Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 12:34:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Crowdsale  (Read 182682 times)
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:09:22 AM

Dear IOTA devs,

You just touched me so much by your professionalism. You are absolutely qualified for the work you do. Your words perfectly reflect you and your project. I wish you and your projects best of luck. I will even buy more tokens!

Regards,
Your Greed

Hahaha, you are the best in this role!
I appreciate you just signed under my words. At least your not afraid to admit something. The only thing left is to confess that Jinn and this scamtoken are vaporware. Roll Eyes

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:21:22 AM

I appreciate you just signed under my words. At least your not afraid to admit something. The only thing left is to confess that Jinn and this scamtoken are vaporware. Roll Eyes

I thought it was a well-known fact that I use every single chance to play with trolls. This improved my English to a level where one American guy even suspected that English was my mother tongue and I just pretended that it was the third one.

PS: How many iotas did you buy? We could have a bet regarding the vaporware. Easy money for you unless you are not smart enough to grab them...  Wink
-Greed-

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:42:30 AM

I thought it was a well-known fact that I use every single chance to play with trolls. This improved my English to a level where one American guy even suspected that English was my mother tongue and I just pretended that it was the third one.

PS: How many iotas did you buy? We could have a bet regarding the vaporware. Easy money for you unless you are not smart enough to grab them...  Wink
I'm glad that you finally were managed to learn English at your old age. There ain't no need in betting. Instead of working on the project and doing some work your are speeding time on posting the shit you and your sockpuppets do. So Iota is already considered as vaporware.

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:28:38 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 02:00:01 AM by drays

If some tech writer or programmer in my company would write it that way, he would not work much longer... Have the instructions been written in a big hurry? Hope the actual code for IOTA will be written more carefully Undecided

Please fix it, if possible. And sorry if I sound a bit harsh, just I expected more from such brilliant guys as the ones involved in this project. This is not an offense, just critics.

Don't worry, all code is written by someone else Smiley And seriously, I appreciate that you give us honest feedback, but you are literally less than 0.5% of people. VERY few seem to have any problem with the collection.

Thanks for your answer, glad to listen code will be written by someone else Smiley

And its surprising to listen that 99.5% of people don't care about how instructions are written, and do the right thing based on bare intuition (or maybe due to standard-thinking, and ignoring the fine details)... If that is the case, you have an amazing audience here Smiley. I have to write instructions from time to time, and on my experience, if instruction allows something to be misunderstood and done wrong, then most often it will be done wrong.

Anyway, could you please then just satisfy my curiosity and answer to question I had: what if I did not disconnect from internet before pressing OK in the "Seed?" dialog? The reason is not important (I may be lazy to move anything but fingers; or I may not find the right ethernet plug; or one of 3-4 wifi adapters on my PC still somehow penetrated to internet; or my PC has permanent connection to Internet via Noosphere cable, doesn't matter). What will/may happen?

I suppose I am not the only curious/uninformed guy here, and someone from those 0.5% of abnormal people asked this question earlier in the thread, but I cannot find it now. Please let me know. Thanks! Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
-Greed-

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:41:40 AM

Also...
According to my experience there is two types of legit projects. Ones that ran by public persons and others that escrowed by services like koinify. Iota/Jinn is neither ran by a public person nor escrowed. Why doesn't CfB ran away right now with a half of a million dollars? Just to ran another vaporware project to make more money!

Usually I don't do researches at all because most of crowdsale/IPOs give positive ROI (some of them gave me > 1000% profit). Sometimes I get burned but nice profits cover these small losses. This time I din't even do elementary checks and got burned (we all did). So say goodbye to your money. Sorry about that.

Btw, my avatar has nothing to do with Islam. Actually it's kinda sarcastic.

SOOOO.....

IOTA CROWDSALE IS OVER

934.2 BTC

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:34:16 AM

Also...
According to my experience there is two types of legit projects. Ones that ran by public persons and others that escrowed by services like koinify. Iota/Jinn is neither ran by a public person nor escrowed. Why doesn't CfB ran away right now with a half of a million dollars? Just to ran another vaporware project to make more money!

Usually I don't do researches at all because most of crowdsale/IPOs give positive ROI (some of them gave me > 1000% profit). Sometimes I get burned but nice profits cover these small losses. This time I din't even do elementary checks and got burned (we all did). So say goodbye to your money. Sorry about that.

Btw, my avatar has nothing to do with Islam. Actually it's kinda sarcastic.

SOOOO.....

IOTA CROWDSALE IS OVER

934.2 BTC

I miss the days when trolls were smart and original.  At least Emule had some charts to back up his claims.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:52:27 AM

I think this is a little BlueMeanie revenge. Tongue

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
spreadcoiner

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 02:53:20 AM

troll

such a shame that you wear the spreadcoin name while behaving like shit on forums. spreadcoin is a serious project, with a great community, they do not deserve to have their image smudged by your uninvited stupidity
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:19:00 AM

There ain't no need in betting.

Why am I not even surprised...
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:25:29 AM

Anyway, could you please then just satisfy my curiosity and answer to question I had: what if I did not disconnect from internet before pressing OK in the "Seed?" dialog? The reason is not important (I may be lazy to move anything but fingers; or I may not find the right ethernet plug; or one of 3-4 wifi adapters on my PC still somehow penetrated to internet; or my PC has permanent connection to Internet via Noosphere cable, doesn't matter). What will/may happen?

This is a protection against a simple man-in-the-middle attack.
anewafresh

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:33:04 AM

There ain't no need in betting.

lol..chicken.

IOTA - iotatoken.com
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:24:04 PM

Don´t respect any religion cause they are all bushit, and the real big scams.

Even Cthulhu? Isn't it smarter to respect Cthulhu just in case if he exists? You don't want to make him angry, trust me.

You are right. Where can I pay may Cthulhu tax?  Grin

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
runall

Activity: 175

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:23:31 PM

If some tech writer or programmer in my company would write it that way, he would not work much longer... Have the instructions been written in a big hurry? Hope the actual code for IOTA will be written more carefully Undecided

Please fix it, if possible. And sorry if I sound a bit harsh, just I expected more from such brilliant guys as the ones involved in this project. This is not an offense, just critics.

Don't worry, all code is written by someone else Smiley And seriously, I appreciate that you give us honest feedback, but you are literally less than 0.5% of people. VERY few seem to have any problem with the collection.

I also had no problem with the iota website and getting the iota password.

By the way, notice, all this steps with getting password intended for PIONEERS and EARLY ADOPTER, who believed devs and their ideas new technology and hardly for those who go with the crowd and use already well prepared and tested technologies.

This product in my opinion is also not for such as Greed, are trying to speculate now, miss the train, trying desperately crap this software. Because these trolls feel immense potential of this software. Desperately trying to somehow scare simpletons, buying as cheaply as possible, and then inflating the hype, they sell other simpletons as expensive as possible.

Speculation can bury this idea, disappointing users who bought this software as "the new Bitcoin". Good old Bitcoin started at the end of 2009, beginning of 2010. Iota started at the end of 2015, beginning of 2016. Smiley

Let's see how much she would need time to acceptance of the Industry.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:45:52 PM

By the way, notice, all this steps with getting password intended for PIONEERS and EARLY ADOPTER, who believed devs and their ideas new technology and hardly for those who go with the crowd and use already well prepared and tested technologies.

Hehe, by the way the ones who go with the crowd and use already well prepared and tested technologies, have the biggest amount of money in this world Smiley
Geeks typically are not the richest people (except very few ones), and the richest ones have very basic computer / tech skills Smiley. So funding of the project could hugely benefit from simplicity of the process.

Disclaimer: Talking about rich tech-dummies, I am not talking about myself here Grin. I am just a modest developer and systems architect Smiley

drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:52:57 PM

Kratkost' - sestra talanta Smiley

Thanks a lot, that is what I supposed. But something is still not clear to me (sorry for that Smiley ).

As I understand the actual generation is done locally by the generator tool, as it doesn't need connection to Internet during generation. Right?
So the only way the man in the middle could intervene, is by faking the page at the generator URL - maybe catching the traffic on ISP level, or by faking the DNS requests, or some other way. Is this correct?

If so, there are two points:
1. The man in the middle could be avoided simply by providing the generator at HTTPS URL, with a valid certificate. It will ensure the page cannot be faked, at least major browsers will warn the user.

2. If the generator is provided at simple HTTP link, and even if user disconnects from Internet during generation, I don't see how that could prevents the man in the middle attack... The middleman could copy your generator, fake the whole page (f.e. tweak on DNS servers) and use your generator on his faked page. His faked page will still work as the generation is offline and he uses exactly the same generator. The only modification he could do, is to save the entered Seed in a cookie, then send it to himself when Internet is available again.

Would appreciate if you could clarify this, though I agree its not that important. Just for my curiosity Smiley

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:59:12 PM

Kratkost' - sestra talanta Smiley

Thanks a lot, that is what I supposed. But something is still not clear to me (sorry for that Smiley ).

As I understand the actual generation is done locally by the generator tool, as it doesn't need connection to Internet during generation. Right?
So the only way the man in the middle could intervene, is by faking the page at the generator URL - maybe catching the traffic on ISP level, or by faking the DNS requests, or some other way. Is this correct?

If so, there are two points:
1. The man in the middle could be avoided simply by providing the generator at HTTPS URL, with a valid certificate. It will ensure the page cannot be faked, at least major browsers will warn the user.

2. If the generator is provided at simple HTTP link, and even if user disconnects from Internet during generation, I don't see how that could prevents the man in the middle attack... The middleman could copy your generator, fake the whole page (f.e. tweak on DNS servers) and use your generator on his faked page. His faked page will still work as the generation is offline and he uses exactly the same generator. The only modification he could do, is to save the entered Seed in a cookie, then send it to himself when Internet is available again.

Would appreciate if you could clarify this, though I agree its not that important. Just for my curiosity Smiley

The actual generation is done locally.

Regarding those #1 and #2, as I said:
runall

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:01:20 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 04:12:30 PM by runall

It is could be more professional.

In my experience, just the opposite. I knew a few very good programmers who was freaked-out if they had to commenting code, if other they have not understood without explanation. In addition, they have programmed a disgusting GUI, focusing on functional and work willingly with only the command line. Beautiful wrapper does not mean the presence of professionalism. In life often just the opposite.
It often happens that the development of resources to spend a lot of nice wrapper to the detriment of functionality.
runall

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:11:52 PM

Hehe, by the way the ones who go with the crowd and use already well prepared and tested technologies, have the biggest amount of money in this world Smiley

I do not agree. Genius in the financial field, and in the technical field and any other, not those who live in the old way "in caves". That is those, that have VISION and new ideas. This is exactly the crowd goes after them, copying them.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:16:48 PM

I do not agree. Genius in the financial field, and in the technical field and any other, not those who live in the old way "in caves". That is those, that have VISION and new ideas. This is exactly the crowd goes after them, copying them.

You read too much of fairy tales about the "genuises who change the world, and make crowd follow them". That is just hype created to make people feel they can succeed using only their brains/talent/diligence, so people feel good. I suppose this is mostly propagandized in US, to back up the "American dream" and its viability. The reality is different, unfortunately. Geniuses are used, abused and recycled by the ones who rule by just knowing some old principles, old like this world.

But that is on very disputable topic and another discussion, which is definitely off-topic here, so we could all stay at our own opinions Smiley

VultureFund

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:23:06 PM

You read too much of fairy tales about the "genuises who change the world, and make crowd follow them". That is just hype created to make people feel they can succeed using only their brains/talent/diligence, so people feel good. I suppose this is mostly propagandized in US, to back up the "American dream" and its viability. The reality is different, unfortunately. Geniuses are used, abused and recycled by the ones who rule by just knowing some old principles, old like this world.

But that is on very disputable topic and another discussion, which is definitely off-topic here, so we could all stay at our own opinions Smiley

The "genius" concept is usually misunderstood and, in my opinion, on the wrong focus.

True geniuses can't be used, abused or manipulated by anyone, by simple definition. The problem here as I said is the misunderstanding of the concept.

The fact that a person has a super-special abitlity that others cannot do (innate talent + tons of work), don't make this person look like a genious. This person will have a ++++ knowledge in area X, but most probably he/she won't know almost nothing about the rest areas of the universe.

In my opinion, a genious don't know the details about area X, but it knows the deep message and the profits behind this knowledge. The genious knows the deep outstanding information about almost all areas, and is capable to relate them for a certain goal.

Take it like a chessboard. There are lots of pawns, bishops, horses, towers, the king, and the queen. Most of people will say the queen is the genious, because she can do movements that all other pieces can't do. Don't be confused, the queen is just another piece (high qualified, but a piece at the end). The true genious is the PLAYER. He knows what different pieces can do, and he coordinates them to achieve a goal (win the other genius).

So maybe this old principles you say is what makes one being a genious, and not the Full-HD knowledge about a tiny area.

Was Einstein the most intelligent scientific of his time? I bet my balls that he wasn't. He didn't discovered or explored anything, he just attached information already known by others, and made a theory where all this information had a sense.

Was he intelligent? For sure. Was he the most intelligent? No way. Was he a genious? OF COURSE.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: