Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:42:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should be the new milestone bitcoin should break before Feb 1?
$500
$600
$700
$800
$1000
F*ck your rules, I'm going for $10k

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BTC reach $600 during the first month of the new year?  (Read 80062 times)
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:59:14 AM

IMO we can reach it anytime soon this week. Just look at how the price jumps from another $50 from one secon to another. $1000 could even be posaible I guess at the end of the year.
mdgreasyjohn

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

cancer sucks

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:05:55 AM

low 400's now and moving up 500 or 600 seems likely , now when do i bail and take profit that's the question
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:30:11 AM

Treading at a range of 431.85 right now
We passed $420 and are in a real testing range for Bitcoin the rally seems quite strong from 410 today to a 390 dump and then a recovery that moved it 20 dollars over its time like this that I sure love speculation Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:38:59 AM

The thread will be fulfilled Grin It's amazing how we get to $390 and bounced all the way from there and got in on this level within a short span of time.  This is impressive to say the least, and fun to watch especially if you have fat hodlings. Grin
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:41:25 AM

We passed $420 and are in a real testing range for Bitcoin the rally seems quite strong from 410 today to a 390 dump and then a recovery that moved it 20 dollars over its time like this that I sure love speculation Smiley

Speculation or adoption?

Folk I've talked to about bitcoin we're less concerned about the fact it was 'speculation' and more to the fact it was a 'ponzi' or was not 'legit' ..they speculate in stuff all the time..so it was not the money loss. As it was stated to me many times..they would hate to get involved in bitcoin or crypto and then get a "I told you so" when it 'blew up" and went beanie baby and or tulips....so it was that fear.....

IF we are over that hump....and folk now figure that BTC is legit enough to buy coin w/o the worry that it is all a farce...just a 'speculative investment' that still MAY go kaput...but that is the nature of all speculation...

well.....if the above is in any way true....this puppy could get back to 1000 usd a btc real damn quick Smiley

So again ..speculation is one thing......what you speculate in is the other....if there is at least a little to a lot of faith growing that BTC and crypto has some logic behind them and it is not just some kinda scam..and this hits the 'main public' ...well then the only question is a matter of RISK and AMOUNT...not IF to get in or not....them's lots of folks on the sidelines imho

watch out.....it will be quite the slingshot up imho ..for both use and price if what I say above has any truth

we will be the first to know one way or another Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:03:47 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 07:23:40 AM by freedomno1

Speculation or adoption?

The subthread of the forum we are in is Speculation  Wink
That said your right about it being a subset of Bitcoin adoption however we do not have a section called Bitcoin adoption so I adopted the name here.

Folk I've talked to about bitcoin we're less concerned about the fact it was 'speculation' and more to the fact it was a 'ponzi' or was not 'legit' ..they speculate in stuff all the time..so it was not the money loss. As it was stated to me many times..they would hate to get involved in bitcoin or crypto and then get a "I told you so" when it 'blew up" and went beanie baby and or tulips....so it was that fear.....

IF we are over that hump....and folk now figure that BTC is legit enough to buy coin w/o the worry that it is all a farce...just a 'speculative investment' that still MAY go kaput...but that is the nature of all speculation...

well.....if the above is in any way true....this puppy could get back to 1000 usd a btc real damn quick Smiley

So again ..speculation is one thing......what you speculate in is the other....if there is at least a little to a lot of faith growing that BTC and crypto has some logic behind them and it is not just some kinda scam..and this hits the 'main public' ...well then the only question is a matter of RISK and AMOUNT...not IF to get in or not....them's lots of folks on the sidelines imho

watch out.....it will be quite the slingshot up imho ..for both use and price if what I say above has any truth

we will be the first to know one way or another Smiley

It's taken time but I agree with you, that said the spectre of Ponzi's has slowly faded away as we have had more professional services and exchanges develop not to say that crypto scams are a complete part of the past but their dominance is and has been fading away.

The atmosphere of Fear is still around you just need to look at cases such as what happened in Taiwan to see that, but on the other hand looking at changes to tax regulations in Europe increased usage in Brazil with record exchange volumes this month and the launch of exchanges in New York like Gemini to see that the fear is dissipating albeit slowly and in different places at different times the atmosphere of the forums itself has done the same as we acquired more users and started moving to mainstream.

Above all the Blockchain is bringing in real changes and introducing people who were initially afraid of crypto in by a different approach with that initial fear turning into excitement and interest as all the related projects that were birthed from it have started to come into fruition.

We only need to look at this weeks issue of the economist to see that, so I have faith we are going to get past that dark perception and move forward and this time around we are in for another rocket run, but with a far stronger userbase and service base than we had even a year ago.

As we near 1 Billion in Seed Funding Smiley
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-venture-capital/

That said this time around (sells at 2K buys at $500 ha-ha dang 2013 Bubble Pop Tongue)

(As an aside already passed $500 in Cad)

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:17:06 AM

They will , it made it past the 300 $ test, now well see, just how far it goes, from now till after Xmass we will Polly see them go higher and higher . my only worry now is if they hit 1000 $, how that's gonna go, will it last and go on from there ? .  that's gonna be the ultimate uber test.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:49:21 AM

Heh at 500 usd I can pull out my old KNC 550gh Jupiter BTC miner (OFF since Feb 2015) and make some $$$...Currently at 13c kwh it is only 11 bucks down vs btc and
electric price NOW....It is winter here ....I could 'probably' put it up and it would be a wash as a space heater NOW.

So 500 btc I'd be golden at least till the massive spike of new btc equip and old btc equip would drive difficulty insane

anyway here is the link with my figures and the calc below for anyone interested

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737629.msg12878694#msg12878694

and my KNC Titan(s) now still getting 6.5 LTC a day...man .....this is so beyond weird ...all this 'happiness' on price...it will likely not last but a 'fun ride' the last 2 weeks or so.

my setup

lostgonzo.imgur.com

side note to those still mining below Smiley

anyway my setup (by the way gonna put a fan assisted register above to dining room above (I have boiler heat) to blow the hot air of basement into the 2nd floor dining room above the miners...rather then outside...no need for a 72F basement....just a thought to those of you still mining in basement) Quick amazon search shows them ...I'm probably gonna get
a 220cfm crawlspace dual fan unit with thermostat and grill for it myself ..will not clutter this thread with link ..but they are on Amazon)

Hopefully the 'OP" will not kill this post for the above extra info..but was kinda thrilled to find such FYI) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mexxer-2 (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:51:34 AM

F*cking christ* just noticed how big effect BTC price is having , when signature campaigns are suddenly dropping their pay rates.
*Sorry for the offensive words
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:54:42 AM

Heh at 500 usd I can pull out my old KNC 550gh Jupiter BTC miner (OFF since Feb 2015) and make some $$$...Currently at 13c kwh it is only 11 bucks down vs btc and
electric price NOW....It is winter here ....I could 'probably' put it up and it would be a wash as a space heater NOW.

So 500 btc I'd be golden at least till the massive spike of new btc equip and old btc equip would drive difficulty insane

anyway here is the link with my figures and the calc below for anyone interested

and my KNC Titan(s) now still getting 6.5 LTC a day...man .....this is so beyond weird ...all this 'happiness' on price...it will likely not last but a 'fun ride' the last 2 weeks or so.

my setup

lostgonzo.imgur.com

anyway my setup (by the way gonna put a fan assisted register above to dining room above (I have boiler heat) to blow the hot air of basement into the 2nd floor dining room above the miners...rather then outside...no need for a 72F basement....just a thought to those of you still mining in basement) Quick amazon search shows them ...I'm probably gonna get
a 220cfm crawlspace dual fan unit with thermostat and grill for it myself ..will not clutter this thread with link ..but they are on Amazon)

Hopefully the 'OP" will not kill this post for the above extra info..but was kinda thrilled to find such FYI) Smiley

You may as well turn them on now so I can secretly get a few hashes closer in the mining speculation thread to my target (whistle)
That said it would be a good time to have miners operational the weather is getting colder and you would likely pay the heating costs may as well take the benefit of mining and assume that it's basically heating with a chance of return.

I know a lot of people will old miners are starting to turn them on again as this price is moving so it's definitely the time to give it a shot and get a chance at beating the heating bill as a bonus.
(Even Phillip hit a solo block the other day with a team of 3 on luck)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1229199.msg12876224#msg12876224

(Also Bitcoin Boner I know that feeling ^^)

sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:12:34 AM

We will hit $400 at nopember Grin

yeahhh like i say
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:50:49 AM

The price is around $450. The price has risen dramatically.

In order for the future health of bitcoin price, I think it should stop here for about a month to consolidate the gain so far this year.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:12:38 AM

In order for the future health of bitcoin price, I think it should stop here for about a month to consolidate the gain so far this year.

just let it go we have waited for long for this lets enjoy while last
price could stay stable for couple of days and might go down or up depends on demand from the market

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:18:17 AM

The way it is going right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it does within a week. I personally feel that it should reach $700-$800 by the end of the year. The next few weeks are sure going to be exciting for Bitcoin.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:09:23 AM

my setup

lostgonzo.imgur.com

You may as well turn them on now so I can secretly get a few hashes closer in the mining speculation thread to my target (whistle)
That said it would be a good time to have miners operational the weather is getting colder and you would likely pay the heating costs may as well take the benefit of mining and assume that it's basically heating with a chance of return.

I know a lot of people will old miners are starting to turn them on again as this price is moving so it's definitely the time to give it a shot and get a chance at beating the heating bill as a bonus.
(Even Phillip hit a solo block the other day with a team of 3 on luck)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1229199.msg12876224#msg12876224

(Also Bitcoin Boner I know that feeling ^^)

heh would need to get a 750w or above power supply...UNLESS you think a Seasonic 660w would work (myself I think it used to pull 725 watts but prob more) so prob not ;(

so..I'll likely let it stay as a gravity assist device (off) to keep my miner bench on the earth don't ya know Smiley

again losing 11 bucks a month yet on electric at 440 btc price...but tempting..but if I DID get a power supply it would be a corsair 1200i as a justification 'spare' for the Titans (go big or go home)
an't quite that 'prudent yet' even on the 'spare psu ..which is not a bad idea' nor the Jupiter back up ....

but then again 500 usd I may just do it just to justify the 'heat' and hopefully eventual power supply purchase (wtf diff will catch up eventually) but something like that ..just using it to discount a spare 1200i corsair in some manner and a space heater..yep 500 usd I would do so (i've done dumber things)...could always back figure what it mined as a discount on the spare 1200i corsair...(its all about justifying my dubious spending habits) ..but yeah 500 plus coin..that boat could float....as a space heater and having a discount on a spare PSU just in case.....

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:17:48 AM

IF this is an 'adoption' trend as these guys seem to think it is (called it a couple months back)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-04/bitcoin-soars-14-month-highs-major-exchange-eases-access-chinese

Well then imho 'consolidation' is not needed.....especially if in China you can ..as the above article states NOW move fiat from your bank to exchanges again..that is 'huge'

frigging 1000 usd may be too low if with economy slowing in China and devalue of their currency...everyone is moving $$$ out of the country

the key here is why? Has the Chinese gov't had a change of heart? (better the capital go out of china ...and someday come back then sitting on and blocking of bitcoin?)

but weird that NOW all of a sudden BTC is ok (implied) and they are allowing (from above article) direct deposit to exchanges again (weird)

Then again...if Chinese gov't wants people to put money into China ....BTC thru Chinese exchanges works maybe (i'm clueless on wtf is going on)

But anyway .......you are correct ..consolidation is needed if their is a slippage of 'faith'

If however it is an adoption/service hedge out $$$ kinda thing and we think BTC is safe in its own speculative way ..hell 500 usd imho is way too low Smiley

(then again I'm frigging stunned on what is going on .....so no clue..just saying)

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 01:09:23 PM

492.6$ Bitstamp
491.2$ Bitfinex
489.9$ Coinbase
(486.7$ Preev)
Just connected and woohoo 500$ today?

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:14:00 PM

If I am not mistaken Chinese exchange has already reached $500 so yea, I think it will also appear in other exchanges anytime soon now. What's next? Smiley
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:17:02 PM

492.6$ Bitstamp
491.2$ Bitfinex
489.9$ Coinbase
(486.7$ Preev)
Just connected and woohoo 500$ today?

Will BTC reach $500 during november?

if you see chart graphich you will know we can reach $500 today or nextday
it's very possible with bitcoin market
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:17:37 PM

Within minutes, I'd guess, on bitfinex
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: