Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42928 times)
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:56:44 AM

So, what do people around you (relatives, co-workers, co-ed, friends...) think about Bitcoin ? Please, indicate your country, so this way I'll be able to make a synthesis about what people think about Bitcoin.

For me : I come from France. My relatives think that it's criminals' tool and that since they can't touch money they don't trust it (note that those same persons are pro-banks, where you can't touch money). My friends think that it is useless and that it has no future. Both of them agree that scare them the most is the Bictoin's price volatibility.

So not so positive Undecided. I hope that you aren't in the same situation.
i come from UK,my friends,my co-worker and my relatives think that bitcoin is internet thing that can traded with money,they know it whe i'm tell them about what they ask,they dont care about bitcoin,so many people knowing bitcoin as something hard to get,and its make me so hard to introduce bitcoin to some of my friends or families.
ImnotOctopus

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 07:18:19 AM

So, what do people around you (relatives, co-workers, co-ed, friends...) think about Bitcoin ? Please, indicate your country, so this way I'll be able to make a synthesis about what people think about Bitcoin.

For me : I come from France. My relatives think that it's criminals' tool and that since they can't touch money they don't trust it (note that those same persons are pro-banks, where you can't touch money). My friends think that it is useless and that it has no future. Both of them agree that scare them the most is the Bictoin's price volatibility.

i come from UK,my friends,my co-worker and my relatives think that bitcoin is internet thing that can traded with money,they know it whe i'm tell them about what they ask,they dont care about bitcoin,so many people knowing bitcoin as something hard to get,and its make me so hard to introduce bitcoin to some of my friends or families.
My location is phillipines. all my friends in facebook knows about bitcoin is far like 10 person every island.
Were like a team in short trading.
We dont care what people think about Bitcoin.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 07:22:20 AM

My location is phillipines. all my friends in facebook knows about bitcoin is far like 10 person every island.
Were like a team in short trading.
We dont care what people think about Bitcoin.
sI am also most friends on facebook all bitcoin users. but the question is around your home such as your family and friends. what they think about bitcoin. like around my family none of whom knew about bitcoin but some of my friends use bitcoin because my advice.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:49:33 AM

My family thinks that bitcoin is a cool thing to use.

By people in my country, they only know bitcoin because of a terrorist attack that will cease for bitcoins.
Erkallys (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 09:06:56 PM

I'm from The Netherlands and most people around me think they are too late to join the party and that all the gains have been made already.
Next, they keep asking me how it is doing when the price was dropping down from 1200, and after that they never mention it anymore.

I think it's maybe late to join, but not too late.
as long as bitcoin exists, it's not too late.

probably they didn't understand that bitcoin is really money  Grin

Everyone saying that it is too late to join is looking to get rich overnight. I don't think that their presence in the Bitcoin sphere would be really useful.
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 09:09:32 PM

Most of the people around me are pretty stupid and they have no idea about Bitcoin, so they tell me that I shouldn't have invested in Bitcoin.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 09:09:37 PM

They don't understand it and have very little willingness to learn, there are a few that are as interested as myself but they are few and far in between the majority who do not.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:09:19 PM

There is very minimum amount of people who know bitcoin here around me,
But when I try to inform them that there is a specific currency invented for the virtual use then they easily accept it, but they immediately ask the question that how will we be able to convert it to our own currency.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:42:33 PM

Most of the people around me are pretty stupid and they have no idea about Bitcoin, so they tell me that I shouldn't have invested in Bitcoin.
perhaps, they not invest in bitcoin because their heard some rumors if bitcoin will scam in the end and not safe. i think they all is wrong because bitcoin is pretty safe and good investment. so guys make your choice before it's too late.
Kollor

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:37:56 AM

As of this time, I haven't encounter anyone who dare to ask me what it is... but of course, if someone would ask me what it is, I will definitely explain it to them...its up to them if what they will do when they know about it, I don't want to force anyone to join me...
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:19:03 PM

perhaps, they not invest in bitcoin because their heard some rumors if bitcoin will scam in the end and not safe. i think they all is wrong because bitcoin is pretty safe and good investment. so guys make your choice before it's too late.
Its not just about hearing and getting into coins.If you ask those who lost a significant sum of money because of scams ,hacks or other chargeable techniques then they would never recommend to use it but they wont be stereotype's then.

You are positive and think they are wrong cause you are doing good in it or haven't invested much from your real life assets and don't worry a lot.
kartaggen

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:54:48 PM

People around me think that it is a waste of time and money, and bitcoin holds no great future ahead, they find it illegal as Government as not made any official announcement about it.
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:03:26 PM

People around me think that it is a waste of time and money, and bitcoin holds no great future ahead, they find it illegal as Government as not made any official announcement about it.

You have to convince them they had wrong ideas and informations about Bitcoin , telling them that many famous ewallets support Bitcoin nowadays
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:36:02 PM

You have to convince them they had wrong ideas and informations about Bitcoin , telling them that many famous ewallets support Bitcoin nowadays

Well some people are just ignorant. They are not open for reasonable arguments. When it come to bitcoin i've learned a lot of people are ignorant.
Mostly because the media is really against it for forced to write negative things about bitcoin.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:36:27 PM

I already convinced some people around me that Bitcoin is real money and useful , legal currency , and they changed their minds about this powerful crypto currency and even some of them started using it as well
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:48:39 PM

they actually think that im slightly dumb that i use bitcoins, but i dont care about it and i do whatever i want

It means people around you knows something about bitcoin, and probably they were not in favor of bitcoin and it might be according to their experience...  Smiley
nope i think even they do not know anything about bitcoin. so they assume that only fools people are using bitcoin. their perspective might like it. I thought it was reasonable for someone who do not know about the new things (bitcoin)
angryrob

Activity: 287

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:50:55 PM

they actually think that im slightly dumb that i use bitcoins, but i dont care about it and i do whatever i want

It means people around you knows something about bitcoin, and probably they were not in favor of bitcoin and it might be according to their experience...  Smiley
nope i think even they do not know anything about bitcoin. so they assume that only fools people are using bitcoin. their perspective might like it. I thought it was reasonable for someone who do not know about the new things (bitcoin)

Yes, they feel that we are wasting our time and money by investing into bitcoins, as they feel that bitcoin will not survive longer and you are risking your money by investing into it.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:54:11 PM

Yes, they feel that we are wasting our time and money by investing into bitcoins, as they feel that bitcoin will not survive longer and you are risking your money by investing into it.

People make fun of us. You are wasting your time, because of your work someone is gonna get benefited. They don't believe when I give some description about cryptocurrency.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:22:27 AM

Most people around me don't give bitcoin much thought at all. Some just can't bother themselves to lear/understand what it is exactly and others feel like they've missed the boat on cheap prices so they again don't bother about it.

I've explained bitcoin to friends and family and they've responded along the lines of, "Cool story, bro." "Interesting..." "I'll look into it," "Meh," etc, etc. I suspect they make fun of me about it behind my back, I dunno.

I have, however, gotten my brother to buy a few bitcoin, but I think he did so mostly just so he wouldn't have to hear me talk about it all the time, lol.

Oh well, it's like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:51:59 AM

They only know about bitcoin through me but they don't have much interest to acquire it themselves. I think if I ever made a lot of money through bitcoin they would start to gain some interest but at the moment they are waiting to see some miracle results from me first. My Dad at the moment thinks it's too high risk as an investment due to it's volatility. My Son though admires what I do especially because I run my own altcoin but He is also waiting to see what comes out of it all.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: