Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:53:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782159 times)
Tecem

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:50:49 PM

My wallet just got a new block but after my wallet crashed. Now my wallet isn't starting anymore. On my PC the same happened. So how can I sole it? It looks like the old corrupted wallet.dat issue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:56:53 PM

OK folks, we re moving again. We are having an issue with one of the sporks, that is what caused the chain to stall for a bit the other day. When I disabled it the other day I just entered a date to activate as a few days in the future. That time passed last night stalling the chain again. I just changed the date to a couple months from now. We will have the issue resolved by then. Sorry about that.

Hello StakeBox,

I can confirm that the chain is moving moving again. I don't understand what sporks... and what they do? Could you please enlighten me a little on the subject? From what I get from your message it's something that you can control. Does it affect the decentralized nature of DNET?

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 04:46:53 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2016, 05:04:34 PM by EcoChavCrypto

I have gotten past the stuck block.  My only issue is not receiving any masternode payments for 40+ hours despite all nodes being enabled and showing up on the list.  Is this normal?  

EDIT:

I just checked on the nodes and they must have gone down over night so I restarted them and checked the blocks and all seems good. 

getblockhash 264003

e4f42c2df7e7f392b6ac2299a1ebb21df5d09d57973cf5b6518410a914a966c3

Same on all nodes and controller wallet.

Still no MN payments though.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

StakeBox

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 04:50:26 PM

My wallet just got a new block but after my wallet crashed. Now my wallet isn't starting anymore. On my PC the same happened. So how can I sole it? It looks like the old corrupted wallet.dat issue.

I really wish I was having these same problems so that I could, not only find the underlying cause, but also figure out an easy, one size fits all, way of getting back to normal. When you say the wallet won't start at all, do you mean that it does nothing, or gives you an error, or some third thing?

Low power dedicated staking hardware, learn more at StakeBox.com
Raspberry Pi wallets at github.com/StakeBox
StakeBox

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 05:21:25 PM

OK folks, we re moving again. We are having an issue with one of the sporks, that is what caused the chain to stall for a bit the other day. When I disabled it the other day I just entered a date to activate as a few days in the future. That time passed last night stalling the chain again. I just changed the date to a couple months from now. We will have the issue resolved by then. Sorry about that.

Hello StakeBox,

I can confirm that the chain is moving moving again. I don't understand what sporks... and what they do? Could you please enlighten me a little on the subject? From what I get from your message it's something that you can control. Does it affect the decentralized nature of DNET?
Sporks are a way of mitigating network confusion and disagreement when there are either either hard or soft forks. If you run "spork show" in the console you can see the current state of the various sporks. When we push new updates that have protocol level changes we disable sporks 8, 9, and 10. Those are the ones needed the most. The others have not been needed by us so far.

Yes, I can control them, I am the only one with the associated private key needed to do so. That doesn't really effect decentralization, as beyond allowing older versions of a wallet to communicate with newer versions during transitional periods, they serve no other function. I can't use them to roll back the chain, disallow certain users, deny blocks, or any other type of thing.

The only spork that could even be misconstrued as a decentralizing thing is spork 10, the pay updated nodes spork. It is used after a protocol level change, which is generally a mandatory update, to decide when to stop sending masternode payments to masternodes still running the older version of the wallet. It lets older versions of the wallet continue acting as masternodes and getting paid for it during the transition, preventing a situation where there were no masternodes, or even very few, weakening that side of the network.

mxnsch

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:26:45 PM

Seems like that resolved it, at least all my nodes and wallet are back on track

██  ███  nope ██  ███
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:01:54 PM

Hello StakeBox,

Sporks are a way of mitigating network confusion and disagreement when there are either either hard or soft forks. If you run "spork show" in the console you can see the current state of the various sporks. When we push new updates that have protocol level changes we disable sporks 8, 9, and 10. Those are the ones needed the most. The others have not been needed by us so far.

Yes, I can control them, I am the only one with the associated private key needed to do so. That doesn't really effect decentralization, as beyond allowing older versions of a wallet to communicate with newer versions during transitional periods, they serve no other function. I can't use them to roll back the chain, disallow certain users, deny blocks, or any other type of thing.

The only spork that could even be misconstrued as a decentralizing thing is spork 10, the pay updated nodes spork. It is used after a protocol level change, which is generally a mandatory update, to decide when to stop sending masternode payments to masternodes still running the older version of the wallet. It lets older versions of the wallet continue acting as masternodes and getting paid for it during the transition, preventing a situation where there were no masternodes, or even very few, weakening that side of the network.

thank you very much for this clear information. Shouldn't you have at least another devs have access to the private key in case of need? redundancy can always be very useful...

Smooth stacking now for me too. However I remarked that it isn't possible to have the same wallet run a masternode and have a separate stacking address on it. it breaks the masternode address once a staking payment is received. It divides the masternode coins address in 4 stash of around 2500 dnet but still on the same address. However the masternode refuses to launch after saying that the coins aren't good. Is that a normal and expected behavior?

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:05:17 PM

Hello StakeBox,

thank you very much for this clear information. Should you have at least another devs have access to the private key in case of need? redundancy can always be very useful...

Smooth stacking now for me too. However I remarked that it isn't possible to have the same wallet run a masternode and have a separate stacking address on it. it breaks the masternode address once a staking payment is received. It divides the masternode coins address in 4 stash of around 2500 dnet but still on the same address. However the masternode refuses to launch after saying that the coins aren't good. Is that a normal and expected behavior?

Are you running just a local masternode on that wallet (Using just the darknet.conf file) ?? or are you setting it up as a remote node (using a masternode.conf file)??
mxnsch

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:08:09 PM

Hello StakeBox,

Can you elaborate on that an provide details? I dont get it. Running exact the described setup, everything seems to be working as expected - Masternode payments and staking income.

To be extra clear - controller wallet with a lot of remotes.

██  ███  nope ██  ███
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:49:37 PM

as a local masternode on that wallet with darkcoin.conf only. it works great when I only use it for masternodeing. I get regular payements. However I tried to create another address and wire some coins on it. stacking activated. but as soon as I got the first staking payement the masternode stopped earning and only staking was.

EcoChavCrypto

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:52:26 PM

How can I ensure staking is deactivated on my controller wallet?  I have had to re download the blockchain on all nodes because of a corruption error, none of my nodes, which were active received any payments in 40+ hours.  I am wondering if I have staking active and that is the problem.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

werwortmann

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:25:38 PM

Since the chain started moving again, all my nodes have corrupted. I resynced them all from scratch and only my controller wallet will run. My masternodes keep crashing and corrupting.
I see the masternode count is at 400 from 650 odd earlier, so looks like I am not the only one
EcoChavCrypto

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:29:18 PM

Since the chain started moving again, all my nodes have corrupted. I resynced them all from scratch and only my controller wallet will run. My masternodes keep crashing and corrupting.
I see the masternode count is at 400 from 650 odd earlier, so looks like I am not the only one

Same is happening to me.  Sad

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

xtrembash

Activity: 473

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:48:38 PM

Same is happening to me.  Sad

same for me..
Sometimes my masternode crashes then it's seems corrupt and need resync form the start with delete files ..

And
sometimes it's crashing when i shutdown wallet

*** System error while flushing: CDB : Error -30974, can't open database
*** CDBEnv::EnvShutdown : Error -30974 shutting down database environment: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

StakeBox

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 11:13:24 PM

I was finally able to get my wallet to crash, I had to do so much screwing around with it to get it to crash I am not 100% sure what I did that caused it. I did find that it would continue to crash until I replaced my wallet.dat with a backup and resynced. I was able to get the wallet to start again by starting it with -salvagewallet, but that would eventually crash again.

It seemed everything was running fine until the chain stalled, so I am hoping that once everyone gets things back to normal the problem will go away, I am still trying to find the underlying cause of the crashing issues.

Remote masternodes have empty wallets, so removing everything in the data directory except for the darknet.conf and restarting the daemon should fix the issue for them.

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 12:55:38 AM

Most of my masternodes have crashed also after the stall. Most wouldn't even start back up either.
So I deleted everything except darknet.conf and resynced from scratch. Seems to have fixed them.

It sure has been a busy 2 weeks for everyone involved with DNET. Tongue

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 02:13:54 AM

update: setting up 47th master node, all current are reporting stable stake operation
borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 02:18:59 AM

please fix this crashing of the wallet while starting nodes. very frustrating when you have to restart them due to other problems with the network.
4x13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:08:17 AM

We are trying to research the issue with corrupting and crashing wallets.

Is anyone having issues with Wallets crashing, that is NOT using that wallet to run a masternode (either local or remote masternodes). Just staking??
Lercker

Activity: 358

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:37:32 AM

Mine has been crashing. I don't run a master-node.  Worked at first for about 14 hours then crashed. Been crashing everyday since, almost every 12 to 16 hours... Restarted almost everyway possible--fresh starts and partial deletes. Used two different backups for wallet.dat and got the same results... just crashed as I was typing this...
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: