Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:07:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 01:07:37 AM

It's been a while since I last checked in here, just like to know if there has been any more people join the T-shirt design contest? Or if it's still running? as there have been no mention of it. Maybe there should now be a deadline for it to end as it has been running for many months now. Just think at the current price the prize is worth around $400 USD.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:51:47 AM

hello everyone,

when do you plan to develop/release a mac wallet?
the platform? what is that, from what i understood from reading is it a messaging platform? could it do anything more? am I right?

do you have any other blockchain solutions for anything else?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi ,./,./

I know that KingCaper was noticing the interest in getting a mac wallet out, no specific date but I think we can expect it.

There really isn't a lot of info about the platform available.  There is already messaging in the wallet so it could be communication related but we already have messaging so I think it is something different from that.

KingCaper might have better answers for you when he swings through but I hope that helps a little

It's been a while since I last checked in here, just like to know if there has been any more people join the T-shirt design contest? Or if it's still running? as there have been no mention of it. Maybe there should now be a deadline for it to end as it has been running for many months now. Just think at the current price the prize is worth around $400 USD.
Smiley

Hey vella,

Thanks for bringing up the T-shirt contest.  It has been running for 4 months at this point and we have only received submissions from one person.  That isn't really much of a contest and the submissions that did get submitted, although appreciated, aren't exactly designs for t-shirts per say.  So I guess I am not sure what to do exactly.  We could set an end date and see if we get any more submissions and then go from there, we could award the one person who submitted with either the full or a partial reward and just end the contest there, we could end the contest and not give out any reward or try again some other time.  Maybe some other option.  I am honestly open to help out however I can but need input from the community on how to proceed.  I will share with you all what did get submitted.

https://ibb.co/cfvKHa
https://ibb.co/eXvmxa
https://ibb.co/egzDca
https://ibb.co/i114iF
https://ibb.co/k614iF

The person who submitted them is a user here on this forum and I don't want to put him on the spot but if he has and input on what we should do that would be appreciated as well.  I also feel like I would have liked to enter this contest myself, especially given the prize, but felt it wouldn't be appropriate due to the fact I would probably be involved in picking a winner as well.

I think with a little discussion we should be able to resolve the contest in someway that most everyone is happy with.

edit:  I went ahead and made a similar post on moinmovement.org

http://www.moinmovement.org/news/status-of-the-moin-t-shirt-contest
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:30:46 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 03:49:18 PM by Jookly

The community member who made the submissions contacted me to say he is open for the contest to end in whatever manner seems fit.  He would be willing to wait for more submissions, end the contest without a prize, or be accepted as the winner.   He would prefer to remain anonymous and so we will respect that preference.  His main point was that he created the submissions to try and inspire some more competition which I think was a really great thing to do.  I would like to hear what people think we should do.

My own preference would be to end the contest now and either reward the sole participant with the entirety or part of the original prize.

I look forward to your input.
vella85

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 10:48:57 PM

The community member who made the submissions contacted me to say he is open for the contest to end in whatever manner seems fit.  He would be willing to wait for more submissions, end the contest without a prize, or be accepted as the winner.   He would prefer to remain anonymous and so we will respect that preference.  His main point was that he created the submissions to try and inspire some more competition which I think was a really great thing to do.  I would like to hear what people think we should do.

My own preference would be to end the contest now and either reward the sole participant with the entirety or part of the original prize.

Hi Jookly,

Would you like me to start a thread on the Altcoin marketplace to promote this contest? Maybe we could have it running for 1 week or 2 and see how we go as I think we may get more interest as that's where people look to find these kind of contests/bounties. And maybe the person who did submit these designs can get some sort of reward for waiting so long? maybe a couple hundred MOIN? I will wait for a reply before starting a thread over there if you choose so.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 09:50:45 AM

hello everyone,

when do you plan to develop/release a mac wallet?
the platform? what is that, from what i understood from reading is it a messaging platform? could it do anything more? am I right?

do you have any other blockchain solutions for anything else?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Someone else asked about a Mac wallet the other day too, so I've contacted someone about it and hope to hear back soon.

All publicly available information on the platform can be found in the fortnightly updates. More information will be made available when we're further along with development.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 02:01:32 PM

Hi Jookly,

Would you like me to start a thread on the Altcoin marketplace to promote this contest? Maybe we could have it running for 1 week or 2 and see how we go as I think we may get more interest as that's where people look to find these kind of contests/bounties. And maybe the person who did submit these designs can get some sort of reward for waiting so long? maybe a couple hundred MOIN? I will wait for a reply before starting a thread over there if you choose so.

I wanted to share some thoughts about this.

It was good of Jookly to organise it and of vella and everyone else to tweet about it, but the whole thing feels like a complete missed opportunity. Aside from the Altcoin marketplace there's probably another half dozen crypto-related forums alone where we could have posted about this. If the goal was actual t-shirt designs we could've used the funds as a bounty for a campaign somewhere like 99designs. If the goal was to publicize the project and get more people involved we should've posted about it somewhere other than our own twitter feeds and bitcointalk thread. As things stand we're giving away $400 worth of MOIN and not really achieving anything at all. In fact, if anything we've spent $400 to make MOIN look a bit unloved.

I'm sorry to be critical, but I feel like we can do much, much better than this. If we do this sort of thing again in the future we should consider using part of the funds to hire someone to run the campaign properly. Or if there's someone in the community who'd like to take the lead with this sort of thing then come talk with us. Publicity's going to become more of a factor as we get closer to releasing The Platform - we're going to have to get much better at it.

Okay, rant over.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 06:11:37 PM

Thanks KingCaper for expressing that so succinctly.   I agree with the things you said and I think I am probably responsible for this campaign not being advertised correctly.  I was concerned about the specificity of the campaigns terms from the start, was not able to successfully define the end of the campaign, and our lack of submissions exacerbated this problem.  I think the original idea and donation of MOIN for the prize was a noble endeavor but at this point as I have described I am ready to end this campaign.  Generally I prefer projects that increase our MOIN foundation reserves rather than reduce them. 

I would like to be the person that helps run and organize promotions for MOIN but I personally need to be more discerning regarding what projects we actually take on from here on out.  In retrospect when this T-shirt contest was initiated I should have defined the terms much more specifically.  One little bit to defend my delicate ego, this particular campaign was not my idea I was simply trying to help facilitate something that it seemed like the community was interested in at the time. 

So yeah my preference right now is to just scrap the T-shirt campaign.  It might not have produced the promotion or design we were hoping for originally but going through these processes as a community makes us stronger in a way.
vella85

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 11:35:18 PM

Well I'm all for helping MOIN get more exposure but I also agree that this might not of been the best campaign to run, but at the time it seemed good but as time went on there wasn't much interest from anyone. I am always happy to support MOIN and spread the word like I was on Twitter about this campaign but I didn't see much interest so maybe next time I think for sure something like this needs to be promoted in the Altcoin marketplace and like KingCaper said on other crypto related forums and communities. To be honest I think it's only a matter of time before MOIN starts to spark a lot more interest in the coin once the platform is released because as we have seen there has been some interest from a few people on here but first want to see the developments. This is why I truly believe MOIN is the hidden gem and that now is a great time to keep accumulating and staking MOIN. 

koshercrypto

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:31:37 AM

Just stumbled upon this coin... Active Dev and community, good clean roadmap, low market cap with a lot of nice looking projects in the pipeline. What's the catch? Just bought in regardless. Looking forward for what's to come.
richardmtruitt

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:23:18 AM

I like the looks of this coin. What is the current yearly staking rate?

Thank you
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:21:12 AM

Just stumbled upon this coin... Active Dev and community, good clean roadmap, low market cap with a lot of nice looking projects in the pipeline. What's the catch? Just bought in regardless. Looking forward for what's to come.

Thanks for saying hi.  Welcome.  Glad to have you here.

I like the looks of this coin. What is the current yearly staking rate?

Thank you

The staking rate is set for the coin supply to grow by 10% yearly.  MOIN uses the PoS v3.0 if you are looking for a good technical explanation of the system that will help you look it up.

Thanks for stopping by!
inco8

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:33:35 AM

So I recently stumbled upon this project, and I think it didn't yet get the attention it deserves which will certainly change in due time.

In terms of the T-Shirt contest I wanted to ask what the most recent decision is from the team?
If it is still open to submissions I'd like to try my luck as well.

Anyway, you might mention it on the official Twitter to get more attention to it I guess?

Good luck
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:28:26 AM

So I recently stumbled upon this project, and I think it didn't yet get the attention it deserves which will certainly change in due time.

In terms of the T-Shirt contest I wanted to ask what the most recent decision is from the team?

Anyway, you might mention it on the official Twitter to get more attention to it I guess?

Good luck

Thanks inco8 for the question.  The decision is that we are discontinuing the contest.  The timing has not worked out well and it was not having the impression or effect originally intended.  We can definitely revisit the idea of a design contest, and even a t-shirt design contest specifically, at some point when we plan it out a little better.  It is great to see new people posting here it makes me excited that we can find something which interests a good segment of the MOIN community and build a campaign or contest around that eventually.
vella85

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 11:39:47 PM

Good luck

Thanks inco8 for the question.  The decision is that we are discontinuing the contest.  The timing has not worked out well and it was not having the impression or effect originally intended.  We can definitely revisit the idea of a design contest, and even a t-shirt design contest specifically, at some point when we plan it out a little better.  It is great to see new people posting here it makes me excited that we can find something which interests a good segment of the MOIN community and build a campaign or contest around that eventually.

I agree Jookly it's great to see more new people posting in here as MOIN is getting some attention, not much but at least we are seeing it now. MOIN does deserve to have a lot more attention but right now I think where we are at with the dev working on the platform and the price holding steady at around 3200 to 4100 sats is great. It's actually a great time to keep accumulating MOIN and staking it to build on our stacks ready for the future growth which I don't think will be too long now. I always see people on Twitter promoting low supply coins and low marketcap and that's what we currently have at MOIN so like I said this is a little gem hidden away and it's only a matter of time before it's out in the spotlight just like all these other low supply/marketcap coins.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 02:15:30 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 02:28:01 PM by KingCaper

Fortnightly Sunday Update

Greetings all, hope everyone is well!

Market Alert System

The Market Alert System is finished. It scrapes exchanges once a minute and posts alerts of new sell orders as long as they are below, equal to, or less than 25% above the current market price (according to coinmarketcap), and involving a certain threshold amount of MOIN. There are several ways to get alerts - @MOINAlerts on twitter will tweet about any new sells of 5000 MOIN or more and these alerts will also appear in the #market_alerts channel on Slack. Click here for an invitation.

There's also the option to get email alerts for which you can set your own trigger amount (e.g. 20,000 MOIN). If you'd like to get email alerts send me a message with your email address and the desired amount. I might extend the system to an IRC channel too if there's demand.

I've set what I think are sensible rate limits for it - one tweet per exchange every fifteen minutes and no more than one email every 30 minutes. Given the scarcity of heavy sell orders I don't expect the limits to be hit too often (at least until trading volume picks up). We may need to tweak a few parameters to get it just right. Let me know your thoughts.

Mac Wallet

Due to popular demand, the MOIN macOS client:

I've been doing some travelling over the last two weeks so I wasn't able to do any work on The Platform in between finishing up the alert system, but I'm headed somewhere quiet for the next month or so so that I can get my head down. Axllht tells me the new MOIN website is nearly done, so that's coming soon too! If it's summer wherever you are in the world I hope you're enjoying it and if there are any other programmers in the community who'd like to get involved, or you'd like to contribute in some other way, then drop us a line.

Skål!

vella85

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 06:09:44 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update

Greetings all, hope everyone is well!

Market Alert System

The Market Alert System is finished. It scrapes exchanges once a minute and posts alerts of new sell orders as long as they are below, equal to, or less than 25% above the current market price (according to coinmarketcap), and involving a certain threshold amount of MOIN. There are several ways to get alerts - @MOINAlerts on twitter will tweet about any new sells of 5000 MOIN or more and these alerts will also appear in the #market_alerts channel on Slack. Click here for an invitation.

There's also the option to get email alerts for which you can set your own trigger amount (e.g. 20,000 MOIN). If you'd like to get email alerts send me a message with your email address and the desired amount. I might extend the system to an IRC channel too if there's demand.

I've set what I think are sensible rate limits for it - one tweet per exchange every fifteen minutes and no more than one email every 30 minutes. Given the scarcity of heavy sell orders I don't expect the limits to be hit too often (at least until trading volume picks up). We may need to tweak a few parameters to get it just right. Let me know your thoughts.

Mac Wallet

Due to popular demand, the MOIN macOS client:

I've been doing some travelling over the last two weeks so I wasn't able to do any work on The Platform in between finishing up the alert system, but I'm headed somewhere quiet for the next month or so so that I can get my head down. Axllht tells me the new MOIN website is nearly done, so that's coming soon too! If it's summer wherever you are in the world I hope you're enjoying it and if there are any other programmers in the community who'd like to get involved, or you'd like to contribute in some other way, then drop us a line.

Skål!

Thanks for this KingCaper! I've been waiting for this alert system to be released and as I'm on Twitter most of the time it couldn't of come at a better time for me so thanks. Like I have said I truly believe that MOIN is the sleeping giant that will soon be awaken so now is the perfect time to get in as we have been in this price range for many months now which I believe is the accumulation period and then I'm expecting it to explode.

vella85

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 05:32:27 AM

I have a question about the MOIN wallet, does it have coin contral which I can enable like most other pos coins? I can seem to find it or is it something different in the MOIN wallet? What does minimum stake interval mean and minimum ring size/ maximum ring size? Thanks in advance.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:48:37 AM

I have a question about the MOIN wallet, does it have coin contral which I can enable like most other pos coins? I can seem to find it or is it something different in the MOIN wallet? What does minimum stake interval mean and minimum ring size/ maximum ring size? Thanks in advance.

Hey vella,  The part I can't help with is the ring size.  I will try to look that up and get back to you on it if no one else does prior.  

Yes the wallet has coin control.  If you are on the Send tab you will see a "Coin Control" button in the upper right near the Advanced Options button.  When you click on Coin Control it will toggle a link the body of the tab labeled "Select Inputs".  When you click on that label you will see a dialog you will be familiar with from other coin control enabled wallets.

Minimum stake interval is the minimum of time, measured in seconds, between the stakes your wallet will receive.  So just as an example if I set the minimum stake interval to 600 than that means is that when the wallet receives a stake it will wait 10 minutes before even attempting to stake again.
saifi ida

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:58:04 AM

I've joined this MOIN voting by giving my vote on the number 10000 because this figure is very profitable not too much and not too little. thanks so much dev.
vella85

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 11:35:58 PM

Hey vella,  The part I can't help with is the ring size.  I will try to look that up and get back to you on it if no one else does prior.  

Yes the wallet has coin control.  If you are on the Send tab you will see a "Coin Control" button in the upper right near the Advanced Options button.  When you click on Coin Control it will toggle a link the body of the tab labeled "Select Inputs".  When you click on that label you will see a dialog you will be familiar with from other coin control enabled wallets.

Minimum stake interval is the minimum of time, measured in seconds, between the stakes your wallet will receive.  So just as an example if I set the minimum stake interval to 600 than that means is that when the wallet receives a stake it will wait 10 minutes before even attempting to stake again.

Thanks Jookly! I was looking everywhere for it lol and thanks also for explaining the minimum stake interval feature as I never seen this feature before in other pos coins. Currently mine is set to 0 so I hope that is okay? Now I do have another question as I can't seem to see if when we earn stakes do the blocks split into 2 blocks like most other pos coins?

By the way I finally followed the MOIN alert system on Twitter and also posted a tweet about this cool new feature we have, I see there isn't many followers only 2 so hopefully more people start to follow.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: