Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:07:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: █▓▒░-< [ZPOOL.CA][BTC Multipool] The miners multipool >-░▒▓█ Paid 925+ BTC  (Read 217622 times)
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:05:35 AM

zpool started off on one machine and is now running on 3. The stratum server has only the stratum and front end/db processes running on 8 core Xeon , 32gb ram & ssds. Coins are split up over 2 machines, each, 12 core Xeons, 64 gb, just not on SSD's simply because bitcoin is an ass of a blockchain and the SSD's weren't big enough to be comfortable especially in a RAID configuration. None of them swap out at all and carry a load of ~0.4, ~15-20% CPU usage and ~30% RAM usage. All housed within the same data center.

ulimits have been adjusted way out to 102400 and a couple of the stratums use ~50k of the limit.

They appear to handle it without issue... but I wouldn't be surprised if there is something with the threading...

Ouch, that must cost a bit to run. Sounds like there is plenty of CPU and RAM overhead. I don't know how the wallet processes work internally, but it makes me wonder if a slow RPC response is because the wallet is busy on disk activity. I run an SSD cache, but that is easily overwhelmed with blockchain data. It maybe the case that a sudden surge of disk activity is causing the slow rpc response, even if it looks like the disks can easily handle the data over time.
So it is probably the stratum processes that need to be looked at. I don't find it easy to follow (it is more C than C++), but perhaps a slow rpc response causes a lot of client connections to back up on a mutex? It sounds like rather than resetting it should probably be rejecting stale shares in such circumstances, but that really is beyond my knowledge at the moment.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:12:05 AM

so... its normally working balls-to-the-wall 24/7... And surprisingly Win10 has been super stable and keeping uptimes well past a month with no issues at all.

Same here, Win10 is remarkably stable (unless a dodgy update comes out which is quickly patched). No issues at all? Thankfully, not had the start menu not working bug for a while, but recently the start menu programs have all fucked up, so now all I can do is add the start menu programs as a toolbar.  Sad

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Mashugina71

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:33:21 AM

Why is Qubit algo mining UNITUS? It is not on any exchange and therefore worthless

MOJOcoin 15% pure PoS | Rokos OS | IoT | TOR
Website | Roadmap | Blockexplorer | Facebook | Twitter | Slack
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 02:47:51 AM

Ive been running into issues specifically with SSD drives;

The system goes all ham and locks up until it does some crazy hacking to the SSD drive.   Happens after a bunch of large file downloads/transfers, and deletions.

The only way to make this behavior go away is to do a deep level format using a special tool; and "start over" with the SSD so to speak.

When the system locks up;  its almost as if it is trying to write cached data that has piled up.   Happens while downloading torrents;  or playing videos over the course of 30min+.  The videos are 300Mb 30 min shows;  or 1Gb 60 min shows;  so they arent all that demanding on the drive...

but this is a problem I have gotten every SSD ive tried so far; to do.  Its rather annoying to have to earase and reload an image;  only to find out i need to reconfigure everything in the OS again to my new configs.  They can be anywhere from a 15 sec delay to 1 min before the HDD activity light stops hacking like crazy and the system works as it should again.

My high-speed hub isnt where I live;  so I download there;  and xfer it to my PC at home....   Sometimes Ill do 36Gb stints/day depending on how well the connection is working and how many people are eating up my bandwidth =P  The node for my parents' neighborhood has no FAP/restrictions on it;  as well as a smaller population density sharing the node.

This kind of mass input/deletion with large filesizes is normally a super bad thing to do to an SSD;  as per the manufacturers.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 04:30:00 AM

I noticed the SHA disconnects increasing in frequency today... anyone else see the same?

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 11:36:02 AM

Ive been running into issues specifically with SSD drives;

The system goes all ham and locks up until it does some crazy hacking to the SSD drive.   Happens after a bunch of large file downloads/transfers, and deletions.

The only way to make this behavior go away is to do a deep level format using a special tool; and "start over" with the SSD so to speak.

When the system locks up;  its almost as if it is trying to write cached data that has piled up.   Happens while downloading torrents;  or playing videos over the course of 30min+.  The videos are 300Mb 30 min shows;  or 1Gb 60 min shows;  so they arent all that demanding on the drive...

but this is a problem I have gotten every SSD ive tried so far; to do.  Its rather annoying to have to earase and reload an image;  only to find out i need to reconfigure everything in the OS again to my new configs.  They can be anywhere from a 15 sec delay to 1 min before the HDD activity light stops hacking like crazy and the system works as it should again.

My high-speed hub isnt where I live;  so I download there;  and xfer it to my PC at home....   Sometimes Ill do 36Gb stints/day depending on how well the connection is working and how many people are eating up my bandwidth =P  The node for my parents' neighborhood has no FAP/restrictions on it;  as well as a smaller population density sharing the node.

This kind of mass input/deletion with large filesizes is normally a super bad thing to do to an SSD;  as per the manufacturers.

I've not had such problems with SSD's. I use IntelRST and max 64GB SSD write enabled cache, the rest as an high performance drive. When win10 was released, their where especially issues with threshold 2, but a later update seems to have fixed this. I couldn't live without, and the large index reorganisation  of blockchains makes for a nightmare on mechanical disks. Whilst frequent writes will degrade an SSD's capacity, I'm happy to live with this. I don't seem to have lost any capacity in nearly 4 years. In fact, I've now mounted my swap file on the high performance partition, since running a lot of wallets pushes my 16GB of RAM, and it would have been directed through the cache anyway.

AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 11:53:31 AM

@JaredKaragen - I wonder what CPU miners you use? I seem to have problems running a lot of pre-compiled CPU optimised miners, so it may be the case I will have to learn to compile these things on windows.

crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 12:15:37 PM

Why is Qubit algo mining UNITUS? It is not on any exchange and therefore worthless

It's merged anyway so there's no loss for miners. Someday it might get back on an exchange.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
ChrisHaefner

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 04:46:31 PM

Hello!
So I am sure you've been asked this. But I am struggling getting into your pool. I have an antminer S7 I put the pool as -o stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:3333 My worker is my Bitcoin address, and password is xx. But I cannot get my miner to start working the pool on my Bitmain dashboard or find my worker on the ZPool site. Have you had anyone else experince this? Thank you!
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:43:19 PM

Hello!
So I am sure you've been asked this. But I am struggling getting into your pool. I have an antminer S7 I put the pool as -o stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:3333 My worker is my Bitcoin address, and password is xx. But I cannot get my miner to start working the pool on my Bitmain dashboard or find my worker on the ZPool site. Have you had anyone else experince this? Thank you!

put c=BTC, d=4096 as your password

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:05:46 PM

Ok I'm mining X11,X13 and X15 and putting my hashing speed's in Mh/sec into my password and the miner is switching algo's

but if I then use the figures that show on the web page under "Pool Status/profitability" and my hash speed's to check if the miner switches at the right time I am finding that it does not, this is making me want to put false Mh/sec my password  so the miner switches according to the profitability figure that the web page gives

am I expecting too much accuracy here and should I just put my real hashing speeds in the password and leave it at that ?

cheers
AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:21:36 PM

Ok I'm mining X11,X13 and X15 and putting my hashing speed's in Mh/sec into my password and the miner is switching algo's

but if I then use the figures that show on the web page under "Pool Status/profitability" and my hash speed's to check if the miner switches at the right time I am finding that it does not, this is making me want to put false Mh/sec my password  so the miner switches according to the profitability figure that the web page gives

am I expecting too much accuracy here and should I just put my real hashing speeds in the password and leave it at that ?

cheers

As I understand it, the profitability displayed on the wallet pool status page is a past 24 hour figure. The profitability listed on the coins on the pool page are the currency profitability figures that causes the miner switch. The fact you are switching sounds like you have set it up right. Don't forget qubit, another good GPU algo.

crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 07:52:50 PM

Hello!

put c=BTC, d=4096 as your password

Shouldn't be a problem... Try those settings though.

on a side note, I don't even want to mention it... but today... has been a lot better than yesterday and AFAIK, there has only been one reset today on sha and none on scrypt...

I have disabled a few coins on each which I think are problematic to the issue and results have been positive.

Inventory won't change for a couple days and then I'll re-enable one at a time to see who it actually is.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:16:36 PM

cheers

As I understand it, the profitability displayed on the wallet pool status page is a past 24 hour figure. The profitability listed on the coins on the pool page are the currency profitability figures that causes the miner switch. The fact you are switching sounds like you have set it up right. Don't forget qubit, another good GPU algo.

thanks AngryDwarf that makes sense
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 09:19:55 PM

on a side note, I don't even want to mention it... but today... has been a lot better than yesterday and AFAIK, there has only been one reset today on sha and none on scrypt...

I have disabled a few coins on each which I think are problematic to the issue and results have been positive.

Inventory won't change for a couple days and then I'll re-enable one at a time to see who it actually is.

I noticed;  My S7 ran strong the rest of the night later after posting that note.  I have nicehash as my failover so I can compare graphs =)  I switched over for 0.0001BTC worth of time says NH.

@JaredKaragen - I wonder what CPU miners you use? I seem to have problems running a lot of pre-compiled CPU optimised miners, so it may be the case I will have to learn to compile these things on windows.
I admit;  being on Win10 mainly;  I am using the precompiled argon2 1.2 Version out there (or is it 1.1?)

Seems very stable;  and I also downloaded the Yescrypt optimized one....  They havent had any issue yet;  aside from the fact that my wallet page says I have 3 miners connected to argon2;  but I swear up and down I only have my dial quadcore machine, and my i5 thinkpad running the cpuminer...

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 10:28:10 PM

cpuminer-win64-generic.exe = ** cpuminer-multi-argon2 1.0.1-dev by testz **
couminer.exe = ** cpuminer-multi 1.2-dev by Tanguy Pruvot (tpruvot@github) **
Code:
:start
cpuminer-win64-generic.exe -r 0 -a argon2 -o stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:4234 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,d=0.002,argon2,neoscrypt,yescrypt
cpuminer-win64-generic.exe -r 0 -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:4233 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,d=0.002,argon2,neoscrypt,yescrypt
cpuminer.exe -r 0 -a yescrypt -o stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:6233 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,d=0.01,argon2,neoscrypt,yescrypt

sleep 5000
goto start

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 10:42:06 PM

Code:
cpuminer-win64-generic.exe -r 0 -a argon2 -o stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:4234 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,d=0.002,argon2,neoscrypt,yescrypt
cpuminer-win64-generic.exe -r 0 -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:4233 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,d=0.002,argon2,neoscrypt,yescrypt
cpuminer.exe -r 0 -a yescrypt -o stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:6233 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,d=0.01,argon2,neoscrypt,yescrypt

sleep 5000
goto start

Did you try out the latest neoscrypt miner just put out by ghostlander? Says 100% increase in efficency

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712650.msg13953935#msg13953935

edit... oh but I guess that is for GPU's not CPU...

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 10:56:57 PM

Did you try out the latest neoscrypt miner just put out by ghostlander? Says 100% increase in efficency

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712650.msg13953935#msg13953935

edit... oh but I guess that is for GPU's not CPU...

yeah;  it seems like I would be best off leaving my GPU to mine the other algos... Its nice having a separate rotation of algos for my CPU =)  Seems more efficient.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 04:42:41 AM

HAHAHA.

This dumb-dumb just found 2 identical cpuminer processes running on his pc for Argon2.   Cute.  There's the phantom 3rd miner.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:01:18 AM

Code:

sleep 5000
goto start

Thanks. I would remove that sleep command though, it's pointless. I do use cpuminer-multi-dev2 with yescrypt setup, but it never switches to it over other algos. You really need to set up your own normalisation string, the built in one is is probably far off for your hardware output. Just enter a kh/s figure or some multiple of it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: