Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:44:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24222 times)
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:41:14 PM

I'm not convinced yet but at least they have some "evidence"
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:46:04 PM

Looks like Craig Wright considerably shorten his Linkedin page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/craigswright
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 08:48:29 PM

Did not read through the thread, but here goes...

I think all of this is a huge hoax, apart from the obvious part where satoshi can easily prove his identity by either posting on this forum, or any other known place he's been at...
How in the hell does this random guy come out of nowhere and start saying he's Satoshi Nakamoto? And people believe it.
Then the Wired article came out, I read it through and it looks so fake (for a lack of better term). So theatrical and unbelieveable.

If Wright really is Satoshi, congratulations! You;ve made my life a lot better. Now if you want to be known as Satoshi, spare five minutes and prove it as you should.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:55:20 PM

I'm glad you're on the case Bruno. You seem to have a talent for digging stuff up.

I've lost track - Klieman's the dead dude, right? The holder of the trust? Did I see elsewhere he's an ex-cop with a background hacking investigations?

Take a look at this from 2008: http://www.vidarholen.net/~vidar/overwriting_hard_drive_data.pdf

It's possible that Craig Wright did some legit work with Dave Kleiman back in the day unrelated to Bitcoin, then Craig developed some scheme in his Serial Uni mind to take advantage of Dave's demise, i.e., making it look like Dave was Satoshi since he's no longer around to deny it, thinking it prudent to not claim he and Hal Finney were Team Satoshi just in case the Popsicle came back to life, exiting his cryo chamber earlier than expected.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:58:29 PM

its a pretty convincing article i must say, and from watching the guy at a recent bitcoin meetup he seems pretty convincing, but lets face it who cars who satoshi is?  if he dosnt want to be found then then leavce him to it.  if he wanted i am sure he counld easily revele himself tomorrow and prove it.   Grin
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 09:03:37 PM

The guys plan was to -BUY- Bitcoin with investors money (even though he already holds more than anyone on earth)
THEN ..he planned on making a banking system with full ties and features to Fiat.
All for the sole purpose of getting people use to Bitcoin ?

Right.  Why would he need money if he has a million bitcoins?  It looks like a pretty simple con job, people here are overthinking it.

2 years ago, he started faking evidence that he was satoshi.  Not to fool the general public or any news outlets, but to fool individuals into giving him money.

He comes up with some Trust Fund concept that gives him an excuse for why he can't spend his BTC until 2020.  Gullible investors think he's a billionaire and that they only have to wait 5 years before he can give them piles of cash.  

Question: Why hadn't nary a gullible investor, potential or otherwise, not come out earlier exposing Craig Wright given that they had to be privy to Craig's claims that he had close ties to Satoshi if not being part of Team Satoshi himself?

Because it's not 2020 yet. 

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 09:09:14 PM

And seeing this puts the last nail in the coffin: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3w027x/dr_craig_steven_wright_alleged_satoshi_by_wired/cxslii7

Go away Wright!
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:11:42 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 10:49:23 PM by emelac

its a pretty convincing article i must say, and from watching the guy at a recent bitcoin meetup he seems pretty convincing, but lets face it who cars who satoshi is?  if he dosnt want to be found then then leavce him to it.  if he wanted i am sure he counld easily revele himself tomorrow and prove it.   Grin

I don't think the real Satoshi would attend a Bitcoin meetup because he values his privacy. The article doesn't convince me, it admits the whole thing could be an elaborate hoax, and picks holes in the "evidence. All the leaked documents are unverified, all the blog posts were edited, and the PGP key had its timestamp altered to make it look like it was created years earlier.

All of it could be an elaborate hoax—perhaps orchestrated by Wright himself. The unverified leaked documents could be faked in whole or in part. And most inexplicably of all, comparisons of different archived versions of the three smoking gun posts from Wright’s blog show that he did edit all three—to insert evidence of his bitcoin history. The PGP key associated with Nakamoto’s email address and references to an upcoming “cryptocurrency paper” and “triple entry accounting” were added sometime after 2013. Even the post noting bitcoin’s beta launch is questionable. While it was ostensibly posted in January 2009, it later seems to have been deleted and then undeleted—or possibly even written for the first time—sometime between October 2013 and June of 2014.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 09:55:48 PM

great find, never thought it was him. real Satoshi would probably just make a thread here signed with his bitcoin address...

keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:04:16 PM

I don't think the real Satoshi would attend Bitcoin meetup because he values his privacy. The article doesn't convince me, it admits the whole thing could be an elaborate hoax, and picks holes in the "evidence. All the leaked documents are unverified.....
...... unverified doesn't = untrue.
And, a simple reason for attending the conference could have been to control the release of the news.  If he new that his name was going to be released by Wired/Gizmoto, maybe this was his attempt to slowly step into the light, which he realized was going to be inevitable anyway.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:04:21 PM

They discovered nothing, nor will they. There's a good reason why Satoshi went silent, and that is to get away from government and press attacks.
It looks like now they are trying to lure him out by "exposing" other as him, trying to make him come out and show himself, but he's way smarter than that.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:05:13 PM

Brazen!

https://www.facebook.com/Dr.CraigSWright/

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:38:57 PM

Indeed... that's weird how an IT security and forensics expert got doxxed by "leaked emails"...  Huh

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
puffer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 10:45:52 PM

https://web.archive.org/web/20111123103148/http://craig-wright-cv.blogspot.com/

Quibus in rebus duo maxime fugienda sunt – ne quid effeminatum aut molle, et ne quid durum aut rusticum sit
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:47:09 PM

can real Satoshi Nakamoto really write a bullshit article like this?

https://theconversation.com/are-anonymous-and-lulzsec-about-to-hack-paypal-for-wikileaks-2582

this is completely fake.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 10:49:08 PM

Did you miss the part where he told someone to "leak" his email ?

Wright seemed to take personal offense at the Newsweek story. “I do not want to be your posterboy. I am not found and I do not want to be,” he writes in another message the same day. The email, addressed to a colleague and titled “please leak,” may have been an early draft of the Nakamoto’s posted denial of Newsweek’s story.

http://www.wired.com/2015/12/bitcoins-creator-satoshi-nakamoto-is-probably-this-unknown-australian-genius/

That's not a leak.  That's him dictating press releases.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:58:56 PM

Well, only one way to be sure; have him sign something with the private part of this key:

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1
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=3FTe
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Otherwise he is just looking for publicity!
And about that 10th Jan 09 with him releasing Bitcoin, would be nearly impossible for that page to be online for so long without anyone noticing it.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:59:29 PM

Did you miss the part where he told someone to "leak" his email ?

Wright seemed to take personal offense at the Newsweek story. “I do not want to be your posterboy. I am not found and I do not want to be,” he writes in another message the same day. The email, addressed to a colleague and titled “please leak,” may have been an early draft of the Nakamoto’s posted denial of Newsweek’s story.

http://www.wired.com/2015/12/bitcoins-creator-satoshi-nakamoto-is-probably-this-unknown-australian-genius/

That's not a leak.  That's him dictating press releases.

"please leak"  Grin Grin This guy is definitely not Satoshi.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:07:24 PM

The dude is a vaporware conman taking money from investors and running dozens of fake companies, he's been masquerading as SN for years, how could you people fall for this crap?

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:15:36 PM

This doc here is pretty interesting. I'd like to see that 30 million dollar tx on the blockchain. Also, it appears this guy got goxxed...  Tongue

The Directors have advised that $30 million was subscribed to by the shareholders in paid up capital and
this was injected via Bitcoins

+ Dr Wright, as the major shareholder no longer being able to provide financial accommodation to the
Company due to the collapse of the Mount Gox Bitcoin registry where we understand Dr Wright had a
significant exposure.

Edit - I think he's a con myself, the IPO for his company that was linked to earlier that runs that supercomputer is up soon, so he needs MOAR money!!!

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀