Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:04:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42928 times)
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 02:47:09 PM

Most people I know, when talked about Bitcoin say: "Yeah I have heard about that, it is dangerous they say", and then conversation does not go much further than that. They respond with "aham" or "uhum" to every thing you say.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:47:23 PM

I am from India . my friend and relative actually don't know much about bitcoin , but when I try to explain them they said that it was stupid as instead of using bitcoin we can use PayPal and skill which has more security and the fraud people can easily be caught. They feel that there money is safe in there but according to me keeping the money in your account where it grows 5-6% anually we must invest some portion of our earnings in bitcoin because no one exactly konws what future holds for bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a VERY volatile e-currency which depending alot of the black market. Someone who put the money in BTC, must know that he can lose them.

Paypal and other similars are payment systems.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:52:12 PM

I am from India . my friend and relative actually don't know much about bitcoin , but when I try to explain them they said that it was stupid as instead of using bitcoin we can use PayPal and skill which has more security and the fraud people can easily be caught. They feel that there money is safe in there but according to me keeping the money in your account where it grows 5-6% anually we must invest some portion of our earnings in bitcoin because no one exactly konws what future holds for bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a VERY volatile e-currency which depending alot of the black market. Someone who put the money in BTC, must know that he can lose them.

bitcoin isn't depending a lot on the black market. like fiat currencies, black markets are always part of the economy. it's not just bitcoin. beside that, doing a bit research before investing will give you a decent amount of knowledge about whether it is a good time or a bad time to invest. you will only lose money if you sell at a loss.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:56:00 PM

The only person I talked about with bitcoin is my brother and sister who keeps asking for phone load to which they use my bitcoin for their mobiles. I once mentioned to them that bitcoin were used by criminals thru the deep web buying drugs, weapons and so on and they never mind lol.  I guess information isn't everything   Grin  From PHilippines.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:19:35 PM

my friend and relative actually don't know much about bitcoin , but when I try to explain them they said that it was stupid as instead of using bitcoin we can use PayPal and skill which has more security and the fraud people can easily be caught. They feel that there money is safe in there

Basically the same with my friends, unless they put effort to get all the info about Bitcoin it is much easier for them to trust in authority (paypal, their bank). Im happy to tell them what I think about the matter when I see they are interested, but obviously I do not push on them to try to use Bitcoin, because they would not appreciate the decentralized nature of Bitcoin and wouldnt see it much different from PayPal (plus confused with BTC units instead of USD). So I accept Bitcoin is not for them yet.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
oblomov

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 03:28:33 PM

I'm a successful professional in my late 40s, in mid-upper management at a Fortune 500 corporation in the US.

With a few exceptions, the people around me do not think of bitcoin at all.

My wife is aware of it and supports our modest investment in it (~3% of total assets).  However, this is mostly due to my educating her on it.

Of those I know who are aware of and invested in bitcoin, all of them are in their 20s or early 30s.

So I'm either young at heart or caught up in a bubble along with the millennials.  Grin

Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:20:55 PM

They just still wondering why "something like a mount of number being something worth".
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:10:56 PM

They just still wondering why "something like a mount of number being something worth".

Honestly, they don't need to wondering like that. If they want search what is bitcoin truly in search engine such as go*gle, yah*o and anything else. We can also explain them by spoken

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:52:58 PM

bitcoin isn't depending a lot on the black market. like fiat currencies, black markets are always part of the economy. it's not just bitcoin. beside that, doing a bit research before investing will give you a decent amount of knowledge about whether it is a good time or a bad time to invest. you will only lose money if you sell at a loss.

Oh yes, BTC depends on the black market A LOT. When Silk Road was closed, the BTC price went down a LOT (over 25%).
Also, all the ponzi schemes(HYIPs) are using BTC.All the hackers, crackers are using BTC as payment method. So, BTC is based on black market.

A very small part of people are using BTC for speculation.

E-gold and Liberty Reserve was the same a while ago. BTC is not different. Only the way is made is different. The black markets migrated from E-gold to Liberty Reserve and now to Bitcoin.
They will go where the anonymity is high. When the anonymity is no longer possible, the black markets are going to other places(other e-currencies).

So, BTC regulation (in fact, the exchangers are regulated; the GOVs requires financial licenses for exchangers) = the end of Bitcoin

kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:01:40 PM

People around me are divided in two groups. First group does not know too much about Bitcoin. They have some basic info gathered from news or Internet. But this is almost like it`s too dangerous, it`s connected with black market and drugs. The second group does not have any idea, just "who can pay too much for such virtual nothing", they basicaly ask where is the value?
I try to explain and hope I can explain it and increase the interest.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:44:27 PM

Oh yes, BTC depends on the black market A LOT. When Silk Road was closed, the BTC price went down a LOT (over 25%).
Also, all the ponzi schemes(HYIPs) are using BTC.All the hackers, crackers are using BTC as payment method. So, BTC is based on black market.

A very small part of people are using BTC for speculation.

E-gold and Liberty Reserve was the same a while ago. BTC is not different. Only the way is made is different. The black markets migrated from E-gold to Liberty Reserve and now to Bitcoin.
They will go where the anonymity is high. When the anonymity is no longer possible, the black markets are going to other places(other e-currencies).

So, BTC regulation (in fact, the exchangers are regulated; the GOVs requires financial licenses for exchangers) = the end of Bitcoin

Well stuff like this is expected, if there is a valued currency that is not really under government control, the black market will show an interest in using it more and more. This is common, and includes the example you said. But even other forms of payment such as services or precious metals have been used as a means of black market.

BTC regulation would not mean the end of Bitcoin, especially when you factor in your comment. It just means it will likely lose a fair chunk of its value (As you said) but it will still be used among the criminal underworld.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:12:23 AM

Honestly, they don't need to wondering like that. If they want search what is bitcoin truly in search engine such as go*gle, yah*o and anything else. We can also explain them by spoken
Basically they just people that do not want develop, they will starts using bitcoin when they see many people using it. They are following people but dont want start with their self. 
vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:48:41 AM

Basically they just people that do not want develop, they will starts using bitcoin when they see many people using it. They are following people but dont want start with their self. 

Out of my 900+ facebook friends, only 2 of them are in btc related groups/pages. Yeah, there's a long way untill mass adoption or even awareness...
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:56:49 AM

Out of my 900+ facebook friends, only 2 of them are in btc related groups/pages. Yeah, there's a long way untill mass adoption or even awareness...

In the world, there is a thing called peer pressure. When people start to pressure their friends into doing something, most of the time, the person will start do whatever it is. That is 1 way Bitcoin will spread.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:26:51 AM

In the world, there is a thing called peer pressure. When people start to pressure their friends into doing something, most of the time, the person will start do whatever it is. That is 1 way Bitcoin will spread.
Well yeah, once people get pressured into doing something/using something, then they will typically they will start using something. But they aren't typically pressured by people who use computers all day, or those they don't have huge social ties with. And I have a feeling that most of the people on this board do not have the same influence over their friends as others who don't use Bitcoin do...
bitraine

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:25:10 AM

people around me dont know much about bitcoin. even i exlain to them how bitcoin works, and still end up they didnt understand. they only knew about bitcoin is like a token to purchase in games credits,top up mobile,etc. they dindt think to invest or making money in bitcoin they think bitcoin is a scam.

some of my friends some of my close friend have intrest in bitcoin but they dont want to buy, they only do faucets and invest on hyip, doublers and gamble some, and they say its fun having a satoshi's
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:32:31 AM

Most people I know, when talked about Bitcoin say: "Yeah I have heard about that, it is dangerous they say", and then conversation does not go much further than that. They respond with "aham" or "uhum" to every thing you say.

Lol.. Even In my friends side they said same like it’s a criminals actively use this and they use to say its offensive and all. And my family or neighbors doesn’t know about bitcoin. So tried to teach about it. But they are interested on bitcoin.I know the value of it and enjoying with that.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:12:49 AM

People around me don't think to much about bitcoin, simple they do not care, but they think that bitcoin is a dark market currency because of many news that we see how hackers and thieves are using bitcoin so they are probably afraid to use them.
Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:22:08 AM

Yeah I was talking about bitcoin recently and a guy said: "I heard that they caught its creator and put him in jail (talking about Craig Wright)". I mean, just because he would have invented bitcoin, he'd deserve prison.
How I hope that's not the general opinion people have about bitcoin out there. But I'm probably too optimistic here...
Fortunately, that particular guy is very smart and I think open-minded. He just read that piece of news in the newspaper or heard it somewhere, not really paying attention. If he hears more about bitcoin he might change his mind.

But still, I don't like when people think that bitcoin is illegal. And in this case illegal to the point that its creator would deserve to do time.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
kheein

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

Turn your financial ideas into reality

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:15:01 AM

I come from indonesia , and around me no one has to know about bitcoin , and some people are already familiar with bitcoin . but so many of us are curious about bitcoin , and I believe the future bitcoin will famous. and development is unstoppable.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: