Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:01:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bitsharesuser1234

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:00:15 PM

can you guys confirm that whatever happens with the foundation vs corporate sponsorship, the IOTA token issued during the ICO wont be replaced by another token issued later

You should ask Foundation for this.

CfB I respect you very very much but I am not sure this implicit threat ( Forking the code and leave everyone behind) for the foundation Drama is welcome,even if we are just on BTT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vicodin

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:01:58 PM

could you all please quit that fuckin drama?!

let IOTA be launched, give an address to donate or even better a donate button, let some weeks pass and THEN have a look what came around. And if something is missing i am sure some will be willing to do another donation until the 5% are reached.

jeez, give me a break

huh, usually you are being an asshole, and drama,
this time, it's the opposite.

You are totally right. this is not the issue for these roles to be reversed. man
Sorry for being a dick, but I am very good in speaking in the language of the user

it is important. but were not gonna shut the coin down, start a new one in hopes that for some reason
this time it will work. This makes no sense all over the place. like WTF people.

The coin is not even launched yet. get out of the way of yourselves

Iota is doing great, 15 to 20 times depending on the trust level, which means it will be worth even more
when there is a zero trust problem, because everyone can send coins and we are on exchanges

David and CFB must just be dumbfounded by some of the bullshit people spew in here. give it up

The coin will be an hard to get 1 to 10 billion in time.
yes we need a foundation, it will be funded, if we hit 76% of the goal, or whatever well over 50% WILL HAPPEN.

the coin isn't launched yet
the coin isn't launched yet,

ok I hope you now got the memo

Iota will be fine. People will step up. Stop making pointless points and causing drama

Bitsharesuser1234

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:05:41 PM

could you all please quit that fuckin drama?!

let IOTA be launched, give an address to donate or even better a donate button, let some weeks pass and THEN have a look what came around. And if something is missing i am sure some will be willing to do another donation until the 5% are reached.

jeez, give me a break

huh, usually you are being an asshole, and drama,
this time, it's the opposite.

You are totally right. this is not the issue for these roles to be reversed. man
Sorry for being a dick, but I am very good in speaking in the language of the user

it is important. but were gonna shut the coin down, start a new one in hopes that for some reason
this time it will work. This makes no sense all over the place. like WTF people.

The coin is not even launched yet. get out of the way of yourselves

Iota is doing great, 15 to 20 times depending on the trust level, which means it will be worth even more
when there is a zero trust problem, because everyone can send coins and we are on exchanges

David and CFB must just be dumbfounded by some of the bullshit people spew in here. give it up

The coin will be an hard to get 1 to 10 billion in time.
yes we need a foundation, it will be funded, if we hit 76% of the goal, or whatever well over 50% WILL HAPPEN.

the coin isn't launched yet

ok I hope you now got the memo

Iota will be fine. People will step up. Stop making pointless points and causing drama

I hate your tone but have to confess I damn agree with you
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:08:27 PM

CfB I respect you very very much but I am not sure this implicit threat ( Forking the code and leave everyone behind) for the foundation Drama is welcome,even if we are just on BTT

What forking do you mean? Do you have the relevant quote of me or iotatoken?
Bitsharesuser1234

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:13:59 PM

What forking do you mean? Do you have the relevant quote of me or iotatoken?

Quote from: Come-from-Beyond on Today at 01:54:33 PM
Quote from: acdc on Today at 01:48:08 PM
can you guys confirm that whatever happens with the foundation vs corporate sponsorship, the IOTA token issued during the ICO wont be replaced by another token issued later

This is called passive aggressive language, by replying "ask the foundation" you publicly say that this could be taken into consideration.

You are too clever not to know this Wink
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:14:53 PM

End this drama over nada

Another day in crypto, another day filled with pointless drama.
Once again certain people who seem addicted to drama start the usual barrage of false accusations and logical fallacies either out of pure trolldom or cognitive deficiencies.
I am writing this post to set the record straight and to hopefully inspire people to look beyond this vacuous nonsense and instead focus their energy and enthusiasm towards productive endeavors rather than this toxic and complete waste of time.

Will IOTA potentially fork and 'leave' the current holders 'behind' ?

I have seen this question in several variants in the last couple of weeks, but before we can even begin to adress this concern we must first get on the same page:

We (company that sold IOTA software) embarked on the IOTA project out of necessity, a necessity to have this technology in the tech stack of Internet-of-Things. The vision we have for Internet-of-Things requires a transactional settlement layer so that distributed technological resources can be traded between prosuming and consuming machines in the emerging 'Economy of Things'. That is why we created IOTA, not for money, not for political ideology, not for glory. This was made abundantly clear at the time of crowdsale. We sold the software as a product from the same company that is developing the hardware infrastructure for our vision of precisely this Internet-of-Things.

We had ample opportunity to forego the entire crypto-community and sell the software directly to companies if we wanted. We chose the route of involving the crypto and development community because we genuinely believe that the most efficient open-source projects got active and involved communities. This was aimed at developers / activists in the space, not speculators. Speculators are of course free to purchase and hold iotas, but we have no obligation whatsoever to even listen to them, nor will we. Everyone was 100% aware of this when purchasing IOTA software.

Now that we are very close to delivering on our sales agreement of said software, we now need to ensure that it gets adoption. Having the best tech is not sufficient for our vision. It's sufficient to do whatever task you purchased the software for, but we need global adoption of a Tangle standard for our vision of 'Ledger of Things' in 'Economy of Things' to materialize. This is why we - as community members, not company - have been VOLUNTEERING time and effort to grow the IOTA ecosystem and work 'behind the scenes' to get company adoption. But for this to succeed (as a standard) we need at least 5% of total iotas going forward to be able to facilitate the adoption of IOTA as a IoT standard. I realize that a lot of people in crypto don't have a lot of experience with this and so it may seem obfuscated as to why this is so important, and if it's so important why didn't we just set aside the premine?
To answer this you must understand a couple of things:

a) Getting adoption for standards is notoriously hard.

I implore every skeptic to do some research into how technological standards get established. TL;DR usually behemoth companies form alliances around a certain technology, strike beneficial deals together and pour millions/billions into the ecosystem. This includes travelling and participating in tons of conferences and expos, visiting companies and trying to show them why the tech is useful for their company and why they ought to adopt it etc. This costs insane amounts of money. To put into perspective we were semi-invited to an IoT conference, the only problem was they needed 40,000 dollars for us to have a proper demonstration of the tech, including speech and Q&A. This is not cheap, and this is before you calculate in travel expenses and wages for those hours.

b) Why we didn't set aside a premine

We made the choice to make IOTA completely open and community driven. We knew from years experience in this field that the 'bystander effect' kicks in quickly. This would've posed a great risk to us as a start-up if we had set aside a premine, as it would make us liable for the success of the project post-software release. This is not something we want to, and I think from the borderline slave treatment we get from certain idiots that everyone can understand why, even when we don't set aside a premine, this sort of degenerate mentality still prevails in certain people. That is not to say that premine is universally a bad thing, Ethereum did great with theirs, but they also had a fuckton more funding, a lot more devs on hand and a very different kind of vision.

So... going back to the concern at hand: we will do whatever it takes to succeed in ensuring that the IOTA technology gets adoption in the real world. We would prefer that it happens through this iteration and this community, which is why we have volunteered A LOT of time and effort to make that a reality, but if the community is not able to gather ~5% of total iotas to ensure the IOTA project's continued growth, well then we must find another route to achieve our goal. This is not only within our obvious rights, it's a no-brainer. We did not make IOTA to make money for ourselves, we made it to solve a technological problem that hinders adoption of IoT. If that means teaming up with these companies on a consortium, then of course we will do that ASAP. This is 100% the community's choice. You will still have the IOTA technology you purchased, and  you can as a community do whatever you wish with it, it's 100% open source, that's the entire point of open source projects like this. And judging from those who are the most disrespectful and drama instigators, it should be no issue, you get rid of us, and you are suddenly at the helm of this ship and can show your superiority as captains.

To even utter the very notion that this is somehow a 'threat' or 'blackmailing' is so infinitely disingenous and stupid that I literally feel the tumors growing inside my brain from having to endure such vapid bullshit.

So in summary:

Everyone has purchased IOTA software, we are delivering IOTA software + more. That is the WHOLE extent of our sales agreement.

We also volunteer as community members to initiate an IOTA Foundation which will be a non-profit entity that will consist of the most dedicated people with the most experience in terms of getting the right people involved to achieve the goal of establishing IOTA as a universal standard in 'Internet-of-Things' as a 'Ledger of Things'/'Economy of Things'

IF the community CHOOSES to take another path. I.E. not fund this foundation initiative, then we are forced to also take another path to achieve our goal. This is a mutual choice and is 100% transparent, open, fair, honest, moral, ethical and above all OBVIOUS.

The ironic thing is that IOTA is actually going very, very well and the majority of the community is engaged and rational individuals, there is actually very little drama, except when certain individuals decide to create it here on the forum. So for everyone else: please just don't buy into the drama, get active, donate to the foundation and just ignore those people, sadly I can't, as it's my responsibility to have to continuously alleviate these dishonest 'concerns'

albert_mt

Activity: 225

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:17:44 PM

i will donate 5%. no developer works for free in this world .
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:23:13 PM

Quote from: Come-from-Beyond on Today at 01:54:33 PM
Quote from: acdc on Today at 01:48:08 PM

This is called passive aggressive language, by replying "ask the foundation" you publicly say that this could be taken into consideration.

You are too clever not to know this Wink

Actually that my phrase meant that after the software release the contract would be completed. All other work will be done by the Foundation, if it will be support of the existing tangle or creation of another is up to that Foundation. There could be 2 such Foundations, one will support the old tangle and the other will support the new one. The one with more funding will win, probably.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:26:06 PM

It will look like we asked for more money to complete the product. Replace "developer" with "marketer/supporter/promoter", please.
Bitsharesuser1234

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:30:15 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 04:50:51 PM by Bitsharesuser1234

Actually that my phrase meant that after the software release the contract would be completed. All other work will be done by the Foundation, if it will be support of the existing tangle or creation of another is up to that Foundation. There could be 2 such Foundations, one will support the old tangle and the other will support the new one. The one with more funding will win, probably.

Thanks for rephrasing CfB, makes more sense.

Yes as David stated everything will go smoothly Im sure so Iam urging myself as EVERYONE here to not only stop complaining like a bunch of kids but to just donate and make this milestone a reality, we are clever enough to have trusted these guys by donating our money so lets just go to the end of the road by making the foundation a reality and way beyond with the huge outcome of this latter.

albert_mt

Activity: 225

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:33:44 PM

It will look like we asked for more money to complete the product. Replace "developer" with "marketer/supporter/promoter", please.

i am happy to donate 5% for the "marketer/supporter/promoter" Smiley for me this is a coin not product or software. 20x roi is a great return. better than LISK 3x roi.
marcus1986

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:35:28 PM

Donated 5% of my IOTAs. Can I donate more IOTAs later, e.g. after releasing ver. 1.0?
banqueiro

Activity: 150

cryptoPag.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 04:36:41 PM

End this drama over nada

Another day in crypto, another day filled with pointless drama.
Once again certain people who seem addicted to drama start the usual barrage of false accusations and logical fallacies either out of pure trolldom or cognitive deficiencies.
I am writing this post to set the record straight and to hopefully inspire people to look beyond this vacuous nonsense and instead focus their energy and enthusiasm towards productive endeavors rather than this toxic and complete waste of time.

Will IOTA potentially fork and 'leave' the current holders 'behind' ?

I have seen this question in several variants in the last couple of weeks, but before we can even begin to adress this concern we must first get on the same page:

We (company that sold IOTA software) embarked on the IOTA project out of necessity, a necessity to have this technology in the tech stack of Internet-of-Things. The vision we have for Internet-of-Things requires a transactional settlement layer so that distributed technological resources can be traded between prosuming and consuming machines in the emerging 'Economy of Things'. That is why we created IOTA, not for money, not for political ideology, not for glory. This was made abundantly clear at the time of crowdsale. We sold the software as a product from the same company that is developing the hardware infrastructure for our vision of precisely this Internet-of-Things.

We had ample opportunity to forego the entire crypto-community and sell the software directly to companies if we wanted. We chose the route of involving the crypto and development community because we genuinely believe that the most efficient open-source projects got active and involved communities. This was aimed at developers / activists in the space, not speculators. Speculators are of course free to purchase and hold iotas, but we have no obligation whatsoever to even listen to them, nor will we. Everyone was 100% aware of this when purchasing IOTA software.

Now that we are very close to delivering on our sales agreement of said software, we now need to ensure that it gets adoption. Having the best tech is not sufficient for our vision. It's sufficient to do whatever task you purchased the software for, but we need global adoption of a Tangle standard for our vision of 'Ledger of Things' in 'Economy of Things' to materialize. This is why we - as community members, not company - have been VOLUNTEERING time and effort to grow the IOTA ecosystem and work 'behind the scenes' to get company adoption. But for this to succeed (as a standard) we need at least 5% of total iotas going forward to be able to facilitate the adoption of IOTA as a IoT standard. I realize that a lot of people in crypto don't have a lot of experience with this and so it may seem obfuscated as to why this is so important, and if it's so important why didn't we just set aside the premine?
To answer this you must understand a couple of things:

a) Getting adoption for standards is notoriously hard.

I implore every skeptic to do some research into how technological standards get established. TL;DR usually behemoth companies form alliances around a certain technology, strike beneficial deals together and pour millions/billions into the ecosystem. This includes travelling and participating in tons of conferences and expos, visiting companies and trying to show them why the tech is useful for their company and why they ought to adopt it etc. This costs insane amounts of money. To put into perspective we were semi-invited to an IoT conference, the only problem was they needed 40,000 dollars for us to have a proper demonstration of the tech, including speech and Q&A. This is not cheap, and this is before you calculate in travel expenses and wages for those hours.

b) Why we didn't set aside a premine

We made the choice to make IOTA completely open and community driven. We knew from years experience in this field that the 'bystander effect' kicks in quickly. This would've posed a great risk to us as a start-up if we had set aside a premine, as it would make us liable for the success of the project post-software release. This is not something we want to, and I think from the borderline slave treatment we get from certain idiots that everyone can understand why, even when we don't set aside a premine, this sort of degenerate mentality still prevails in certain people. That is not to say that premine is universally a bad thing, Ethereum did great with theirs, but they also had a fuckton more funding, a lot more devs on hand and a very different kind of vision.

So... going back to the concern at hand: we will do whatever it takes to succeed in ensuring that the IOTA technology gets adoption in the real world. We would prefer that it happens through this iteration and this community, which is why we have volunteered A LOT of time and effort to make that a reality, but if the community is not able to gather ~5% of total iotas to ensure the IOTA project's continued growth, well then we must find another route to achieve our goal. This is not only within our obvious rights, it's a no-brainer. We did not make IOTA to make money for ourselves, we made it to solve a technological problem that hinders adoption of IoT. If that means teaming up with these companies on a consortium, then of course we will do that ASAP. This is 100% the community's choice. You will still have the IOTA technology you purchased, and  you can as a community do whatever you wish with it, it's 100% open source, that's the entire point of open source projects like this. And judging from those who are the most disrespectful and drama instigators, it should be no issue, you get rid of us, and you are suddenly at the helm of this ship and can show your superiority as captains.

To even utter the very notion that this is somehow a 'threat' or 'blackmailing' is so infinitely disingenous and stupid that I literally feel the tumors growing inside my brain from having to endure such vapid bullshit.

So in summary:

Everyone has purchased IOTA software, we are delivering IOTA software + more. That is the WHOLE extent of our sales agreement.

We also volunteer as community members to initiate an IOTA Foundation which will be a non-profit entity that will consist of the most dedicated people with the most experience in terms of getting the right people involved to achieve the goal of establishing IOTA as a universal standard in 'Internet-of-Things' as a 'Ledger of Things'/'Economy of Things'

IF the community CHOOSES to take another path. I.E. not fund this foundation initiative, then we are forced to also take another path to achieve our goal. This is a mutual choice and is 100% transparent, open, fair, honest, moral, ethical and above all OBVIOUS.

The ironic thing is that IOTA is actually going very, very well and the majority of the community is engaged and rational individuals, there is actually very little drama, except when certain individuals decide to create it here on the forum. So for everyone else: please just don't buy into the drama, get active, donate to the foundation and just ignore those people, sadly I can't, as it's my responsibility to have to continuously alleviate these dishonest 'concerns'

Thank you for the clarification. There remains no doubt that the 5% contribution for the IOTA Foundation is not only needed, but deserved. It is a moral duty for each one here, and it represents a stronger cohesion, and a bigger potential for the success of the project.

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:36:52 PM

I already have donated 5% when doing the initial claim, and I am eager to donate another 5% after launch, when I can use the human accessible maintenance hatch that every tech has one way or another, even if it is mostly intended for use by machnies.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:44:07 PM

Sorry to say, but you're reinforcing the unwanted side effects that I mentioned in my previous post. 

Can someone at least explain to me how these arguments help Iota? 

Do we want the Foundation to be funded or do we want 100% Genesis donators? 

Both is better.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:46:52 PM

@Hachoir, try again without strong language.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:51:41 PM

Both is not going to happen.  Not because I say it, but because people have already said they won't donate.

So, which of the two do we want?

Then the latter is not an option.
Bitsharesuser1234

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:52:14 PM

@smaragda

When we say end of drama, we mean it so please stop now
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:58:30 PM

Fine.  Please proceed to properly inform everyone on the implications of this then.  And make sure to remember that you are saying it is not an option before the Foundation is a reality when providing said info.

I'm not sure I get you. There will be a Foundation or there will be no a Foundation. Both cases have their benefits, for example, I always wanted to check if Nxt fate is the rule or an exception.
Bitsharesuser1234

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:59:07 PM

@smaragda

When we say end of drama, we mean it so please stop now

STFU

Thanks for your "mature" comprehension
Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: