Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:28:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471702 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:28:30 PM

what will happen if the quota for the foundation is not met?

Foundation won't exist.

can we claim/donate again or still wait?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:34:47 PM

Network goes live soon. Once iota hits exchanges this offer is revoked.

did you give any IOTAs for foundation?

shouldn't that be the decision of the buyer?

It is, but it's still a fair question.
Well, what if he didn't donate? As it is voluntary, anyway, it makes no sense this question: If anyone finds it a good buy, they will simply buy these IOTAs, no matter if the seller donated or not. So, that's a nonsense question which only consequence is to make IOTA seem unattractive to potential buyers... I wonder if hurting IOTA's image is a reasonable stratgy Roll Eyes

Your signature says "proud to be a greedy speculator." You should probably know that greedy speculators are not appreciated around here. If you are one, you might want to move along. This community runs differently than most. And yes we have every right to ask if this person has donated. And if you don't like it, you can move right along.
Heliogabalus

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:47:03 PM

Well, what if he didn't donate? As it is voluntary, anyway, it makes no sense this question: If anyone finds it a good buy, they will simply buy these IOTAs, no matter if the seller donated or not. So, that's a nonsense question which only consequence is to make IOTA seem unattractive to potential buyers... I wonder if hurting IOTA's image is a reasonable stratgy Roll Eyes

Your signature says "proud to be a greedy speculator." You should probably know that greedy speculators are not appreciated around here. If you are one, you might want to move along. This community runs differently than most. And yes we have every right to ask if this person has donated. And if you don't like it, you can move right along.
Actually, I do not believe in Santa Claus... so... I couldn't care less Roll Eyes
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 12:13:57 AM

Actually, I do not believe in Santa Claus... so... I couldn't care less Roll Eyes

On the off-chance that you're not a troll: why wouldn't you donate? What is the most likely to bring a profit to your self-proclaimed 'greedy investor' mentality, a project that collapses into stagnation or a project that has the funds to bring on board the biggest companies in the world?

Heliogabalus

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 12:35:15 AM

On the off-chance that you're not a troll: why wouldn't you donate? What is the most likely to bring a profit to your self-proclaimed 'greedy investor' mentality, a project that collapses into stagnation or a project that has the funds to bring on board the biggest companies in the world?
I don't hold IOTAs, but I am looking forward to it Wink
Ha5hedout

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:12:00 AM

I only read this damn board to try keep a track of whats going on with the development but i really hate reading most of the stuff on here. If this person is really selling X% of IOTA thats their right, freedom of choice for better or worse. I can totally understand why you would want the foundation funded sooner rather than later but lets be fair, IOTA is unfinished and not even remotely proven to work in the real world yet also correct me if im wrong here but when this does get released live it will have to be supervised for a year. So why walk before you can crawl.

I am very confident in saying that when IOTA does go live and has been battle tested you foundation will be well funded for sure.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:24:24 AM

I only read this damn board to try keep a track of whats going on with the development but i really hate reading most of the stuff on here. If this person is really selling X% of IOTA thats their right, freedom of choice for better or worse. I can totally understand why you would want the foundation funded sooner rather than later but lets be fair, IOTA is unfinished and not even remotely proven to work in the real world yet also correct me if im wrong here but when this does get released live it will have to be supervised for a year. So why walk before you can crawl.

I am very confident in saying that when IOTA does go live and has been battle tested you foundation will be well funded for sure.

Whats with all these newbie accounts defending this guy who is apparently selling close to 2% of IOTA but who hasn't responded to any PMs or questions in this thread? Are you all related? Brothers? Friends? The same person?

You all talk the same. And you all talk like you've been on this forum for a while. But you all have 4-9 posts. What gives?
Ha5hedout

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:45:34 AM

Whats with all these newbie accounts defending this guy who is apparently selling close to 2% of IOTA but who hasn't responded to any PMs or questions in this thread? Are you all related? Brothers? Friends? The same person?

You all talk the same. And you all talk like you've been on this forum for a while. But you all have 4-9 posts. What gives?

Not here to bash, just trying to stay informed. I think this has a bright future but people need to chill the F**K out a bit.

If i decide to sell my X% and not donate do i get a personal message from the leader asking my why i didnt make the "right" choice! (Dont bother answering its rhetorical)

Stop forcing the issue, it wall happen naturally.     
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:21:16 AM

Not here to bash, just trying to stay informed. I think this has a bright future but people need to chill the F**K out a bit.

If i decide to sell my X% and not donate do i get a personal message from the leader asking my why i didnt make the "right" choice! (Dont bother answering its rhetorical)

Stop forcing the issue, it wall happen naturally.      

Stop being a little bitch and answer the question.

It's holders like you that need to support the foundation for it to happen. We know it's a choice and you do not have to donate a dime and can sell it all pre-release for 20x profit if you like.

Understand though, that your actions affect everyone in this thread. Not donating is detrimental to all of our interests. This is why we want your answer and if you don't want to donate, we will all do our best to persuade you. Unfortunately, I'm sure your mind is already made up either way.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
youyou_

Activity: 596

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:53:44 AM

why don't you let this guy do as he wants? If he finds a buyer maybe this one will donate to foundation.
lovely89

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:25:44 AM

why don't you let this guy do as he wants? If he finds a buyer maybe this one will donate to foundation.

Who is stopping him? He is a on a forum about IOTA and we are asking him a question about..... IOTA. If he can't handle a simple question then that's his personal dilemma and he should get some psychological help.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:56:19 AM

Calm down, guys.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:00:32 AM

@iotatoken

Do we have some log of the historical prices based on the p2p trades here?

I would be interested to know them for my charts.

BTW, I like a lot what WAVES team did with the launch, to end the donations, THEN enable the wallets, THEN to start the trading at exchanges (pending).

Any idea of the process in this?

Disclaimer: I own 0 IOTA, I am interested for my businesses case

iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:14:13 AM

@iotatoken

BTW, I like a lot what WAVES team did with the launch, to end the donations, THEN enable the wallets, THEN to start the trading at exchanges (pending).

Re: historical prices of p2p trades, no, that's up to those who resell, we don't track the price at all, the market decides. But if you head over to the IOTA Speculation thread you should be able to find quite a lot of info on it.

Our plan all along has been to establish/not establish IOTA Foundation prior to launch, then launch, then start trading on exchanges.

What business case?

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:17:45 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 11:56:01 AM by yassin54

@iotatoken

Re: historical prices of p2p trades, no, that's up to those who resell, we don't track the price at all, the market decides. But if you head over to the IOTA Speculation thread you should be able to find quite a lot of info on it.

Our plan all along has been to establish/not establish IOTA Foundation prior to launch, then launch, then start trading on exchanges.

What business case?

You can check old speculation thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1360660.0 Smiley
and new here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1440112.0 Wink
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:26:11 AM

Calm down, guys.

Aye. I'm going to the beach right now, would be good for everyone in here to do the same.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:37:02 AM

@iotatoken

What business case?

You can check old speculation thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1360660.0 Smiley
and new here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1397955.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1440112.0 Wink
Bitboy12345

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:52:38 AM

Can anyone tell me what the current price per IOTA is? Also... what is the market cap and total supply?

supply = 2 779 530 Giota  (Giga iota)

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for info... what are the coins trading at currently... where can I buy?

yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:56:50 AM

What business case?

and new here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1397955.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1440112.0 Wink
Sorry edited!! Wink
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:58:08 AM

Calm down, guys.

Aye. I'm going to the beach right now, would be good for everyone in here to do the same.
good swim and good tan!!  Cheesy Cool Kiss
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: