Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:04:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1]  (Read 155271 times)
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 05:21:57 PM

Dude, you can't use one day sample as measurement unless someone deploys 100 THs over night.

calm down it was ironic!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beekeeper

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

LTC

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 06:02:39 PM

I'm quite calm, but informative.  Grin

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 06:06:44 PM

I expect a hash rate of 40,000+ GH/s next month.

yrral

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:57:03 PM

@Bitsyncom/ngzhang
What kind of package are your chips using?
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/129-13-jan-13-asic-update.html
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:14:36 PM

@Bitsyncom/ngzhang

Did you read the first post?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1294416#msg1294416

Buy & Hold
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:17:47 PM

@Bitsyncom/ngzhang
OP says QFN.
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:40:49 PM

Huh... 14th, then the 19th, now it's the 21st? 

Interesting...

You get very little irony in your diet, true...?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 08:04:49 PM

Interesting...

It's not irony when I'm pointing out that they are doing the exact same thing they have been vilifying us for.  So, yeah, I guess it's irony, but not on my part.

BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 14th! BFL you keep pushing your date back, it is dishonest to push your date back!
BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 19th! BFL you keep pushing your date back, you suck because you keep missing your date!
BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 21st! BFL you keep pushing your date back, we've only pushed it back two days!

I guess we'll see in another 7 days.  Irony indeed.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 08:07:46 PM

It's not irony when I'm pointing out that they are doing the exact same thing they have been vilifying us for.  So, yeah, I guess it's irony, but not on my part.

BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 14th! BFL you keep pushing your date back, it is dishonest to push your date back!
BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 19th! BFL you keep pushing your date back, you suck because you keep missing your date!
BitSyncom: We are shipping on the 21st! BFL you keep pushing your date back, we've only pushed it back two days!

When Avalon is 4 months past their initial delivery date (Feb '13), then you can say that. Until then, shut up.

Buy & Hold
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 08:11:01 PM

Does the countdown not agree with their original delay?
Updating as promised,

Let's be frank. We ran into a potential delay of 4-7 days.

What does this mean?

We when taped out the chips to TSMC we had a "projected out date" of Jan 3, 2013 which is on schedule with our late dec. / early jan. demonstration dates. Now however after this week's website update our "projected out date" has changed to Jan 7th, 2013 and "committed date" has been revealed to be Jan 10th, 2013. TSMC did not give us a reason for this, but as a small customer you are really at the mercy of bigger customers running higher priority lots. e.g. "super hot lot"  The "committed date" is the promised date of delivery, it is very unusual for TSMC to break their "committed date", so we expect our chips to ship on or before Jan 10th, 2013.

Another potential problem is Customs clearing, the packaging company Fujitsu is located in Shanghai's Export Processing Zone (EPZ), while the packaging itself will not see delays, it may take an additional 2-3 days to clear Customs. To make up for this, if it occurs, we will be flying down to Shanghai to the demonstration in the EPZ instead of waiting for the shipping to the factory for assembly.

With all this happening, it has burned through the 1 week additional leeway time we originally left out. I must say it will be difficulty for us to ship on Jan 14th, we however expect to ship around Jan 18 ~ 20.

The clock looks to be hitting 00:00 at 7am on the 20th in my time zone (CST)
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 08:15:30 PM

Interesting...

unless you're as stupid as the shit you spew out your mouth fingers..
i think there's a difference between missing a couple of days and a couple of months, time-wise.

hell, they even haven't passed the delivery date.

mobodick

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 08:30:38 PM

Interesting...

That is not the ironic fact i was refering to tho.
There is a difference between a few days and a few months as you may know.
The irony in this case is that you do way way worse then the people you are so eager to accuse.
And they at least have the decency to inform their customers/investors beforehand and not a few days after the fact.

(This is of course completely besides the point that there is also irony in avalon getting delayed.)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 08:34:51 PM

Come on guys, let's stop trolling.

We will see in a matter of days, i have mine "20 of January speculation deadline" and than this. It's gonna be a funny time.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3073

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 10:08:17 PM

Interesting...

The irony in this case is that you do way way worse then the people you are so eager to accuse.
And they at least have the decency to inform their customers/investors beforehand and not a few days after the fact.

(This is of course completely besides the point that there is also irony in avalon getting delayed.)

The most ironic thing of all is that no-one understands his tactics. He already knew before he penned his troll-post that his company is more incompetent and deceitful when it comes to their delivery schedule, that was the bait. Which you took.  If he could patent this trolling manoeuvre (which is actually as old as the beginning of time), he'd have earned alot of royalties using it on this forum, as it's one of the few trolling techniques he has he uses posting from his own account.

Vires in numeris
libertybuck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 10:28:31 PM

How to describe everyone's feeling ?

eagerly ......   Grin
anxious ......   Shocked
tired ......       Cry
doubt ......     Huh

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 10:42:13 PM

Shocked
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 10:56:00 PM

When Avalon is 4 months past their initial delivery date (Feb '13), then you can say that. Until then, shut up.

Yeah josh STFU  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mobodick

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:18:36 PM

Interesting...

The most ironic thing of all is that no-one understands his tactics. He already knew before he penned his troll-post that his company is more incompetent and deceitful when it comes to their delivery schedule, that was the bait. Which you took.  If he could patent this trolling manoeuvre (which is actually as old as the beginning of time), he'd have earned alot of royalties using it on this forum, as it's one of the few trolling techniques he has he uses posting from his own account.
..DAMMIT!...
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3073

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:32:15 PM

Interesting...

..DAMMIT!...

...Josh? Is that you in there? You've not taken to trolling your own troll accounts to keep the "debate" moving, surely? Things will improve you know, you might even get ASICs before the end of next month (just be sure you're first in line on that 2nd batch of Avalons!)

Vires in numeris
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 09:32:33 AM

...Josh? Is that you in there? You've not taken to trolling your own troll accounts to keep the "debate" moving, surely? Things will improve you know, you might even get ASICs before the end of next month (just be sure you're first in line on that 2nd batch of Avalons!)

Oh no! You've discovered my secret!

I mean his.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: