Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:22:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473129 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 03:14:32 PM

What's wrong, David?   Undecided

Nothing is wrong, it's not my responsibility to turn idiots into semi-functioning individuals. I will not even waste time responding to the idiots Jabbawa and Zanzibar, collectively their IQ barely reach 2 digits. Buying software you are too inept to even use and then complain about how you are unable to 'liquidate assets' is so painfully stupid that we better all beg that our universe is not a simulation, otherwise I suspect the ones running the simulation is contemplating shutting it down right about now.

Are you sure nothing is wrong?  You seem to lose your cool when people point out that it is also stupid for you to only spend time repeating the same things - ad infinitum and ad nauseam - instead of spending the time to provide answers.  Why is that?

Not at all, the complaints had nothing to do with reality, which I responded to in a factual manner, but when idiots persist with their nonsense you can only go so far before you have to point out that their mother should be ashamed for not taking contraceptives. I will let you guys play in the cesspool of BTT while I go focus on things that actually matter.

Jabbawa

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:25:31 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 10:21:01 AM by Jabbawa

FYI David (I assume at this point it really is his account) has been in contact with me.

This is the conversation and I would like the community's opinion on his attempt to 'steal' my money with a forced refund!?!?!

David
I truly don't have time for this nonstop complaints from people whom benefit nonstop from my work. What is the issue, you are unable to claim through the automatic process and therefore you feel that you are in the right to slander and complain about our work?

I will resolve this right now: What is your seed?

James/Me
As I said, I have never benefited from your work, nor have I complained non-stop. Much of the stuff I did was constructive. I have spent an enormous amount of time and energy following the project until now and I contributed to the foundation and the deal (>20%/450Gi of my measly 1btc buy at ICO). I don't appreciate being spoken to like some kind of scumbag. If you don't know who you're talking to then the assumptions you make about them put you at disadvantage, not them.

The only issue is the talk of light wallets not mattering, a streamlined claiming process not being a priority and yet exchanges being touted as due for launch before the end of the year.

My point is that you cannot launch on exchanges until those of us who have been unable to claim have reasonably simple access to our coins. As I said, until we have easy access we do have a right to make certain demands of you (like us having access prior to exchange launch). Once that is sorted and I can move my coins or sell them easily then I agree that you can do whatever you want and it's none of my business.

I'm not making a complaint, I'm asking for a very reasonable course of action... light-wallet or simplified GUI with easier claim process before any exchanges hit.

David
I could spend another 30 min responding to each of these points, but it is a waste of time, I got infinite other tasks lined up. I have told you I will resolve this issue right now, so what is your seed?

James
How will you resolve it right now by me giving you my seed/s?

Why on earth would I just part with ownership of my IOTAs direct to you on here with no escrow? I'm scratching my head wondering whether this is a scam attempt from a fake account?

If I ever give my seed to someone it will be Yassin and I will have contacted him and been assured btc are waiting for me on the other end.

I'm a big fan of 'trustless', that's why I'm involved in this space. Nothing could make me part with my seed other than triple-checked escrow.

David

You, as an incompetent idiot who bought tokens you couldn't even retrieve through a simple claim process have whined nonstop about this, then I offer to claim them for you and resolve the issue and you can't even comprehend that? You are nearing the top of the list of retards I have had to deal with throughout IOTA. We sold IoT software, not 'liquid assets', if you can't even utilize the software you should just shut the fuck up and sit back and accept that you are useless and wait.

James

Lol, no, you are a naive and childish little man who can't comprehend the simple reality in which the rest of us live. I have kids  and a very busy life; I have tried twice to claim but both times I had issues and I have already had to jump through a number of hoops 'claiming'. Since the vast majority have not claimed it is perfectly obvious to anyone that my points stand. You must release a light wallet before exchanges, otherwise you give the majority of us cause for complaint.

Since it sounds like this is actually the plan it seems like it would have been simpler for you to just reiterate that, rather than coming out with your usual pathetic and childish attacks.

You did not sell me IOTA, you sold me a share of it the value asset being traded on it. I do not own 'IOTA', I own some 'IOTAs', so that is what you sold me... you fucking simpleton! (since we're resorting to personal attacks?!)

Honestly, you need to grow up A LOT. Talking to you is worse than talking to an angry teenager. You're certainly top of the list of the most immature and naive developers I've dealt with. Fortunately I've spent my life surrounded by very bright people, so it's easy for me to see the difference between smart and wise Roll Eyes You will come a cropper, pride does indeed come before a fall and I have seen many arrogant kids like you come and go in my time. FWIW I'm not a total retard, just a reasonably bright, normal, older person with some peculiar issues running a node.

And I did understand what you were suggesting, my point was that I found it very suspicious and I do not trust that you are David, or that you can be trusted even if you are. I would not part with my seed except for escrow btc deal. Not even so you can 'do it for me'... i find it bizarre that you think I should be willing to give you control of my asset while you insult and rail against the very obvious and common sense things I have been saying. You do not foster trust by combining insults with demands. Nor do I have a level of technical savvy that would give me confidence in identifying that you are who you say you are in BCT PM.

Honestly, I have nothing more to say to you. You aren't mature enough to listen, all you do is defend and attack.

/sigh and shakes head at the angry little boy who makes judgements long before the facts are in

David
I won't even read this, you have made it clear that you are not happy with your purchase from our legally registered company. As CEO of said company I have made the decision to resolve this issue by refunding your iotas and send you your original btc in return. What is your BTC address? Thanks.

James

Roll Eyes

I'll give them to someone OTC for a bit more than that thanks.

Although after a year of following the project it will feel like a sour pill and a lot of wasted time...

David
James, you have expressed your dissatisfaction with the purchase in a very explicit and public manner, which professionally will be resolved by a refund. I have answered your concerns, I have offered to help you and yet you continue, so now I draw the line here. You have been informed that your purchase will be refunded by the one who sold you the software from a legally registered company, if you OTC an account that will be excluded in next snapshot you may face legal action from whomever you sell it to MY FULL NAME. (as if that were a threat lol).

It's interesting, I remember we had a conversation several months back where you expressed full support and praised mine and the rest of IOTA team's work, interesting how your opinion changed just because you didn't get your way. But a refund will resolve this legally.

James

No it won't because I'd have to accept a refund and I still control my own seed. I do not accept a refund. I have publicly asked for something very simple, light wallet before exchanges, and I will sell my seed or coins as I see fit or there will be legal recourse.

It is not for you to decide who is dissatisfied or why, only the customer can make that call and you are a legally registered company, so liability is an easy thing to pursue if you try to seize control of something that by your own declaration belongs to me (since you sold the software then wash your hands of it).

I certainly was in full support. I was in full support right up until you told a few other people to fuck off for no good reason, then you did it to me when I was asking that the light wallet remain a priority before exchanges and trying to make people see that it was important for numerous reasons.

I'm done with these conversations. I will not be accepting any refund, I will maintain control of my seed and sell my coins at my own discretion tyvm. It would be a trivial matter for me to pursue legally and you would be paying costs for any legal expenses I encounter if you try to block any txs from me on the network.

David

Take it up with Norwegian law, it is 100% legal and compliant to refund a customer, particularly when that customer publicly expresses dissatisfaction repeatedly and also show a clear misunderstanding of what they purchased in a public fora such as this.

I was willing to help you several times, but this last msg of yours make it obvious what kind of person you are.

Please forward your legal contact information so that our attorney can take it from here if you want to pursue this further. Thanks

-David

So, my question to the community is how on earth can David know which addresses are linked to me even if he knows my real name from slack etc?

Secondly, is no one else incensed at this response? Does it not seem ridiculous to everyone?

Obviously I would contest it legally and I don;t see how I could fail to win.

I have not expressed any public dissatisfaction, a quick re-read of my posts reveals that, nor do I misunderstand in any way what I bought.

Do I actually need to bother contacting my lawyer or is there no way for David to know which investment was mine at crowdsale and trace that through to today's addresses?

iotatoken

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:28:36 PM

I have indeed told Jabbawa that given his very public and explicit dissatisfaction with the legal software purchase, which he has also expressed that he does not understand, that as a legal company sale it will be refunded.

As documented in those PMs he just posted he was was offered numerous chances to resolve his concerns swiftly, but he continued to express his dissatisfaction.

Given that he afterwards expressed intent to sell his seed OTC to get away from this everyone should avoid buying it.

Jabbawa

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:35:34 PM

I have indeed told Jabbawa that given his very public and explicit dissatisfaction with the legal software purchase, which he has also expressed that he does not understand, that as a legal company sale it will be refunded.

As documented in those PMs he just posted he was was offered numerous chances to resolve his concerns swiftly, but he continued to express his dissatisfaction.

Given that he afterwards expressed intent to sell his seed OTC to get away from this everyone should avoid buying it.

Please quote my public dissatisfaction with what I purchased (a request for one action before another does not constiture a complaint) and please tell me how my suspicion about being asked for my seed was unwarranted given the amount of scamming that has been reported so far in IOTA? As I said, I am not savvy enough to verify via PM in BCT. Also please demonstrate that I don't know what I bought?
iotatoken

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:39:48 PM

Please make the light wallet and a simplified claim process more of a priority. We bought what we thought were liquid assets over a year ago, it is getting very frustrating waiting and it is hard to maintain enthusiasm while things feel stale.

*Bolded

I offered to help you numerous times, yet instead you wanted to continue whining.

To me this is now a legal matter, so just forward your legal information and it will be resolved. Thanks, now I got other work to do, I consider this issue resolved.

Jabbawa

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:51:03 PM

Please make the light wallet and a simplified claim process more of a priority. We bought what we thought were liquid assets over a year ago, it is getting very frustrating waiting and it is hard to maintain enthusiasm while things feel stale.

*Bolded

I offered to help you numerous times, yet instead you wanted to continue whining.

To me this is now a legal matter, so just forward your legal information and it will be resolved. Thanks, now I got other work to do, I consider this issue resolved.

I didn't continue whining, I responded to your insults. I didn't trust that you really were David, or that if you were your insults and aggression also made me wary about trusting you, justified since now you seem to be trying to steal what I bought... a share of the value that would be transferred on the IOTA network.

I would love to see that slightly poorly constructed sentence stand up in court as a reason for you to steal something that now belongs to me. That is not a complaint and the initial promise was of them being available to access and trade otc much sooner (by last xmas if I recall), so there was the promise of liquidity - although not immediately liquid. I was well aware of what I was buying and I have expressed no public dissatisfaction with what I bought. I have not moaned, I have supported the project and donated 20% of my tokens to it, I edited text on a couple of pages of the support website. I fully understand what I bought in to and I don't deserve to be harassed or attacked.

I wonder how the community of a decentralised platform feel about the thought that if they speak out against you they might have their txs blocked and their IOTAs stolen too?!

First they did not speak out because they were not Jews, then they did not speak out because...

Surely others should be jumping to my defence here? Do you want your IOTA stolen because you suggested quite politely that a light wallet must still come before exchanges, despite talk of it not being a priority!?! And that a light wallet was in fact important for other reasons too.

I mean jesus, just go back and read my actual posts... how have those prompted a threat to steal from me? The insults in PM were just giving like for like and always in response, never instigated!

iotatoken

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:56:33 PM

*Bolded

I would love to see that slightly poorly constructed sentence stand up in court as a reason for you to steal something that now belongs to me. That is not a complaint and the initial promise was of them being available to access and trade much sooner (by xmas if I recall), so there was the promise of liquidity - although not immediately liquid. I was well aware of what I was buying and I have expressed no public dissatisfaction with what I bought. I have not moaned, I have supported the project and donated 20% of my tokens to it, I edited text on a couple of pages of the support website. I fully understand what I bought in to and I don't deserve to be harassed or attacked.

Could you please stop wasting the time of the IOTA project? I already instructed you to forward your legal info over 30 minutes ago. I don't see why you want to waste more time and whine, it achieves absolutely nothing.

I wonder how the community of a decentralised platform feel about the thought that if they speak out against you they might have their txs blocked and their IOTAs stolen too?!

The platform is decentralized, yes, but you haven't claimed your iotas, nor has IOTA officially launched last snapshot yet, so this is a moot point. You bought software from a legally registered company, you complained ad nauseam and talked about how you had purchased 'liquid assets', even though the sales agreement SPECIFY that you did not buy assets or shares of any kind.

First they did not speak out because they were not Jews, then they did not speak out because...

Surely others should be jumping to my defence here?

What the actual fuck are you even remotely trying to get at here? You are trying to play the victim card by comparing yourself to Holocaust victims, because you fucked up, which is objectively verified by everyone that can read your posts and the PMs you posted? Stay classy.

I got no further comments here, unlike you I actually got work to do for IOTA, you have been given the next instructions.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:12:31 PM

Wow, just wow Smiley CEO is talking Smiley I have some questions:

1. David, you always say that we bought software from the legal company, not the coins/tokens. Can I get an invoice for purchase? According to EU law, you have to issue an invoice, if buyer need it. Thank you.

2.David, another thing I always hear, that software we bought is for machines, not for humans. I want to install it into my refrigerator. Could you point me to the instructions or other software documentation about how my refrigerator could come to mutual agreement with other 5 or 7 refrigerators in order exchange their ip? My refrigerator wants to order milk and pay for it. Thank you.

P.S. I also donated some IOTA to foundation and participated in software testing.
coldmoldy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:16:14 PM

I will match donations up to 300 Gi for a community manager on the condition that the community manager communicates directly with the Foundation and provides updates and communication with the community in place of David.

This will allow David to focus on work 100% as well.
iotatoken

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:18:13 PM

1. David, you always say that we bought software from the legal company, not the coins/tokens. Can I get an invoice for purchase? According to EU law, you have to issue an invoice, if buyer need it. Thank you.

Of course, absolutely no problem. Forward me your info in PM and I will get you an invoice.

2.David, another thing I always hear, that software we bought is for machines, not for humans. I want to install it into my refrigerator. Could you point me to the instructions or other software documentation about how my refrigerator could come to mutual agreement with other 5 or 7 refrigerators in order exchange their ip? My refrigerator wants to order milk and pay for it. Thank you.

Again, of course. Have you read the documentation or kept up with the discussions on this? It would also resolve the question you/others may have on why we had to terminate automated peer-discovery.

P.S. I also donated some IOTA to foundation and participated in software testing.

Good, then you are a productive community member.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:28:52 PM

Of course, absolutely no problem. Forward me your info in PM and I will get you an invoice.

Again, of course. Have you read the documentation or kept up with the discussions on this? It would also resolve the question you/others may have on why we had to terminate automated peer-discovery.

Good, then you are a productive community member.

1. Details sent, check PM.
2. This is not what I was asking about. I know that you terminated automated peer-discovery. Question was about the documentation or instructions for how things in internet will come to mutual agreement to exchange their ip?
iotatoken

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:37:39 PM

Are we witnessing an imaginary power trip on behalf of Iota's CEO or incompetence?   Undecided

Powertrip?

Did I not answer his question? Did I not offer to assist him numerous times? This latter point can be corroborated by another independent party from the IOTA community. Did I not offer to refund someone who was expressing explicit dissatisfaction with his purchase who also clearly did not read the agreements of sale, which I just proved by quoting himself.

The professional and reasonable recourse is indeed to refund a slanderous customer who doesn't even understand what he purchased.

Jabbawa

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:44:00 PM

Are we witnessing an imaginary power trip on behalf of Iota's CEO or incompetence?   Undecided

Powertrip?

Did I not answer his question? Did I not offer to assist him numerous times? This latter point can be corroborated by another independent party from the IOTA community. Did I not offer to refund someone who was expressing explicit dissatisfaction with his purchase who also clearly did not read the agreements of sale, which I just proved by quoting himself.

The professional and reasonable recourse is indeed to refund a slanderous customer who doesn't even understand what he purchased.

No, you did not answer my question and reassure me the light wallet would come first, you told me to FUCK OFF immediately.

No you did not offer help, you called me a moron and demanded my seed, which I was understandably reticent to part with.

The offers of btc donations are already rolling in, but I'm guess any number of decent lawyers would take it on 'no win no fee'.

Maybe you will just make me richer David by forcing me to hold longer than I would have. Instead of 10btc otc now maybe I'll get many more later Wink. I don't think there's any way I could lose a case like this, but if I do find you are able to block my txs I will certainly contact a lawyer and several crypto press outlets immediately. You can't imagine I would allow you to steal from me can you?

I'm sure this situation will do you no end of favours. I suggest people go back and re read my posts and judge for themselves if this reaction is warranted!
iotatoken

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:45:20 PM

Are we witnessing an imaginary power trip on behalf of Iota's CEO or incompetence?   Undecided

Powertrip?

No, you did not answer my question and reassure me the light wallet would come first, you told me to FUCK OFF immediately.

No you did not offer help, you called me a moron and demanded my seed, which I was understandably reticent to part with.

The offers of btc donations are already rolling in, but I'm guess any number of decent lawyers would take it on 'no win no fee'.

Maybe you will just make me richer David by forcing me to hold longer than I would have. I don't think there's any way I could lose a case like this, but if I do find you are able to block my txs I will certainly contact a lawyer and several crypto press outlets immediately. You can't imagine I would allow you to steal from me can you?

I'm sure this situation will do you no end of favours. I suggest people go back and re read my posts and judge for themselves if this reaction is warranted!

Still waiting for that legal info. Thanks

iotatoken

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:45:38 PM

Powertrip?

Not power trip.  I said imaginary power trip.  How in the world can you NOT tell that it has already backfired?  Let it go (before it's too late).  It's over.

Ah haha you're smaragda, I didn't even notice your name. Sorry for taking you seriously.

Jabbawa

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:53:38 PM

Powertrip?

Maybe you will just make me richer David by forcing me to hold longer than I would have. I don't think there's any way I could lose a case like this, but if I do find you are able to block my txs I will certainly contact a lawyer and several crypto press outlets immediately. You can't imagine I would allow you to steal from me can you?

I don't keep an expert in Norwegian contract law on retainer lol. I'd have to ring around to find someone appropriate - like any normal person.

I'm sure if I ask some old friends (post launch when I can see that my txs/claim is blocked) I can find someone to take it 'no-win no fee'. I don't see any point in doing anything before then since I invested with btc and don't have a static IP... I've also not used slack for months or shared my IP. I'm not sure how you could possibly know which addresses belong to me tbh. Perhaps you can, but then if you block my txs I will just be able to claim the BTC value of the peak of whatever bubble comes so I really don't see how I can lose. There is no need for me to contact any lawyers until I see you have blocked my txs as far as I can see.
iotatoken

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:56:31 PM

Powertrip?

I don't keep an expert in Norwegian contract law on retainer lol. I'd have to ring around to find someone appropriate - like any normal person.

I'm sure if I ask some old friends (post launch when I can see that my txs/claim is blocked) I can find someone to take it 'no-win no fee'. I don't see any point in doing anything before then since I invested with btc and don't have a static IP... I've also not used slack for months or shared my IP. I'm not sure how you could possibly know which addresses belong to me tbh. Perhaps you can, but then if you block my txs I will just be able to claim the BTC value of the peak of whatever bubble comes so I really don't see how I can lose. There is no need for me to contact any lawyers until I see you have blocked my txs as far as I can see.

James, you seem to have forgot that we had quite a few chats prior. If you choose to sell refunded software OTC then that is between you and whomever poor customer you sell it to, that's your legal obligation. You have been informed thoroughly of this before such an event, so legally that is 100% on you.

John_Paul

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 05:57:07 PM

This thread has become a negative asset for IOTA. The devs should not assume the psychiatrist work. It is probably the time to close this official thread. If people want to get the official update they have to go to the slack or Reddit. In the mean time, everyone else can open his/her own thread about IOTA here.

By the way, I don't see projects like Ehtereum one Augur are maintaining official threads on this forum. How many top10 projects are still actively maintaining official threads on this forum?
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:02:02 PM

This thread has become a negative asset for IOTA. The devs should not assume the psychiatrist work. It is probably the time to close this official thread. If people want to get the official update they have to go to the slack or Reddit. In the mean time, everyone else can open his/her own thread about IOTA here.

By the way, I don't see projects like Ehtereum one Augur are maintaining official threads on this forum. How many top10 projects are still actively maintaining official threads on this forum?

I was thinking exactly about this.
May be it's a good time to close official thread and stop posting here iotatoken/cfb

The "offended" guys (sitting on 30x ROI by the way) may create their own thread to discuss how hard life is.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:06:37 PM

I've tried to claim a few times and not succeeded yet...

Tell me what service.iotatoken.com tells you, via PM, I can send the claiming message for you.

Hm, I wonder why I got no response to my offer.
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: