Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:27:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24222 times)
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 07:38:09 PM

That's just some blog. Anyone can make blog posts with fake dates. The Google cache is from 2015
There's a snapshot from 2 Jun 2014 here: http://archive.is/oe1fh
But this can be "long term planned con".

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:49:52 PM

This is all so strange...

I don't think it is strange. It is normal and it won't be the last time there will appear a new "Satoshi Nakamoto" in the news.

no, it's not normal, as i see it, this is an impostor because the right time for revealing at the public would be when bitcoin will be globally adopted everywhere, with a fully mainstream status

instead doing it like that does not make sense at all, besides being silly and fake, at best he could steal the private key form satoshi, this could be more true...

If, in fact, bitcoin technology is on the verge of some wild change, then it would make sense his appearance now. Otherwse, its just pure BS, really...

anyway, i was convinced at first, but as time passes I'm getting more skeptic about it.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:00:57 PM

Yup.. did you Fap ? I sure did  Cool

What a god damn stud !
He is almost as manly as Vlad ROFL

FUD first & ask questions later™
ivanst776
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:02:01 PM

Well i think if it is not directly the real satoshi then it should be someone relatives to him, any friends or any developer of him at least.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:04:19 PM

With all this interesting speculation being bandied about, I'd like to discuss the previously unbroached subject that I find most intriguing.

First, we have no claim of which I am aware on the part of Dr Wright that he is Satoshi. Let's set that aside...

The interesting thing from my viewpoint is his claim that he owns the 15th most powerful supercomputer as per the universally recognized Top 500 list. This here should be a verifiable fact. Has anyone looked into it?

Number 17 of Top 500's Nov 2015 list does list a 'CO1N', owned by 'Tulip Trading' of Australia:

http://www.top500.org/list/2015/11/

If the ownership of this checks out, then our Dr. Wright is indeed an interesting and significant character, whether or not he be Satoshi. His claim that he has been using this system to model Bitcoin scalability for several years is vastly more important than whether or not he is Satoshi. Satoshi birthed Bitcoin, which should be enough. But that is the past. Results of scalability modeling may have an important impact on Bitcoin's future.

Good points but knowing who Satoshi really is ..is important !

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:04:36 PM

What the hell is this from 2007? (found via Craig Wright's email gleaned from here: http://web.archive.org/web/20080621001824/http://www.blogger.com/profile/08415993939211056384)

https://books.google.com/books?id=8hujhG574csC&pg=PA400&lpg=PA400&dq=%22craig.wright@bdo.com.au%22&source=bl&ots=m4C9LbH2Kc&sig=Llxsn06Uzrn8GfaP11OFPsDXVfI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjX2M-6yM_JAhVKeT4KHZigAv4Q6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:05:31 PM

Second, do you have another explanation for this visible evidence that one nonce series results in a stash of 980,000 BTC?

yea
The nonce was initialized to 1 in Bitcoin 0.1.0 and incremented monotonously:

tmp.block.nNonce         = pblock->nNonce         = 1;

[...]

if ((++tmp.block.nNonce & 0x3ffff) == 0)

as shown in block 12 that has same initial sequence but started later thus having a lower number. meaning both people started with the same nonce but the second person was behind due to starting later
it wasnt until an update that people began using their own random nonces. yet some noobs could have used the original v0.1 code and thus were using same initial sequence

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 08:08:29 PM

The guys plan was to -BUY- Bitcoin with investors money (even though he already holds more than anyone on earth)
THEN ..he planned on making a banking system with full ties and features to Fiat.
All for the sole purpose of getting people use to Bitcoin ?

Right.  Why would he need money if he has a million bitcoins?  It looks like a pretty simple con job, people here are overthinking it.

2 years ago, he started faking evidence that he was satoshi.  Not to fool the general public or any news outlets, but to fool individuals into giving him money.

He comes up with some Trust Fund concept that gives him an excuse for why he can't spend his BTC until 2020.  Gullible investors think he's a billionaire and that they only have to wait 5 years before he can give them piles of cash.  

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:08:47 PM

I know you need two computers networked together to mine,

Well, no.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:10:44 PM

Good points but knowing who Satoshi really is ..is important !

I don't find it particularly important. Sure, it is of interest. But what does it matter? Bitcoin has left the nest. There is nothing that the originator of Bitcoin can do to Bitcoin than any of the rest of us can do.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:16:21 PM

I wonder what the other guys in that video think and other super old Bitcoin guys.
You would think a few of these older guys who started with Satoshi way back would come and speak up about this.

@jbreher
Those coins we speculated he may have / had.

keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:16:33 PM

The guys plan was to -BUY- Bitcoin with investors money (even though he already holds more than anyone on earth)
THEN ..he planned on making a banking system with full ties and features to Fiat.

Right.  Why would he need money if he has a million bitcoins?  It looks like a pretty simple con job, people here are overthinking it.

2 years ago, he started faking evidence that he was satoshi.  Not to fool the general public or any news outlets, but to fool individuals into giving him money.

He comes up with some Trust Fund concept that gives him an excuse for why he can't spend his BTC until 2020.  Gullible investors think he's a billionaire and that they only have to wait 5 years before he can give them piles of cash.  
This is an Amazing Research Find!  I can't wait to hear the names of all the gullible investors that have been defrauded!  Please continue on with the facts.  Truly amazing stuff!   Not total "made-up-poof-out-of-thin-air" at all.

So, do you write code, or fiction novels?  It does have the beginning of a good dramatic work of fiction.  But lucky for us you have facts, and are getting ready to release the list of all the investors that have been bilked out of 10's of thousands of bitcoins.  Oh boy you are an awesome researcher - this is Breaking News!  None of the other news organizations have come up with it yet!  You scooped em all!  Yayyyy!   ROFLMAO
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:17:08 PM

Second, do you have another explanation for this visible evidence that one nonce series results in a stash of 980,000 BTC?

yea
The nonce was initialized to 1 in Bitcoin 0.1.0 and incremented monotonously:

tmp.block.nNonce         = pblock->nNonce         = 1;

[...]

if ((++tmp.block.nNonce & 0x3ffff) == 0)

as shown in block 12 that has same initial sequence but started later thus having a lower number. meaning both people started with the same nonce but the second person was behind due to starting later

then at a later update that people began using their own nonces. yet some noobs could have used the original v0.1 code and thus were using same initial sequence

You are still not getting it. The 980,000 can only rationally be explained by a single computer. We don't have multiple computers working in tandem. That would result in repeated nonces from one block to the the next. Instead we have what can only rationally be explained by a single instance monotonically increasing by one for a considerable number of blocks, then resetting. If it were multiple computers, even if they were resetting with the same period, they would frequently result in multiple hits of the same nonce value (one per miner) within a handful of blocks. They certainly wouldn't manifest as unbroken sequences of increment by one, with synchronized reset to zero.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:17:22 PM

Yup.. did you Fap ? I sure did  Cool

What a god damn stud !
He is almost as manly as Vlad ROFL

Yeah, but can Vlad create then mine a PoB (Proof of Bouldering) altcoin? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xldKoNhIvaU
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:21:40 PM

Question: Why hadn't nary a gullible investor, potential or otherwise, not come out earlier exposing Craig Wright given that they had to be privy to Craig's claims that he had close ties to Satoshi if not being part of Team Satoshi himself?
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:25:03 PM

If he's Satoshi, all I can give him is a warm welcome back to the community.  Grin

Bitcoin isn't centralized, so it doesn't mater. I would just understand the "fear of the dump" but even if he was incognito he could have done it already.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:25:14 PM

I'm glad you're on the case Bruno. You seem to have a talent for digging stuff up.

I've lost track - Klieman's the dead dude, right? The holder of the trust? Did I see elsewhere he's an ex-cop with a background hacking investigations?

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:29:36 PM

Introducing JuraCoin:

http://www.intelligentexploit.com/view-details.html?id=7640

Hi All,
I have a Jura F90 Coffee maker with the Jura Internet Connection Kit. The idea is to:

"Enable the Jura Impressa F90 to communicate with the Internet, via a PC.
Download parameters to configure your espresso machine to your own personal taste.
If there's a problem, the engineers can run diagnostic tests and advise on the solution without your machine ever leaving the kitchen."

Guess what - it can not be patched as far as I can tell Wink It also has a few software vulnerabilities.

Fun things you can do with a Jura coffee maker:
1. Change the preset coffee settings (make weak or strong coffee)
2. Change the amount of water per cup (say 300ml for a short black) and make a puddle
3. Break it by engineering settings that are not compatible (and making it require a service)

The connectivity kit uses the connectivity of the PC it is running on to connect the coffee machine to the internet. This allows a remote coffee machine "engineer" to diagnose any problems and to remotely do a preliminary service.

Best yet, the software allows a remote attacker to gain access to the Windows XP system it is running on at the level of the user.

Compromise by Coffee.

Regards,
Craig Wright GSE-Compliance

Craig Wright
Manager, Risk Advisory Services

Direct : +61 2 9286 5497
Craig.Wright (at) bdo.com (dot) au [email concealed]
+61 417 683 914

BDO Kendalls (NSW-VIC) Pty. Ltd.
Level 19, 2 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000
GPO BOX 2551 Sydney NSW 2001
Fax +61 2 9993 9497
http://www.bdo.com.au/
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 08:34:39 PM

I am Satoshi

The absolute worst people in history, ranked by the wisdom of the crowd: "Vlad the Impaler", "Mihnea the Evil", "Ivan the Terrible" and "Evan the Instaminer".
vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:35:00 PM

2020 dump will be epic.  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: