Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:26:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473129 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:02:46 PM

I hope you realize that more than half of these "derailing" and "drama" comments wouldn't exist if you would just be a little nicer to the community.  90% of the posts I see you make are you yelling at somebody.  It's frustrating.

+1440
I agree with you.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:23:21 PM

Hi here is my two cents nobody asked for  Smiley,

I'm one of those people that bought this software with the mere interest to possess them early and by so cheap. will i just sell em for profit to a iot startup? will i find partners and work out a project myself? i don't know at this point. But i was shure it would be a smart move to get me a part of the network now rather than later. And i bought after the ICO here in Speculation thread.
So right now i'm just a speculator and i'm ok with the fact that by so have no say in anything you guys do or how fast.
Now i'm no developer myself, just an enthusiast, thats why i'm also pretty shure i can't help in your testing process, and I'm hesitant out of fear of doing mistakes that would result in me losing iotas or also actually slowing down testing by needing to much help.

i would just ask you iotatoken for one thing. or give you a tip. often we get pissed of by one person and than let our frustration of at another person that didn't even cause our anger but just was asking a similar question or we just assumed it came from a similar spirit like the person that was really annoying us when it actually wasn't. if that makes sense  Cheesy , I think your at this point a bit

Also i have a question about the testing. i guess the testcrowd won't increase tenfold over night. so assuming testing goes on at current speed with current manpower, when is the goal of 1 mil transactions (correct me if i got that wrong) expected to be reached? And if you are personally also not happy with that estimate what measures can we " the community" (hate that word in this context) take to bring more competent testers to the table.

I think constantly claiming "its up to you guys , Investors fuck off" won't do the trick, i'm exaggerating a bit  Smiley, hope you get what i'm saying, i think its not clear to alot of people right now how many people would have to test how extensively for how long to reach our goal in what time. If there was some clarity about this we could start finding solutions easier and the bickering would stop or decrease at least.

much respect

hoertest
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:33:04 PM

I don't feel like reading all the other pages full of nonsense, can anyone do a short summary of IOTA's status?
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:36:37 PM

I don't feel like reading all the other pages full of nonsense, can anyone do a short summary of IOTA's status?

testing went fine so far with 0.93 and now everyone is waiting for 0.94

in terms of GUI not much news, so far we are using the minimal GUI from cfb
Azeh

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:22:06 PM

testing went fine so far with 0.93 and now everyone is waiting for 0.94

in terms of GUI not much news, so far we are using the minimal GUI from cfb

What is the state of the GUI?  Has it been scrapped? 

To be fair to a lot of people in the community are not technically inclined enough to feel confident testing.  My understanding was while the GUI was not promised at the beginning it was asked for by the community with the purpose to help the less technically inclined participate in testing. 
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:39:41 PM

Just to address this for the infinith time:

As the leader of the project I accept wholeheartedly that any frustration will be directed at me, that is inevitable and fair. If the criticism is based on reality or the questions are legit, I will answer respectfully. However, when you are seeing me tell someone to 'fuck off' or 'shut up' it is unequivocally due to that person either being a confirmed troll, a speculator concerned about speculator issues, or someone who is asking the same question for the 10th time that has been responded to him. I will never change when it comes to being brutally honest, it's just who I am and will always be. I never run into drama with legit honest people, or in business negotiations or in assisting someone who just genuinely don't know what to do, but I don't care about dishonest people. When someone claims that we are blackmailing (yes they used this exact word) when we tell them that they should test the software they bought to help push launch faster instead of complaining about something they can actively do something about, I will obviously tell them to stop wasting my time. But even in those instances I take the time to write a relatively long post explaining everything, which I have done at least 10 times.

GUI

I presume everyone knows the basic story of GUI by now, we hired 3 professionals with incredible portfolios; 1 disappeared before we even got to working, 1 team (creativedash) lost their developer in the middle of the job, then refused to honor the full agreement and acted the most unprofessional I have ever seen, 1 dev who had worked for several major companies like Motorola, Four Seasons hotels etc. literally had am mental breakdown and threatened us with all sorts of insane shit if we didn't just let him take the money "because my life is hard" after lying chronically for weeks about working, when in reality he wasn't. I had to threaten him with legal action to get him to refund the money. Then we started using Wesley, our previous collaborator from Nxt, what we did not know was that due to personal issues in his life, he was way, way slower than we had ever anticipated and he went weeks above his own estimate. BUT it's still being worked on and will be done at 0.9.4 launch. By now we also got iOS and Android client due to our great community member Adrian. So re: GUI, no problems

New website

We have hired a really great team (finally a reliable one) that is making a brand new website for us which will visually show the IOTA ecosystem in the Internet-of-Things and give a "woah" factor for everyone new to the project. It will be launched right before launch of IOTA.

State of IOTA

IOTA development is going swimmingly, we had to do a fuckton of analysis which required a lot of computational power. The community came together and lent their idle cores (this is actually what IOTA was made for, distributed shared computing, so poetically beautiful) and we used AWS for the rest. This process is soon done, and once it is 0.9.4 will be done.
Also please do not forget that IOTA has been in testing and optimization since January, what we have now is several fold better than what we had in January, there has been no break in progress whatsoever. Not only that, but we also have another great community member - Tomer Krisi - who is developing the C# client so that we'll have both Java and C# around launch. Next up is C and Rust.

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:42:45 PM

Thanks for the update, please let us know when testing commences.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:10:03 PM

Good Updated for everybody!!  Cool
Thanks for your hard work my friend!!  Smiley
marcus1986

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:30:59 PM

Thank you for the update!
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:07:23 PM

Just to address this for the infinith time:

As the leader of the project I accept wholeheartedly that any frustration will be directed at me, that is inevitable and fair. If the criticism is based on reality or the questions are legit, I will answer respectfully. However, when you are seeing me tell someone to 'fuck off' or 'shut up' it is unequivocally due to that person either being a confirmed troll, a speculator concerned about speculator issues, or someone who is asking the same question for the 10th time that has been responded to him. I will never change when it comes to being brutally honest, it's just who I am and will always be. I never run into drama with legit honest people, or in business negotiations or in assisting someone who just genuinely don't know what to do, but I don't care about dishonest people. When someone claims that we are blackmailing (yes they used this exact word) when we tell them that they should test the software they bought to help push launch faster instead of complaining about something they can actively do something about, I will obviously tell them to stop wasting my time. But even in those instances I take the time to write a relatively long post explaining everything, which I have done at least 10 times.

GUI

I presume everyone knows the basic story of GUI by now, we hired 3 professionals with incredible portfolios; 1 disappeared before we even got to working, 1 team (creativedash) lost their developer in the middle of the job, then refused to honor the full agreement and acted the most unprofessional I have ever seen, 1 dev who had worked for several major companies like Motorola, Four Seasons hotels etc. literally had am mental breakdown and threatened us with all sorts of insane shit if we didn't just let him take the money "because my life is hard" after lying chronically for weeks about working, when in reality he wasn't. I had to threaten him with legal action to get him to refund the money. Then we started using Wesley, our previous collaborator from Nxt, what we did not know was that due to personal issues in his life, he was way, way slower than we had ever anticipated and he went weeks above his own estimate. BUT it's still being worked on and will be done at 0.9.4 launch. By now we also got iOS and Android client due to our great community member Adrian. So re: GUI, no problems

New website

We have hired a really great team (finally a reliable one) that is making a brand new website for us which will visually show the IOTA ecosystem in the Internet-of-Things and give a "woah" factor for everyone new to the project. It will be launched right before launch of IOTA.

State of IOTA

IOTA development is going swimmingly, we had to do a fuckton of analysis which required a lot of computational power. The community came together and lent their idle cores (this is actually what IOTA was made for, distributed shared computing, so poetically beautiful) and we used AWS for the rest. This process is soon done, and once it is 0.9.4 will be done.
Also please do not forget that IOTA has been in testing and optimization since January, what we have now is several fold better than what we had in January, there has been no break in progress whatsoever. Not only that, but we also have another great community member - Tomer Krisi - who is developing the C# client so that we'll have both Java and C# around launch. Next up is C and Rust.

Thanks for the update.
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:42:52 PM

Thanks for the update David!  Smiley
vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:03:02 PM

Thanks for update, good job!  Cool
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 08:16:02 PM

Perfect, looking forward to test 0.9.4 !
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:20:09 PM

Oh I remember Wesley from Nxt. I didn't know he was slow but at least he has the skills for the job and will not leave us like the others.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:21:03 PM

Thanks for the update David! 

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:53:59 PM

Thanks for the update! You are doing great work!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:57:08 PM

Communication has been terrible because there is nothing to report. Development has completely stalled at this point. Look at the chat room, nothing for days, people are talking about other projects to pass the time. But of course it's the community's fault for not doing enough to test or whatever.

Confirmed troll.

could be an unhappy stakeholder, nothing is confirmed bro

Very much confirmed, when someone says that you are BLACKMAILING them for asking them to test the software, they are unequivocally trolling. And we don't really have stakeholders, we got customers who purchased software, if they have no intention of testing the software they have no reason to complain either. End of story.

yeah, I can see your point, but people still don't always get how things work in decentralised projects now, that's why DAO is the next big thing, as it helps people understand the big change in organisational structure. If I buy an apartment off plan I don't expect to be told to prevent delays I need to paint the walls myself (that might be blackmail), but with IOTA it makes sense for people to get involved rather than criticize from the sidelines. But it cuts both ways too, so if you expect the community to behave differently so do the 'leadership'. You can't just call criticism trolling imo

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:59:54 PM

Communication has been terrible because there is nothing to report. Development has completely stalled at this point. Look at the chat room, nothing for days, people are talking about other projects to pass the time. But of course it's the community's fault for not doing enough to test or whatever.
Confirmed troll.

could be an unhappy stakeholder, nothing is confirmed bro

I'll be daaamned...   a sockpuppet comes out in support of another sockpuppet...   makes you wonder if it's the same HYPOCRITE...   not to mention how it just so happens that both of them have desperately tried to give me a hard time in the past...     ROFLMAO!   Grin

Absolutely NO DOUBT they have been pumping Iota and/or brown-nosing the devs through their regular bitcointalk handles...   Roll Eyes

your involvement with IOTA is very worrying, are you going to negatively trust rate all the customers/investors/stakeholders if you have a tiff with CfB or iotatoken?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:17:38 AM

Thanks for the Update!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:07:37 AM

Oh I remember Wesley from Nxt. I didn't know he was slow but at least he has the skills for the job and will not leave us like the others.

He was very fast. He created the first UI of Nxt, very great stuff and good guy.
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: