Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42928 times)
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 01:21:34 AM

My family thinks it's this dodgy high risk investment like a tech stock.  Some of my friends vaguely remember it as linked to drug markets and actually think that bit coin itself was shutdown buy the government in 2013. My dad is bullish on it due to the all the wall street press.  Even my grandfather told me about how he read a news article.  However,  nobody actually has the slightest clue about how it really works.
Rabber

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:26:15 AM

Two of reasons I get is that it is difficult to purchase and use. Those problems are making advancements right now.  I think the millenials will be the strongest group as regular consumers/users as the markets grow since they were raised on technology. Younger people seem to know a lot more about it since they get a lot of their information online instead of from the MSM.  People like my parents, I don't see doing anything with bitcoin anytime soon or at all.

Another reason it it's price volatility. I'm not sure about that one, but if it gets to the point where there are no massive losses in value, and the value steadily grows with only minor dips that concern could be assuaged.

USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:34:51 AM

Two of reasons I get is that it is difficult to purchase and use. Those problems are making advancements right now.  I think the millenials will be the strongest group as regular consumers/users as the markets grow since they were raised on technology. Younger people seem to know a lot more about it since they get a lot of their information online instead of from the MSM.  People like my parents, I don't see doing anything with bitcoin anytime soon or at all.

Another reason it it's price volatility. I'm not sure about that one, but if it gets to the point where there are no massive losses in value, and the value steadily grows with only minor dips that concern could be assuaged.
We would need a way higher market cap to make that happen. For that we'd need way more adoption. For that we'd need to get the unbanked countries on board. I'd say about 5-10 years before we start landing.

Like almost no one around me knows anything about bitcoin most likely because the fact that, it isn't widely used. Those who know something don't bother to invest in their future and want to live in the moment.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 03:06:51 AM

My father is very much interested in it, he thinks it is going to be the future of money and he likes the concept so much that he has himself invested some money of his own and bought some BTC and he also made some paper wallets before and he keeps it private so even I can't access it. Which is good because he knows the importance of private keys. Other than that few of my friends I have brought into the Bitcoin world as well, they buy it, spend it, save it and they have probably brought some of their family and friends as well.

But other than that I have tried to tell it to many others but didn't receive any response from them so I just let them be and in time they will learn it on their own.

faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:48:12 AM

people around me dont know what bitcoin it is. they always thought bitcoin was an game Huh
when I explain to them about bitcoin, they will only be more confused
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:43:42 PM

My family thinks it's this dodgy high risk investment like a tech stock.  Some of my friends vaguely remember it as linked to drug markets and actually think that bit coin itself was shutdown buy the government in 2013. My dad is bullish on it due to the all the wall street press.  Even my grandfather told me about how he read a news article.  However,  nobody actually has the slightest clue about how it really works.
Everybody has opinions, but no one had actually looked into it. Media is very powerful, even in these 'modern' days.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
anthonycamp

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:45:19 PM

every body thinks its a joke only adfter they see into fiat and into ATM and real cash they find out its a way to use money and for that they start using but still to much connected to russia still
adicted

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:22:47 PM

I am from the Philippines and people around me seems that they don't give a damn to bitcoins. I am also trying to introduce bitcoin to my friends and telling them bitcoin is the future of money but they are not that interested to it. When I always try explain to them, I just get a reply "Okay." then end of conversation.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:40:50 PM

In short, they don't think anything Smiley
Many people around me don't use Internet or if they use they are afraid to use it for anything connected with finance or money.
Other people use Internet only for fun or Internet banking but have no interest in anything else.
If I try to explain them about bitcoin they are very skeptic and don't think this is something serious.
I already gave up from trying.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:17:41 PM

I am from the Philippines and people around me seems that they don't give a damn to bitcoins. I am also trying to introduce bitcoin to my friends and telling them bitcoin is the future of money but they are not that interested to it. When I always try explain to them, I just get a reply "Okay." then end of conversation.

Don't worry smart people will understand that you are trying to show them the future of currency even in my country most of people don't know about Bitcoin but educated people understands when we explain it to them so please try to Educate about BTC to educated people who has the will power and mind to understand.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:30:41 PM

In short, they don't think anything Smiley
Many people around me don't use Internet or if they use they are afraid to use it for anything connected with finance or money.
Other people use Internet only for fun or Internet banking but have no interest in anything else.
If I try to explain them about bitcoin they are very skeptic and don't think this is something serious.
I already gave up from trying.

Hmm did you come out of a cave? Nobody uses internet (no offense intended).
I do understand the skeptical view though, i know when it involves money people are extra alert and carefull so 'selling' your dollars/ euro for some virtual money makes no sense. For starters I bought my first bitcoin after researching almost 2 months. I think more information needs to be distributed about the infrastructure and the focus on it's main purpose.. transactions..

newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:25:35 PM

Most of them, just don't care. It is like we live in 2 seperate planets. In a way I do understand their decision to not participate.
The price is very volatile again and it makes me scared too.
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:00:56 PM

Most of them, just don't care. It is like we live in 2 seperate planets. In a way I do understand their decision to not participate.
The price is very volatile again and it makes me scared too.
The biggest problem the inhabitants of the planet have little interest in life of the inhabitants of another planet Wink Everything is new must first be run and then take root and others will not be to treat it with prejudice.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:43:45 PM

I am afraid no one in real life knows what Bitcoin is and when they start to hear about it first it will always be through mainstream media raising alarms on how Bitcoin is an evil product of terrorists that don't want to pay taxes. Get ready for next years gentleman.
BitPrepay

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:59:19 PM

I am afraid no one in real life knows what Bitcoin is and when they start to hear about it first it will always be through mainstream media raising alarms on how Bitcoin is an evil product of terrorists that don't want to pay taxes. Get ready for next years gentleman.
Nearly everyone I know knows or at least heard of what bitcoin is. They just don't care much about it and mostly think it's risky and not very real. Like some kind of ponzi scheme.
Zilara12

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:41:11 AM

People around me think its weird,and they dont belive in it .

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:58:18 AM

Anyone I tell never understands Bitcoin. I even have a friend that thinks Bitcoin is illegal, how retarded is he. But I don't really tell anyone about it after an incident where my friend got really pissed off at me because I told him to buy Bitcoin and he sold for a really low price, lost his money and then blamed it on me.
lixer

Activity: 2548
Merit: 586

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:45:11 AM

Anyone I tell never understands Bitcoin. I even have a friend that thinks Bitcoin is illegal, how retarded is he. But I don't really tell anyone about it after an incident where my friend got really pissed off at me because I told him to buy Bitcoin and he sold for a really low price, lost his money and then blamed it on me.

Bought on your advice and he sold on his own has no meaning in blaming yourself. This kind of pathetic situations are common if we deal with recommend bitcoin to our close friends circle and family members.
I usually deal with my online friends through chat and convince them by showing them highly paying faucets.

Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:26:46 PM

when I introduced it to a friend, he thought that 1 satoshi is 1 bitcoin...hahaha.. people around me really don't know what bitcoin is... they are at their 60's, all they know is im busy using my computer to play and surf the net, they are thinking that I am paying my mobile load with my money from the bank...

I am from Philippines...
Gliassa

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:29:42 PM

Most of the people around me don't really care because they simply have no interest in bitcoin.
Some of my friends are into bitcoin as well and keep up with news and such.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: