Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:32:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42928 times)
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:40:09 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2015, 06:10:53 PM by Kevin77

No one I know understands it properly. Some of my friends do, but they no longer use it haha. 

In my locality also there is hardly anyone or rather I should say no one who knows about Bitcoin. Working online i have met many people who think of BTC as a risky venture. Due to fluctuations in value and non acceptance as mode of payment by many stores, people tend to avoid using it.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:42:11 PM

No one I know understands it properly. Some of my friends do, but they no longer use it haha. 

In my locality also their is hardly anyone or rather i should say no one who knows about Bitcoin. Working online i have met many people who think of BTC as a risky venture. Due to  fluctuations in value and non acceptance as mode of payment by many stores, people tend to avoid using it.

That's true mate, same is the case in my country as no one is aware about bitcoins around me and if I wish to introduce them to bitcoins they laugh at me or make some weird faces as they don't want to experiment with their money and they really don't want to invest their money in something that they really don't know and they have a feeling that they might loose all their money by investing into any crypto currecny.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 06:13:13 PM

In my locality also their is hardly anyone or rather i should say no one who knows about Bitcoin. Working online i have met many people who think of BTC as a risky venture. Due to  fluctuations in value and non acceptance as mode of payment by many stores, people tend to avoid using it.

That's true mate, same is the case in my country as no one is aware about bitcoins around me and if I wish to introduce them to bitcoins they laugh at me or make some weird faces as they don't want to experiment with their money and they really don't want to invest their money in something that they really don't know and they have a feeling that they might loose all their money by investing into any crypto currecny.

With some countries not showing clear cut decisions on bitcoin support, lots of people will be afraid of making use of it. Nobody would like to make investment and later gain loss, while some of them haven’t heard of it, or they have heard of it, but, don’t have a clear understanding about it.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:32:32 PM

Really true that many of my friends who knows about Bitcoins but don't trust it completely and due the jobs timings some of them they are busy and take rest in the evening. And its true that many of them doesn't understand and they even don't try it. Because they don't know how fruitful is Bitcoins.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:07:36 PM

The young people are excited and ask for more information, some actually download the wallet.

The elderly people mostly ignore it as being something not meant for them.
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:58:26 PM

Most of them don't make an effort to understand it.
For them it is something that's not important. I can't blame them though, i was like that too.
number2

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:25:28 PM

I was just talking to my buddy today about Bitcoin and he does not agree with how things will get better with holding bitcoin in the future.  he is one of those uneducated people who think that bitcoin is only used in the black market and that nothing good and legal can come of it.  So i educated him a bit and he might get on board. 
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:27:56 PM

Really true that many of my friends who knows about Bitcoins but don't trust it completely and due the jobs timings some of them they are busy and take rest in the evening. And its true that many of them doesn't understand and they even don't try it. Because they don't know how fruitful is Bitcoins.
The key is being able to inform them of the value of BTC and what the future could be.  Bitcoin is like a stock right now and the only way it can go is up, if people continue to use it and increase their spending in BTC.  The more people that use it, the better the value, because it will be more in demand.  Give the people what they want, but you need to show them what they are supposed to want!

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:07:49 PM

The key is being able to inform them of the value of BTC and what the future could be.  Bitcoin is like a stock right now and the only way it can go is up, if people continue to use it and increase their spending in BTC.  The more people that use it, the better the value, because it will be more in demand.  Give the people what they want, but you need to show them what they are supposed to want!
Many of friends with whom I shared the experiences and the services, benefits of Bitcoins.some of them already started started using Bitcoins and doing trading but still are someone who thinks too much, still trying go depth of Bitcoins.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 09:27:00 PM

Many of friends with whom I shared the experiences and the services, benefits of Bitcoins.some of them already started started using Bitcoins and doing trading but still are someone who thinks too much, still trying go depth of Bitcoins.

Yeah but that is the right thing to do, I mean if you are introduced to something really new you  would think twice to get into it and what your friends are doing is right, as they should have faith in bitcoins then only they would enjoy using bitcoins or earning bitcoins.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 10:26:57 PM

I was just talking to my buddy today about Bitcoin and he does not agree with how things will get better with holding bitcoin in the future.  he is one of those uneducated people who think that bitcoin is only used in the black market and that nothing good and legal can come of it.  So i educated him a bit and he might get on board. 

Every coin has two sides and so does bitcoins, but the important thing is how we view at it and how we treat it, either positive or negative, so its good that you recommended your friend to use bitcoins now it is totally his decision how he views bitcoin.
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:43:03 AM

Most dont know what Bitcoin is. And these that heard about it, they think it is some sort of scam or used mostly for buying drugs. So basically, what tv and news say about bitcoin.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:47:08 AM

Talking to family about it over the holiday dinner table, they still can not make heads or tails out of them.
You try and explain and you just get a blank stare and then after you are finished trying to explain what they are and how they work, you just get an agreeable nod. Like saying "Great!" next conversation  Cheesy

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:17:45 AM

They do not even know of Bitcoin, so it wouldn't matter. Some do, some don't. I don't think they'd be too interested in it until it starts to work. It's been six-eight years and the price just keeps dropping. It's kind of disappointing.
Tavos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 03:23:36 AM

Some of my friends think Bitcoin is dumb, and one of my friends is into Bitcoin.
So, I guess meh.

Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:13:26 AM

They do not even know of Bitcoin, so it wouldn't matter. Some do, some don't. I don't think they'd be too interested in it until it starts to work. It's been six-eight years and the price just keeps dropping. It's kind of disappointing.
Maybe some people are already comfortable with his own work and consider bitcoin just a waste of time. Bitcoin is used basically to raise money, and I think in bitcoin less suitable to say as a permanent job. And if the person already has a huge income they definitely will not glance into bitcoin because it already has its own large income.
heldertb

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Blockchain-based Financial Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 05:39:01 AM

In my locality also there is hardly anyone or rather I should say no one who knows about Bitcoin. Working online i have met many people who think of BTC as a risky venture. Due to fluctuations in value and non acceptance as mode of payment by many stores, people tend to avoid using it.

I  think about bitcoin. bitcoin is very use full software because bitcoin is good way for earn money .he is also give very good service and for life is also better

█▮▬█▀▀▀ YouHodler.com ▀▀▀█▬▮█
Keep Crypto. Get Cash
   Cool█▮ The highest Loan-to-Value ratio ▮ No minimum monthly payments and no hidden fees ▮ Major cryptocurrencies as collateral ▮█   Cool
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:40:03 AM

Just this Saturday I have been told by someone that what I am doing is illegal and that I am into stealing money from someone in the internet.. what the heck!! funny but its really hard to explain what is bitcoin...  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:44:54 AM

Just this Saturday I have been told by someone that what I am doing is illegal and that I am into stealing money from someone in the internet.. what the heck!! funny but its really hard to explain what is bitcoin...  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Misunderstanding is most common for any technology. Most of the people are so orthodox, they are unable to break their own barriers to come out to embrace bitcoin. Recently I change one of my friend's view on bitcoin by showing good returns from my bitcoin trading.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:55:00 AM

When People around look me always in bitcoin, some asked why you wasting your time. I explained them about the technology as well as the benefits. Hearing this few got interest and joined. Few trying to know more, so sometimes in future they may join. Only few said this is useless.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: