Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:35:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: █▓▒░-< [ZPOOL.CA][BTC Multipool] The miners multipool >-░▒▓█ Paid 925+ BTC  (Read 217624 times)
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 06:03:55 PM

Question;  is anyone here using a single antminer S7 on this pool by itself?  If so;  whats the average daily, weekly or monthly earnings?   A conservative or real number is fine;  I am just wanting to compare to my estimates I have in my head after lots of math back and forth;  plus after testing with multiple rentals beforehand.....  Even better if you have a link to your wallet page to view TX history and compare to my test runs.

Thanks!

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
tmpwhore

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:21:27 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 07:09:06 PM by tmpwhore

I have one of my s7's on there as a test. I'll see what I can do but if you look at my last post there are problems with the stratum server dumping everyone then getting stuck at 64 difficulty instead of 16.4K minimum. I'll try to do some calculations if I can later but who knows if it will be accurate as I can't sit by my miner 24/7 manually re-connecting everytime the stratum server goes tits up. Now next time it happens I'm going to wait 10 mins to see if it corrects its self or is stuck still at 64 difficulty. If it takes like 5-10 mins to sort itself out thats lost mining time, it could add up to an hour in a 24 hour period who knows, I'll post if it corrects itself and how long it takes and what impact on earnings. Who knows you may actually be killing 5% off your earnings if it's happening every few hours. I'll keep a log if possible on what time it happens if I can I got clients today so I can't sit in front of it all day. Maybe at night. So far it's very very close to what it claims it's paying as long as it working.

1st death: 1 hour 7 mins from last death at start of test.  1:41pm EST  <----Leaving for 10 mins to see if it lives again. Hashrate on site tanked. S7 running at 3 Th/s instead of 4.73 due to crazy difficulty. Looks like one of the 3 boards is idling. Ok 7 mins in, difficulty increased to 4.61K. One of the boards is still idling so I'll reconnect to fix for now, go see a client, and check out next time it goes tits up. If it keeps doing this I recommend NOT using the S7 on this pool until the stratum server restarting issue is fixed. Unless you are manually reconnecting when it dies.
2nd death: 11 mins 13 secs later after manual reconnect(wow) 2:02pm EST. <----- I'll stay on the pool but needless to say unless your manually restarting the server I would steer away from this pool until it's sorted out. I'll try and do some more tests tonight. Too bad it actually is paying well today. One good piece of info is that all the boards are running and it reconnected slightly faster. Hashrate on site tanked but recovering quickly.
'
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 07:31:24 PM

I have one of my s7's on there as a test.

Even with the issues;  that would be excellent to know what it is bringing in each day; roughly.   Its a real-world number;  not a calculation based off fictitious info... kind-of what i'm after.

I am working a deal with a guy that bought an S7, but he only ran it for 3-6 days because of the noise and he wants to punt it my way for a nice price.

I am one of the lucky blokes that has a free connection to a 20A circuit;  so I am trying to utilize it as much as possible but still have enough power to run the rest of the stuff I use everyday.   I know by the math my circuit can just barely handle every bit of equipment I plan to run including the S7 Wink

But as far as real-world profitability;  I will be using that to judge how long it will take to get enough generated to buy a bulk of power storage and finally hook up the stock of solar panels I have access to; to keep it running "off the grid" so to speak.  I am working on a crazy design for a nearly-zero cost power generation system that isn't "solar dependent" and incorporates things like generators on petroleum products or HHO, power backup banks, etc....  

But I would be taking things a step further by making my own petroleum to burn from debris and natural resources that are definitely abundant in my area.  If you want to know more on this;  look on youtube on how to build a still to manufacture your own crude.  Its mind-numbingly simple, and opens peoples eyes as to why oil collects where it does;  where it comes from, etc.  Just takes the effort.   With a proper plan in place;  running my farm will be a nice manner of living if the whole cryptocurrency thing doesn't die a horrible death.

I am also one of the people that is eagerly waiting for Tesla to begin selling the home-battery systems.   That would cut the costs of the power storage side of my system significantly.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

tmpwhore

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:22:51 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 09:56:33 PM by tmpwhore

Like I said I'll see what I can do, I'm a computer tech so I have a lot of shit on my plate. This pool isn't "bad" , in fact I like it, nice and simple interface payouts very close to claimed, etc. It just has a few stratum server issues that I'm sure will be worked out eventually. I got another S7 coming. When it comes I'll stick that on the pool as well as a comparison when the stratum server reboots to see if it has the same issues. I have my Dad's S7 running on antpool and he usually gets around the .015-.020 per day mark depending on the luck.

According to my current calculations I should receive around 0.01902072 today roughly(probably slightly higher), that's including all the stratum drops. Extrapolated over a 4 hour mining time. 100% luck you should be getting around .016 at current bitcoin difficulty. I'll try and hang in there for 24 hours and see whats up. I'll report the times it goes dead so the developers can look in the server logs.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 10:01:13 PM

I'll try and hang in there for 24 hours and see whats up

Awesome!   Thanks for sharing.   Ill be sure to comment my numbers as well when I hook up my S7 the first month or two.   After it does good on its own for that time;  Ill roll it into my main mining account because I wont care too much about seeing its profitability separate from my other devices.  I just need to resist the urge to point it at CK's solo pool Wink

With my 5TH rentals;  I was typically seeing ~.018 to .028/day ±  which spanned lucky and unlucky.... Which seems to line up pretty close to what you are saying;  after factoring in the fact that nicehash's speed throttler is always plus or minus from the requested hashrate.  Typically I saw .023/day with counting the earnings yet to be paid out.

My S3 consistently is bringing around .0018-.002 a day;  and when the pool is lucky;  it gets close to .003;  but those days are few and far between.

All of my earnings are shown in BTC by the way =)

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

socjolog2008

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 11:25:02 PM

Hello , please tell me why you do not do DASH Withdraws ?
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 11:42:50 PM

It has been discussed many times.

They can only pay out as much as we mine here.   So if we have LOT of people requesting DASH as a payout;  we need to mine enough to TX it to them; and payments get delayed until enough DASH is mined to pay out the next round of TX...

The pool doesn't buy/exchange to other coins to distribute;  we only distribute mined coins;  or whats sent to the exchange for BTC.  This cuts down on fees drastically.  

Crackfoo will correct me if I am wrong in my thoughts/knowledge.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

tmpwhore

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:03:13 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 07:26:33 AM by tmpwhore

8H14mins since last stratum drop. Fixed? Smiley If so whoo hooo hats off to the zpool team. The only thing we need now is a way to manually set difficulty for SHA256. I tried d=16384 in the password and it just rejects the shares. Right now my miner is running 23.3K difficulty which is a little too high for maximum hashrate so I'm off by like .5 Th/s avg, especially when you're coin switching so much. Also I would consider moving out the payout times to every 4 or even 6 hours or even better make it user definable by balance. There is a huge backlog of unconfirmed/unexchanged and it's reducing the total payouts to under what is reporting in the profitability chart. But all in all so far so good.

EDit: Stratum drop 10:20pm EST 8H 23M mins since last one also I noticed it only killed maybe 80% of the miners and it reconnected much faster at the original difficulty rate of 23.3K then went down to 64 for a few minutes before climbing back up....getting better but its definitely cutting into earnings.

Stratum drop 10:45pm 25 mins since last drop. it only affects the SHA256 protocol all the others are still at the same hashrate. Like I said I'll tough it out for 24 hours. I've never seen such a wonky stratum server in the years I've been mining. I hope they can nail down WTF is going on. Its really killing earnings, I'm guessing with the exception of the 8 hours if it happens this frequently you're probably losing 5-10% per day in server outages. Makes it not worth being on the pool unless the payout is a minimum of .040 or so. Considering this is a new pool I'd say they did rather a great job since the only wonky protocol is SHA256. After 24 hours I'll go back to antpool with my other miners and check back every few days or so and see if the last bit gets sorted out.

11:59 pm EST Stratum server restart.

12:48 am EST Stratum restart. Noticed that the difficulty didn't go screwy however work done wasn't being registered by site. Manual re-connect.

1:25am EST. Tits up again. I figure I was wrong on that 8H14 mins run. I wasn't around to see when it died or not and going by my monitoring around 10pm when I got home. The stratum server dumps everyone an average of about every hour with around 6-12 minutes to reconnect properly and shares to be counted again. After 24hrs I'm going to count up what I've made but according to the stats it's not looking good. I'll stop reporting stratum stops there are too many to count. Every 30-60 mins

The website claims around .048 per terahash. Because of the server issues I'm averaging around the 4 th\s mark instead of around 4.7 on my S7 so .048 x 4 is .0192000 which is not bad. However according to my balance sheet since 10:30 AM this morning to 1:30 AM which is about 14 hours I'm made including a payout and immature I've made only 0.00835485. 0.00835485 divided by 14 is 0.000596775 per hour avg.

So 0.000596775 x 24 is 0.0143226 which is around the %92 luck range or 0.003047361 per TH\s for me which is a far cry from the .0048 claimed by the site. If we give them the benefit of the doubt and divide it by 4 Th/s which is my avg on this site because of the stratum issues we are still only getting 0.00358065 per th/s which is still way lower than the .0048 claimed. At 10:30 tomorrow morning I'm going to change to another pool then wait a good 30 mins or more before the final count just to give the site the benefit of the doubt in case there are a few coins still uncounted or there is a bit of a lag before I make my final judgement. It seems the other protocols are doing just fine so it might be a matter that if you're on SHA256 don't bother with this pool untill they can work out the bugs. I've already noticed the re-connection rate is alot faster than it used to be so that's a good sign.

AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:32:50 AM

There have been some recent changes to the stratum code in the tpruvot yiimp - yaamp branch for handling decred. I wonder is this has has a knock on effect on the sha256 stability? It's wasn't behaving like that a month ago.
Also would be interesting to see what sort of profitability ratings you get on hashpower.co for comparison. It wouldn't be fair to compare against zpool at this point due to the sha256 drop outs (hashpower seems stable at the moment), but they mine a similar set of fast coins, so would help determine whether it's worth pointing a large amount of hash at the sha256 port. I don't mine BTC directly anymore as 65 GH/s no longer cuts it since the difficulty skyrocketed!

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:08:29 AM

It has been discussed many times.

They can only pay out as much as we mine here.   So if we have LOT of people requesting DASH as a payout;  we need to mine enough to TX it to them; and payments get delayed until enough DASH is mined to pay out the next round of TX...

The pool doesn't buy/exchange to other coins to distribute;  we only distribute mined coins;  or whats sent to the exchange for BTC.  This cuts down on fees drastically.  

Crackfoo will correct me if I am wrong in my thoughts/knowledge.

Thought crackfoo had topped up short coins recently. The system is currently 9.5 short of dash, around 3 blocks now. We will not get any dash payments whilst people are mining it faster than blocks are found.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
tmpwhore

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:57:38 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 10:29:06 AM by tmpwhore

Like I said I'm going to give the pool the maximum benefit of the doubt. It's already connecting much faster when it craps out so that's a bonus. I have a feeling the profitability chart is a bit off though. This could be due to the previous 6-10 min reconnect time. Who knows, but numbers don't lie. I find out tomorrow morning and report the earnings. I may even go another day or two to compare. The site is fairly new so it just needs some tweaking probably.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 09:12:06 AM

There have been some recent changes to the stratum code in the tpruvot yiimp - yaamp branch for handling decred. I wonder is this has has a knock on effect on the sha256 stability? It's wasn't behaving like that a month ago.
Also would be interesting to see what sort of profitability ratings you get on hashpower.co for comparison. It wouldn't be fair to compare against zpool at this point due to the sha256 drop outs (hashpower seems stable at the moment), but they mine a similar set of fast coins, so would help determine whether it's worth pointing a large amount of hash at the sha256 port. I don't mine BTC directly anymore as 65 GH/s no longer cuts it since the difficulty skyrocketed!

The problem did start not terribly long ago.

I notice my antminer's green light turn off... no beeps...  but I think its seeing a USB disconnect on the controller board.

I have my S3 on a user set diff of 1000.  When I get my S7, ill manually set it the same way to be sure that it is indeed a problem with setting that difficulty.

Take this next one with a grain of salt, because I am either mining on a satellite connection, or most-likely a cellular connection which is my main.  Less lag... anyways, yeah... grain of salt....
Another thing I noticed with other algos;  I have to request a diff for each one.  I keep noticing when I am running a diff assigned to me; it keeps getting higher and higher till I get maybe one or two hashes submitted before the next block;  and it really hits me when I see my daily averages.  After I finally find a good diff to set the new algo to, I see the normal share every few seconds as well as a more linear and consistent earnings chart.

By far compared to working with other pools;  this one has me in.   I am still getting a reasonable expected and consistent profit with SHA256 gear;  dispite the issues im having with what I ultimately believe to be my s3's main controller... or power surges in my rural area.  I have killed a many of PSU on antminers and gridseed units.   Most of them were fried from surges.  Just a few fried from me running them at 95%+ of their capable output wattage.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:44:13 AM

You can set a custom difficulty using the d= parameter, but there is hard code in the stratum process that will override that if you hit over 600 share submits a minute. Automatic difficult should aim for 10 shares a second, but the adjustment period seems rather slow. Not found the code for that yet (I really miss linux and grep!)

Code:
void client_adjust_difficulty(YAAMP_CLIENT *client)
{
if(client->difficulty_remote)
{
client_change_difficulty(client, client->difficulty_remote);
return;
}

if(client->shares_per_minute > 600)
client_change_difficulty(client, client->difficulty_actual*4);

else if(client->difficulty_fixed)
return;

else if(client->shares_per_minute > 25)
client_change_difficulty(client, client->difficulty_actual*2);

else if(client->shares_per_minute > 20)
client_change_difficulty(client, client->difficulty_actual*1.5);

else if(client->shares_per_minute <  5)
client_change_difficulty(client, client->difficulty_actual/2);
}

tmpwhore

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:44:31 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 04:20:10 PM by tmpwhore

K guys I'm giving up after 20 hours. I'm sick of the beeping every half an hour when the stratum server croaks. I'll work out what the value is based on 20 hours compared to the claimed .0048 per th/s rate.

edit: K final tally...After 20 hours(didn't make it to 24)

Total payouts: 0.01015729
Remaining unpaid including unconfirmed: 0.00156051
Total after 20 hours of mining: 0.01171780
Divided by 20 hours: 0.00058589 per hour
Times 24 hours: 0.01406136 per day(not even 100% luck at my full hashrate 4.7)
Divided by avg hashrate of 4 Th/s: 0.00351534 per Th/s per day(around the 100% luck straight bitcoin mark)

Claimed rate by site: .0048 per th/s
Claimed rate times rated speed of my miner per day: 0.02256
Claimed rate times avg speed on site per day: 0.0192

Actual rate: .00351534
Actual rate per day at rated speed: 0.016522098
Actual rate per day avg speed: 0.01406136

Percentage of actual rate vs claimed: 73%
Percentage of error from claimed to actual: 27%

So there you have it gentleman there is a 27% reduction(holy fuck) in what the payrate is claimed by the site and what is actually coming in. Is it because of the lost hashrate due to server crashes? Is it just a miscalculation on the site? Who knows but for now I'll steer clear until they sort out the issues. I hope they get it sorted out I like this pool. But for SHA256 I would highly recommend staying away for now. Hell even nice hash would have been a better rate. I'll try the pool again in a week and see if it's ok.

AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:49:52 PM

K guys I'm giving up after 20 hours. I'm sick of the beeping every half an hour when the stratum server croaks. I'll work out what the value is based on 20 hours compared to the claimed .0048 per th/s rate.

edit: K final tally...After 20 hours(didn't make it to 24)

Total payouts: 0.01015729
Remaining unpaid including unconfirmed: 0.00156051
Total after 20 hours of mining: 0.01171780
Divided by 20 hours: 0.00058589 per hour
Times 24 hours: 0.01406136 per day(not even 100% luck at my full hashrate 4.7)
Divided by avg hashrate of 4 Th/s: 0.00351534 per Th/s per day(around the 100% luck straight bitcoin mark)

Claimed rate by site: .0048 per th/s
Claimed rate times rated speed of my miner per day: 0.02256
Claimed rate times avg speed on site per day: 0.0192

Actual rate: .00351534
Actual rate per day at rated speed: 0.016522098
Actual rate per day avg speed: 0.01406136

Percentage of actual rate vs claimed: 73%
Percentage of error from claimed to actual: 27%

So there you have it gentleman there is a 27% reduction(holy fuck) in what the payrate is claimed by the site and what is actually coming in. Is it because of the lost hashrate due to server crashes? Is it just a miscalculation on the site? Who knows but for now I'll steer clear until they sort out the issues. I hope they get it sorted out I like this pool. But for SHA256 I would highly recommend staying away for now. Hell even nice hash would have been a better rate. I'll try the pool again in a week and see if it's ok.

The 80% maximum shares bug definitely appears to be a thing. I tried testing by solo-mining blake with some cards for a while; once I found a block, it cleared all shares from the last miner (who probably stopped mining more than 24 hours ago) and set my share to 80% when it should be 100% (or 98% if fees are subtracted).

Pics:

Will definitely keep my estimates for this pool lowered for the time being; basically need to account for a 20% pool fee at the moment.

EDIT: Uhh, then this happened (solo-mined all these blocks).

So 74.97%? That's not 100% either. In fact, it's not even 80%.

Try the same test against hashpower.co yaamp pool for comparison.

I would like to see these issues resolved because this could be one of the best pools to use. Since crackfoo seems to have enough capability to add POS payout coins, I'm sure he is capable of getting to the bottom of this issue and resolving it.

AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:57:36 PM

Raised some of the issues found on github. Looks like we will have to agree to disagree, but don't expect any great developments on the trading side on this branch.

https://github.com/tpruvot/yiimp/issues/11

crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 05:06:36 PM

Raised some of the issues found on github. Looks like we will have to agree to disagree, but don't expect any great developments on the trading side on this branch.

Yes, it's not his focus. I'm starting to work with another dev for those aspects. re-write of stratum code as well as the shares/credit & exchanging. Both need a lot of work.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:14:17 PM

Yes, it's not his focus. I'm starting to work with another dev for those aspects. re-write of stratum code as well as the shares/credit & exchanging. Both need a lot of work.

Interesting. The trading side of things is my area of expertise, and I have done proof of concept work on a cross exchange trading platform and algorithmic trading. As good as yiimp/yaamp is, the payout in BTC, or any coin we mine enough of concept is rather limiting. People would love to have payout in any coin (ETH, etc). There is always exchange movement risk in the current market dumping model due to the maturity time. Wouldn't it be great if people could choose their own exchange algorithm? Some algorithms may take days to execute, so it would not be to everyone's taste, so they could choose the quick dump algorithm instead. Unfortunately, I think that would require a complete redesign and re-write.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 08:34:46 PM

FWIW; I mostly mine with sha256 on this account;  and am typically seeing ~3.5mbtc/day.   Without any major exchange bonuses/luck; today I am at 5.3mbtc in the last 24....

So something seems different.

Definitely a pleasant surprise.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Wondering what is happening with SYS?

http://www.zpool.ca/site/block?id=390

Sys (SYS)   10h ago   774743   0      11323.201784   19050.360434   29987e1e4fdf15f8a91b883c9b97287d75d0eba2d695f3b91bf9db37b8888e8a
   Sys (SYS)   46h ago   772647   0      13586.81767   14172.328586   04c90b7debf61b67f1c792effb09733d4dd8dcf6cc75e3af2eab5f2fd50f44a4
   Sys (SYS)   2d ago   772323   0      13777.677919   21117.379022   2d246dd6b02a8fd1a086ef0d00c8dc4679687f4c3137aad7e914ee0bd3002643
   Sys (SYS)   2d ago   771375   0      11144.126457   26051.517774   14aa873745a8d1b1da6e45e3eaf7a2090c456e5f8b5301f7151a9008fd5b59f4
   Sys (SYS)   3d ago   769764   0      12858.833307   20214.728538   4564772a782c54ec16b651c635766837f2c0365d0c40e6d651cad93f00ef8fc0
   Sys (SYS)   6d ago   766426   0   Orphan   14316.816427   14753.143702   84141e1ae237116cefbbf6c658ef3e7336c8671a9d6bcf050b13f623a5fafe2b
   Sys (SYS)   4w ago   727928   96.02651125   Confirmed   12925.939025   23113.273475   0f1441defaffeda3a47d7fed2995fd02eaa05bfc4f4d710f442a8c2611e1020f
   Sys (SYS)   4w ago   727895   96.02652462   Confirmed   12531.480441   1204859.627295   92b4e6033bfb2ed69ccbb87d300c187b7a01b47498cd86ab0fcdf596f0e29442

I've had a large outstanding balance for well over a month now. I only intended to mine a small amount of SYS, but was mining it when that crazy creva exchange luck kicked in, so ended up with rather a lot. Unfortunately the short count seems to be rising as it seems people just don't want to stop mining red coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: