Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:01:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:52:31 PM

Gambling is addicting because it let many people think that they can earn a lot of money with it in a fast way which that is not true because you are losing more money than you win.
And many people dont realize that and that have to change otherwise they will become poor.

I believe that a lot of gambler knows that they are losing more than they win. However, they still come back to gamble. It is a form of entertainment to them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:24:05 PM

Gambling is addicting because it let many people think that they can earn a lot of money with it in a fast way which that is not true because you are losing more money than you win.
And many people dont realize that and that have to change otherwise they will become poor.
gambling always gives you the possibility to become rich in a short time. you can get a big profit in a short time in gambling. it makes a lot of people interested in gambling and playing it. so that's why they always play and become addicts because they want to get rich or big profits. This in the underlying because of greedy

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:22:07 PM

Well I am not addicted  to gambling but is just fun when you win.
Even I am not addicted I can't stop playing.
I am saying that I just don't play every day maybe 1 time in a month

Yeah, the joy of winning can definitely lure you back in again and again and again. But it's more so of the butt clenching moment that you have when the bet is being processed by the server.

The thrill of gambling is what makes gambling so addictive.
Not only the joy of winning but also the lossing making you pissed off will also keep you coming back again and again chasing your losses.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:46:05 PM

Yeah, the joy of winning can definitely lure you back in again and again and again. But it's more so of the butt clenching moment that you have when the bet is being processed by the server.

The thrill of gambling is what makes gambling so addictive.
Not only the joy of winning but also the lossing making you pissed off will also keep you coming back again and again chasing your losses.
If you are indiscipline person and you enter gambling then you would really experience the worst, because of your attitude you become greedy and you are not contented of your winning and coming back again, the worst thing is when your lose and then you chase your bets because of your pride that you will not stop with a losing money.

Most likely it will lead you to disaster if you are doing like this especially when the money involved is huge.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:49:59 PM

gambling is a risky game. gambling have two choices, win or lose. and if someone had won gambling then he will continue to play gambling until he lost his entire estate. I make sure gambling addiction will be very difficult to remove. gambling is so incredible impact on our mental stability.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:12:30 AM

gambling is a risky game. gambling have two choices, win or lose. and if someone had won gambling then he will continue to play gambling until he lost his entire estate. I make sure gambling addiction will be very difficult to remove. gambling is so incredible impact on our mental stability.

Exactly, as gamblers we need to understand that gambling is about winning and losing, if we only want to win then we would not be successful in gambling, instead we will become addicted and without control in gambling. Anything that promises big amount of money that can be won is addicting.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:21:04 AM

Be thankful if you are not addicted in gambling, for if we experience the addiction then we will always be dependent on it, and if we don't do this for some reason then we will automatically be forced to do so in various ways.
Me myself has been addicted with gambling when I was a newbie because I thought I could make an easy money out from gambling, maybe because I don't have a stable job that time and I only earn a little amount and was tempted to do stupid things thinking gambling could solve my problem but I was wrong with my decision because instead of making money I am losing a lot of money and wasted my time and effort. But that was life, the most important is we learn from our experience and promise not to do it again.

It is good you realized your mistake before you are really in a very deep trouble. It is different when you caught it early because you can easily stop gambling. But if you are on a stage when you are really addicted to it, you cannot easily get away from it. You will need professional help before you can stop gambling addiction.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:20:53 AM

Why is gambling so addicting?

Simple ans is to get quick and instant money
but there are many others who play for fun

Well that is your opinion why gambling are very addicted but for me I think gambling is addicted because of it's simplicity and bitcoin gambling is totally gonna be easy, fun, and because of anonymity of it, it can not be detected by the government that is why many people are getting hooked in bitcoin gambling.  
Regardless of what method we use to gamble it is still addicting, even without bitcoins we will find a way to gamble due to our addiction to it. It becomes worst due to bitcoin we can easily access and play on gambling sites.

Yup! that are mostly the problems of each gambler when it comes to bitcoin gambling it has a easy access part that all ages can play and access it most of the time kids can now play gambling with bitcoin if they had bitcoin, kids now a days can access internet very easy.
Finestream

Activity: 2968
Merit: 603

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:29:54 PM

Well that is your opinion why gambling are very addicted but for me I think gambling is addicted because of it's simplicity and bitcoin gambling is totally gonna be easy, fun, and because of anonymity of it, it can not be detected by the government that is why many people are getting hooked in bitcoin gambling.  
Regardless of what method we use to gamble it is still addicting, even without bitcoins we will find a way to gamble due to our addiction to it. It becomes worst due to bitcoin we can easily access and play on gambling sites.

Yup! that are mostly the problems of each gambler when it comes to bitcoin gambling it has a easy access part that all ages can play and access it most of the time kids can now play gambling with bitcoin if they had bitcoin, kids now a days can access internet very easy.
Even kids not can play in gambling as most of the online gambling sites does not have a KYC policy, you can hide your age and your legitimacy. This is a big challenge for the parents out there that you need to keep an eye of your children that are still minors because they are prone to be addicted in gambling once they tried it due to their immature decision making that would lead them to experience the negative effect in gambling.

BitsandBites

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:05:09 PM

I dont think people are getting it why is gambling so addicting it is not that it is realy addicting but it is that there are so many people who cant believe that they have lost allot of money and simply thinks that they can earn it back by coming back every time but they will lose allot more.
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 03:41:52 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
Gambling is so addicting because people keep thinking that they are some day going to win the jackpot. The chance is small of happening but they keep believing in it.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:56:37 AM

Well the fact that you want to make your money in a short period of time is making you want to gamble and earn BTC fast. That was my own opinion .
if you want to get BTC quickly, you must follow the double bitcoin. but also you have to be prepared to lose the BTC because almost all sites double bitcoin ultimately scam. many ways to get BTC, not just gambling.
Galiatram

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:31:21 AM

|I dont think gambling is that addicted but there are allot of people in this world who are really addicted to it because the only thing they think about is money and they think they can earn allot with gambling its called gambling so what are they thinking XD
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:40:11 AM

Even kids not can play in gambling as most of the online gambling sites does not have a KYC policy, you can hide your age and your legitimacy. This is a big challenge for the parents out there that you need to keep an eye of your children that are still minors because they are prone to be addicted in gambling once they tried it due to their immature decision making that would lead them to experience the negative effect in gambling.

Well most of the time the parents are the one that encouraging their kids to try out every nuke and cranny in the internet they are not aware that gambling sites are very addicting for them, they are thinking that these sites are really for kids and because of the design and easiness to access these sites they would think that it is good for kids.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:11:40 AM

Well most of the time the parents are the one that encouraging their kids to try out every nuke and cranny in the internet they are not aware that gambling sites are very addicting for them, they are thinking that these sites are really for kids and because of the design and easiness to access these sites they would think that it is good for kids.

Are you sure about this? I dont think a parent will encourage the kid to try out gambling etc. Unless it is about talking math calculation, otherwise i really dont see such a point.
nitammys

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:17:46 AM

|I dont think gambling is that addicted but there are allot of people in this world who are really addicted to it because the only thing they think about is money and they think they can earn allot with gambling its called gambling so what are they thinking XD
Yes when gambling is all about money, then it will addict any gambler. But when you are gambling only for fun, the chances of gambling addiction is very less.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:24:44 AM

Exactly, as gamblers we need to understand that gambling is about winning and losing, if we only want to win then we would not be successful in gambling, instead we will become addicted and without control in gambling. Anything that promises big amount of money that can be won is addicting.

No any thing that promises a big amount to be won is not called as addiction, as there are a lot of ways available which promises to win a big amount of money and they are also from the government and from our business also and also from our hard work, so how can our hard work an addiction?
and for gambling , I will say it is a source of entertainment and it promises for a good entertainment.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1698

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:42:34 AM

No any thing that promises a big amount to be won is not called as addiction, as there are a lot of ways available which promises to win a big amount of money and they are also from the government and from our business also and also from our hard work, so how can our hard work an addiction?
and for gambling , I will say it is a source of entertainment and it promises for a good entertainment.

Well any website claiming to "Gaurantee" you alot of money is most likely a scam. Gambling is different because its not a HYIP scheme but its more based on luck.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:49:31 AM

Yes when gambling is all about money, then it will addict any gambler. But when you are gambling only for fun, the chances of gambling addiction is very less.

It actually depends on how you define addiction. I have friends who are considered 'addicted' top gambling as they will go oversea every month just to gamble. However, they control themselves and spent within their limitation.
soyab0007

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:18:34 AM

if we only want to win then we would not be successful in gambling, instead we will become addicted and without control in gambling. Anything that promises big amount of money that can be won is addicting.

Well said.. Greed of quick money push us to invest in gambling
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: