Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:14:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:20:28 PM

is Release=Launch , if so, i can't donate anymore then, thats my whole point for the last 3 pages and i still have no answer and everyone is saying something different  Cheesy ,
oh my, if its the last thing i do i will donate for this foundation, no matter the odds  Cool
if you can not after Release, it is not problem my friend!!
Most important is that you intended to donate  Smiley Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:24:26 PM

Who have the connections with the anonymous donors pledged to donate before? Can you contact them to claim and donate now?

Ludom does, but I'm not sure he's involved with the community anymore, because of disagreements with Iotatoken, which is a bummer because he's a really good guy. Regardless, I was the anonymous large donator to the Foundation, which I've done already during my claim a couple days ago, I donated 10% of my stake (over 5mil old Iota).

If he was truly a good guy he would not make insane accusations and complain for no reason. If he choses to exit the community because he can't face himself in the mirror then I'm happy. It would be equivalent to videodrome, complain, complain, complain, profit, thank us. Pathetic.

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:30:19 PM

is Release=Launch , if so, i can't donate anymore then, thats my whole point for the last 3 pages and i still have no answer and everyone is saying something different  Cheesy ,
oh my, if its the last thing i do i will donate for this foundation, no matter the odds  Cool
Most important is that you intended to donate  Smiley Kiss

well it could be a problem when the foundation isn't funded and those few iotas of mine or any other person in my position had made the difference. would be a shame.
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:37:20 PM

is Release=Launch , if so, i can't donate anymore then, thats my whole point for the last 3 pages and i still have no answer and everyone is saying something different  Cheesy ,
oh my, if its the last thing i do i will donate for this foundation, no matter the odds  Cool
Most important is that you intended to donate  Smiley Kiss

well it could be a problem when the foundation isn't funded and those few iotas of mine or any other person in my position had made the difference. would be a shame.
Yes, it is a problem if foundation isn't funded  Undecided
if foundation recolted funded, you can sent some donation after Release!!   Wink

"my question is , it is possible donate after Release?

David 23:22
Yes if we reach minimum goal of 5% pre-release of course"

Let's go Whale donate Now!!
Ludom

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:42:35 PM

Who have the connections with the anonymous donors pledged to donate before? Can you contact them to claim and donate now?

Ludom does, but I'm not sure he's involved with the community anymore, because of disagreements with Iotatoken, which is a bummer because he's a really good guy. Regardless, I was the anonymous large donator to the Foundation, which I've done already during my claim a couple days ago, I donated 10% of my stake (over 5mil old Iota).

If he was truly a good guy he would not make insane accusations and complain for no reason. If he choses to exit the community because he can't face himself in the mirror then I'm happy. It would be equivalent to videodrome, complain, complain, complain, profit, thank us. Pathetic.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I love you too, David.

Don't worry msin. I don't care about David's opinion. I know exactly what I have to do and I'll do it. If Iota community need my help, I'll help for sure.
You only have to send me a MP on supernet or Nxt slack, or on this forum.

I think I'll take some distance of Iota. It's better for iotatoken who don't like my pathetic complain. He has better things to do as answer to me. I always believe in the Iota project but, for sure, I help more if I'm not involved in the discussion on the forum and the chat.

I gave my part for the foundation, I'm now a passive Iota holder. Good luck
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:48:19 PM

If Iota community need my help, I'll help for sure.
Merci beaucoup Ludom!! franchement!!  Smiley Kiss Kiss
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:50:24 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2016, 10:10:06 PM by yassin54

Good Night everybody!! need to sleep!!  Smiley Kiss
moonfrog

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:13:37 PM

Just claimed and donated 6% to the foundation as many did. I am with you, dear donators!

empty
iotatoken

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:15:43 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I love you too, David.

Don't worry msin. I don't care about David's opinion. I know exactly what I have to do and I'll do it. If Iota community need my help, I'll help for sure.
You only have to send me a MP on supernet or Nxt slack, or on this forum.

I think I'll take some distance of Iota. It's better for iotatoken who don't like my pathetic complain. He has better things to do as answer to me. I always believe in the Iota project but, for sure, I help more if I'm not involved in the discussion on the forum and the chat.

I gave my part for the foundation, I'm now a passive Iota holder. Good luck

You ought to know that I don't have anything against you as an individual, but your last post. We can agree to disagree on it, but my whole point is that it's insane to accuse us of any wrong doing when it is our volunteer work that is giving people huge profits.

iotanol

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:18:52 PM

I promised earlier to donate only for the big deal. Because the foundation became much more important, I made a different decision. That's why claimed and donated to the foundation. I think it is better for all of us. My previous promise becomes herewith invalid.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:44:51 PM

I promised earlier to donate only for the big deal. Because the foundation became much more important, I made a different decision. That's why claimed and donated to the foundation. I think it is better for all of us. My previous promise becomes herewith invalid.

Thank you
GetVisaCoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:47:41 AM

I want 25X if the trade happens after the foundation gets funded, but 20X if the deal happens before that is known. Escrow through CfB if he agrees.

If it's the sale of the whole account in the snapshot and the iotas weren't claimed then I can do that within next 72 hours.

Thanks CfB, but I have more than 1%, and I want to keep some IOTA still, so we would need to split the account, I hope that is possible.

A few people have asked for exact valuation numbers, my calculations are as follows:

ICO funds raised
930.96 btc
Jinn 41297 * 0.0063 = 260.1711 btc

total bitcoins = 930.96 + 260.1711 = 1191.1311

1% = 11.911311 btc

If I have made an error we will adjust figures
oldisoft

Activity: 854

https://iota.org/

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:53:33 AM

much love  Cool, can you explain ya boy cfb why i can't donate atm, he doesn't seem to get it or care when i tell him  Smiley
Dont worry, when Release is here, you can donate, i think, i am not dev, not in foundation, i am just free electron( Kiss Kiss) and like help when there good project and of course i hope my investment work in future

Thanks me too!!  Wink Kiss

Thank You, Dear Friend, for Your support!

Have a nice day!

oldisoft

Activity: 854

https://iota.org/

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:56:24 AM

Thank You for changing Your mind!

Donation for Foundation is very important for all of us and for IOTA's Future!!!

youyou_

Activity: 596

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:49:43 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 07:04:46 AM by youyou_

I know Ludom and I don't agree at all with this. Ludom's posts were constructive. Your harsh statements causes a lot of damages to the community you are trying to invole :/
please find a real community manager. Your are not good at this job.
iotatoken

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:04:13 AM

I know Ludom and I don't agree at all with this. Ludom's posts were constructive. Your harsh statements causes a lot of damages to the community you are trying to invole :/

My thoughts on Ludom is that he's genuinely a guy that wants to do good and is doing it in his own manner. We happen to disagree fundamentally on a host of issues, which is no problem, varying opinions are always good, one should never live in a echo chamber.

However my 'harsh statements' were DIRECTLY addressing the issue of him claiming that the community had reason to 'feel like hostages', which is just absurd, so that is what I said. If he's not willing to accept that such a characterization is absurd and inflammatory then I honestly don't care. Remember I am saying *IF* this is how he truly feels, I am not saying that it *IS* how he feels.

I have said everything I have to say on the topic and elucidated the entire situation ad nauseam at this point, so I'd prefer if people stop wasting everyone's time on semantics and drama.

youyou_

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:08:29 AM

My thoughts on Ludom is that he's genuinely a guy that wants to do good and is doing it in his own manner. We happen to disagree fundamentally on a host of issues, which is no problem, varying opinions are always good, one should never live in a echo chamber.

However my 'harsh statements' were DIRECTLY addressing the issue of him claiming that the community had reason to 'feel like hostages', which is just absurd, so that is what I said. If he's not willing to accept that such a characterization is absurd and inflammatory then I honestly don't care. Remember I am saying *IF* this is how he truly feels, I am not saying that it *IS* how he feels.

I have said everything I have to say on the topic and elucidated the entire situation ad nauseam at this point, so I'd prefer if people stop wasting everyone's time on semantics and drama.

why don't you find a community manager? Many of us understand you are upset to answer 1000 times the same question and being questioned by trolls on various topics. You could focus on real business and other stuffs you are good at. (you are not a good community manager)
iotatoken

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:16:35 AM

why don't you find a community manager? Many of us understand you are upset to answer 1000 times the same question and being questioned by trolls on various topics. You could focus on real business and other stuffs you are good at. (you are not a good community manager)

Why do we need a 'community manager'? What is that even meant to be? As an open source project and community those roles just emerge naturally. I am responding to the issues pertaining to the software we sold as a company, as the leader of the project and business. I'm not here to hold your hand or sing you lullabys. If there's an issue, I will handle it, if there's a genuine question, I will answer it. But where did you get this idea that we need a dedicated 'community manager'? We have several of those already, including Yassin who is doing a tremendous job in keeping track of community issues.

youyou_

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:22:35 AM

Why do we need a 'community manager'? What is that even meant to be? As an open source project and community those roles just emerge naturally. I am responding to the issues pertaining to the software we sold as a company, as the leader of the project and business. I'm not here to hold your hand or sing you lullabys. If there's an issue, I will handle it, if there's a genuine question, I will answer it. But where did you get this idea that we need a dedicated 'community manager'? We have several of those already, including Yassin who is doing a tremendous job in keeping track of community issues.

Exactly for the same reasons CfB answered "ask David" when someone asked him about business/legal topics at the beginning of Jinn.
The point is not to be hold community members by the hand, but to manage people, deal with questionning people and trolls, maintain a topic or a document that summarize information (a big lake of this: to find information you have to follow the chat, and this 200+ pages thread) onto the newbies can be directed, etc.
AND a good community manager is a guy who can answer 1000 time the same question on the same tone. E.G. a guy like Bas.
iotatoken

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:31:29 AM

Exactly for the same reasons CfB answered "ask David" when someone asked him about business/legal topics at the beginning of Jinn.
The point is not to be hold community members by the hand, but to manage people, deal with questionning people and trolls, maintain a topic or a document that summarize information (a big lake of this: to find information you have to follow the chat, and this 200+ pages thread) onto the newbies can be directed, etc.

I think you confuse a few different issues here, though I may just misinterpret what you're saying.

I manage the people that needs to be managed in the sense of allocating their talents and time to issues that are actually important to IOTA's growth as a technology. But there's no reason to give someone an official title as 'community manager' who keeps track of every question in the community. Like I said: these roles have to emerge naturally, like they're already doing.

I am answering the questions within my domain and let other people find and fill theirs. This goes back to exactly why we did not allocate a premine and act as we do towards pure speculators: we don't want bystander effects. We want people to get involved and DO THEIR PART as community members.If we said 'X is now officially community manager' we would just see further bystander effects. Everyone should just jump in where they see fit and then these roles will be carved by the darwinian social dynamics of the community. It's really that simple, no need for me to officially appoint someone to such a broad position that will consist of several people, of which one is already Yassin. I didn't need to tell him to do it, he just stepped up like a champ and focus on certain issues, which is why I gave him admin on chat and forum so he can do his self-appointed job more efficiently. As more and more such people come forth the same will happen. This is a non-concern to me.

As for documentation etc. again this is a community issue. I have already requested for people with talent in documentation to step forth, because it's one of the most important aspects and it's time consuming, meaning it can't be done by just 1 person. We are already seeing some people assume responsibility and initiate such efforts and I predict we'll see tons more as the project evolves.

Right now the only real thing that truly matters is that people understand the situation of the project, what our role and responsibility is, what we have proposed to the community through the foundation and then if the community chooses we will get that ball rolling fast. I have tons of things prepared for months, not to mention the GUI and new website and official launch. Everything is really going smoothly, people just need to stop focusing on drama and act like responsible adults in an open source movement like they are. If everyone does that then there would be no further issues.

Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: