Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:31:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495955 times)
2xchapter

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:19:01 PM

any updates on coinapult?
yahaauser

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

fuck no there aint, BI should be updating us as to keep thier damn customer base.
yahaauser

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:51:41 PM

I have not had my order filled in 6 days now it seems
Little help in this thread I was only able to get ahold of someone in IRC and not in the official bitinstant channel as stated on thier site. Sooo now I dont even get told how this coinapult company is going to handle my issue. This transparency is bad and they should be ashamed of themselves

I got told whats going on somewhat

MFW they are using a non opensource system MFW its RHE

I remember helping you directly on IRC, if our support has asked you to get in touch with coinapult it's because coinapult now have the funds they need to execute your order and it has essentially executed on our end.

In the past coinapult have failed to deliver orders due to API lag at mtgox or delayed withdrawals there, but they have proven reliable overall (i.e they do live up to their responsibilities).

Not sure what you mean by using a "non opensource system", we use GNU/Linux on our servers and all our software is written in Python, we haven't released any of our serverside code but then neither does any large commercial service generally release all their code.

I still have to come through on my part. What I meant by non opensource is this is like dealing with RHE or Cisco support and I know you know what I mean, lets walk through the copy pasta response's as to not tell the whole entire world exactly your flaws in your system. Did you power cycle the server?
ahoslc

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:03:04 PM

My Issues was finally resolved by Gareth thank you so much. Also looks like he may now know as to how to fix other orders Smiley
txlegally

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:29:44 PM

Garreth,

That is my email above, which I actually took some time to write because I wanted to be fair.   I also want to be logical.

To be fair, you obviously have so many tickets URSAY was unable to recall the order information in detail I posted just a couple pages before the one where he says I provide no meaningful information.  That is not to mention the numerous emails (at first) to make sure everything is logged, and then a PM to him directly with the same information. So I get that you all are effing slammed.

But you keep leading us to believe it will be "just any second."   It's been 4/5 days now.  I could have already been refunded and bought btc from you again already.... now that it works.  

1. You have my MT GOX account number.  
2.  At least two transfers are logged on BI.com since I am registered.  There is no searching or finding the trxn like the guest transfers.
3.  You have Mt. Gox funds at your disposal.
4.  I don't care if you cancel, amend, refund and reissue, WHATEVER you need to do to make sure you Mt. Gox account sends money to my Mt. Gox account is really all we care about.
5.  I think when you say manually, we assume that means its a workaround and that means it will work.  it hasn't.  When i say manually I mean you literally log into Mt. Gox with you username and password and start transferring funds immediately.  MANUALLY.

Yes, i know it will mess up your accounting and the system issues must be addressed.  But you are underestimating the impact that some of these transactions are now having on our personal lives.  Your personal life is bitinstant.... so its different for you.  For us, bitinstant has BECOME our life for a week where we are spending literally hours a day......

you all could have handled, and still could handle this in a way that would have minimized damage.  you have done almost every single thing wrong so far, except show up here.  even though no one is getting helped, you are here.
txlegally

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:32:52 PM

and i still wait for roughly $1400 bucks.  an unexplained payment went through yesterday (1 of 4 outstanding), but that's it.   i guess i have to ask for a zip zap refund..... but that is NOT what i want to do here man.

help us help you.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:59:20 PM

Garreth,

That is my email above, which I actually took some time to write because I wanted to be fair.   I also want to be logical.

To be fair, you obviously have so many tickets URSAY was unable to recall the order information in detail I posted just a couple pages before the one where he says I provide no meaningful information.  That is not to mention the numerous emails (at first) to make sure everything is logged, and then a PM to him directly with the same information. So I get that you all are effing slammed.

But you keep leading us to believe it will be "just any second."   It's been 4/5 days now.  I could have already been refunded and bought btc from you again already.... now that it works.  

2.  At least two transfers are logged on BI.com since I am registered.  There is no searching or finding the trxn like the guest transfers.
4.  I don't care if you cancel, amend, refund and reissue, WHATEVER you need to do to make sure you Mt. Gox account sends money to my Mt. Gox account is really all we care about.
5.  I think when you say manually, we assume that means its a workaround and that means it will work.  it hasn't.  When i say manually I mean you literally log into Mt. Gox with you username and password and start transferring funds immediately.  MANUALLY.

Yes, i know it will mess up your accounting and the system issues must be addressed.  But you are underestimating the impact that some of these transactions are now having on our personal lives.  Your personal life is bitinstant.... so its different for you.  For us, bitinstant has BECOME our life for a week where we are spending literally hours a day......

you all could have handled, and still could handle this in a way that would have minimized damage.  you have done almost every single thing wrong so far, except show up here.  even though no one is getting helped, you are here.

The problem is that messing up our accounting endangers our ability to comply with regulations and thus risks the whole company - we have to ensure transactions are logged properly in case of audits or whatever.

For what it's worth here's an update:
We have a batch of 127 orders (out of 2106 zipzap payments) which are having issues, it seems most of them are failing due to invalid addresses caused by whitespace and after fixing the formatting some of these are executing UNLESS they have already auto-retried the maximum number of times, in which case they're failing again. To resolve this our dev team is working on a patch so that all these orders can be batch processed correctly.

The vast majority of outstanding delayed orders are now fixed, and it's only this last batch that's causing so much trouble, but we are all working to get it resolved.

Some customers have been told to wait on coinapult, it turns out that a large proportion of these orders are still failing due to the above mentioned issue with addresses, and this is something that coinapult can address on their end - customer support are now  being told to get valid addresses for all outstanding orders and verify them, with the aim being to batch process them no later than sunday.
2xchapter

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:48:14 PM

Garreth,

The problem is that messing up our accounting endangers our ability to comply with regulations and thus risks the whole company - we have to ensure transactions are logged properly in case of audits or whatever.

We have a batch of 127 orders (out of 2106 zipzap payments) which are having issues, it seems most of them are failing due to invalid addresses caused by whitespace and after fixing the formatting some of these are executing UNLESS they have already auto-retried the maximum number of times, in which case they're failing again. To resolve this our dev team is working on a patch so that all these orders can be batch processed correctly.

The vast majority of outstanding delayed orders are now fixed, and it's only this last batch that's causing so much trouble, but we are all working to get it resolved.

Some customers have been told to wait on coinapult, it turns out that a large proportion of these orders are still failing due to the above mentioned issue with addresses, and this is something that coinapult can address on their end - customer support are now  being told to get valid addresses for all outstanding orders and verify them, with the aim being to batch process them no later than sunday.

gareth,

my order is one of those conapult errors..

I have given you the updated as well as the current bitcoin address i used, will they process again? or can you try and manually push it through one more time?..

I have sent payment my self to bitcoin address i used and it worked no problem.
yahaauser

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:56:36 PM

HA thought that's what it was those 4 fucking spaces but I thought oh well Il just give it a go, it shouldn't be a problem since its a form and shouldn't accept spaces for chars.
vrusso123

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 10:16:28 PM

I was one of the unfortunate people who were involved in last weeks delays at BitInsant. Being new to bitcoin, I am very untrusting of anyone. After badmouthing BitInstant on every public forum I could find, and sending repeated emails (hundred easy), I have come to realize that my fears were unfounded. The harassment and grief I caused the Bitinstant team only compounded the problem for myself and many others. There was a problem. They fixed it. New sites have bugs, and they handled the additional stress myself and others put on them like true professionals. holding their tongues, and working day and night to the point where I would have went head hunting. when Bitinstant did start to process backorders I certainly thought that mine would be last. Reading the forums, it was obvious that they completed the orders in an unbiased, first come first serve basis ( I would not have paid me until a lawsuit was filed). Today is a new day in currency. Bitinstant is a pioneer in uncharted waters and are doing truly amazing things. Problems will arise and true pioneers find a way. No one is leading them. few will follow. Yes, they make a profit, but I think their belief and love for bitcoin is the true driving force behind these people. f your still in limbo, I am sorry as they are. It is an uncertain time, and hard to take, but you will get your coins soon, this I am certain of. Bitinstant is a pioneer in a new world. They are true to their word, and I can only hope I am still welcome to use their service.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:19:47 PM

Garreth,

gareth,

I have given you the updated as well as the current bitcoin address i used, will they process again? or can you try and manually push it through one more time?..

PM me the details and i'll see if it's possible to fix your order without the patch (which should be live tomorrow)
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:20:02 PM

Unfortunately most people react like that.
Although it should be common knowledge that they only worsen the situation.
JerryG

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:56:53 PM

What is with this coinapult crap?
My business was with ZipZap and BitInstant, now they're saying someone else is the problem.
There is no end to the incompetence.
daqione

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:31:40 PM

Just had a transaction failed. I guess the problem is not resolved. This is getting out of control
chachachazippo2

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:46:48 PM

I would still like an explanation as to why I have to deal with Coinapult now instead of bitinstant.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:00:42 AM

I am still waiting for my payment via Paypal. I am almost going to Day 5.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Coina--- or zipzap whatever..

Order number: df07ed15-e31f-48be-9d0f-da85a3a59c58

I expect a deposit without any fees!
txlegally

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:07:31 AM

Gareth,

While that still sucks for me, since i represent roughly 2% of the total orders still in failure.... i appreciate the response.  Particularly because you gave us numbers. The only two posts that have mattered thus far is the first one where you identified about 900+ orders failing, and this update.

It gives us hope, and maybe even some perspective.  More than that it makes it look like you know exactly what you are dealing with, but maybe just not sure how to remedy just yet.  I can deal with that.  Before those two posts I really didn't think you all had any idea how many or how much was missing.

Thanks.

And so we wait.....
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:33:39 AM

Garreth,

gareth,

PM me the details and i'll see if it's possible to fix your order without the patch (which should be live tomorrow)

Fixed
dben428

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:29:14 AM

Hello,

Just used BitInstant for the first time. Everything worked out nice and quickly. Unfortunately, in the half hour it took me to run to the store for the money gram, the price of BTC went up a bit. When all was said and done, I ended up with ~0.978 instead of 1.0 BTC. I guess there is no way to make up that difference? I'd hate to do another full order + fees + trip to the store just for that tiny amount.

Thanks.
daqione

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:37:20 AM

I thought all new deposits were good? Why did I get an email stating that the payment was successful but the transaction failed?
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: