Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:59:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:56:28 PM

I have a question about the MOIN wallet, does it have coin contral which I can enable like most other pos coins? I can seem to find it or is it something different in the MOIN wallet? What does minimum stake interval mean and minimum ring size/ maximum ring size? Thanks in advance.

Hey vella,  The part I can't help with is the ring size.  I will try to look that up and get back to you on it if no one else does prior.  

Ring size is related to anonymous transactions (ring signatures). KingCaper might understand this in more depth but, as I understand it, a low ring size (such as 3) is sufficient when sending an anonymous transaction. Higher ring sizes = higher obfuscation, but it also costs more in transaction size (which means you pay a higher fee)

Right now, on this codebase, I don't believe it's worth bothering with any of this. If you desperately needed to hide a transaction, you'd probably use something like Monero, or Zcash.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 01:05:31 AM

I have a question about the MOIN wallet, does it have coin contral which I can enable like most other pos coins? I can seem to find it or is it something different in the MOIN wallet? What does minimum stake interval mean and minimum ring size/ maximum ring size? Thanks in advance.

Hey vella,  The part I can't help with is the ring size.  I will try to look that up and get back to you on it if no one else does prior.  

Ring size is related to anonymous transactions (ring signatures). KingCaper might understand this in more depth but, as I understand it, a low ring size (such as 3) is sufficient when sending an anonymous transaction. Higher ring sizes = higher obfuscation, but it also costs more in transaction size (which means you pay a higher fee)

Right now, on this codebase, I don't believe it's worth bothering with any of this. If you desperately needed to hide a transaction, you'd probably use something like Monero, or Zcash.

Hmm thanks for the explanation on ring size. I don't think many people would be using this right now but once MOIN evolves over time I'm sure people will start to use this feature and now that I know how it sort of works I might give it a try in the future. Hopefully one day MOIN will be up there with Monero and Zcash.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
rioshar

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:58:51 AM

guys moin has a masternodes?
you have a slack?
ooom

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Learning is the beginning of wealth.

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:41:55 AM

you have a slack?

Moin does not have master-nodes. You can stake your coins for 10 percent interest yearly.

Disclaimer: My material is for informational purposes only.  It should not be considered legal or financial advice. I do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using my content.
rioshar

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:45:18 AM

you have a slack?

Moin does not have master-nodes. You can stake your coins for 10 percent interest yearly.
hi thanks for ur response
i like this coin alot
but in here and in slack it seems no one is active
is dev active and still on the project?!?
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 09:22:50 AM

you have a slack?

i like this coin alot

Believe it or not rioshar, I don't provide 24 hour customer service. Occasionally I sleep.

MOIN already has a more elegant, efficient and effective system for anonymous transactions. Why would we need masternodes?

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:57:23 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2017, 01:53:19 PM by Mendeleev

Why would we need masternodes?

Because masternodes means HighOnCoins from YouTube will pump the shit out of your coin like he recently did to ChainCoin  Tongue

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chaincoin/

Look at the state of that!

In case you missed it: His theory was that everybody should keep buying and holding, with nobody dumping, and they'll be able to get it to $100 so all the MN owners will rake in the profits.

I'm not sure he'll be winning the Nobel prize in economics any time soon...

Anyway, I think this little experiment of his is what's brought the masternode hype back.
vella85

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 12:14:41 AM

you have a slack?

i like this coin alot

Believe it or not rioshar, I don't provide 24 hour customer service. Occasionally I sleep.

MOIN already has a more elegant, efficient and effective system for anonymous transactions. Why would we need masternodes?

I'm happy with the way MOIN is right now without masternodes but I do agree with some that having masternodes does help increase the price of the coin. I think we should all just wait and see what the MOIN platform will be once it is released. Moin has been growing steadily for many months now without much going on so it does show that we have great support out there and with or without masternodes I think the price will skyrocket in the future.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
HeRVy

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 07:07:01 PM

@KingCaper

Hi all!

I should want to promote moin in my spanish blog

There is not much knowledge about this altcoin in Spain nor in South America.

So I want to write an article in mi blog about this coin

Style will be as the one I wrote about siacoin, you can have a look here.

http://moneyptc.es/siacoin-criptomoneda/

So the article would have the following paragraphs.

• Why moin?
  • In what manner moin contributes to the coins ecosystem?
  • What is moin's team developing now and in the future?
  • Where to buy moin? Well, this question I can resolve.  Grin

So if you where so kind to resolve in few words the above questions I can write this article about moin, developping then your answers and translating them by myself.

Off course you can add any information you consider is interesting and I have missed.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort

Long life to Moin  Wink
FarmerOak

Activity: 231

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:04:07 PM

Aged coin but light volume, I'll keep an eye out

vella85

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 11:53:35 PM

@KingCaper

Hi all!

• Why moin?

So if you where so kind to resolve in few words the above questions I can write this article about moin, developping then your answers and translating them by myself.

Off course you can add any information you consider is interesting and I have missed.

Long life to Moin  Wink

This is a great idea and will help spread the word about MOIN to more people. I'm sure KingCaper or Jookly can help you out with the answers to your questions. I agree that not much knowledge is know in foreign countries about Altcoins so I think this is a great thing to do for MOIN.

By the way did everyone see that MOIN broke it's ATH in sats in the last 24 hours! Great achievement and I think in the near future it can get a lot higher.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 02:06:49 PM

@KingCaper

Hi all!

• Why moin?

Long life to Moin  Wink

Hi HeRVy, thanks for your interest and the questions. I'll get back to you on them shortly.

ooom

Activity: 165

Learning is the beginning of wealth.

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:37:39 PM

you have a slack?

i like this coin alot

It's just everyone is waiting for the project development fruition. Also, yet Moin is free from Pumps and Dumps or speculators. If someone is planing on something that means now is accumulation faze...

MOIN holds value pretty well. It was very stable over the bear period of downtrend. Solid value.

Disclaimer: My material is for informational purposes only.  It should not be considered legal or financial advice. I do not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using my content.
vella85

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 11:29:43 PM

you have a slack?

i like this coin alot

It's just everyone is waiting for the project development fruition. Also, yet Moin is free from Pumps and Dumps or speculators. If someone is planing on something that means now is accumulation faze...

MOIN holds value pretty well. It was very stable over the bear period of downtrend. Solid value.

Well said mate, MOIN has always been steady for as long as I can remember, well since I joined Moin. That is what drew me into investing in this coin as I didn't see any pump and dumps and that the price was steady and rising slowly and not being pumped up and then dumped. We are no doubt in an accumulation stage as the charts show this clearly. I think once the platform is released then we can expect some sort of price rise, it will be interesting to see what will happen as it could sky rocket as the market cap is still under 1 million and also that there is a low circulating supply of just over 7 million Moin out there.

ilog

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Bitcoin the only GOD.

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:10:37 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2017, 08:48:12 AM by ilog

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT

We have purchased The Shadow Project Facebook page for MOIN community.

It has 661 people who liked it and are interested in cryptocurrency.

In addition we have hired an administrator who will manage it.

Anyone who wants to contribute to it feel free to contact https://www.facebook.com/todklemont
He will be an admin of MOIN PROJECT page and will grant you a moderator rights.

MOIN PROJECT FACEBOOK PAGE
NAME WILL BE CHANGED shortly.
https://www.facebook.com/moinproject/

Thank you,
Stay tuned,

We have a surprise for you all.  

In BITCOIN we Trust.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:57:49 PM

That is really awesome ilog!  Very nice work.  I do not have a facebook account but if I did I would like the crap outta that.  Heck I might have to create one just to like it.  lol.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

MOIN!
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 01:18:02 PM

That is really awesome ilog!  Very nice work.  I do not have a facebook account but if I did I would like the crap outta that.  Heck I might have to create one just to like it.  lol.

MOIN!

+1

This is fantastic, great work ilog and nice to have you back!

vella85

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 10:40:39 PM

MOIN!

+1

This is fantastic, great work ilog and nice to have you back!

This is great! I'll be promoting this on Twitter to try and get more people to like the page as I don't really use Facebook any more but will try my best to help spread the word.

More great news for Moin and that is we broke our ATH in USD currently at 0.115 USD and just the other day we broke the ATH in sats so Moin is starting to get the attention it deserves. 

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 01:57:46 PM

@KingCaper

Hi all!

• Why moin?

Long life to Moin  Wink

I've tried to answer your questions as best as I can. Maybe everyone else could take a read and pitch in with anything they think I've missed or that could be expressed more clearly.

Thanks a lot for helping to promote us. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to expand on or if there are any other questions you'd like answered.

Why moin?

Having being around the cryptocurrency scene for several years now I think it’s almost impossible to be too skeptical when it comes to any of the claims teams make about their future plans. Basically, until I see the code – I assume it isn’t real. For this reason I wouldn’t feel comfortable recommending anyone invest a significant amount of money in MOIN yet (if that’s what you meant by "why moin"). It’s also why we haven’t really promoted MOIN too heavily up until now, because by my own standards – from the outside looking in at least – MOIN is unproven. I think it’s a project I’d be watching very closely though.

In what manner moin contributes to the coins ecosystem?

At the moment MOIN contributes nothing in particular to the coins ecosystem. The coins ecosystem isn’t something I think about to be honest. Whether or not a project offers something unique is definitely a useful gauge of its legitimacy though and I do care about making something useful. With MOIN we will eventually contribute something unique to the coins ecosystem, but it’ll happen as a natural consequence of continuing to work on the things I find most interesting. Basically, there’s just something I have my heart set on building.

What is moin's team developing now and in the future?

I’ve been working on something I’ve been referring to by the codename “The Platform”. Partly in reaction to other projects that made big promises and never delivered, I decided a long time ago I wouldn’t release details of exactly what The Platform is until it was almost ready for release. At the same time, I don’t the want people who have invested to be completely in the dark, so we give progress updates once every 2 weeks. What I will say is that it will be made up of three inter-operating subsystems, each of which will be released individually as and when they’re ready since each is capable of functioning independently. But it’s in combining the three that things get really interesting.

In the mean time, one of our graphic designers axllht has been busy working on new designs for our wallet and on revamping and expanding the official website discovermoin.com, both of which are coming along very nicely.

I haven’t thought far beyond The Platform as improving and extending it aught to keep us occupied well into the future. Once the alpha is released I’d like to bring on more developers, so at that point we’ll probably look at expanding into other areas.

Where to buy moin? Well, this question I can resolve.

I’d caution anyone before buying MOIN that it’s not a get-rich quick scheme. We absolutely won’t add a feature (*cough* Masternodes *cough*) that adds little in the way of functionality just to manufacture scarcity or push the price up. So if you’re a day trader looking for a quick return you’re going to find our motivations completely at odds with your own, and MOIN probably isn’t for you.

For me, MOIN’s mostly about learning new skills, the technical challenges and getting to meet and work with interesting like-minded people. Right now, what would probably benefit us most is getting more people involved. So if anyone reading is looking for a new challenge, has programming experience and wants to get involved with a project in this field, wants to learn new skills or would like to contribute in some other way then come find us on IRC/Slack/email or on the forums. I'm sure we can find a way to put your skills to good use!

IRC: #moin-crypto (freenode)
Slack: https://discovermoin.herokuapp.com/
email: contact@discovermoin.com

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 08:26:23 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2017, 08:54:08 PM by KingCaper

Fortnightly Sunday Update

As I mentioned in the last update, I've been doing a bit of travelling over the summer. "Gather ye rosebuds" and all that. I had my laptop with me, but to be honest I didn't get much developing done over the last two weeks. It also took me a bit longer than expected to get to where I was going, but I'm here now with desktop reassembled and upgraded and MVP scrawled on the whiteboard above my desk. It's a good environment to work in and there's nothing to distract me, so I expect the next few weeks to be productive.

MOIN Facebook Group

Given my dereliction of duty, it's not surprising that the most noteworthy developments and contributions have been due to the hard work of others. For anyone who missed ilog's news - in an inspired feat of guerrilla marketing he managed to acquire the old SDC Facebook Group for us. So if you're on Facebook, be sure to take a look:

https://www.facebook.com/moinproject/

Website Redesign

Axxlht's been busy translating his new vision for the official website into code. He brought up the possibility of starting a MOIN wiki for more in-depth technical descriptions of the feature overviews from the site. Obviously I'll help where I can, but ideally this is something it'd be best for other team/community members to take the lead with so that I can focus on development. So if you've got some spare time and are able, please come help us out!

Earlier today on Slack someone asked about an Android wallet. Kopykat's mentioned Coinomi in the past and I think a multi-coin wallet like this would be the best option for now. I've put up a poll to gauge demand. If there's enough interest we could maybe use a small portion of the community fund to cover the fees.

That's all for now. Everyone deserves a little time off, but if there's not another little tick on that Platform graphic by the next update I expect you all to give me a sound kicking!

Gesondheid!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: