Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:08:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24222 times)
SomeRandomDude

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:44:30 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 10:09:26 AM by SomeRandomDude

Signed message or this is just another PR stunt for whatever the reason this man may have.
I call BS and all future Satoshi-wannabes who are not able to sign a message and happen talk themselve around doing so.
Edit: Words/grammar. Also: Yes, obviously moving a fraction of the old coins would be another good way of providing proof too. But I think we'll never see this happening.

The real Satoshi could do a move to show everyone, that this is just a Satoshi-wannabe. But I don't know. Reacting to such a thing would be a risk too.
If I would be the real Satoshi - I would never ever provide any proof, never move any coins, never draw attention to myself and just let Bitcoin be.
I don't know if it would be technically possible - but if the real Satoshi would sign a message + move coins and tell the public, that they still haven't found the real Satoshi, wouldn't that put the real Satoshi's hidden identity at risk? Couldn't it somehow be tracked, if some 3 letter agencies would have let's say 50 suspected persons they are constantly watching for doing such a move and then just bust him? That's at least what I would do, if my task would be to find the real one - get people's and Satoshi's attention for such a made up thing via the media and just wait which of the suspected real Satoshis reacts in which way. Also if some random guy would let's say want to get this award for himself, the real Satoshi may be in need to act and dox him as a fake Satoshi - because it would not be fair to claim the award as a Satoshi-faker. (If that even might be one of his goals some day)
---> If my crazy theory might be just a little bit correct we will never see any proof for Satoshi's identity ever. None of the old coins on the move, no signed message, nothing. If Satoshi would let himself drive by emotions, he might do it. If he is intelligent enough to not do anything, these kind of stories will just repeat and repeat without any real proof at all.

Also apologies for my bad English and grammar mistakes.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:47:36 AM

Signed message or this is just another PR stunt for whatever the reason this man may have.
I call BS and all future Satoshi-wannabes who are not able to sign a message or talk themselve around doing so.

a signed pgp message is one thing..

but something that would cause controversy is not the identity of satoshi. but if satoshi still has privkeys of addresses from january09-summer09
and annoncing that just 0.1btc will move from an early address on christmas day (pre-announcing it) and then actually doing it on the day.. well that would solve any speculation that the early funds are or are not lost to oblivion

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
SomeRandomDude

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:00:46 AM

I call BS and all future Satoshi-wannabes who are not able to sign a message or talk themselve around doing so.

but something that would cause controversy is not the identity of satoshi. but if satoshi still has privkeys of addresses from january09-summer09
and annoncing that just 0.1btc will move from an early address on christmas day (pre-announcing it) and then actually doing it on the day.. well that would solve any speculation that the early funds are or are not lost to oblivion

See edited content above. I should just have posted it as a new post, but anyway. Edited it. Just my 2 cents.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:02:21 AM

Christmas is too early - his Bitcoin-core is still downloading... and downloading...and downloading... make it Easter 2016.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 10:06:07 AM

best comment on reddit by far: "God dammit Wired, my wife woke me up for this bullshit." https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3vzgnd/bitcoins_creator_satoshi_nakamoto_is_probably/cxs31lt

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:14:10 AM

Christmas is too early - his Bitcoin-core is still downloading... and downloading...and downloading... make it Easter 2016.

Dr wright has a miner in iceland.. so having the blockchain synced would not be an issue
which also raises another point to debunk Wright being satoshi.. because wright supposedly has 1 million coins.. but if you own over 6% of circulation and (satoshi) wanted a fair distributed money system.. why keep mining and hoarding for 6 years. instead of letting the world have a share..

wright seems to be a money grabbing egotist
satoshi seemed a open minded entity that wanted a fairer money system

their personalities dont match

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:17:51 AM

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2644013/20140226-Meeting-Minutes-Redacted.txt

Craig Wright had mined a lot of Bitcoins. Craig then took the Bitcoins and put them into a
Seychelles Trust. A bit of it was also put into Singapore. This was run out of an entity from the
UK. Craig had gotten approximately 1.1 million Bitcoins. There was a point in time, when he had
around 10% of all the Bitcoins out there. Mr Kleiman would have had a similar amount. However,
Mr Kleiman passed away during that time. He was a war veteran; he was wheel chair bound.
The deed between Craig Wright and W&K was created in 2012. W&K gave Craig Wrights rights
to the Bitcoins and he has used the Bitcoins to do all this stuff.
Mr Kleiman and Craig Wright decided to start up W&K because they both wanted to get involved
with Bitcoins. They recognised that this industry was not regulated and they wanted to start up a
regulated Bitcoin bank.
They knew they couldn’t do this in the US so they wanted to do this in
Australia.
Hanna

Activity: 20
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:24:00 AM

How has Wright been supporting himself? He owns 3 properties in various locations in Australia.
If he is Satoshi he has access to an unbelievable fortune!
He's got kids - are they in great school (who wouldn't spend money on their children's education, if they had it?)

If he really was Satoshi and didn't want it known - then he shouldn't have done that panel shown in the video. Or he should have had a cover story ready instead of dropping "I am Satoshi" hints left, right and centre.

Why did he go for a Japanese name? Does Wright happen to be a huge anime fan, and fluent in Japanese? Or maybe he has some other connection to Japan?   Check his Facebook.

Satoshi's writing has been with Commonwealth spelling, not US
. That supports his being Australian. Of course, it could be "planted" but the comments in question were made long before anyone had any hunch Bitcoin would take off.

Seems he's close to the heart of Bitcoin either way.
Perhaps he was number 2 in a duo headed  by the guy who died.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:25:24 AM

Dr wright has a miner in iceland.. so having the blockchain synced would not be an issue
which also raises another point to debunk Wright being satoshi.. because wright supposedly has 1 million coins.. but if you own over 6% of circulation and (satoshi) wanted a fair distributed money system.. why keep mining and hoarding for 6 years. instead of letting the world have a share..

Satoshi wanted a fairer money system, and Wright teams up with Ferrier which turned out to be a wrong decision: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2644013/20140226-Meeting-Minutes-Redacted.txt

Craig Wright was speaking in a conference in Melbourne. He was giving a talk about Bitcoins
and mining. He was then approached by a man by the name of Mark Ferrier and that was how
they met. This was how the relationship was formed. They started talking. Craig Wright told Mark
Ferrier that he wanted to start up a Bitcoin bank. They then started emailing. Mark Ferrier told
him that he knew someone who could help him start up the bank. This was all done in early June
2013. Everything was done very quickly- most of it was done in one weekend. Craig Wright, with
the help of Mark Ferrier, agreed to purchase banking software from Al Baraka. Mark Ferrier also
convinced him to purchase gold ore. He also offered Ian Ferrier’s services to Mark Ferrier. Ian
Ferrier is Mark Ferrier’s father. Before engaging in Mark Ferrier’s services, Craig Wright had
conducted lots of checks on him and everything came up clean. So in essence, Craig Wright
wanted the banking software and Mark Ferrier wanted Bitcoins.
Around mid-July/August, Craig Wright released funds from an entity located in the UK to MJF
Consulting. This was all going through a server located in Central West Africa.
Mark Ferrier was then arrested in September 2013.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:31:51 AM

SataN aka moo shit
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:33:17 AM

The GnuPG preferred hashing algorithm metadata is hard proof of a hoax. Actually hard evidence rather than the circumstantial stuff from the articles. Forensics experts got out-forensics'ed.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:37:57 AM

Add this one :

Problem: Dr Wright didn't provide cryptographic evidence of his claims.
Thought: It's so fucking easy to do if you have the keys and will end all this nonsense speculation at once.

It seems just someone desperate to get some attention and solve his financial troubles.

The best I can ascertain is that Craig Wright concocted this entire episode at the time of Dave Kleiman's death, with his wife, Ramona Watts, in on the entire thing. They thought they had troubles before, I'd say they're pretty well fucked now.

Ding Ding Ding

I considered for a brief moment that Wright concocted the story to somehow get control of the late Dave Kleiman's bitcoin, but after looking a bit into Kleiman... it appears that is also not the case.

Exciting story though. The Tulip Trust was my favorite bit.
pogress

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:45:53 AM

Obviously one random early mined block could belong to anybody who just knew about Bitcoin since start, but does not prove it is Satoshi. Im amazed how much work Craig Wright put into the story and interiew but he does not deliver the only possible way how to prove it...
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:03:08 AM

... if the real Satoshi would sign a message + move coins and tell the public, that they still haven't found the real Satoshi, wouldn't that put the real Satoshi's hidden identity at risk? Couldn't it somehow be tracked, if some 3 letter agencies would have let's say 50 suspected persons they are constantly watching for doing such a move and then just bust him?

There are rumors that 3 letter agencies run half the Tor exit nodes to track people using Tor. I don't know how they attempt tracking, if it works, or how successful they are, but those are the rumors I read. Satoshi extensively used Tor to conceal his identity, but that might be more difficult today with 3 letter agency involvement. Someone with his skill could probably find other solutions, but IMO the risk of having his identity revealed would be higher today than five years ago.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:58:55 AM

First i was really convinced that Dr. Wright was Satoshi Nakamoto but now i am sure that he is not. Satoshi Nakamoto must be Batman and not James Bond Tongue

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:06:17 PM

First i was really convinced that Dr. Wright was Satoshi Nakamoto but now i am sure that he is not. Satoshi Nakamoto must be Batman and not James Bond Tongue

nah
Wright wants to be bruce wayne. billionaire egotistical business man with a secret 'symbol' for people to look upto called batman(satoshi)
even james bond is suave and egotistic

the issue is that satoshi never seemed like a egotistic brucewayne/batman persona.
if anything he was clark kent/superman, (low key average geek in real life)

FairlayBTCPredictions

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:08:27 PM

For those of you being sure, there is an open market on Fairlay to bet if Craig Steven Wright is Satoshi Nakamoto: https://www.fairlay.com/predict/registered/new/is-craig-steven-wright-satoshi-nakamoto/.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:22:52 PM

Waiting for 'I am not Craig.  He's a douchebag.' post from satoshi's BCT account.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:27:28 PM

What I've learned from all this is that MRSA is a real bitch. Rest in peace, Dave.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:05:20 PM

This is fake and it seems it was a bait to lure press to Wright claim. This Wright has nothing to do with creation of bitcoin. Satoshi Nakamoto will never create a bitcoin bank. LOL guys BITCOIN BANK??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: