Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:09:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 11:28:57 PM

Nice to see you KingCaper! Its been a long time since the last time, well I myself haven't been in here much either posting but I do come and keep track of the fortnightly updates by Jookly. I have voted for option 2 only because I think most people would want to see the platform up and running as it has been a long wait so hopefully we will see the platform up and running soon as like you said yourself there are other project coming online and getting ahead of MOIN when it comes to the ideas you had for the platform. The key with MOIN is that its an old chain and has stood the test of time while these new projects need to prove them self first. This is why once the MOIN platform is launched I think it would do well as MOIN has been around for a few years now. Good luck!

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
treefrogg

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 10:06:00 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2018, 10:16:48 AM by treefrogg

In my opinion, it is better for moin to first complete the particl swap and then proceed with the platform research phase. The swap, option #2, should take place first and then be followed by a research phase of the platform. The particl swap will offer moin a lot of new features right off the bat, which will make the MOIN blockchain both more secure and scalable:
  • 1. Cold Staking
  • 2. dApps/smart contracts
  • 3. Atomic swaps
  • 4. RingCt
  • 5. Segwit
  • 6. Quantum resistant Proof of Stake
  • 7. Latest BTCitcoin core codebase
  • 8. Anon, blind, & public sending
I believe having cold staking features is essential, cold staking is enabled with the use of a smart contracts which basically allows other nodes to stake the coins without being able to spend them, and you are rewarded the same percentage rate. Cold-staking is good because stakers don't have to worry about power outages, it increases the amount of coins being staked in a network, and most importantly people can stake their coins from cold and hardware wallets, which Particl has just accomplished. These are all factors which make a more decentralized and secure network, because everyone can earn an income, not just the big miners and mining pools with Bitcoin. The fact that people can stake and earn revenue in power outages and with minimal equipment (raspberry pi, pc, server, etc) makes it really hard for governments to ban PoS coins.

- Segwit will be integrated from the genesis block and will allow for a scalable chain.
- Quantum resistant proof of stake will ensure that no hackers can reverse a private key from a public key.
- Smart contracts enable cold-staking and allow for dapps such as private messaging and DEXs to be built on top of a chain.
- Atomic swaps will allow MOIN holders to use MOIN as a payment wherever cryptocurrency is accepted.
- First chain to implement three forms of sending on the BTC codebase. https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-images-1.medium.com%2Fmax%2F1600%2F1*Z8sGwEC-ZXHs-xZtljJzqQ.png&f=1
- If you are new to particl, I recommend you read their FAQ: https://particl.wiki/faq_overview
- If you are new to moin, you can read about it on our website: https://discovermoin.com

I believe that these features will be favored in the long-term, as they will make MOIN a currency with many use-cases and the integration of segwit will make the chain scalable for mass adoption, and allow for upwards of 85 public transactions per second. It makes more sense to complete the swap first, because: we can always make the platform, but once the platform is made, we cannot swap to a better chain. For moin to hold up with possible mass adoption in the future, we need to consider the chain first, and then the platform.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:59:10 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #33

Mic check mic check, one two one two, Jookly in the house with the fortnightly update.

King Caper Returns!  Input Needed!

For any Moiniac with half an attention this weeks big MOIN news is the return of our dev KingCaper.  If you missed the post you can see it @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876 .  The post outlines three options for MOIN moving forward.  You can leave your input across any MOIN community communication channels http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html and it will be heard.  

Moin Movement League Phase 5

This phase saw a big update to the moinmovement.net website.  This is probably version 2 to be honest.  It has a full new front end and a bunch of back end changes as well.  We even have page refresh and logout technology now, amazing I know....  Participation has been steady but not increasing over this period which is perfectly ok, there is lots of details to get right still so when the group that is participating is larger, everything moves forward smoothly.  If you find any problems with the site, or are just interested in helping build a really awesome website related to a cryptocurrency, or if you want to help support MOIN, or if you just want some MOIN in exchange for some social media activity, check it out, your feedback is always appreciated.

Reminder About Being Smart With Exchanges And Trading

Please be careful and smart out there folks.  Before you buy anything from any exchange EVER verify that the item you are buying is exactly what you think it is and that you can do with it what you want to be able to, such as sending/recieving.  Also, never take pricing data for granted, always double check primary sources and make efforts to understand reality of a situation before making decisions. I am asked to make this type of reminder due to the high price volatility reported for MOIN recently on coinmarketcap.  One contribution to this is that c-cex does not allow people to sign up. This prevents arbitrage which means the price there is largely irrelevant as the spread between it and other MOIN exchanges has no way of correcting any pricing imbalance.

Come Hang Out!

Want to help out with MOIN? Need some advice on your homework?  Looking for a fake telegram girlfriend?  We have all of that covered and more if you swing by one of our MOIN community channels,  Full options @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

MOIN!
 - Jookly
Robust Crypto

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #31

Yes folks it is I Jookly back with another fortnightly update.  Where I tell you everything I can think of that happened in the MOIN world within the last two weeks.  Let's get to it!

Moin Movement League

Currently the best kept secret in crypto  Wink .  A BIG thanks to everyone participating so far.  Activity was up again this phase and the competition is looking good.  We also had a few new registrations.  There have also been some updates to the website and tasks during this phase. 

Here are some adjustments that were made such as changing the points awarded for certain events and adding additional events. Things are changing fast so my apologies if I neglect to mention some change.
    • Verifying social media accounts reduced from 25 to 10 points
    • New Twitter tags, #Bemoin and #moinmovement
    • Tweet award reduced to 7 per tweet,1 every 24 hours (can get one award for each tag within that time)
    • New event type retweet , 8 points, 2 available every 24 hours
    • If retweets parent is part of the league then award original author bonus
    • Points for reddit post reduced from 25 to 15 points
    • New event type reddit comment , 8 points, 2 available every 24 hours
    • Similar bonus system to tweets and retweets, original author can gain points for comments
    • Activity in discord room #movementleague is now rewarded

Moin Movement League Payouts

I think this phase we can actually go straight off the outcome of the scores.  Cool!  I will go send out the MOIN after I am done posting this around.

Come Hang Out Or Get Help

As always feel free to stop by any of our communication channels if you need any assistance with the MOIN wallet, have an idea, or just want to hang out, http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

- Jookly

Interesting.

I had this idea of a cryptocurrency project, where people have a program/an app which they can download, create a wallet for ERC-20 tokens, as well as for other cryptocurrencies. Further more, they would be able to stake and run Nodes/Masternodes (if any) from that one app/desktop program.

I like the first option, sounds good. You can possibly do a partnership with ColossusXT. They aim to achieve decentralized Grid computing and storage. The Storage part is what you can use, imo.[/list]
    |Konstantin07

Activity: 154

View Profile
    August 20, 2018, 05:36:36 PM

the efforts of the MOIN project team were simply incredible, but what happened? I had high hopes for this project.
    B3TeC

Activity: 2

View Profile
    August 20, 2018, 07:07:33 PM

the efforts of the MOIN project team were simply incredible, but what happened? I had high hopes for this project.

we will start again soon 

be prepared Wink
    vella85

View Profile WWW
    August 20, 2018, 10:49:46 PM

we will start again soon 

be prepared Wink

The team are still working behind the scenes and now its up to the community on which direction MOIN should head in so be sure to vote at the top of this thread on which option you would all like to see which direction MOIN should go down.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
    Robust Crypto

View Profile
    August 25, 2018, 11:41:50 AM

Let's wait a bit more.
    vella85

View Profile WWW
    August 26, 2018, 11:34:49 PM

Let's wait a bit more.

All good things take time! I'm confident that MOIN will be a top project in the near future once the community decides on which direction they would like MOIN to go in, then the dev can get to work on the platform. While we wait the best thing to do is to stake and get as many MOIN as we can.

Robust Crypto

View Profile
    August 28, 2018, 01:15:36 PM

Let's wait a bit more.

All good things take time! I'm confident that MOIN will be a top project in the near future once the community decides on which direction they would like MOIN to go in, then the dev can get to work on the platform. While we wait the best thing to do is to stake and get as many MOIN as we can.

More devs would be nice.
    pwnsauce

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
    August 30, 2018, 11:33:04 PM

Let's swap to the new particl chain.  I have been with MOIN and ShadowCash/Particl for several years running nodes on both.  I would love to see MOIN reach the heights that Particl has, Forking there chain now, would be a great move!
    Jookly
    Legendary

View Profile
    September 03, 2018, 02:52:20 AM
    Last edit: September 03, 2018, 04:25:42 PM by Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #34

Here we are together. Update 34. Nice.  Let's just take a moment for a deep breath, enjoy a moment of pause...

Ok on to the update juice!

Option Number Two Looking Strong

Taking a look at the feedback and the poll on the bitcointalk thread it seems that option 2, which is to clone PART's codebase and swap MOIN to that new blockchain, has the most support.  If you missed the post with the options you can see it @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876 .  You can leave your input across any MOIN community communication channels http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html .  An final decision has not totally been made in this but it would seem we are on path for option 2.

Moin Movement League Phase 6

Phase 6 has concluded and I'm happy to announce that it saw the highest number of individual addresses participating thus far.  That number is 14.  Thanks to everyone who participates, if you aren't signed up yet you are never too late.  Head over to https://www.reddit.com/r/Moin/comments/96kaun/moinmovementnet_setup_guide_and_faq/ to check out payur's excellent description of how to register if you get confused.  Payouts for phase 6 will be sent once im done posting this update around.

Updated Moin Movement League Logo

Axlht has been kind enough to be working out a more elaborate and cool looking logo for our Moin Movement League.  I am proud to present to you the next iteration in that design.

Pretty sweet right?  He plans on making a more colorful or textured version but for now we figured this was a big enough improvement to share and put at the top of the moinmovement.net website.  Just one more step in the creation of this amazing community project.

Are You Moin Yet?

Do you find yourself wanting to connect with other people interested in MOIN?  We have several different communication channels you can connect with the community through and they are listed @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Until next time-
     - Jookly
    vella85

View Profile WWW
    September 03, 2018, 10:37:46 PM

Thanks for the update Jookly, I can't believe its update number 34 already, it feels like you just started doing this updates not long ago lol. It just goes to show how fast time goes by in crypto. In the update it doesn't say how long to go before the poll closes, Is there a time frame on when the poll will close? I really like the new Moin League logo, it looks Awesome! I look forward to the next update!

Jookly
    Legendary

View Profile
    September 16, 2018, 10:09:38 PM
    Last edit: October 02, 2018, 04:06:45 PM by Jookly

Fortnightly Sunday Update #35

Another two weeks already! Wow! Fall is just around the corner now.  Best wishes to everyone experiencing harsh weather on various parts of the globe.

I present for your consideration, update number 35.

Progress Forking PART Code

I am happy to report that KingCaper has been making progress with forking the PART codebase.  This is just one step in the most likely long overall process which will become the swap.  Certainly a lot more work to done across this process but there were many updates were I was not able to report this type of activity.  It is good to be moving.  Walk before you run.  Third generic encouragement line! Smiley

Moin Movement League Phase 7

If you don't know yet, you might soon.  That is the feeling I get about the moin movement right now.  Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Moin/comments/96kaun/moinmovementnet_setup_guide_and_faq/ if you need some basics.  Phase 7 saw another all time high in participation, both in number of users as well as overall social media activity.  Generally the website development is going well too.  I have been working towards introducing "contests", which should add a nice new element to the game.  Not much has actually changed on the website this week though.  I did notice one thing, which is that if a person has a private Twitter account the API does not have access to retrieve their tweets.  Something to keep in mind if you notice your tweets not getting counted.

Price Widget Teaser

Animation credits go to coffemaker for this improvement to the Moin price widget.

Severus is working on updating the existing price widget script to include this animation.  I just thought I'd share  little teaser of it in this update.

The Moindustrial Revolution

I want to give a special shout out to everyone out there creating original content for MOIN.  As some of you know this is a totally grass roots crypto currency project.  What will happen with MOIN is not up to any individual and everyone's influence is greatly felt and appreciated.  If you think you want to help or just feel like saying hello we have several different communication channels you can connect with the community through and they are listed @ http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

moin moin -
     - Jookly
    vella85

View Profile WWW
    September 17, 2018, 06:16:43 AM

Thanks once again Jookly for another MOIN update. Its nice to hear that KingCaper has been making progress forking the PART code base, we know that this will take some time but its good knowing that the work has started on this. Keep up the good work guys!

Jookly
    Legendary

View Profile
    October 02, 2018, 04:06:09 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #36

Yadayadatyada! Fresh update sliding into your consciousness. Straight from the world MOIN headquarters, to the hearts and minds of Moiners everywhere.  <3

It's update number 36 dontyaknow?!

Wallet Work Status

KingCaper successfully compiled the daemon and QT Wallet which will eventually become the base of our new PART codebase.  Still need to generate a new genesis block, MOINify the interface for the wallet.  Also still lots of planning steps to do and discussion to be had to nail down all the specifics of what we as a community would like to see happen through this upcoming process. More info in next section.

Discuss The Swap

It's a good time to talk about brainstorm and pick apart ideas you might have related to the swap.  This is OUR swap as a community so it is up to US to decide what we really want to do.  Don't be afraid of letting your ideas out.  How would you like to see the swap be handled in relation to our relationship we can have with the PART community?  Any creative ideas on how to increase interconnect among projects and communities.  I've seen suggestion of something like airdropping some MOIN to PART holders.  Get in to our social media channels and discuss whatever comes to mind.

Moin Movement League Phase 8

Going to keep the Moin Movement league update brief.  It's a little business as usual this round as in no real cool new features that I can show yet.  I have been still chipping away at the "Contest" module for the website. I think it will be fun to play with eventually.  Of course I will keep you up to date with my progress on that.  And I will be sending out the phase 8 rewards after I make this post.

Keep on Keepin

We are still a small community with a lot of potential.  It's really cool to have a group hanging out around MOIN, in the chats and whatnot, that is a legit pleasure to interact with.  I really encourage you to come and say hi.  Your new favorite chat room is just a few clicks away....   http://www.moinmovement.org/communicate.html

Have a good phase!
     - Jookly
    Jookly
    Legendary

View Profile
    October 02, 2018, 04:15:37 PM

Hey anyone that reads the MOIN update on bitcointalk. Sorry that the post was late on this platform.  I screwed up by editing the previous post instead of creating a new one on Sunday.... Doh! Corrected it now.
    vella85

View Profile WWW
    October 02, 2018, 10:58:03 PM

Thanks once again for the update Jookly.

I assume the swap will be 1:1?

I think an airdrop is a good idea to get people interested and excited about the swap. I have been apart of many swaps before and most go with a automatic swap but not sure how it will go with swapping to new chains so a manual swap might work here.

AfterLifeDaemon

Activity: 2

View Profile
    October 05, 2018, 12:58:52 AM

Glad to hear more news about the swap!

If there's an air drop for PART holders, would it come from the unswapped coins or would the supply be increased?
    A 1:1 swap isn't that great for MOIN holders if the supply notably increases.
    number37

Activity: 658
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    October 05, 2018, 10:21:48 AM

Cannot wait to see what future brings for MOIN… One of the hottest properties in the world of crypto, in my humble opinion…
    Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
      Print  

Jump to: