Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:40:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24222 times)
KingW

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:03:02 AM

Look like they are very close to finding him... This wright guy might be the creator of bitcoin. Mindblowing!
theymos_away

Activity: 82
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:10:13 AM

More proof that it's fake: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3w07lq/blockchain_scale_tests_by_alleged_satoshi_340_gb/cxsfhxb
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:16:17 AM

Listening to his rather impassioned response at 48:17 in the video, he certainly sounds like he was either in at the ground floor, or possibly even responsible for some influence over Bitcoin's design.  But as intriguing as speculation might be, let's leave Satoshi be, whoever they are.  After giving the gift of Bitcoin to us, the least we can do in return is respect their right to privacy.

Where did Satoshi claim he wanted Privacy formally ?
He disappeared not saying anything.. how do we jump to conclusions based on that alone ?

It blows me away how often i have seen your comment posted.

How do you all know he didn't want to me found one day ?
Maybe he has left us all clues and is playing a game to see who is smart enough to find him ?
Maybe he littered BTC around the world with clues as a game ?
Each hint comes with some free BTC LOL

Bitcoiners love one thing more than speculating.. assuming things and jumping to conclusions ROFL
..yeah that was 2 Wink

EDIT:
Many of you have made good points and i agree it does not seem like this guy is the real deal.

FUD first & ask questions later™
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:21:29 AM

when the Dorian Nakamoto story broke, someone posted from an old Satoshi account on another website, i can't remember which one, but they stated that they weren't Dorian. Can anyone else remember this? If Wright was Satoshi then surely he should be able to post again from that account and prove it, or hopefully a new denial will be posted soon. This wasn't to do with his hacked email.

edit: found it!
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?commentId=2003008%3AComment%3A52186

so if he or one of his team is Satoshi then all they have to do is post from that account, but they haven't. If trying to claim they are SN then that would be a very easy way to gain credibility

Whether he's Satoshi or not Wright's house in Australia was raided by police today, and I imagine they might arrest him or want to talk to him about whatever the reason for the raid was. I don't think he will have much time for posting stuff on the internet until he has dealt with the police raid.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:22:35 AM

Here's another dude on this forum who claimed to be building the largest bitcoin miner in the world complete with a power plant to power it right here in the US: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159164.0 Gotta love John Fitzpatrick. He's the real deal! HAHAHA
troof

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:23:16 AM

when the Dorian Nakamoto story broke, someone posted from an old Satoshi account on another website, i can't remember which one, but they stated that they weren't Dorian. Can anyone else remember this? If Wright was Satoshi then surely he should be able to post again from that account and prove it, or hopefully a new denial will be posted soon. This wasn't to do with his hacked email.

edit: found it!
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?commentId=2003008%3AComment%3A52186

so if he or one of his team is Satoshi then all they have to do is post from that account, but they haven't. If trying to claim they are SN then that would be a very easy way to gain credibility

Whether he's Satoshi or not Wright's house in Australia was raided by police today, and I imagine they might arrest him or want to talk to him about whatever the reason for the raid was. I don't think he will have much time for posting stuff on the internet until he has dealt with the police raid.

he could have posted from it anytime since the first time that Wired contacted him, to prove to them, he didn't have to post from the moment the story hit the press, he's had plenty time to do it.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:25:05 AM

Satoshi would put himself endanger when exposed and he knows this very well so this name as we all know isn't real. God knows the real Satoshi might have been in a remote island enjoying the sun, sipping coconut juice beside the shore, no worries about privacy and security.  Grin

ugghhh  Roll Eyes

He can buy an Army to protect him if he has a quarter billion dollars usd.

WOW way to jump to conclusions.

Let me guess.. USA CIA agents will kill him if he shows his face right ?  Roll Eyes

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:27:59 AM

Satoshi would put himself endanger when exposed and he knows this very well so this name as we all know isn't real. God knows the real Satoshi might have been in a remote island enjoying the sun, sipping coconut juice beside the shore, no worries about privacy and security.  Grin

ugghhh  Roll Eyes

Let me guess.. USA CIA agents will kill him if he shows his face right ?  Roll Eyes

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:28:04 AM

I cannot confirm nor deny these claims

Is your son Matthew Neal Wright, formally living in South Korean but now living in ... (yes, I know where he's bloody well at)?

I was going to PM you and tip you off on this.. figured it would be in your wheel house Wink

BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:30:52 AM

Reading the transcript... appears that there are people, specifically regulators, who have known he's Satoshi (if he is Satoshi).

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2644012-20140218-Transcript-Redacted.html

The document specifically mentions a private wallet of 55,000 coins... it seems to me that he's being totally cooperative and upfront. The 'investigation' is simply because they are almost clueless how to treat it... money, commodity, or intellectual property.

Can of worms it is.
BitDreams

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:31:40 AM

ugghhh  Roll Eyes

Well the police have raided his personal residence so there's no reason for burglars to break in.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:31:52 AM

https://www.getbitcoin.com.au/bitcoin-news/worlds-first-bitcoin-bank-opening

The new bank, Denariuz, is set to launch in the second half of 2014, and will not only provide bitcoin-based transactions, but equivalents to traditional savings accounts, term deposits, credit and debit cards, and loans.

Wright has indicated they will purchase over 100,000 bitcoins (worth $A73.6 million) with its investors’ money, and is aiming on amassing more than one million customers internationally.

Who is Hotwire PE?

Hotwire PE is a web technology company with about 50 staff across Australia and the US. Wright is a lecturer at Charles Sturt University in New South Wales, Australia, and has worked in information security for 15 years.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:34:35 AM

I cannot confirm nor deny these claims

Is your son Matthew Neal Wright, formally living in South Korean but now living in ... (yes, I know where he's bloody well at)?

I was going to PM you and tip you off on this.. figured it would be in your wheel house Wink

Hell, let's bring Our Gand here from over at the Cryptsy thread to weigh in starting with Hippy. If nobody objects, I'll play Darla.  Tongue Tongue Tongue
BitDreams

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:39:34 AM

Lol, in the transcript they call it Mt Cox  Cheesy
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:42:25 AM

Pic before the raid:

Pic after the raid:

Either agents in Australia are extreme careful to not mess anything up while conducting raids unlike what we see here in the States, or we're being played.

EDIT: Just read the article and have concluded we're being played.

The first image was taken mere hours prior to the second image taken after the raid, and all them bully agents opted not to touch the ladder and toy. Hell, I'm willing to bet they didn't even ruffle the leaves on the driveway in front of the garage door when they all made entry.

OHHH COME ONE this line...

The house was the only one on the street with a rubbish bin still outside and the letterbox was full, indicating that the house may have been empty recently

WOW that is some mighty convenient part to the news story. ROFL
this reeks bad.. he has a story thrown up on the web to confirm he fled and is missing now eh ? HAHAHAH
What a crock of shit !

This raid story seals it for me.. the guy is pure bullshit.

EDIT:
I keep reading and i see this..

Wright has also claimed to be a consultant for the Austalian federal police

Aussie FBI Gman and Satoishi ? ..he's just a 007 Bitcoin super hero... *allegedly ROFL

vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:52:51 AM

If bitcoin had failed he could have possibly damaged his real life reputation. I think bitcoin is beyond that point now.

This is an excellent point regarding the absence so far.

Could anyone recommend me good articles about the impact of all this revelations in bitcoin value?

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:54:48 AM

I SMELL PUMP & DUMP

BitDreams

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:55:52 AM

Fud first, questions later  Tongue
vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:57:59 AM

I SMELL PUMP & DUMP

Please, explain that to us mortals. What is that red descending line?
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:58:59 AM

It will be good media for Bitcoin, but i dont believe this guy actually is Satoshi Nakamoto. Also, i like idea to Satoshi stay anonymous, it give some mistery to Bitcoin and also, Satoshi deserve to have his privacy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: