Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:16:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark marketplaces?  (Read 102164 times)
dupeddonk

Activity: 189
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:43:53 PM

https://www.thecthulhu.com/setting-up-a-hidden-service-with-nginx/

Here is a very simple set up. If you don't plan on doing anything illegal right now then you could practice in a virtual machine.
Is it illegal just to have a onion site running in the first place? That would be a cool thing to try but I am scared to dabble in that stuff.

It's not illegal no, but why doing so?

The only use of Tor and the darknet in general is anonymity. If you don't sell anything illegal, why would you need such privacy? Moreover, the vast majority of people don't use Tor, so creating a legal commercial onion website... Well I don't see the point!

There are some pretty ridiculous laws enforced around the world.  One could easily set up legal business to help others do illegal things from another jurisdiction.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 01:00:25 PM

There are some pretty ridiculous laws enforced around the world.  One could easily set up legal business to help others do illegal things from another jurisdiction.

True, but most of the time they would be accused of complicity, hard to help somebody do something illegal without being accused of that. Especially if you do it on the Darkweb, which is by itself a confession of malicious intent.
I may be wrong, but I think that anyone doing anything on the Darknet is considered guilty until proven innocent. Not saying it's normal or a good thing, but I think it's this way.

dupeddonk

Activity: 189
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 01:59:00 PM

True, but most of the time they would be accused of complicity, hard to help somebody do something illegal without being accused of that. Especially if you do it on the Darkweb, which is by itself a confession of malicious intent.
I may be wrong, but I think that anyone doing anything on the Darknet is considered guilty until proven innocent. Not saying it's normal or a good thing, but I think it's this way.

I think most would agree with you, but there is a lot of good that comes from the dark net.

Human rights activists use it to blog and communicate with journalists or blog for themselves safely informing the rest of the world what's happening behind the curtain.

It allows uncensored information to reach people living where their government has a national firewall.

Allows for whistleblowers to call out their business or country for unethical actions while remaining truly anonymous (safe)
flagpara

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:07:56 PM

I think most would agree with you, but there is a lot of good that comes from the dark net.

Human rights activists use it to blog and communicate with journalists or blog for themselves safely informing the rest of the world what's happening behind the curtain.

It allows uncensored information to reach people living where their government has a national firewall.

Allows for whistleblowers to call out their business or country for unethical actions while remaining truly anonymous (safe)

Perfectly true. I'm against any kind of censorship and when you see what our pitiful governments and industries let us watch on television, I'm more than grateful that people still provide true information on the web.

The darkweb is full of illegal stuff, but you got to reconsider the notion of legal. In my country (I'm French) the state of emergency was declared and it is now legal to arrest anyone under suspicion of terrorism even without any proof.

Viva la democratie...

Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:42:20 PM

I am so anally retarded that I don't even know what Tor is.  I've heard of it but would not know what the fuck I'm doing.  Don't even want to know what goes on in the dark markets but the way people here describe it, it's like Dante's 7 rings of hell all wrapped up into one.does that sound about right?

Lol Tor is a great browser to become and stay anonymous while browsing sites. In a way it is like you have a VPN 24/7 connected. The best thing about tor though, is that it is free and also works like firefox (my favourite browser).

Its estimated that >50% of Tor nodes are run and operated by..... The (edit) CIA Alone. Yes everyone using Tor acts as a relay. But the US Govt has pretty deep pockets. Launching a few hundred thousand or even say a million micro relays in data centers around the world is pretty simple for an agency with that budget. That figure doesnt account for other agencies and governments doing just the same.

Of course they only have so much man power, so big fish become the targets. But still, something to consider.

Strato
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:09:08 PM

Yes, i don't think TOR is safe these days. Allthough I use for personal reasons. Everyone has the right to browse the web anonymous.

No, I don't do any illegal stuff, but it is my right to do this.

Towards the dark market I have to say, don't go there.. I heard it is like meeting the people who will go to hell...
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 10:29:13 PM

Here you go OP, something you should read:
https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/04/15/so-you-want-to-be-a-darknet-drug-lord/

Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:23:29 PM

Why are people always interested in the illegal things?
Dark markets are not there for selling DVD's or clothing. It is for illegal stuff, which why it is dark in the first place.

So safe yourself time/money/jail time and avoid it.

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 10:04:04 PM

Dark markets are not there for selling DVD's or clothing. It is for illegal stuff, which why it is dark in the first place.

Do you agree that the government should be able to tell you what you can and cannot put in your own body?
Darknet markets first came about so we can have some freedom is this so call free world.

Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:41:50 PM

Do you agree that the government should be able to tell you what you can and cannot put in your own body?
Darknet markets first came about so we can have some freedom is this so call free world.

Yes, we the people have a right to freedom, but those dark markets has nothing to do with freedom. Buying drugs, guns etc. has nothing to do with freedom, but only with profiting by illegal trade.
adicted

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:24:35 PM

Personally I am lurking and browsing the darknet but I never done anything unlawful there. I also look for darknet marketplaces but not for buying nor selling illegal stuffs , but for educational & research purposes and also coz of curiousity. Its not bad being curious whats on the the dark net, just dont get involved with it.
EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:57:30 PM

I am so anally retarded that I don't even know what Tor is.  I've heard of it but would not know what the fuck I'm doing.  Don't even want to know what goes on in the dark markets but the way people here describe it, it's like Dante's 7 rings of hell all wrapped up into one.does that sound about right?

Lol Tor is a great browser to become and stay anonymous while browsing sites. In a way it is like you have a VPN 24/7 connected. The best thing about tor though, is that it is free and also works like firefox (my favourite browser).

Its estimated that >50% of Tor nodes are run and operated by..... The (edit) CIA Alone. Yes everyone using Tor acts as a relay. But the US Govt has pretty deep pockets. Launching a few hundred thousand or even say a million micro relays in data centers around the world is pretty simple for an agency with that budget. That figure doesnt account for other agencies and governments doing just the same.

Of course they only have so much man power, so big fish become the targets. But still, something to consider.

Strato
Hi Strato! Answer on my PM please!

bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:03:08 PM

Yes, we the people have a right to freedom, but those dark markets has nothing to do with freedom. Buying drugs, guns etc. has nothing to do with freedom, but only with profiting by illegal trade.

Exactly.

Those marketplaces are the home of criminals and thieves, normal people have no business being there. Apart from bitcoin (which scared a lot of people when it was found out, bitcoin was the main currency there), the market places in general are the home of policemen too.
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:13:01 AM

Exactly.

Those marketplaces are the home of criminals and thieves, normal people have no business being there. Apart from bitcoin (which scared a lot of people when it was found out, bitcoin was the main currency there), the market places in general are the home of policemen too.

I know a lot of "normal people" who like to smoke some weed.  Is it right that the local laws make a criminal out of people for wanting to smoke a natural plant that they are not allowed to grow at home anymore. 
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:51:48 PM

Exactly.

I know a lot of "normal people" who like to smoke some weed.  Is it right that the local laws make a criminal out of people for wanting to smoke a natural plant that they are not allowed to grow at home anymore. 

There are far less darker places where you can buy that. The dark part applies on drugs, heavy narcotis etc.
How can you defend that?
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:12:42 AM

Exactly.

There are far less darker places where you can buy that. The dark part applies on drugs, heavy narcotis etc.
How can you defend that?

In a free society I will defend anyones right to put whatever they want into "their" body so long as it isnt hurting anybody else. 
VPScreator

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 09:48:30 PM

well i dont think anyone will mention any illegal ones here

strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:54:57 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_harmfulness#/media/File:2011_Drug_Harms_Rankings.png

As long as they're not injecting meth, heroin or drinking alcohol I reckon drugs are ok. lol.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 05:03:51 AM

Hello Dear,

I have a question and i hope someone can help me out. I see on the Tor network a lot of dark marketplaces where you can pay with bitcoin. My question, how do they make those markets? Is there any tutorial we can find?

There is nothing special to it.  They are actually some of the easiest scripts to install.  The only difference is that the server is also running TOR and is configured to allow for anonymous connections from TOR and TOR is configured to hand back the same hashed URL each time. 

Bear in mind that anyone could make this happen within an hour or less.  BUT.....that does not mean you will not get caught.  Anyone can learn to stand on a street corner and sell drugs within an hour.  But it takes more than that to not get caught.  Your server will have your billing information all over it, the original URL you registered may have your info all over the registration.  You will most likely use a home computer to admin the site.

Imagine buying someone illegal and then taking it to someone else.  You have the cover your ass from beginning to end and will still likely get caught.  Somewhere, at some point your name, location or some other small piece of information will be attached to you and your site that will lead them right back to you.  Take this thread for example, you have posted in public, on an account that is tied to you a desire to do this.  If you were to slip here and point someone in the direction of your new site, BAM....line of site and a line of breadcrumbs that goes right to your front door.
Oscoda

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 04:11:22 PM

People like things that are forbidden, which is the reason dark market places are popular even by people who are not into illegal things.
But i agree with the sentiment of other people, we normal people, have nothing to do there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: