Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 04:16:29 AM

I picked up some more MOIN on Cryptopia with the recent dip in price and once again MOIN has rebounded back up to over 1,000 sats again. Just come here to see how the design contest for the T-shirts is going and if anyone has joined the contest yet? I'll tweet this out to my followers and hopefully someone takes up the offer.

The t-shirt contest is starting kind of slow.  I am super grateful for the motivation and donation from yada for the contest but I have not yet managed to write out any details of the contest.  I am really wanting to be careful and clear with this promotion to make it a smooth and productive event.  A couple concerns I have been thinking about are:  Who is going to judge the contest?  How long will the contest run?  Will the t-shirts need to actually be printed?  What should the submission process be? 

As I mentioned not long ago I am in the middle of this really intense training right now which makes time even more rare than usual.  Not trying to make an excuse just letting you know where my priorities are at the moment.  I think we will have the details laid out soon and of course if anyone has any ideas of how this should all work it is always helpful to hear.

No worries Jookly and maybe the MOIN community could vote on the winner and runners up places. I was going to promote it on Twitter but like you have said you are yet to write up any details on the contest so I'll wait until that is all done first before promoting it on Twitter. I think yada will be the best to see how he would like the contest to be judged but like I said I nominate a community vote.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 11:34:33 AM

I picked up some more MOIN on Cryptopia with the recent dip in price and once again MOIN has rebounded back up to over 1,000 sats again. Just come here to see how the design contest for the T-shirts is going and if anyone has joined the contest yet? I'll tweet this out to my followers and hopefully someone takes up the offer.

The t-shirt contest is starting kind of slow.  I am super grateful for the motivation and donation from yada for the contest but I have not yet managed to write out any details of the contest.  I am really wanting to be careful and clear with this promotion to make it a smooth and productive event.  A couple concerns I have been thinking about are:  Who is going to judge the contest?  How long will the contest run?  Will the t-shirts need to actually be printed?  What should the submission process be? 

As I mentioned not long ago I am in the middle of this really intense training right now which makes time even more rare than usual.  Not trying to make an excuse just letting you know where my priorities are at the moment.  I think we will have the details laid out soon and of course if anyone has any ideas of how this should all work it is always helpful to hear.

No worries Jookly and maybe the MOIN community could vote on the winner and runners up places. I was going to promote it on Twitter but like you have said you are yet to write up any details on the contest so I'll wait until that is all done first before promoting it on Twitter. I think yada will be the best to see how he would like the contest to be judged but like I said I nominate a community vote.

Well, definetly community should decide about first/best T-SHIRT graphic and for second best we can agree the moinmovement judges team  Wink
Regarding printing I'll organize it and after that we can offer them on moinmovement.org to those that would like to buy it.
So regarding T-SHIRT graphic contest contenders will only need to apply with their graphics.

Also, my idea with those T-shirts was to have them for some of the next rounds of moin raffle as secondary prizes.

Anyway all ideas are welcome.
vella85

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 10:08:21 PM

Well, definetly community should decide about first/best T-SHIRT graphic and for second best we can agree the moinmovement judges team  Wink
Regarding printing I'll organize it and after that we can offer them on moinmovement.org to those that would like to buy it.
So regarding T-SHIRT graphic contest contenders will only need to apply with their graphics.

Also, my idea with those T-shirts was to have them for some of the next rounds of moin raffle as secondary prizes.

Anyway all ideas are welcome.

Glad to hear that the Moin community will be voting on the best design. Once all the details are set out I can start promoting it on Twitter.

Also like to congratulate the person I introduced to MOIN for achieving a goal of 10,000 MOIN coins and now will be earning some nice staking rewards. 

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
mObLOBScHAr

Activity: 136
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:11:34 PM

could you please stop quoting each other if you don't refer to anything particular from the previous post?
I have this topic subscribed and get mails of every post and it's pretty hard to follow the conversation with all the duplicate texts without opening the site.
thanks Wink

looking forward for the t-shirt. curious how it will look.
vella85

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 09:11:47 PM

could you please stop quoting each other if you don't refer to anything particular from the previous post?
I have this topic subscribed and get mails of every post and it's pretty hard to follow the conversation with all the duplicate texts without opening the site.
thanks Wink

I understand what you are saying however there are hardly any posts posted per day in this thread so it should be all that hard to follow the conversation. The max amount of posts I've seen in one day in this thread is around 5 to 6 posts and most days it's only 1 or 2 posts and some days nothing so it shouldn't be all that hard to follow.

Great time to buy some more MOIN as the price has dipped below $0.01 for the first time in months.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:33:10 PM

thanks Wink

You're name gives me a headache. Would you consider using a sock puppet. Thanks  Smiley
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:46:53 PM

I am happy to officially announce the beginning of the T-shirt contest.  Here is a writeup with some details http://www.moinmovement.org/t-shirt-design-contest-2017.html

I even made a little image for vella to tweet  Cool

if someone could proof read the contest page for me and let me know any mistakes I would appreciate it.

-Jookly
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 07:50:06 PM

MOIN v1.2.0.0

New Wallet UI Design

The new MOIN wallet features a completely overhauled UI based on crz's wonderfully designed SDC Umbra client, with a few minor customizations including some nice new status icons from axllht. I think, as with previous versions, we'll continue to put our own stamp on it design-wise over time. In particular axhllt had some good ideas using design elements from the previous client that it would be nice to incorporate.

Encrypted Messenger Upgrade

The second big change in this release is a major upgrade to the decentralized encrypted messenger. The UI has been refined as part of the overall redesign and support for smileys has been added as well as the ability to hold group chats. Gravicons are assigned per MOIN address to make it easier to tell group participants apart if you don't yet have their addresses in your address book. I already have some ideas about we might incorporate it into The Platform.

Download links

Code:
https://github.com/MOIN/moin/releases/tag/v1.2.0.0

Other News and Resources                                                                                        

I'm happy to announce that axllht has officially joined Jookly, crz and myself on the MOIN team. He's been a great help in the development and testing of the latest client and we're very glad to have him on board!

The official block explorer has been updated to the latest version of Iquidus, which adds Network (sample of recently active nodes) and Movement (list of sizable transactions) tabs.

The OP in the thread's been updated too - dead links removed, MOIN Team section and links to Nova Exchange added. Crz has recently said he still intends to create MOIN Lite (newcomer friendly, low-resource wallet spin). While there's no time frame for it, I'm very excited about it. The roadmap has been updated to reflect this and our current working goals.

I've also created a new Github repo which is updated with an up to date bootstrap.dat file every 24 hours and added a file which is updated every 6 hours with a list of current active nodes to discovermoin.com.

As I've mentioned before, I was a bit pushed for time during the earlier part of the year due to a change in my personal circumstances, but for the next few months it's nothing but MOIN. I'm glad to get back to it.
Join us on IRC (#moin-crypto) or Slack if you've any questions or feedback and thank you all for your contributions, enthusiasm and support.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:15:38 PM

pretty freakin' rad.  this wallet is much faster, looks really good, fixes a few gui bugs and has a lot of interesting features.  Great job KingCaper.

Welcome to the team officially axl!  I think that KingCaper made a good decision.  You have been an awesome contributor with your design skills and just being a fun and helpful person.
ooom

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Learning is the beginning of wealth.

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:01:48 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 09:14:42 AM by ooom

Well just a copy of Umbra. And Umbra is dead project. Good job!  Wink

Disclaimer: My material is for informational purposes only.  It should not be considered legal or financial advice. I do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using my content.
YAdaminer

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 10:59:04 AM

HUH
I go AFK for a few days and you guys start with releases.  Wink Nice, nice.
The most intriguing  part of new wallet is THE PLATFORM.
Anyway looking forward for KingCaper full time engagement on the project.
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 11:01:06 PM

Hi guys and girls Smiley what do you think about improving a MOIN website discovermoin.com ? I feel that there should be more information about MOIN project Smiley

I agree, I think it'd be a good idea to add some more basic information at least before doing a full redesign in the future. I know exchanges aren't listed there yet. Maybe you guys could take a look and let me know what you think needs to be added so that we can update it in the next few weeks.

https://discovermoin.com/

Cheers.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
ilog

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Bitcoin the only GOD.

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:31:24 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 07:38:38 AM by ilog

Hello,

When you scroll down with right side scroll er (in option or tools chain data etc.), left side menu panel becomes disrupted - it moves and flashes. This is on Ubuntu 64 16.04 LTS  1280 x 800 16:0 resolution.

Also, I have made a transaction to my new wallet in MOINX - PRIVATE. In overview window - recent transactions box - it shows me not Received Type but SENT type and 0.000 amount of MOINX. Total balance box show just MOIN - PUBLIC balance. MOINX - PRIVATE balance doesn't show up on TOTAL BALANCE or Balances boxs.

Did I failed to send MOINX from previous version wallet to a new wallet? Or is it an ERROR?

Thank you,

In BITCOIN we Trust.
vella85

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 03:56:33 AM

OMG! So much going on now as I have been away from MOIN the last few days and forgot to check in here and now that I have I'm very happy to see the new wallet and also that the T-shirt contest is up and running. So now I can start tweeting this out to my followers and also let them know about the new wallet. It looks Amazing! The design from crz is Awesome! I can feel that 2017 will be the year for MOIN.

ooom

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:34:44 AM

A very buggy release!

This wallet *THE PLATFORM xD doesn't work! How you gonna build something on it if it now doesn't work Cheesy

Disclaimer: My material is for informational purposes only.  It should not be considered legal or financial advice. I do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using my content.
YAdaminer

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:26:08 AM

A very buggy release!

This wallet *THE PLATFORM xD doesn't work! How you gonna build something on it if it now doesn't work Cheesy

You are lame FUDer, it's clear that PLATFORM is not released yet and therefore it couldn't work so it's not buggy, it's there in the wallet with sign 'under development' as something that will be released.
So it seems you dumped again and trying to push the price down with your stupid comments.

ooom

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:52:24 AM

My statement was a FACT not some sort of a fud...

Okey, I will name it like this :

MOIN v1.2.0.0 New Wallet UI Design release is very buggy. Really professional guys   Roll Eyes

YAdaminer

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:15:03 AM

My statement was a FACT not some sort of a fud...

Okey, I will name it like this :

MOIN v1.2.0.0 New Wallet UI Design release is very buggy. Really professional guys   Roll Eyes

OK, let's talk facts. What exactly don't work?
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:27:13 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 02:24:56 PM by Jookly

If there are issues with the wallet then I am certain they will be fixed... that is the process. It is great that iLog is trying out the advanced features of the wallet and asking questions.  I don't have any specific council since I am not personally able to reproduce those particular issues mentioned by iLog but I passed the word on to KingCaper.  On the plus side the wallet is working great in my testing. 

mObLOBScHAr

Activity: 136
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:12:27 PM

I'm running the new wallet on 3 windows clients without any problems.

What exactly does not work? Without any further explanation its pure FUD.  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: