Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:42:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining coins save or sell it?  (Read 106756 times)
greatr

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:47:14 PM

Whatever you would have mined since 2015 (as the thread was started then), you must have got some real handsome profits atm because most of the alts too had some serious rallies in the past few days. But it is my serious advice to you or anyone involved in Bitcoin mining activities to please hold their Bitcoins currently as the price will not be this cheap [YES I MEAN IT, IT'S STILL CHEAP ATM].

Of course, if guy listen advise to hold BTC:)

and other coins toooo... hope his mining capacity increased and he don't make foolish decision of selling miners and BTC

It is good to hold bitcoins, but don't forget that mining is usually expensive... So most of miners have to sell at least half of their coins so that they could pay for electricity fees and such. But if they would have enough money, of course it's better to hold them.
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:04:33 PM

IMO, anyone (including the miners) who is selling the coins right now is committing a grave mistake. But I know that the situation can get really difficult for the miners. They have huge capital cost in the form of mining rigs, and additional cost for electricity and manpower. An ideal solution in my opinion would be to sell 50% of the coins immediately, and to keep the rest in cold storage.
Yep, only holding your coin when mining will make you met many problems because if you do not have a huge capital for payment cost electric bill, you cannot keep your mining in long time and also take big loss is possible if the worst situation happening - your coin holding drop down.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:15:46 PM

I think that it is better to save your coins than sell it. As you can see, most of the coins increase increase their prices after a period of time. Unless you really need money, do not sell your coin. Since I do not have a great capital to buy my own mining rig, I choose trading and as a veteran trader, I can say that the marketcap always increase
I will second you. Till the time you really need to sell the Bitcoin, better keep it. Rather instead of selling them go for buying more and more Bitcoins, as much as you can. This is the best way of earning more and that too in less span of time.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:35:05 PM

I think that it is better to save your coins than sell it. As you can see, most of the coins increase increase their prices after a period of time. Unless you really need money, do not sell your coin. Since I do not have a great capital to buy my own mining rig, I choose trading and as a veteran trader, I can say that the marketcap always increase
I will second you. Till the time you really need to sell the Bitcoin, better keep it. Rather instead of selling them go for buying more and more Bitcoins, as much as you can. This is the best way of earning more and that too in less span of time.

At least I have to return the initial capital, then I have to keep the asset up to 100% of the coin, and after that I will sell it continuously to buy bitcoin, every mined alctoin still has to be converted periodically into Bitcoin, we no longer need to see the latest coin prices are accepted as they continue to produce.
Mung1943

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:21:30 PM

Until now we need to do is to help save all bitcoin we earned since we put together for the incoming halving we want more bitcoin to make much more income in the time of halving.
Watjila

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:35:11 PM

Until now we need to do is to help save all bitcoin we earned since we put together for the incoming halving we want more bitcoin to make much more income in the time of halving.

The incoming halving is three years away, why do you need to worry about it now?
Warry

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:07:34 PM

At least I have to return the initial capital, then I have to keep the asset up to 100% of the coin, and after that I will sell it continuously to buy bitcoin, every mined alctoin still has to be converted periodically into Bitcoin, we no longer need to see the latest coin prices are accepted as they continue to produce.
Depends the happens on market, we will have strategies for decision sell our minied coin or save for wait high price. But, almost miner choose sell their coin for capital recovery because keep safe their funds always important than try risk with holding coin.
tristan1960

Activity: 217

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:14:30 PM

Depends the happens on market, we will have strategies for decision sell our minied coin or save for wait high price. But, almost miner choose sell their coin for capital recovery because keep safe their funds always important than try risk with holding coin.

These are all up to the miner's economical situation. If he doesn't need fiat Money, he can hold what he mines with his GPUs. This way, he takes risks, but, on the other hand, he may be able to catch the opportunity to get rich in the future too.
Xestadar

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:43:34 PM

These are all up to the miner's economical situation. If he doesn't need fiat Money, he can hold what he mines with his GPUs. This way, he takes risks, but, on the other hand, he may be able to catch the opportunity to get rich in the future too.

That is right. It depends on the expection of the future price. If they think it will rise, they will mine it even if the profit is lower. That happens to the Bitcoin Cash.
nostra3

Activity: 45
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:30:29 PM

I think it's better to sell, for a safer step, we never know what happens with bitcoin for the future, because of fluctuations in the value of virtual currency that is not yet certain.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:29:51 PM

Right now i trying to mining a lot of coins, i thinking its mabey its good to save the coins like 6-12 mdr before selling it.

Can orther explain about its a good point else about the risk its to high to lose to lot on it?
If you are mining some nice altcoins then the best thing to do is to hold, I will recommend that you also mine some bitcoin and you use that to pay for your expenses, that way when the alts go up you will have a nice stash that you can sell for a big profit.
Frowleall

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:23:26 PM

your mined cash can better be saved because it is not in a position to mine right after the halving you could do it but will go to sluggish as you have observed following the halving.
2hot2handle

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:52:19 PM

It would be better that you will save it so that you will gain more profit that selling it right away. But the problem is you have to pay for your electricity bill and to cover that expenses you need to get it from the coins you mined. That is why its not advisable to do mining when your electricity rate is high. I suggest its better to do trading that mining instead of buying mining rig use the money to buy altcoins instead.

Dice    |    Caraycruz    |    Roulette    |    Multicolor   |   Bounties    |    Lottery    |    Exchange    |    Affiliates
████████████████████ [   B I T S L E R   C A S I N O   ] ████████████████████
★           $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest           ★          $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest           ★
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:14:36 PM

I've sold 3 units of S7 that I have, although bitcoin prices are very expensive but the bitcoin bit of difficulty is also increasing. in addition, the cost of electricity is also very expensive so as to make net profits continue to fall.
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:02:58 AM

Its better to save it, because as the time pass by the price of the coin get higher and higher. So if that happens so will get a big profit in it. Saving your coin is not that bad, but in the otherhand if you really need money just sell it. Selling it is not that bad idea too.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:27:25 AM

I think bitcoin mining is still profitable, remember bitcoin prices have reached $ 4200, if the cost of electricity is not more than 10 cents then with S7 bitmain we can already RoI about 4 months.
Watjila

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:05:06 AM

I think bitcoin mining is still profitable, remember bitcoin prices have reached $ 4200, if the cost of electricity is not more than 10 cents then with S7 bitmain we can already RoI about 4 months.

If your electricity price is lower than $0.2/kWh, it is still profitable. But the difficulty is rising fast.
eugene30

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

What have you done. meh meh

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:26:45 AM

I think you should save it because the coins that you mine will have a good price in the future if you just hodl it and trust it. Only sell your  coin if you have expenses to be paid like electricity or you want to buy some groceries or any emergency happens. But it's up to the one that is mining if he or she wants to sell it quickly for assurance.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:39:58 PM

It would be better that you will save it so that you will gain more profit that selling it right away. But the problem is you have to pay for your electricity bill and to cover that expenses you need to get it from the coins you mined. That is why its not advisable to do mining when your electricity rate is high. I suggest its better to do trading that mining instead of buying mining rig use the money to buy altcoins instead.
You are right dear mate because it is the good option I think it is good to sell the bigger part of the mined coins to pay your tax and the other expenses because it is good to pay tax with bitcoin than breaking your bitcoin but it depends on your will that you want to sell it or save it so do what makes you happy but according to me it is good to save your bitcoin than wasting it.

thoham

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:47:03 PM

It depends on the price, if the price at that moment is very low i think you should save. Cause your coins are mined so their not valueless, so soon or later it gonna raise the price for sure.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: