Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:08:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24222 times)
BitPrepay

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:19:28 PM

Come on guys how can anyone after all that false evidence still believe that this Stammer can be Satoshi? Is very clear that this guy is simple a scamer and that he create this hoax for a solution to his economical problems
I believe that and his education is fake and everything he has in his c.v.
Dave Kleimen also is not Satoshi. The last message from Satoshi here in this forum was when this guy was in hospital. The story is fake.

true, it can't be him, doesn't add up!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rienelber

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:22:18 PM

Hey guys, if almost nobody believes Craig is satoshi, why the bitcoin price is still at its price (around 412 USD)? Shouldn't the price start to fall as the lie started to unravel?

LOL that makes no sense, just no sense at all. What you claim is that the price fall when it was at 1100 because nodbody knew the real Satoshi?
For me the real satoshi is hiding and probably for a good reason. We have to trust him on that. Let him be.

No, what I meant was this:

If the price went up after the "suposedly-satoshi" discovery, why isn't it falling now that almost everybody realized it was a scamm?

Probably because the cause of the rise in price was not this "revelation", although many here and in many places were claiming it was.

from bitcoindesk:

Motherboard also analysed the keys, demonstrating that they could easily have been back-dated to show they were created in 2008. A key's creation date can be manipulated by changing the date and time of the machine it is created on.

Additionally, keys can be created that are linked to email addresses that the user doesn't control. Motherboard journalists demonstrated the creation of a backdated key and one linked to an email address not under their control.

Wright's whereabouts are currently unknown. Australian police raided his home and office several hours after the Wired and Gizmodo stories were published.
vilain

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:26:04 PM

Hey guys, if almost nobody believes Craig is satoshi, why the bitcoin price is still at its price (around 412 USD)? Shouldn't the price start to fall as the lie started to unravel?

LOL that makes no sense, just no sense at all. What you claim is that the price fall when it was at 1100 because nodbody knew the real Satoshi?
For me the real satoshi is hiding and probably for a good reason. We have to trust him on that. Let him be.

If the price went up after the "suposedly-satoshi" discovery, why isn't it falling now that almost everybody realized it was a scamm?

Probably because the cause of the rise in price was not this "revelation", although many here and in many places were claiming it was.

from bitcoindesk:

Motherboard also analysed the keys, demonstrating that they could easily have been back-dated to show they were created in 2008. A key's creation date can be manipulated by changing the date and time of the machine it is created on.

Additionally, keys can be created that are linked to email addresses that the user doesn't control. Motherboard journalists demonstrated the creation of a backdated key and one linked to an email address not under their control.

Wright's whereabouts are currently unknown. Australian police raided his home and office several hours after the Wired and Gizmodo stories were published.

Well, this intrigues me as well, since it's pretty obvious the upward trend in price of yesterday as a few moments after the first blogs posted about it.

Any clues on why the price isn't falling?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:32:42 PM

The price started moving upwards during/following the Hong Kong confernence. I'd sooner attribute it to that. But I doubt there's one single cause. It moved because it was time to move.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:56:43 PM

from bitcoindesk:

During the panel discussing in Vegas, Wright was broadcasting from the UK, and his former landlord stated that he and his family moved to the UK loading up a cargo container with his personal belongings about week prior to the raid, hence the garbage cans were still at the curb and mail in the mailbox not picked up. Craig went from a month-to-month lease to a week-to-week lease prior to the final move according to his landlord.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:05:20 AM

Anybody know what he owes the taxman all told?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:15:56 AM

my theory

Wright learned about bitcoin in 2010-2011 not knowing much. he wanted to find a way to make some assets appear.. to use as collateral
without having private keys. he noted down all the PUBLIC keys that still had 50btc in them from [other people] in 2009. because he knew they wont move. so it will give him a couple years grace before anyone questions him

he then got his friend to draw up a trust contract and said that these public addresses belonged to him and he was 'satoshi' allowing his friend to see the public addresses and see they did infact hold coins.(unspendable by wright as they are only public keys anyone can grab, not the privkeys)

now Wright used this trust, which has been 'noted' to hold 1million coins , and used it as collateral to get alot of real money loans.

scamming many corporate and government agencies by not proving he was satoshi by signing a message using any of these addresses, not using a valid pgp key known to only the real satoshi.. but by just emulating an email address to use as a 'proof' that the tulip trust was legit
maybe we should all do that. grab some public addresses of funds we know havnt/cant move.. pretend that we own them and create a $400 million fake trust to use as collateral to get $50mill+ of real money

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:20:01 AM

the price rise was not because of "Wright AKA satoshi"

it was because day-traders seen the word "bitcoin" plastered on many media outlets..
simply, any news mentioning the word 'bitcoin' is good news and free publicity. doesnt matter what the story is.. if the headline says bitcoin, day traders will see this as an oncoming storm of new bitcoin users, even if Wright is found a fraud. the word "bitcoin" will continue to hit the headlines for a while, whilst media keep talking.. thus more people will see the word bitcoin even if the story is changing from "he is" to "he isnt".. day traders wont care about the he is or isnt, just the word bitcoin being in the press for a couple weeks+

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:23:07 AM

Interesting stuff. especially kleinman's father posting in 2014 on random news article about his son's involvment in bitcoin. wow.

Anyhow, not sure if these have been reposted. warning, last link has gruesome pdf's from his deceased partner's local news / death investigation. Then again, some y'all may be into that shit, ugh.  Tongue

http://gizmodo.com/craig-wright-the-man-who-claimed-he-invented-bitcoin-1747137188

http://gizmodo.com/the-strange-life-and-death-of-dave-kleiman-a-computer-1747092460

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/riviera-beach-man-helped-invent-bitcoin-7443127

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
vilain

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:02:16 AM

The price started moving upwards during/following the Hong Kong confernence. I'd sooner attribute it to that. But I doubt there's one single cause. It moved because it was time to move.

http://www.coindesk.com/satoshi-nakamoto-unmasking-might-be-driving-bitcoins-price-rally/

such a coincidence, isn't it?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:09:18 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/satoshi-nakamoto-unmasking-might-be-driving-bitcoins-price-rally/

such a coincidence, isn't it?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:12:53 AM

Epic!

HappyComplex

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:35:09 AM

So do the supercomputers exist or not?

This is what I'm most interested in.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:42:02 AM

I guess it had to be proven of its existence otherwise I don't see how it could've been ranked 15/17/? out of 500.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:44:16 AM

I guess it had to be proven of its existence otherwise I don't see how it could've been ranked 15/17/? out of 500.

he just works at a data centre.. big deal.. give it two weeks and he will be working at the prison kitchen.. both of which have no relevance to bitcoin

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:52:58 AM

he just works at a data centre.. big deal.. give it two weeks and he will be working at the prison kitchen.. both of which have no relevance to bitcoin

The minutes of the meetings between him and the ATO suggest he was somewhat more than 'just a worker at a data centre'. Do most 'workers in a data center' negotiate directly with their nation's tax authorities over how many millions of dollars is the proper figure under law to which they are entitled?

But by all means, invent whatever fantasy you care to.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:55:20 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 04:05:46 AM by jbreher

Yes, they exist. Full title is yet to be shown. But the as-of-yet-available evidence there, anyhow, seems supportive of the claim that Dr Wright is the majority owner of the company that owns the world's #17 supercomputer.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:05:05 AM

Quote from: jbreher
Please explain why you think he would need to prove a claim that he never made?
In it, he seems to consider using Nakamoto’s name to wield influence with New South Wales Senator Arthur Sinodinos “Would our Japanese friend have weight coming out of retirement?” Wright asks. It includes a draft email to the senator signed “Satoshi Nakamoto.” And a leaked transcript of Wright’s meeting with attorneys and tax officials in February 2014 quotes him in a moment of exasperation: “I did my best to try and hide the fact that I’ve been running bitcoin since 2009,” Wright says.
I am not exactly sure what the context was exactly the author of the article means by "draft" however at the very least, he was considering to outright make the claim that he is satoshi (if the leaked emails/documents are to be believed), and I cannot think of anyone else who can be described as "running bitcoin since 2009" other then satoshi (also if the leaked transcripts with tax authorities are to be believed).

By end of 2009, any then-miner -- or even anyone running a full node -- could be described as 'running bitcoin'. Claiming to be doing such != claiming to be Satoshi.

And a (granted somewhat respected) news site claims to have been leaked a pdf of an (unsent) draft of letter, provenance unspecified,  which includes the words 'Satoshi Nakamoto'. I am not grating this as necessarily being a signature, especially in light of the text - “Would our Japanese friend have weight coming out of retirement?”. 'Satoshi Nakamoto in this case might be merely giving a proper name to the subject of the rhetorical question. Either way, unsent drafts of letters obtained through unknown manners from unknown sources are hardly a public claim of identity.

Sorry. Inadmissible. Case dismissed for lack of evidence.

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:23:06 AM

Did we start a book club because this thread is nothing but fantasy.  

Mr Wannabe Nakamoto here is a fucking loon.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
aerobatic (OP)

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:35:37 AM

Yes, they exist. Full title is yet to be shown. But the as-of-yet-available evidence there, anyhow, seems supportive of the claim that Dr Wright is the majority owner of the company that owns the world's #17 supercomputer.

there's youtube clips of him talking about his super computer, and also of one of his staff talking in great detail.

there's also lots of his lectures online, and they're quite detailed and he seems to have been lecturing for years about computing, security etc.

he had a youtube channel but its been taken offline.  i managed to download most of the videos before it disappeared, so if helpful i have them archived

here’s an example of one of his lectures.   there’s lots of them…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_kVixpxrI

here’s an interview on computer security

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxyhWEF4rE

an interview..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAyWT3nljBI

another example lecture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH9rbPbgjIE

here’s his youtube channel.  as mentioned, lots of videos of his family doing very normal and fun family type stuff (granny dancing to Gangnam Style, Craig Wright, exercising at the gym etc).   and two technical videos, one by him and one by one of his employees talking about their supercomputer project.  it seems quite impressive.   he does mention bitcoin mining in there...  the video was dated 2014, and he had a pretty powerful super computer (lots of xeons with gpus programmed in cuda etc).  a bit late for gpu mining, in 2014, but if he had it in 2013 or earlier then it would've been mining a lot of coins.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC61KC8uew8xuNAs42A-yI7w

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: