Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:58:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA Crowdsale  (Read 182678 times)
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 07:33:35 PM

Time for an update
Overall the project and start-up that is Jinn is very much healthy.
We have had a few unforeseen setbacks, mainly 2 outsourced teams we had to fire as well as the crypto-crash that swallowed 50% of our funds, but with everything taken into consideration we are very proud of what we have achieved thus far. We are extremely excited about the future propects of Jinn. We are still pretty much en route for the ETA we set late 2014 for the prototype. However we naturally expect some delays will happen, as is always the case, especially with projects that are both hardware and software, but overall we are very optimistic and confident that we will succeed in all the main goals.
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/msg189249/#msg189249

According to the 'powers that be' at Ryver the GUI will be done this week and a fully functional system within a week or two (at the latest. This week is entirely possible). The delay is reported to be due to the design form chosen losing a staffer and surprisingly unprofessionally not being able to deliver the GUI. A new designer has been chosen and is working on it.

bah! what a coincidence  Cheesy

No coincidence. Welcome to the world of real life business. www.creativeda.sh was the team we hired first for the job. They lost their coder and wasn't able to get a new one until March 7th.

The incidences in Jinn is also well documented.

David, just one question regarding this: Means this that the GUI must be started from the scratch new with an other company (what I expect will cost weeks, not days) or can the existing bases used to be finished within "days". Do you have any time assumption?
Thank you.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:55:58 PM

Time for an update
Overall the project and start-up that is Jinn is very much healthy.
We have had a few unforeseen setbacks, mainly 2 outsourced teams we had to fire as well as the crypto-crash that swallowed 50% of our funds, but with everything taken into consideration we are very proud of what we have achieved thus far. We are extremely excited about the future propects of Jinn. We are still pretty much en route for the ETA we set late 2014 for the prototype. However we naturally expect some delays will happen, as is always the case, especially with projects that are both hardware and software, but overall we are very optimistic and confident that we will succeed in all the main goals.
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/msg189249/#msg189249

According to the 'powers that be' at Ryver the GUI will be done this week and a fully functional system within a week or two (at the latest. This week is entirely possible). The delay is reported to be due to the design form chosen losing a staffer and surprisingly unprofessionally not being able to deliver the GUI. A new designer has been chosen and is working on it.

bah! what a coincidence  Cheesy

No coincidence. Welcome to the world of real life business. www.creativeda.sh was the team we hired first for the job. They lost their coder and wasn't able to get a new one until March 7th.

The incidences in Jinn is also well documented.

David, just one question regarding this: Means this that the GUI must be started from the scratch new with an other company (what I expect will cost weeks, not days) or can the existing bases used to be finished within "days". Do you have any time assumption?
Thank you.

It does not. The GUI is being finished this week using a new designer and everything is on schedule since back-end testing has continued during the GUI building. (From Ryver conversation). Comparing IOTA and Jinn is also a pretty stupid approach since IOTA doesn't rely on hardware development and the backend has been tested during the last few weeks.

A GUI (that will be done shortly) was something the community requested and not core functionality, though I agree that releasing with GUI is to be preferred (see. Decred, ETH etc. that released without which led to confusion and in many cases lost tokens.).

FOR RENT.
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 08:37:43 AM

Thanks Altcoinscamfinder. I saw it also in the evening in Ryver.
Sometimes it's difficult to follow all threads.
But it's a good thing. Beta is very near :-)
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:25:19 AM

Delay again  Huh
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:34:58 AM

Delay again  Huh
Depends on your definition of "week".
My weeks are from monday until sunday.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:51:51 AM

Delay again  Huh

With these 'delays', does it mean it will have less supporters upon reaching exchanges? Not sure though if there are lost trust or credibility on some not to mention that there are people who buy coins during the ICO crowdsale/ICO then later on dump them once the price gets a little higher just to profit. A solid community who will support the coin at all cost is important or a whale can do such perhaps Smiley

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:34:30 PM

Delay again  Huh

With these 'delays', does it mean it will have less supporters upon reaching exchanges? Not sure though if there are lost trust or credibility on some not to mention that there are people who buy coins during the ICO crowdsale/ICO then later on dump them once the price gets a little higher just to profit. A solid community who will support the coin at all cost is important or a whale can do such perhaps Smiley

I doubt any delay will have any major effects. Ethereum was delayed by months and did fine. None of these projects are copy-paste and take time and expertise.

FOR RENT.
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:40:38 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 05:17:45 PM by Breasal

If there is one thing I've learned in crypto after several years is that the most important aspect of success is the network. It discourages me to see many community 'investors' so focused on the short term. If IOTA is to succeed in a big way, it (the community) must create a successful IoT platform and network, competing with the big guys, similar to the BTC blockchain with the banks. It's the network effect that will allow IOTA to stand out. I know I'm speaking to the choir for the most part. Just want to emphasize this point.

https://hbr.org/2016/02/to-predict-the-trajectory-of-the-internet-of-things-look-to-the-software-industry?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=harvardbiz
iotatoken (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:26:45 PM

If there is one thing I've learned in crypto after several years is that the most important aspect of success is the network. It discourages me to see many community 'investors' so focused on the short term. If IOTA is to succeed in a big way, it (the community) must create a successful IoT platform and network, competing with the big guys, similar to the BTC blockchain with the banks. It's the network effect that will allow IOTA to stand out. I know I'm speaking to the choir for the most part. Just want to emphasize this point.

https://hbr.org/2016/02/to-predict-the-trajectory-of-the-internet-of-things-look-to-the-software-industry?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=harvardbiz

Indeed. If you want IOTA to succeed you should focus on IoT not GUI Smiley

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:43:40 PM

While I agree, I don't see the two as opposing in any way. Not communicating timelines or milestones does however erode confidence.

FOR RENT.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:31:46 PM

While I agree, I don't see the two as opposing in any way. Not communicating timelines or milestones does however erode confidence.

Hmm, interesting we have communicated it in EVERY official IOTA thread and on Ryver daily. So not sure what you're talking about.

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:43:48 PM

Hmm, interesting we have communicated it in EVERY official IOTA thread and on Ryver daily. So not sure what you're talking about.

No I agree on that. But timelines are sometimes important, and while we did talk about a Beta being out 'this week' I haven't seen any information update in Ryver or here.

FOR RENT.
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:06:40 PM

Due to massive demand and the constant stream of Pm's our team has decided to make available a portion of our own personal holdings.

50,000 IOTA available - there will be no more after this batch!

Grab them while you still can -

http://collect.iotatoken.com/

Thanks iotatoken. I saw it also in the evening in Ryver.
But it's a good thing. Gonna grab some more :-)

Trying to source some bitcoin to grab a few as I missed the chance first time around.
SCAM!

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:10:16 PM

Damn, I clicked the link out of curiosity. Does appear to be a phishing attempt. BEWARE.

Due to massive demand and the constant stream of Pm's our team has decided to make available a portion of our own personal holdings.

Trying to source some bitcoin to grab a few as I missed the chance first time around.
SCAM!

iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:16:36 PM

No I agree on that. But timelines are sometimes important, and while we did talk about a Beta being out 'this week' I haven't seen any information update in Ryver or here.

This is a notorious issue in development, especially when certain parts are outsourced. If you give hard deadlines you shoot yourself in the foot as it means you either have to rush to release, which is not good for quality, or it looks like there is some sort of 'big problem' when there is a delay. It's impossible to estimate exact time of arrival.

I would urge everyone to become familiar with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofstadter%27s_law

All I can say is that the news that will be coming in the coming days, not just GUI, but news about the ecosystem will alleviate any and all concerns.

AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:20:49 AM

This is a notorious issue in development, especially when certain parts are outsourced. If you give hard deadlines you shoot yourself in the foot as it means you either have to rush to release, which is not good for quality, or it looks like there is some sort of 'big problem' when there is a delay. It's impossible to estimate exact time of arrival.

I would urge everyone to become familiar with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofstadter%27s_law

All I can say is that the news that will be coming in the coming days, not just GUI, but news about the ecosystem will alleviate any and all concerns.

Okidoki,
That's all i wanted to hear. That we were still on schedule for days, not multiple weeks.

FOR RENT.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:24:43 AM

This user is herpes of the community. Just give negative feedback and tell him to go fuck himself.

FOR RENT.
hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:16:34 PM

I agree with this 100%

The "communication" we keep hearing daily is "there are no delays"

This is not good, considering there have been many.

We just need to be updating the community effectively, and talking about things that have not been delayed, and acting like that means there have been no delays, is not the correct approach here IMO.
iotatoken (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:01:48 PM

I agree with this 100%

The "communication" we keep hearing daily is "there are no delays"

This is not good, considering there have been many.

We just need to be updating the community effectively, and talking about things that have not been delayed, and acting like that means there have been no delays, is not the correct approach here IMO.

Delays from GUI from third party that was a bonus feature we decided to give the community? Yes. Delay in terms of optimization and testing? No this has been going on since Christmas as we stated it would. What have you done so far with IOTA tech which is 100% available in Ryver?

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:27:12 PM

Big News : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/blog/azure-blockchain-update-5/
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: