Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:50:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2020, 11:58:26 PM

So, what is the best way of deciding the future path of the project? 

That's the big question, as a community we could come up with ideas on a use case for MOIN moving forward. We as a community can put together some ideas on a use case, I know we have already talked about messaging which I think is a good idea but I'm sure there are more ideas out there that people think will be good for MOIN.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rumbles

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:20:19 PM

That's the big question, as a community we could come up with ideas on a use case for MOIN moving forward. We as a community can put together some ideas on a use case, I know we have already talked about messaging which I think is a good idea but I'm sure there are more ideas out there that people think will be good for MOIN.

We definitely need to form a consensus as a community prior to making any major decisions. I would encourage any active MOIN community members to post your ideas. Sometimes sound-boarding ideas off of other people yields the best results. As I have mentioned, encrypted chat or email in a mobile wallet would be my preference. It would be great to hear everyone elses.
vella85

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 11:18:11 PM

We definitely need to form a consensus as a community prior to making any major decisions. I would encourage any active MOIN community members to post your ideas. Sometimes sound-boarding ideas off of other people yields the best results. As I have mentioned, encrypted chat or email in a mobile wallet would be my preference. It would be great to hear everyone elses.

I had an idea of in wallet advertising however for this to work and for advertisers wanting to promote their products we would need a massive member base. I have seen some wallets have updates build inside the wallet so when you open it up there is the latest news updates from the dev team and that's when I thought that this could also work for advertising, not sure how it would all work but I don't believe any other project is doing anything like this at the moment.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Rumbles

View Profile
June 26, 2020, 07:50:19 AM

I had an idea of in wallet advertising however for this to work and for advertisers wanting to promote their products we would need a massive member base. I have seen some wallets have updates build inside the wallet so when you open it up there is the latest news updates from the dev team and that's when I thought that this could also work for advertising, not sure how it would all work but I don't believe any other project is doing anything like this at the moment.

That's not a bad idea. I'm not sure how many impressions / click throughs you would get from a wallet, unless you needed to use the wallet often for some reason. So, maybe the wallet advertising could be added as a component of the final solution?
vella85

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2020, 11:27:31 PM

That's not a bad idea. I'm not sure how many impressions / click throughs you would get from a wallet, unless you needed to use the wallet often for some reason. So, maybe the wallet advertising could be added as a component of the final solution?

That is true about the impressions however we get a big enough community here and most members running their wallets 24/7 for staking I'm sure the impressions will be high but not sure about the clicks but then again that's with any advertising as we are never guaranteed what number of clicks we'll receive. Also the ads would have to be text ads as I think banners inside the wallet maybe become too much. I don't know if this can be done with advertising but it could open up some doors to bring exposure to MOIN and help generate an income for the dev fund and maybe in the future the community could also benefit from the advertising.

KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 10:50:23 AM

Thanks all for your input, opinions and ideas. I'm swept up in some real world business that will keep me afk for the next 2 or 3 weeks, but I'll reply properly when I can. A vague plan is slowly hatching.

As an aside, I've noticed recently several communities concerned that their project of choice might be running out of funds. I want to assure all of you that there's no danger of that here... we don't have a dime and we never did!  Cheesy Grin

We should change that though. More to follow. Stay safe!

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
vella85

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 11:04:22 PM

Thanks for the update KingCaper.

Its always nice to see you check in here and let the community know what is going on and that you always keep us informed which I can say a lot of dev don't do. I look forward to hearing some ideas you have once you come back.

Rumbles

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:50:31 AM

Thanks all for your input, opinions and ideas. I'm swept up in some real world business that will keep me afk for the next 2 or 3 weeks, but I'll reply properly when I can. A vague plan is slowly hatching.

As an aside, I've noticed recently several communities concerned that their project of choice might be running out of funds. I want to assure all of you that there's no danger of that here... we don't have a dime and we never did!  Cheesy Grin

We should change that though. More to follow. Stay safe!

Thanks for the update!
vella85

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 11:44:46 PM

As we know DeFi is all the rage right now but I do think that in the future the new trend for crypto will be staking which gives projects like MOIN which has been one of the longest staking coins a big chance to become a top staking coin. We already have a great dev who is still around and a couple of exchanges in BTCPop and a well known exchange LiveCoin. We just need to come up with a concept that will push MOIN to that next level, the good thing is that MOIN's blockchain is running smoothly and has been for years and I think that's what people will look for coming into the staking space. We just need to see what ETH does in the coming months as that will be the driving force for staking in the future.

treefrogg

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2020, 03:40:19 AM

Hi everyone! Just checking in, didn't know the thread was active! Looking forward to more ideas.
Rumbles

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 08:42:16 AM

Hi everyone! Just checking in, didn't know the thread was active! Looking forward to more ideas.

Treefrog! You made it!
Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 03:18:49 PM

Treefrog! You made it!

Grin
vella85

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 11:39:00 PM

We are coming up to 3 weeks since KingCaper's post so I'm eagerly waiting to see what ideas he has planned for MOIN moving forward. I really do think now is the time to start brain storming and coming up with ideas on what direction MOIN should head in so I think a poll would be ideal for ideas and then the community can vote on which direction MOIN should take.

Rumbles

View Profile
August 14, 2020, 10:16:00 AM

We are coming up to 3 weeks since KingCaper's post so I'm eagerly waiting to see what ideas he has planned for MOIN moving forward. I really do think now is the time to start brain storming and coming up with ideas on what direction MOIN should head in so I think a poll would be ideal for ideas and then the community can vote on which direction MOIN should take.

Same, I would be interested to see what KingCaper has in mind. taking a pragmatic view, it's easy to think of an amazing idea, but it's much more difficult to execute that idea, especially with limited resources. So, I believe that leveraging what we have available is a good start. What key features within the MOIN codebase could be leveraged to build a "minimum viable product" and what other features could be borrow from other projects to improve our product.

treefrogg

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2020, 05:27:55 PM

I think a small listing is a start. Not sure how expensive they are, but we'd probably get a significant volume boost just by adding more options to buy moin. In the event that kingcaper decides to fork, it'd still take months to do so. Plus getting a new exchange would be a good sign for newcomers to the project. Any thoughts?
Rumbles

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 08:19:23 AM

I think a small listing is a start. Not sure how expensive they are, but we'd probably get a significant volume boost just by adding more options to buy moin. In the event that kingcaper decides to fork, it'd still take months to do so. Plus getting a new exchange would be a good sign for newcomers to the project. Any thoughts?

I think you are right Tree, trying to get additional exchanges where possible might be a good start.
vella85

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2020, 10:57:48 PM

I do agree that an exchange listing is a great way to gain some exposure for MOIN however maybe now isn't the best time if KingCaper decides to fork as then he would need to pay for the exchange to update, well most exchanges charge for this. Maybe after the fork if that's what he decides to do, MOIN can get listed on another exchange.

If MOIN switches to ERC20 then it is easy as there are free DEX's MOIN can list on like UniSwap. MOIN can still have what we have now with staking as a dapp can be developed for staking.

treefrogg

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2020, 07:57:11 PM

It's also just kind of risky that we're on only one exchange. Any small exchanges/DEXs you guys think would be good for a listing?
Rumbles

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 08:10:52 PM

It's also just kind of risky that we're on only one exchange. Any small exchanges/DEXs you guys think would be good for a listing?

I think we could get listed on Altilly, which lists a few other projects I'm invested in. However, I think we need to update our whitepaper first, as they want to understand the goal and current / ongoing progress of the project. Also, listing fees are 0.15BTC, so we could do a fundraiser. What are your thoughts?
Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 09:38:49 PM

Blocknet has a good dex but I think it works with atomic swaps. Can moin do atomic swaps?
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: