Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support)  (Read 495948 times)
depositPatience

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 09:45:35 PM

I made two Dwolla payments to Mtgox through Bitinstant (old.bitinstant.com) yesterday and after 36hr's I haven't received anything. I didn't even receive an email receipt! Is anyone else in a similar situation? And I have made a support ticket (received a response too) but it must have gotten put on the back burner with all the cash deposit problems coming through. I emailed again so maybe that one will get some attention.

PM me here with your ticket reference and i'll take over the ticket and resolve it.

I PM'd you the ticket reference but just in case here it is again.

Support case #12722

About 52 hours now......hopefully I get my 2% fee back this is ridiculous! I made a support ticket hours after it happened, emailed multiple times, and PM'd several admins. I've used Bitinstant for a long time and I'm starting to get fed up, if you can push it through then refund MY MONEY if I can Dwolla you all that cash instantly it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to transfer it back to me.

Nowhere do we say it is okay for users to transfer us funds directly on Dwolla.  If you decided to do this regardless then you will need to be patient to see if we can provide you with a solution.

Do you know what your talking about because I'm not sure you do.

HERE'S WHAT I DID (TWICE!)

1. Went to old.bitinstant.com > (I found stuff on Google where people were told by customer service to go there to make Dwolla payments), if your not suppose to use Dwolla at all they WHY would you leave the option up?
2. Selected "Dwolla" as a payment option
3. Selected "MtGox" as the destination
4. Entered MtGox account number, amount to pay, and email
5. Proved I'm a human and clicked send funds

After all this I was brought to a Dwolla payment page where I put my pin in and paid directly out of my balance just like I had done many times before. The money left my account and was transferred directly to you guys. Then I was redirected back to Bitinstant and the javascript/confirmation wouldn't load both times. I didn't copy down the Quote or Event ID's because they should have been EMAILED to me (never got them) and I know I put my email in correctly. If you guys really can't take the information I provided in the support ticket (Dwolla transaction numbers, an email, a destination account #, and the transfer amount) and look up my Quote/Event ID's then your system needs a serious overhaul.

You have my money, you know where is was suppose to go, now complete the transaction because I'm really starting to lose my patience with Bitinstant. The information verifies the money is in Bitinstant's hands, now find the transactions manually send the funds to my MtGox account and this problem will be solved.

"Nowhere do we say it is okay for users to transfer us funds directly on Dwolla.  If you decided to do this regardless"

It says it right after you click send funds..........I'm very optimistic now customer service doesn't even know how their own service works  Shocked

And I'd be very careful justifying 54hr screw ups on your part by blaming customers, that's a slippery slope  Sad

"you will need to be patient to see if we can provide you with a solution."

That makes me even more optimistic. If you can't find a solution I guess you'll just pocket my cash?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:00:09 PM

I made two Dwolla payments to Mtgox through Bitinstant (old.bitinstant.com) yesterday and after 36hr's I haven't received anything. I didn't even receive an email receipt! Is anyone else in a similar situation? And I have made a support ticket (received a response too) but it must have gotten put on the back burner with all the cash deposit problems coming through. I emailed again so maybe that one will get some attention.

PM me here with your ticket reference and i'll take over the ticket and resolve it.

I PM'd you the ticket reference but just in case here it is again.

Support case #12722

About 52 hours now......hopefully I get my 2% fee back this is ridiculous! I made a support ticket hours after it happened, emailed multiple times, and PM'd several admins. I've used Bitinstant for a long time and I'm starting to get fed up, if you can push it through then refund MY MONEY if I can Dwolla you all that cash instantly it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to transfer it back to me.

Nowhere do we say it is okay for users to transfer us funds directly on Dwolla.  If you decided to do this regardless then you will need to be patient to see if we can provide you with a solution.

Do you know what your talking about because I'm not sure you do.

HERE'S WHAT I DID (TWICE!)

1. Went to old.bitinstant.com > (I found stuff on Google where people were told by customer service to go there to make Dwolla payments), if your not suppose to use Dwolla at all they WHY would you leave the option up?
2. Selected "Dwolla" as a payment option
3. Selected "MtGox" as the destination
4. Entered MtGox account number, amount to pay, and email
5. Proved I'm a human and clicked send funds

After all this I was brought to a Dwolla payment page where I put my pin in and paid directly out of my balance just like I had done many times before. The money left my account and was transferred directly to you guys. Then I was redirected back to Bitinstant and the javascript/confirmation wouldn't load both times. I didn't copy down the Quote or Event ID's because they should have been EMAILED to me (never got them) and I know I put my email in correctly. If you guys really can't take the information I provided in the support ticket (Dwolla transaction numbers, an email, a destination account #, and the transfer amount) and look up my Quote/Event ID's then your system needs a serious overhaul.

You have my money, you know where is was suppose to go, now complete the transaction because I'm really starting to lose my patience with Bitinstant. The information verifies the money is in Bitinstant's hands, now find the transactions manually send the funds to my MtGox account and this problem will be solved.

"Nowhere do we say it is okay for users to transfer us funds directly on Dwolla.  If you decided to do this regardless"

It says it right after you click send funds..........I'm very optimistic now customer service doesn't even know how their own service works  Shocked

And I'd be very careful justifying 54hr screw ups on your part by blaming customers, that's a slippery slope  Sad

"you will need to be patient to see if we can provide you with a solution."

That makes me even more optimistic. If you can't find a solution I guess you'll just pocket my cash?

Thanks for fully explaining your details.  I'm sorry I did not understand.  I'm going to manually process these for you.
lolbanks

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:21:59 PM

Any update on that patch?
depositPatience

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:28:50 PM

I have received both deposits in my MtGox account.

Thanks
daqione

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:33:48 PM

I'm still waiting on mine.  Made a new deposit on friday morning with the assumption everything new was good but was I wrong. 48hrs and still waiting... no response and no money. .. seriously this is getting me annoyed
lolbanks

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:51:20 PM

Still waiting on my order from Wedneday, got an email from Gabe from Coinapult double checking the wallet address, but that was it.
yahaauser

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:16:48 AM

I havent gotten anything more then your ticket has been escalated to coinapult.
txlegally

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:19:01 AM

and we wait.  7 days beginning tmorrow at 4pm.

if the goal was to beat me into submission.   accomplished.  the patch has not been done as it predicted.   i find it hard to believe there are only 100 or so orders outstanding.  i've got 3 of em myself.  and they are of different varieties.  Meaning its not just a BI to mt gox account issue, that is one issue.  There is also the BI to wallet where there seems to be no relation and i have not received anything from coinapult or BI saying i'm in that group of folks.

1/2 gest transactions straight to wallet went through.  the other is in cyberspace.

0/2 sit in the queue as pending.   since tuesday.   i wish i would have just known so i could process refund with zip zap.   

gonna reach out privately to BI one last time, but how much can possibly be asked of us as customers.   even if they go through, i'm going to have to buy more because the fluctuation was about 10%since then, and i can't wait days for a fee refund... which includes going through suport again.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:15:22 AM

Hello,

Just used BitInstant for the first time. Everything worked out nice and quickly. Unfortunately, in the half hour it took me to run to the store for the money gram, the price of BTC went up a bit. When all was said and done, I ended up with ~0.978 instead of 1.0 BTC. I guess there is no way to make up that difference? I'd hate to do another full order + fees + trip to the store just for that tiny amount.

Thanks.

Your price is not locked in when you create a quote.  Regardless, if you think you have an issue that needs correction then it should go to support.bitinstant.com
What do you mean it's not locked?

Do you mean if we created a quote when 5 BTC equaled 500 USD...if it took 1 day for you to process and the price per BTC drops to 75...then we will get 375USD (before fees)?

Our system has a hard deadline of 24 hours, past which customers are entitled to fee refunds and compensation for price changes. The soft deadline (which is what we aim to deliver the majority of orders in) is 1 hour, and between those 2 timeframes we don't make a formal commitment to prices other than market rate as determined by our partners at coinapult.
You do realize that this is not directly implied on your website?

That is one hell of a bombshell to drop on people.

So basically, we don't actually know what rate we are getting until after we get it....?

Everything about the BitInstant website leads a person to believe they are going to get a fixed transaction (1 BTC for a certain amount of USD) as soon as finalized or as soon as it is paid in full. You'd better make it more obvious that prices are honored when executed rather than when paid. (huge variance right there)

Anyway:

Order: df07ed15-e31f-48be-9d0f-da85a3a59c58

There was some hickups with my order getting processed. Apparently customer service alerted me that the blockchain took its sweet time to confirm my payment. Even though I made the payment a few seconds after receiving the BitInstant address several days ago. You can check the timestamp to confirm when the transfer was made.

My order is still in limbo and I am definitely invoking the 24 hours clause. (fee free)

This is all covered in our terms of service.  Sorry for the delay on your order.  We are working on a solution.  Thanks.
Any updates to my order?
kryptykk

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:24:50 PM

Can someone confirm that old.bitinstant.com is a viable, working alternative? I have money on Dwolla, so I would like to use that money before I start using the cash deposit option. On the new website I do not see a Dwolla option.
yahaauser

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:31:23 PM

funny thing is they could have keep the old code and expanded rather then going to a new front page, the old site was alot more streamline
lolbanks

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:52:23 PM

It seems like Gareth is the only one there that knows what he is doing or atleast is trying to fix the issue. Everyone else I've talked to has been a waste of time.
prophexy

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:17:40 PM

I just paid $139.95 to BitInstant.  I get this in my email:

"Thank you for using BitInstant!

This email is to notify you that while received your payment successfully, we have encountered an error while trying to process your transaction at Jun 17 2013 14:56:50, meaning your order has currently failed.

Transaction ID: 4c93363c-1892-4b9f-b04a-1ec512fc11b0"  etc, etc.

I have used BitInstant and NEVER had any problems.  Now I get this.  I login to my BitInstant account, and see that they had no issues whatsoever accepting my money, but there is a "Coinapult error."  I had something that had to be purchased today, that's why I went w/BitInstant was for their speed in transferring BTC to my account.

Someone from BI care to explain this and send me my BitCoins, please?

DogeCoin: DBtBsdvj1simr14ooQCdK5XiFJ76t18Mip
BitCoin: 1LgiBNaDd1xZ8SB3cdMyv3zE5TjQrLwLvJ
LiteCoin LSfmNDyx9MFTuLi278VGDirHJAzcdU656H
thankzcamera

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:39:29 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 05:03:15 PM by thankzcamera

I also got that message, though I didn't see coinapult mentioned as being the cause of the problem in my account.

"This email is to notify you that while received your payment successfully, we have encountered an error while trying to process your transaction at Jun 16 2013 20:27:09, meaning your order has currently failed.

Transaction ID: 05b97ba0-fdc5-4776-a52d-6ada3f6e80e4

If you contact support about this transaction, please reference this number so we can help you more quickly.

Your payment of 153.62, has NOT yet been transferred to bitcoin."

EDIT: Got my coins, thanks!
lolbanks

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:10:40 PM

Bitinstant's customer service is a joke. If they atleast responded to people's tickets rather than ignoring them, perhaps everyone would remain much calmer and more patient. Hopefully you guys don't have to wait as long as those of us who placed an order last week.
shadyskater4

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:08:29 PM

First post here, tried to make a purchase on the 15th and had my transaction fail, ID: e5ced3e9-e255-4770-a81c-2e7e0d0e8c55.

Haven't had any luck dealing with support off their website, so I figured I'd try here.  It seems like people facing the same issue as me have had their orders manually processed, hopefully customer service will see this message and be able to do the same for me.  I'm planning on attempting to buy another bitcoin from bitinstant this afternoon, and if this transaction isn't processed properly I'm done with the company and requesting a cash refund.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:39:13 PM

I just paid $139.95 to BitInstant.  I get this in my email:

"Thank you for using BitInstant!

This email is to notify you that while received your payment successfully, we have encountered an error while trying to process your transaction at Jun 17 2013 14:56:50, meaning your order has currently failed.

Transaction ID: 4c93363c-1892-4b9f-b04a-1ec512fc11b0"  etc, etc.

I have used BitInstant and NEVER had any problems.  Now I get this.  I login to my BitInstant account, and see that they had no issues whatsoever accepting my money, but there is a "Coinapult error."  I had something that had to be purchased today, that's why I went w/BitInstant was for their speed in transferring BTC to my account.

Someone from BI care to explain this and send me my BitCoins, please?

Please log your issue at support.bitinstant.com so we can work to provide you with a solution.
Loser15

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:39:41 PM

really need help, MtGox changed my account without notifying my so i sent it to the wrong account and now my transaction is stuck at pending, number: b9cefd6a-1d8b-497b-8d48-396dedb7f6c7
6/15/13

new account number i need it to be sent to: M51206660X

please help Sad

Please log your issue at support.bitinstant.com so we can help you further.

i did no response Sad please help!
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:40:31 PM

really need help, MtGox changed my account without notifying my so i sent it to the wrong account and now my transaction is stuck at pending, number: b9cefd6a-1d8b-497b-8d48-396dedb7f6c7
6/15/13

new account number i need it to be sent to: M51206660X

please help Sad

Please log your issue at support.bitinstant.com so we can help you further.

i did no response Sad please help!

Please be patient as we work to get to your issue in the queue.  After launching our beta website last week we have a minor back log of support issues.  Thanks.
txlegally

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:45:48 PM

I am officially contacting the press as of 5pm.   Everyone from Forbes and WSJ to my local Fox Affiliate and Newspaper.   I don't believe there are only 100 orders outstanding. I don't believe they know how to fix it, and their complete silence today is unacceptable.   I've spent about and hour writing the email that is going to every news outlet I can think of.

I have setup the timeline, the number of people affected.  The replies from Bitinstant are quoted.... from CTO on here all the way to the person answering Q/A before they took it down.

If they won't fix it for us, then I'm sending in the real dogs.  They are gonna mind somebody, even if it isn't me.   I would file theft charges if they were local.   At this point, they've stolen about 1500 USD from me and if it were civil court I would charge them for the GOD KNOWS HOW MANY HOURs spent on here and hitting refresh at mt gox.... fora fucking week.

I'm done with it. At this point it is stealing as far as i'm concerned.
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 »
  Print  

Jump to: