Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:42:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ?  (Read 173015 times)
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:26:04 PM

It is not easy to stay away from gambling if you are an addict
but I agree some advice here to block the gambling site in your browser or find a new hobby in your real life.
well of course it is not easy to stay away from it unfortunately though if you manage to find some other hobbies then it is possible to avoid it

Focusing on other activities can really help. Your time and energy will be taken by that new activity and you will have nothing left for gambling. If you keep doing that for a few weeks, you will eventually take out gambling off your system. It may take some time before it can fully get away from gambling but it can help.
That would help as you divert your attention into other things, gambling is very addicting and you can only get away or quit with it if you have something new that you would spend your time with, physical activities are really good as it will also give you big benefits living a healthy lifestyle.

Well I don't think a addicted person can really get out that easily in gambling well if a person is not really addicted with gambling maybe he can divert his attention with other things and if he is really that frustrated with gambling maybe there is a chance in turning out of gambling but a person that has a higher level with addiction I think that is he is truly have a difficult time getting away from gambling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
airsounds

Activity: 237
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:50:52 PM

but I agree some advice here to block the gambling site in your browser or find a new hobby in your real life.
well of course it is not easy to stay away from it unfortunately though if you manage to find some other hobbies then it is possible to avoid it

Focusing on other activities can really help. Your time and energy will be taken by that new activity and you will have nothing left for gambling. If you keep doing that for a few weeks, you will eventually take out gambling off your system. It may take some time before it can fully get away from gambling but it can help.

agreed. other activities may not give the same dopamine as gambling but its one ways to stay away from gambling
it is the one and only way to stay away from gambling yourself, if other hobbies do not help then you need to get some help from the doctors to quit it

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:05:31 PM

agreed. other activities may not give the same dopamine as gambling but its one ways to stay away from gambling
it is the one and only way to stay away from gambling yourself, if other hobbies do not help then you need to get some help from the doctors to quit it

I Think suggestions from a psychiatrist or psychologist are often needed if the level of addiction is really that high I think it is getting serious that is why you need to take action and gather information and help from a certain somebody who knows the stuff in getting rid of your addiction
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:44:02 PM

I Think suggestions from a psychiatrist or psychologist are often needed if the level of addiction is really that high I think it is getting serious that is why you need to take action and gather information and help from a certain somebody who knows the stuff in getting rid of your addiction

Maybe it was the right course of action, but I think the major actions or major factors that could make the addict quit gambling is support from someone she loved one or their families. because surely the family much closer and understand what there is in the the addict
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:03:21 PM

Professional help is needed when you looks like helpless or your family almost have done everything and thinks that you have a hopeless case of addiction... But if it is not yet that deep, and you could still think of quitting before everything gets worst, a simple counsel could help.

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:36:16 AM

every losers need psychiatrist suggestions , they couldn't afford to handle the stress. talking and sharing gambling problem to someone close with you also could very helpfull , it could let your problem go gradually. the point is do more often socializing.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
rampagejackson

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:24:42 AM

Just get another addiction like heroin or prostitutes to replace gambling with.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:38:28 AM

It will only worsen the person's situation. Sex and drugs addiction is just too much for this society already. A lot of people has that and they can't get away from it. Gambling only takes your time and your money, but those two that you have mentioned will suck up your morality. I've seen people change because of drugs. They isolate themselves from the people that he once called family. Sex addiction might not be seen as painful but, if the person is alone, he just can't control his urges and feel bad about himself but he will always do it again later.

Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:28:22 AM

That's hilarious... Who the heck in proper mind would do that? that's worst than gambling, heroin would ruin your brain and money along with family and prostitutes would ruin your health and your family too... That's not practical and that's just bonkers to think that it is a good way... Unless your life's been  on "sex and drugs and rock n' roll" with nobody that cares if you die...  Smiley
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:34:43 AM

That's hilarious... Who the heck in proper mind would do that? that's worst than gambling, heroin would ruin your brain and money along with family and prostitutes would ruin your health and your family too... That's not practical and that's just bonkers to think that it is a good way... Unless your life's been  on "sex and drugs and rock n' roll" with nobody that cares if you die...  Smiley

he is only trolling here.
nobody in his right mind will do such a thing, that would be soving a problem with creating another big problem for yourself.
people say substitute the addition with another activity but that other activity should be a constructive one not a destructive activity.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
rampagejackson

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:53:39 AM

I read in a book once, you're actually better going with both heroin and hookers. As the heroin helps your body fight off AIDS that the hookers will have.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:35:28 AM

nobody in his right mind will do such a thing, that would be soving a problem with creating another big problem for yourself.
people say substitute the addition with another activity but that other activity should be a constructive one not a destructive activity.
He might be not because our topic here is how to stay away in gambling and it has been stated earlier that in order to stay away you need to have some kind of interest to replace you gambling addiction so anything you can do may it destroy your life as long as not in the gambling where you can lose a lot of money.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:41:07 AM

He might be not because our topic here is how to stay away in gambling and it has been stated earlier that in order to stay away you need to have some kind of interest to replace you gambling addiction so anything you can do may it destroy your life as long as not in the gambling where you can lose a lot of money.

That's funny...  Cheesy But I think if you are going to make a resolution, it should be for your betterment and not for you to go worse than the previous...

I read in a book once, you're actually better going with both heroin and hookers. As the heroin helps your body fight off AIDS that the hookers will have.

You are just trolling here as the previous guy said right? But I commend for that sense of humor...  Smiley
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:44:28 AM

You are just kidding, right? To stay away with gambling, that person is looking to better his/her life and not go to another equally or more vices that makes a mess life.

The person who seek help out of addiction is looking for a healthy and clean life.
carriagehoodlum

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:47:12 AM

Stay away in a gambling is good choice but how to stay away from gambling.In my opinion stay away from gambling is not easy what you think they are studies about this but one step is look around and create a new hobby that you are enjoying like playing games, playing basketball with your friends and many more this step help you forget gambling but its depends on your scenario.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:49:57 AM

You are just kidding, right? To stay away with gambling, that person is looking to better his/her life and not go to another equally or more vices that makes a mess life.

The person who seek help out of addiction is looking for a healthy and clean life.
When considering the health hazard of those habits, gambling addiction is much far better to handle with. I never agree even with the habits of smoking or alcoholic drinking to get rid of gambling addiction. Dopes real human killers similar to slow poisons. Never go for that. It is equal and to suicide. Instead of  it, you may continue your gambling at least your life may be secured.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:02:36 AM

When considering the health hazard of those habits, gambling addiction is much far better to handle with. I never agree even with the habits of smoking or alcoholic drinking to get rid of gambling addiction. Dopes real human killers similar to slow poisons. Never go for that. It is equal and to suicide. Instead of  it, you may continue your gambling at least your life may be secured.
Some people might injure themselves because of too much drug intake but drugs doesn't necessarily make people commit suicide. There are tons of drug users out there that died but not most of them are because they committed suicide. Once you have no more money to buy drugs, it will only kill you mentally. In any case, gambling addiction is still better than drugs and prostitutes.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:57:32 PM

just stop it and don't touch it again
Yup, this is the simple and perfect answer. Stop playing and don't see gambling site anymore. But this is not easy for real gamblers. They don't have control over their emotions. So I think they can take help from family members and also they need some prescriptions from doctors. And more importantly they have to control on their minds otherwise staying out from gambling is not easy.

Absolutely he can easily say and do that one because i think he isn't a gambler who gets addicted to it. But if he can experience also what op experience i think he will also surely ask for any advice  on how to stop
mirakal
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1290

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:23:59 PM

Yup, this is the simple and perfect answer. Stop playing and don't see gambling site anymore. But this is not easy for real gamblers. They don't have control over their emotions. So I think they can take help from family members and also they need some prescriptions from doctors. And more importantly they have to control on their minds otherwise staying out from gambling is not easy.

Absolutely he can easily say and do that one because i think he isn't a gambler who gets addicted to it. But if he can experience also what op experience i think he will also surely ask for any advice  on how to stop
I have been gambling for decades now and I have to be honest that I have a losing record overall but that would not make me stop in gambling. What I did is I strive hard to earn more money so I have something to use in gambling when I like it, maybe I am just lucky I was able to control myself in gambling which others lack.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:27:48 PM

If a gambler is addicted, it is not easy to say no to things that he is addicted to, just like those drug addicts, its hard for them to turn away from their vice, sometimes they go to a rehabilitation center to be cured, same as in gambling, if you are addicted to it, rehabilitation would be needed or if you want to do it your self, you would need a good research and the support of your family.

Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: