Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:22:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42928 times)
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 06:34:51 PM

The most of people around me they just think that bitcoin won't be stable and it is not really sure what will happen to bitcoin.
That is why they are not using it. So I don't mind if they don't, but is just sad that I only know a few of people that use bitcoin.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:14:55 AM

I think when you're asking this question that you shouldn't just ask for what country people who are answering your question are from.  That is way too broad and you need to be able to narrow it down into what section or area in their country they are from, because there are simply way too many people with different opinions in a country.

Case in point:
I'm from the USA, but not just the US... I'm from the South where there are tendencies to be way more conservative in ideologies and on top of that, way more religious (Christian). The people I have come across that has heard of bitcoin tend to 1) not understand it; or 2) fear it.  They don't really take the time to learn about it, because it is so revolutionary and goes against the status quo, and since they tend to be more conservative, want to stay with what's the norm and believe that nothing can beat the Dollar because of the "'Mericca! Fuck yeah!" thinking people here tend to have.

People also fear it, because a lot of people that I have talked too have this belief that this is the sign of the "rapture" or "Armageddon".  If you don't understand or have read the bible before, there is the "book of revelations" that say one of the signs to tell Armageddon is around the corner is the establishment of a one world government and a one world currency, which obviously bitcoin looks to be that currency.  So I get people saying to me all the time that I'm supporting essentially Armageddon to happen, and that if I keep "going down this road" that I'm "going to hell".

So yeah, it's a little frustrating trying to talk to people about this kind of stuff here because of the lack of knowledge about what Bitcoin could bring to the table as an economic savior.
Well thats sad. Bitcoin not only so not one world currency, its the opposite, its decentralized.
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:44:38 AM

I have a really good friend and he honestly doesn't think anything of it. He is quite aware that bitcoin has potential to have large monetary values in the future but he just doesn't seem to justify its application. I've invested a decent amount of money and wish to invest more but he thinks it is all going down the gutter. To each their own I will assume.  Roll Eyes
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:26:26 AM

I am from Indonesia. My family when I was a story about bitcoin they feel strange and do not know what it bitcoin. My friends who know say that the bitcoin bitcoin is unbelievably fun because it can add their pocket money, but my friends who did not know about bitcoin say that it is the very thing useless waste of time and waste. Maybe people should know first in order to be liked
langedwig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:22:21 AM

So, what do people around you (relatives, co-workers, co-ed, friends...) think about Bitcoin ? Please, indicate your country, so this way I'll be able to make a synthesis about what people think about Bitcoin.

For me : I come from France. My relatives think that it's criminals' tool and that since they can't touch money they don't trust it (note that those same persons are pro-banks, where you can't touch money). My friends think that it is useless and that it has no future. Both of them agree that scare them the most is the Bictoin's price volatibility.

So not so positive Undecided. I hope that you aren't in the same situation.

Forget about others my own family members dont know about bitcoins.
My relatives , friends and my whole society never heard about bitcoins as well.
In my society / area I am the only one who knows and uses bitcoin currency and I came to know it by myself from search engine.

Everyone around me has no idea about this modern ecurrency
ashly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:16:58 PM

I think people dont know bitcoin because they are boom
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:34:32 PM

Hahaha my wife thinks I'm falling for a big scam. I'll get her there eventually! Any friends or family on either side think it's cool and always ask follow up questions. Some think it's amazing you can play games and earn some Satoshi, others just think the whole concept is cool. I think I'll have a few new users soon :-p

I'd say most people around here have heard of Bitcoins. I was really surprised that a few people from older generations knew about them. I mean, they don't understand them at all. They think a bitcoin group here in Canada somehow run 'the bitcoin business'.  Huh

Whenever my wife brings it up with her family to see if they think it's a scam i'm tol it is and why would someone pay me to test a website, or follow them on Twitter. Ohhh well... Some day...
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 02:39:53 PM

Most people around me don't understand how it works, no matter how many times I've explained it to them.
Some do understand but don't feel comfortable taking this risk of getting into bitcoins.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:20:55 PM

they think that it's very difficult looking bitcoin and just a waste of time, but they do not know how easy it is to search for the bitcoin  Grin

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:58:36 PM

Most people around me don't understand how it works, no matter how many times I've explained it to them.
Some do understand but don't feel comfortable taking this risk of getting into bitcoins.

why would they try to understand if they are not "players"? The normal people are using credit/debit cards. They are protected, worldwide accepted, instant and free transactions.
if they run a "black" biz , I am sure they already use BTC. Smiley
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:49:03 PM

Same here, That is the biggest problem I am facing too as many people around me are also not aware about the bitcoins and some of them have never heard about bitcoins so it becomes difficult to explain them about the bitcoins as they feel its a risky business to invest their money into bitcoins as they have feeling that bitcoins would not survive for a longer period of time and it has no future.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:51:39 PM

my friends think its a currency mainly used for bad things lol. they don't see how its the perfect currency for the average person.

also they don't buy into it because its pretty hard to buy, all the verification that needs to be done scares them.
Erkallys (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:12:52 PM

my friends think its a currency mainly used for bad things lol. they don't see how its the perfect currency for the average person.

also they don't buy into it because its pretty hard to buy, all the verification that needs to be done scares them.

If you live in a country that has at least a small Bitcoin community, Localbitcoin could help your friends. I think this would be a good idea to tell them that they can buy it from other users just around them, maybe they would be more confident. Maybe it could bring them in the game Wink !
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:36:37 PM

Most people around me don't even know what bitcoin is. If I try explain it to them, they just ignore me. I have given up on trying to spread bitcoin. I just use it myself.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:14:02 PM

still considers that bitcoin is an investment fraud

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
Bought

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:18:25 PM

They think it's a Ponzi... The media have been saying that for a long time, which is completely untrue.

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:33:22 PM

My relatives think it's a ponzi for some reason...

My close friends are all interested, bit when I mention it to an acquaintance they either look at me, puzzled, or scoff and change the topic.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:33:40 PM

I am come from indonesia,people around me are really respect and little bit interesting about bitcoin,they think bitcoin is digital money like paypal,its also how we explain about bitcoin to them.but for now,they doesnt interest to adopt or use bitcoin,still lack of knowledge.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:34:05 PM

The most of people around me they just think that bitcoin won't be stable and it is not really sure what will happen to bitcoin.
That is why they are not using it. So I don't mind if they don't, but is just sad that I only know a few of people that use bitcoin.

Yes same here, Lots of people in my office, are not comfort with bitcoin, because of its volatility. And they think is a highly volatile kind of share market similar thing, that Bitcoin wouldn’t last, so most of them are afraid of investing into Bitcoin even I showed some proof on high returns.
Adam1395

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:38:04 PM

I am from India . my friend and relative actually don't know much about bitcoin , but when I try to explain them they said that it was stupid as instead of using bitcoin we can use PayPal and skill which has more security and the fraud people can easily be caught. They feel that there money is safe in there but according to me keeping the money in your account where it grows 5-6% anually we must invest some portion of our earnings in bitcoin because no one exactly konws what future holds for bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: