Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:15:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24222 times)
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:35:56 AM

Did we start a book club because this thread is nothing but fantasy.  

Mr Wannabe Nakamoto here is a fucking loon.
Listen, give it up.

A huge percentage of people believe Craig = Satoshi, or at least that it is possible.  And there is no definitive smoking gun that proves he isn't.   So run along and try and bully other people into conforming to your thinking by force of tough words and bravado.  

It's called freedom to think and believe what we want in case you aren't familiar with the concept.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aerobatic (OP)

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:48:50 AM

having viewed some of his lectures, he clearly shows he's very techie and competent.  he understands computer architectures and programming at a very detailed level.  he is knowledgeable about supercomputing as well as programming in Assembler and C (and presumably Forth, since he mentioned that in the las vegas investor video).  he's no amateur programmer...  his programming capability seems to be well above average and seems capable of doing the job

btw, in his lecture he offers students (presumably free) access to his supercomputer to try things out.

keepdoing

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:55:53 AM

having viewed some of his lectures, he clearly shows he's very techie and competent.  he understands computer architectures and programming at a very detailed level.  he is knowledgeable about supercomputing as well as programming in Assembler and C (and presumably Forth, since he mentioned that in the las vegas investor video).  he's no amateur programmer...  his programming capability seems to be well above average and seems capable of doing the job

btw, in his lecture he offers students (presumably free) access to his supercomputer to try things out.

All of which brings us around to the fact he has a supercomputer running bitcoin scaling models, and is soon(?) to release papers on findings, and claims bitcoin Turing capability.

I think what is wierding me out about this entire Craig/Satoshi debate (which I honestly could give a S#it about) is the fact that this guy looks to have more potential impact on bitcoin than Hearn, Gavin, etc ever did with XT.

And the subject is being avoided like the plague, Below A Certain Level Publicly. 

Satoshi or not, it really would take an utter embicil to dismiss this guy out of hand as being irrelevant.

For example..... has ANY of the Core Dev team made any serious comment on this (aside from the Satoshi angle)?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:56:48 AM

having viewed some of his lectures, he clearly shows he's very techie and competent.  he understands computer architectures and programming at a very detailed level.  he is knowledgeable about supercomputing as well as programming in Assembler and C (and presumably Forth, since he mentioned that in the las vegas investor video).  he's no amateur programmer...  his programming capability seems to be well above average and seems capable of doing the job

You mean he used to offer students access to his supercomputer to try things out given that he no longer has access to said computer and has left the country in which it's located, now hiding in the UK with wife and kids while deleting his existence every place he can on the Internet.

Bitcoin's Supercomputer Heroes:

Left to right: Craig Steven Wright; John Fitzpatrick; Ed Trice.
keepdoing

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:57:18 AM

....it really would take an utter embicil ......
Yes, the irony of the mispelling is not lost on me.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:59:56 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 05:17:31 AM by Gleb Gamow

Are you typing in the raw on a laptop resting on your junk sitting in Sheldon's spot?  Tongue
keepdoing

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:05:14 AM

Are typing in the raw on a laptop resting on your junk sitting in Sheldon's spot?  Tongue
And again.... another example of why so many are slightly concerned that the future of global finance and societal trends are being steered by immature prepubescent morons.
suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:12:34 AM

One of the old theories out there was that satoshi was a group of people and not just one person. I think it's much more compelling argument that Wright may just be one member of that group. But, why claim that you are satoshi after all this time is lost on me.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:21:46 AM

Are [you] typing in the raw on a laptop resting on your junk sitting in Sheldon's spot?  Tongue
And again.... another example of why so many are slightly concerned that the future of global finance and societal trends are being steered by immature prepubescent morons.

All because I forget to type 'you' I now have to Google 'prepubescent' to see what it means. For shits and giggles I'll also Google 'postpubescent'.
keepdoing

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:22:07 AM

One of the old theories out there was that satoshi was a group of people and not just one person. I think it's much more compelling argument that Wright may just be one member of that group. But, why claim that you are satoshi after all this time is lost on me.
You've got to realize that Craig's "admissions" are old leaked data.  NOT statement HE is making now.  He's not claimed to be Satoshi in any public fashion that was intentional.

And statements he has made are pretty clear that he acknowledges "the team" but that "the team" identity is sacrosanct - something that he sincerely hoped for himself.  

Here's what has most likely happened.  Craig got hacked by a disgruntled ex team member, or someone on the fringe of the team.  They were pissed and attempted blackmail/extortion.  The "fake" stuff was probably planted by Craig/Team in order to taint the breach of security.

It has half worked, and half not.  It HAS worked to the extent that their is still anonymity at some level for a time.  I mean, there isn't global 99% concensus - with which media coverage would be millions of times worse by now.  You'd have the whole paparazzi effect in hyper drive by now.

AND it is important to understand that it is quite possible that you're only seeing a snapshot in time of Craig = Satoshi.  For all you know Kleinman could have taken a turn(s) (would explain most posting times in U.S. for example)

I think that Craig was possibly the "designated Satoshi" by concensus most/all of the time.
aerobatic (OP)

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:24:57 AM

why do you and many others here say that he's claiming to be satoshi?  quite the opposite... he was 'outed' by hackers and journalists and now appears to be on the run.  and has shut down all of his digital personal footprints (closed twitter accounts, youtube etc)...  nowhere does it say that he wanted to be known as satoshi, except in private emails (that were made public, presumably without his knowledge or involvement).   if they were deliberately leaked by him thats another matter entirely!

this doesn't - on the face of it - appear to be a man trying to claim publicly that he's satoshi (at least not directly).  he is giving the impression, perhaps, accurately, that he's in hiding and doesn't want to talk to anyone.   he's cut off all communication with everyone.  if he's a fraudster, he's certainly a very reluctant one.  as mentioned in m previous message, he seems to be extremely techie, and has most of the skills required to have done the job. 
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:40:20 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 05:57:35 AM by Gleb Gamow

From the desk of Craig "Delusional" Wright: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2644012/20140218-Transcript-Redacted.txt

Wright

And one of the other difficulties is at the moment we're looking at doing it in a
trust. We will hold that in Singapore and we will issue trust rights in Australia.
A trust is – you know, unit trusts are input taxed and I will automate them. I
will build the software the same as bitcoin, as a wrap-around bitcoin, and we
will have a GST-free bitcoin because it's attached to a trust.

Wright

And the IP ID which is ..... location information assigned to an IP address, for
the date of the supply is matching all the emails to do with the transfers
etcetera is – matches Doncaster, UK where the entity that manages the trust
happens to be sitting.

Sommer

So - - -

Wright

As are the dates and it's public information that can't be changed ....

Craig Wright is referencing blog post dates that can't be changed as proof. HAHAHA

Wright

What happened was the day before sort of everything else we did the contract
exchange but I formed the company the day after, so we had an agreement
that I would form this company, which I then did, but – so I was acting for a
company I was going to form, which was sort of out there but not out there
, if
that makes sense.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:17:55 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 06:29:02 AM by Gleb Gamow

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2644012/20140218-Transcript-Redacted.txt

Wright

Yes. I don't want to run something that we have 100,000 bitcoin one day and
the next day, oops, it's gone.

McMaster

I know there has been some issues overseas with Mount Cox.

Sommer

Mount Cox.

Wright

Mount Cox, yeah.

Sommer

Yeah, Mount Cox is causing us trouble for all other sorts of reasons at the
moment.

Wright

Yes. The little buggers won't release my fucking money.

Wally Cox, meet Alan Turing.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:07:39 AM

From the desk of Satoshi Uses Paper Wallets: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2644012/20140218-Transcript-Redacted.txt

Sommer

It's just - my point is this: creating these lumpy supplies where there's no
actual consumption where, you know, it's basically – you know, moneys are
..... value and what we've done is move a ..... value from one entity to another
entity or a third entity where it retains its value without any consumption and
you've got – the whole idea of the consumption tax is not to drag that sort of
transaction into the system and by treating as something other than money,
that's what we're doing. And I take ..... entirely that, you know, that – refunds,
sure. And if it was $38 million worth of goods I wouldn't have a problem but
it's $38 million of stuff that can't be consumed - - -

Wright

But that's why I've made it a paper wallet so that it is a thing.

McMaster

But a paper wallet, if I understand it correctly, is the private key, okay, and you
can - - -

Wright

That stores within it, yes.

McMaster

Okay. And so you would have stored it on a USB stick or something like that
or - - -

Wright

No, no, actual paper wallet.

McMaster

- - - you physically wrote it down?

Wright

I physically made a paper wallet containing the keys.

McMaster

Okay.

Wright

And actually took that to the guys at the tourist fund scheme thing and sort of
handed it over and said, "This is what it is. This is how we can validate it and
here's the QR code" and they went, "What's a QR code?" And then I said,
"Well, okay. If we do our phone here, and what you do is you take a photo of
it so that you can check later if you can't figure it now and here's what we do"
and I stepped them all through it and they called their manager and said,
"What the hell is this?"

McMaster

They would have been flustered.

Wright

Yeah, and then we - - -

McMaster

Okay.

Page 30 of 40

Interview Conducted with Craig WRIGHT

Wright

Then we did the 10 million plus bit and then we – "There's no enough digits,
sir" and called over someone else and then the whole team got over there and
then I held up the line for half an hour and everyone must have hated me - - -

Chester

Anything just to prove a point.

Sommer

I don't think it's – I don't - - -

McMaster

Was that - - -

Sommer

- - - think it's goods anyway.

McMaster

Was that wallet registered anywhere, by the way? With Blockchain, for
instance?

Wright

Is it - - -

McMaster

A registered wallet with Blockchain.

Wright

Yes, yeah.

McMaster

Because I had a look at the invoice you provided to the Customs people and
unless I've mis-keyed it I can't locate it.

Wright

You should be able to.

McMaster

Yeah. It may be that I've mis-keyed it but I will have another go.

Sommer

I don't think it matters in the sense that it's not goods. I don't care what you – I
don't care how much paper Craig creates, it's not goods. It doesn't qualify but
it was transferred between legal people.

McMaster

Yeah

Wright

That's the number down the bottom if you want to take it.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:59:49 AM

http://prwire.com.au/pr/51565/the-demorgan-ltd-group-of-companies-to-receive-up-to-54-million-from-ausindustry-r-amp-d-tax-rebate-scheme-1

Sydney, NSW, May 11, 2015– DeMorgan Ltd is please to advise that the companies in its controlled group have satisfied the requisite criteria under AusIndustry’s R&D Tax Incentive Scheme for an advance finding with respect to R&D activities conducted in the development of smart contract and Blockchain based technologies.

Under the scheme, companies with a turnover of less than $20 million are entitled to a cash refund of up to 45 cents per dollar spent on eligible research and development activity. Accordingly, DeMorgan Ltd and controlled companies is eligible to receive up to approximately $54,000,000 R&D cash rebate for R&D activities conducted in the 2014/2015 financial year.

The best I can figure out is that Craig Wright placed Satoshi's unmoved bitcoins onto a bogus paper wallet put in control of one of the companies he's a major shareholder of, then loan millions of the worth of the bogus paper wallet to another entity that he's a major shareholder of, then perhaps done so again to another entity he's a major shareholder of, then pretended to purchase some shit and spend all the millions and was entitled to a tax refund of which he flaunted to garner investments, all after he and his lawyer team convinced a nice ATO guy that bitcoin was money. (or something like that, with hopefully somebody else can better express my gist)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:26:29 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=246617

The following is this dude's ONLY two post, most likely Dr. Craig Steven Wright's nym. Checkout this at Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/noreadon (only 1 page + 1 post on another page declaring his lost at Mt Gox as his first post - wait till you see how much he lost. you'll be shocked!)

People, check this out, I found this on my friend facebook and I found that it is an extraordinary good news for bitcoin future. Please spread the news!!!

http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/31012784

From that, it is impressive that "With multi-layer security in place, Denariuz will guarantee the safety and protection of customer’s bitcoins in its secured cold storage vault removing Internet risks and security concerns. In addition, Denariuz will maintain a cold storage capital requirement that will cover customer losses and fraud and will act as externally audited deposit insurance offering an amount of up to 100,000 bitcoin."

It is 100,00 xbt for insurance. Let's wait and see about Denariuz - the first bitcoin bank. I checked their website also and seem like they will have a lot of big projects for bitcoin in the future. http://www.hotwirepe.com/

People, check this out, I found this on my friend facebook and I found that it is an extraordinary good news for bitcoin future. Please spread the news!!!

http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/31012784

From that, it is impressive that "With multi-layer security in place, Denariuz will guarantee the safety and protection of customer’s bitcoins in its secured cold storage vault removing Internet risks and security concerns. In addition, Denariuz will maintain a cold storage capital requirement that will cover customer losses and fraud and will act as externally audited deposit insurance offering an amount of up to 100,000 bitcoin."

It is 100,00 xbt for insurance. Let's wait and see about Denariuz - the first bitcoin bank. I checked their website also and seem like they will have a lot of big projects for bitcoin in the future. http://www.hotwirepe.com/

vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:18:12 PM

Epic!

Epic... or all of it is fake... Are those confirmed accounts?
ThePlan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:20:28 PM

Don't you guys see it? Satoshi aka Craig Wright intended to create the bitcoin bank as a temporary measure to be able to on ramp and familiarize the masses into the use of bitcoin
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 01:25:54 PM

Don't you guys see it? Satoshi aka Craig Wright intended to create the bitcoin bank as a temporary measure to be able to on ramp and familiarize the masses into the use of bitcoin

Familiarize the masses by getting his house and office raided?
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:29:42 PM

even his supercomputer it seems that is fake.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/sgi-denies-links-with-alleged-bitcoin-founder-craig-wright/#oo

i think and his education is completely fake. This guy is 100% fake person. A real genius scammer.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: