Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495956 times)
drj17

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:39:55 AM

So my transaction "failed" on a ~$200 and I'm barely getting any communication from BitInstant.  All I got was "We're forwarding this to coinapult" and then nothing.  I really needed those coins tonight, but I will settle for tomorrow if I can just get them.  It's kind of ridiculous that a company can  hold on to your money if something like this fails.  There was no reason for the failure, no nothing, and all I know is that the money is gone until someone finds the time to resolve this issue.

Bitinstant would do well to take on a customer service policy that actually protects the customer: admit their mistake, instantly credit my wallet with the missing funds, and solve whatever issue on their own time  Angry Angry Angry
drj17

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:40:27 AM

I thought all new deposits were good? Why did I get an email stating that the payment was successful but the transaction failed?

Hey same issue that I just posted about. Please post on here if you get any sort of resolution, this is ridiculous!
daqione

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:51:19 AM

I thought all new deposits were good? Why did I get an email stating that the payment was successful but the transaction failed?

Hey same issue that I just posted about. Please post on here if you get any sort of resolution, this is ridiculous!

I've been with them since jan and never had issue till this week.  Twice this week. I knew I shouldve went with my localbitcoin. F* Mme..
vrusso123

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 01:53:05 AM

Hello,

Just used BitInstant for the first time. Everything worked out nice and quickly. Unfortunately, in the half hour it took me to run to the store for the money gram, the price of BTC went up a bit. When all was said and done, I ended up with ~0.978 instead of 1.0 BTC. I guess there is no way to make up that difference? I'd hate to do another full order + fees + trip to the store just for that tiny amount.

Thanks.

was it for a purchase or just don't like odd numbers?
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:07:25 AM

Hello,

Just used BitInstant for the first time. Everything worked out nice and quickly. Unfortunately, in the half hour it took me to run to the store for the money gram, the price of BTC went up a bit. When all was said and done, I ended up with ~0.978 instead of 1.0 BTC. I guess there is no way to make up that difference? I'd hate to do another full order + fees + trip to the store just for that tiny amount.

Thanks.

Your price is not locked in when you create a quote.  Regardless, if you think you have an issue that needs correction then it should go to support.bitinstant.com
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:08:07 AM

I don't know.  Have you logged your issue at support.bitinstant.com?  Do you have any order info?
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:09:22 AM

I've been with them since jan and never had issue till this week.  Twice this week. I knew I shouldve went with my localbitcoin. F* Mme..

This is the same week we launched our beta website.  We're working on fixing the bugs.
dben428

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:12:21 AM

Hello,

Thanks.

Your price is not locked in when you create a quote.  Regardless, if you think you have an issue that needs correction then it should go to support.bitinstant.com

Alright, that's what I had figured. Guess I'll have to make another trip to the store tomorrow. Lesson learned here: purchase a little extra just to be safe. And maybe keep some extra BTC in your account on the off chance that you do come up a little short.

vrusso123,
Yes, it was for a purchase. I was hoping to make the purchase tonight, but I should be able to make it just fine tomorrow. I was just hoping to avoid having another trip to the store and fees.
bamill010

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:13:42 AM

Garreth,

That is my email above, which I actually took some time to write because I wanted to be fair.   I also want to be logical.

To be fair, you obviously have so many tickets URSAY was unable to recall the order information in detail I posted just a couple pages before the one where he says I provide no meaningful information.  That is not to mention the numerous emails (at first) to make sure everything is logged, and then a PM to him directly with the same information. So I get that you all are effing slammed.

But you keep leading us to believe it will be "just any second."   It's been 4/5 days now.  I could have already been refunded and bought btc from you again already.... now that it works.  

1. You have my MT GOX account number.  
2.  At least two transfers are logged on BI.com since I am registered.  There is no searching or finding the trxn like the guest transfers.
3.  You have Mt. Gox funds at your disposal.
4.  I don't care if you cancel, amend, refund and reissue, WHATEVER you need to do to make sure you Mt. Gox account sends money to my Mt. Gox account is really all we care about.
5.  I think when you say manually, we assume that means its a workaround and that means it will work.  it hasn't.  When i say manually I mean you literally log into Mt. Gox with you username and password and start transferring funds immediately.  MANUALLY.

Yes, i know it will mess up your accounting and the system issues must be addressed.  But you are underestimating the impact that some of these transactions are now having on our personal lives.  Your personal life is bitinstant.... so its different for you.  For us, bitinstant has BECOME our life for a week where we are spending literally hours a day......

you all could have handled, and still could handle this in a way that would have minimized damage.  you have done almost every single thing wrong so far, except show up here.  even though no one is getting helped, you are here.

The problem is that messing up our accounting endangers our ability to comply with regulations and thus risks the whole company - we have to ensure transactions are logged properly in case of audits or whatever.

For what it's worth here's an update:
We have a batch of 127 orders (out of 2106 zipzap payments) which are having issues, it seems most of them are failing due to invalid addresses caused by whitespace and after fixing the formatting some of these are executing UNLESS they have already auto-retried the maximum number of times, in which case they're failing again. To resolve this our dev team is working on a patch so that all these orders can be batch processed correctly.

The vast majority of outstanding delayed orders are now fixed, and it's only this last batch that's causing so much trouble, but we are all working to get it resolved.

Some customers have been told to wait on coinapult, it turns out that a large proportion of these orders are still failing due to the above mentioned issue with addresses, and this is something that coinapult can address on their end - customer support are now  being told to get valid addresses for all outstanding orders and verify them, with the aim being to batch process them no later than sunday.

gareth,

my order is one of those conapult errors..

I have given you the updated as well as the current bitcoin address i used, will they process again? or can you try and manually push it through one more time?..

I have sent payment my self to bitcoin address i used and it worked no problem.

PM me the details and i'll see if it's possible to fix your order without the patch (which should be live tomorrow)

I placed an order today and got an email saying "This email is to notify you that while received your payment successfully, we have encountered an error while trying to process your transaction at Jun 15 2013 22:58:39, meaning your order has currently failed." You're saying there's a patch coming tomorrow and my transaction will be automatically processed? Or do I need to give someone the details and have it manually fixed? Thanks in advance.
2xchapter

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:17:20 AM

Garreth,

That is my email above, which I actually took some time to write because I wanted to be fair.   I also want to be logical.

To be fair, you obviously have so many tickets URSAY was unable to recall the order information in detail I posted just a couple pages before the one where he says I provide no meaningful information.  That is not to mention the numerous emails (at first) to make sure everything is logged, and then a PM to him directly with the same information. So I get that you all are effing slammed.

But you keep leading us to believe it will be "just any second."   It's been 4/5 days now.  I could have already been refunded and bought btc from you again already.... now that it works.  

2.  At least two transfers are logged on BI.com since I am registered.  There is no searching or finding the trxn like the guest transfers.
4.  I don't care if you cancel, amend, refund and reissue, WHATEVER you need to do to make sure you Mt. Gox account sends money to my Mt. Gox account is really all we care about.
5.  I think when you say manually, we assume that means its a workaround and that means it will work.  it hasn't.  When i say manually I mean you literally log into Mt. Gox with you username and password and start transferring funds immediately.  MANUALLY.

Yes, i know it will mess up your accounting and the system issues must be addressed.  But you are underestimating the impact that some of these transactions are now having on our personal lives.  Your personal life is bitinstant.... so its different for you.  For us, bitinstant has BECOME our life for a week where we are spending literally hours a day......

you all could have handled, and still could handle this in a way that would have minimized damage.  you have done almost every single thing wrong so far, except show up here.  even though no one is getting helped, you are here.

The problem is that messing up our accounting endangers our ability to comply with regulations and thus risks the whole company - we have to ensure transactions are logged properly in case of audits or whatever.

We have a batch of 127 orders (out of 2106 zipzap payments) which are having issues, it seems most of them are failing due to invalid addresses caused by whitespace and after fixing the formatting some of these are executing UNLESS they have already auto-retried the maximum number of times, in which case they're failing again. To resolve this our dev team is working on a patch so that all these orders can be batch processed correctly.

The vast majority of outstanding delayed orders are now fixed, and it's only this last batch that's causing so much trouble, but we are all working to get it resolved.

Some customers have been told to wait on coinapult, it turns out that a large proportion of these orders are still failing due to the above mentioned issue with addresses, and this is something that coinapult can address on their end - customer support are now  being told to get valid addresses for all outstanding orders and verify them, with the aim being to batch process them no later than sunday.

gareth,

I have given you the updated as well as the current bitcoin address i used, will they process again? or can you try and manually push it through one more time?..

PM me the details and i'll see if it's possible to fix your order without the patch (which should be live tomorrow)

pm sent as requested!
seller

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:17:53 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 03:39:36 PM by seller

yhbw

daqione

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:30:38 AM

I don't know.  Have you logged your issue at support.bitinstant.com?  Do you have any order info?

Yes I have logged my info to your supprt site case number 13837. I'm still waiting for a response from you.

Transaction ID: 867fee0e-1915-4718-9baa-5ae24a713f08
txlegally

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:48:00 AM

little extra just to be safe.

oh, you're gonna learn that one the hardway.  wait til the market starts doing crazy shit.  you'll have 500 in btc when you left for work and have 650 when you get home.... or 400. 

advice:  if you are not part of the btc investment community and thus are willing to watch the price... you should probably only get enough for your purchase + 10%USD.  after fees for exchanging and a little cushion for slight market fluctuations.

as a general rule anyway.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:48:52 AM

Garreth,

gareth,

I placed an order today and got an email saying "This email is to notify you that while received your payment successfully, we have encountered an error while trying to process your transaction at Jun 15 2013 22:58:39, meaning your order has currently failed." You're saying there's a patch coming tomorrow and my transaction will be automatically processed? Or do I need to give someone the details and have it manually fixed? Thanks in advance.

Be safe and log your issue at support.bitinstant.com
DontCallMeShirley

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:10:10 AM

How does the "Instant Debit Transfer" work?   Is this with any pre-paid debit card?  I can't seem to find any info on this and I've hadn't seen this option before the new site.  Also, how does BI still accept MtGox, considering the code system is no longer used?
depositPatience

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:34:07 AM

I made two Dwolla payments to Mtgox through Bitinstant (old.bitinstant.com) yesterday and after 36hr's I haven't received anything. I didn't even receive an email receipt! Is anyone else in a similar situation? And I have made a support ticket (received a response too) but it must have gotten put on the back burner with all the cash deposit problems coming through. I emailed again so maybe that one will get some attention.

JerryG

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:04:53 PM

I was contacted by Gabe from Coinapult asking for a valid address.
The only one I know of is the the address on my wallet page.
I've sent this to him But I haven't heard anything back and still no Bitcoins.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:51:57 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

Your price is not locked in when you create a quote.  Regardless, if you think you have an issue that needs correction then it should go to support.bitinstant.com
What do you mean it's not locked?

Do you mean if we created a quote when 5 BTC equaled 500 USD...if it took 1 day for you to process and the price per BTC drops to 75...then we will get 375USD (before fees)?
chachachazippo2

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:50:29 PM

I am being ignored by bitinstant customer service
chachachazippo2

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:51:12 PM

Worst
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: