Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:26:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShop - cryptocurrency shopping cart script [PHP/MYSQL] (v1.1.2)  (Read 74729 times)
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:41:56 AM

1. Shopping Cart Interface - would rather get rid of that progress bar for manual email sales.  Its the most troublesome screen for me and i can't see my customers appreciating the wait period.  Instead, having the order mgmt page recognize the confirmations, the current wallet balance and order total would be the preferred place to confirm new orders from a payment perspective.
That is a valid point, but it's kind of tricky to process the payment without actually confirming it until the admin manually confirms it. I'll have to think about it.
Yes please get rid of loading bar in next update. It should complete instantly after detecting payment like Bitpay.
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 07:16:01 AM

1. Shopping Cart Interface - would rather get rid of that progress bar for manual email sales.  Its the most troublesome screen for me and i can't see my customers appreciating the wait period.  Instead, having the order mgmt page recognize the confirmations, the current wallet balance and order total would be the preferred place to confirm new orders from a payment perspective.
That is a valid point, but it's kind of tricky to process the payment without actually confirming it until the admin manually confirms it. I'll have to think about it.
Yes please get rid of loading bar in next update. It should complete instantly after detecting payment like Bitpay.
I'm only talking about removing the loading bar for manual email items. Since the buyer doesn't get the product until the admin manually confirms their payment there's no need to make the buyer wait. But all other product types still require a loading bar, it simply isn't safe to accept 0-conf payments because the keys/files are available to the buyer instantly after the payment is confirmed.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:17:27 AM

I'm only talking about removing the loading bar for manual email items. Since the buyer doesn't get the product until the admin manually confirms their payment there's no need to make the buyer wait. But all other product types still require a loading bar, it simply isn't safe to accept 0-conf payments because the keys/files are available to the buyer instantly after the payment is confirmed.
Yeah only for manual e-mail items would be good. Thanks.
Skyenet

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:51:35 PM

I wished there was a way people can buy physical products and enter their address etc.

If it had this I would use this and make a giant shop and invest around $4-5k USD to make it a unique shop that only accepts bitcoins.
SteamGamesBTC.com

Activity: 734
Merit: 507

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 09:17:17 AM

@Skyenet
Yes, BitShop is ready for that! :-)

SteamGamesBTC.com
> Automatic 24/7 bot: purchase any Steam game 20% cheaper with Bitcoin! <
johnny508

Activity: 139
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:05:26 PM

I was made aware of a couple more bugs in v1.0.5 so I decided to release v1.0.6 even though I released v1.0.5 not too long ago. Version 1.0.6 of BitShop also includes a new menu option in the admin area which adds the ability to view backups and log files.

Planned for next release:

- better accounting for partial payments
- ability to use custom list of addresses
- RPC daemon support in payment gateway (yah!)

I think u answered my main wuestion.. If i could have custom list of addresses for payments, i think this script is perfect for my needs at that point!
johnny508

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:13:02 PM

I wished there was a way people can buy physical products and enter their address etc.

If it had this I would use this and make a giant shop and invest around $4-5k USD to make it a unique shop that only accepts bitcoins.

I really dont see it being too far away from this ability for those who want a one page checkout style store without user accounts etc. 

We use it for semi physical products (ticket sales for concerts/parties).

If i had a supplemental option that added a bit to price for certain ticket upgrades or rush processing (shipping in effect), itd be absolutely perfect because people dont want user accounts.  They input their address into the notes box upon checkout.

If u want full on physical shop with user accounts, credit card payments, etc then i think woocommerce and stuff like that is better option.

But certain situations, bitshop would be my choice.  I like its simplicity and the fact that no signup is needed.  Theres two last things i wish it had:
1. Ability to use list of payment wallets instead of the automated method ( or electrum mpk method would be really great)
2. Supplemental option for item pricing (shiping, delivery, processing options for additional costs)
3. A few simple action buttons that checked blockchain confirmations against wallet balances and orders, etc.  (i think i can actually manage this myself - well see)
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:45:52 PM

I haven't updated my store for a version or two so I don't know if physical ordering is included yet. However, even if it's not... simple modifications made to some pages makes it easy to do. See my site spend-ur-bits.com and view the checkout page of any item.

To be decided...
johnny508

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:28:33 PM

I haven't updated my store for a version or two so I don't know if physical ordering is included yet. However, even if it's not... simple modifications made to some pages makes it easy to do. See my site spend-ur-bits.com and view the checkout page of any item.

Hi, i tried to look at item and checkout but dont really see any supplemental / ship upgrade options.. Can u point me more specifically?

Also, is anybody getting error that says:
Warning set time limit has been disabled for security reasons in ecclib/auto_load.php on line 46

Not sure what i may have done wrong..
Anton975

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:06:21 PM

Unless you've done it, that's something your host has done. Contact them.
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 03:47:08 AM

Also, is anybody getting error that says:
Warning set time limit has been disabled for security reasons in ecclib/auto_load.php on line 46
This stackoverflow page answers your question:
Web hosting companies do this to prevent you from running very-long-running processes that could impact the availability of other websites sharing the server.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17434013/set-time-limit-has-been-disabled-for-security-reasons
The easiest solution is to try removing line 46 from the auto_load.php file. If that doesn't work you'll need to contact your host.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
johnny508

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:37:23 PM

Yep it was web host issue causing the error..

I think im almost set.. Im trying to hack around one last thing and hoping somebody can point me in right direction..

I have manual email orders and prefer that the progress bar be completely gone and tat i just manually confirm my orders.

I did some testing and fiund that there are sess- files that get created in the dbs tmp folder which appear to drive the database inputs to turn status to confirmed.  The value it seems to generate is something like:
1addressxyzxyzxyz-confirms;i:1|

Starts at i:0 and then turns to i:1 after blockchain confirms.  If i could somehow make that value a static value that jives with the rest of the process updating STATUS, that would seem like it would be a workaround?

Anybody have any ideas as to how i might just tell one of the payment/status php pages to consider any value as confirmed?  Or some way that i could force the # 1 into the sess- files to trick it into thinking its confirmed?

I understand the risks associated with the confirmation skipping but this would work so much better for my needs and volume. 
Skyenet

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:12:28 PM

Hey I am having people complaining. I got 7 orders on my site but they are not confirmed etc. Is something wrong with the script?

Also I have no idea how to set up my coinbase with it. It only gives me a Coinbase key and secret key but I see no call back key or security string. You should make a documentation to help people.

Also when are you coming out with the option for users to put their address for shipping?
johnny508

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:13:32 PM

For what its worth, i did a few tests using manual email sales esterday on latest new version and they did confirm.

But my biggest fear is a situation like u mentioned where the confirmations or addresses somehow dont come thru.  This is why i would love to see the payment wallet management have the option to manually feed a list of wallets and for confirmations to have a manual check button that queries blockchain for all pending orders.

SteamGamesBTC.com

Activity: 734
Merit: 507

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 05:07:55 PM

Hey I am having people complaining. I got 7 orders on my site but they are not confirmed etc. Is something wrong with the script?
I would suggest to check the Bitcoin addresses manually (maybe just buyer didn't pay or closed payment window before 1 confirmation). Go to admin panel -> orders and click on unconfirmed order (should be red highlighted), then copy Bitcoin address and paste it ie. on https://blockchain.info/.

SteamGamesBTC.com
> Automatic 24/7 bot: purchase any Steam game 20% cheaper with Bitcoin! <
Skyenet

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 06:51:27 PM

I would suggest to check the Bitcoin addresses manually (maybe just buyer didn't pay or closed payment window before 1 confirmation). Go to admin panel -> orders and click on unconfirmed order (should be red highlighted), then copy Bitcoin address and paste it ie. on https://blockchain.info/.

The odd thing is for some reason either someone has found a way to steal keys without paying?

www.btc-bets.com/shop

All of my office keys are sold out (had 10) and I checked and it says they all have been activated. And all of them say their orders were unconfirmed..Yet it still gave it out to people...
Anton975

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:44:04 PM

The odd thing is for some reason either someone has found a way to steal keys without paying?

www.btc-bets.com/shop

All of my office keys are sold out (had 10) and I checked and it says they all have been activated. And all of them say their orders were unconfirmed..Yet it still gave it out to people...

Well why don't you do what any self respecting sys-admin would do.

If you truly suspect a breach, you need to disable your shop & start raking your access logs for a start.
Skyenet

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:32:40 AM

www.btc-bets.com/shop

Well why don't you do what any self respecting sys-admin would do.

If you truly suspect a breach, you need to disable your shop & start raking your access logs for a start.

and who said I wasa sys-admin? I am just a investor in projects and sell stuff.
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:49:56 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 05:13:52 AM by bitfreak!

Skyenet: what version of BitShop are you running?

EDIT: Looks to me like you've got lots of other products still in stock. If it was a breach I imagine the attacker would have taken everything. Did you do what SteamGamesBTC suggested and check the balance of the addresses to see if you got paid? I'm guessing it's some how related to the problem with your unconfirmed orders. Since no one else has reported a similar problem I'll need to take a close look at your website to diagnose the problem. I'll need temporary FTP access to start with.

johnny508

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:51:31 AM

This could be made so incredibly foolproof and safe for so many different businesses if only the confirmation workflow could be made more reliable.  I really dont believe ive ever encountered a bitcoin payment screen that worked where i had to sit there for ten to thirty mins.  And the possibility of some unknown address not making its way to admin key manager is scary.

A few folks i demonstrated this for were immediately out off by the fact that u couldnt manage ur keys either via an mpk or via a bulk list of addresses both of which are common as of today.

And the progress bar.

Personally, im concerned with manual email delivery method and would ideally want the following workfkow p:
1. Buyer enters qty 1 and buy.  Makes payment via qr code.  Clicks payment confirmed. 
- payment confirmed screen triggers a check of blockchain wallet balance vs order balance and if equal gives status of paid - pending confirmation or not paid or partially paid. 
- buyer gets link to check status later.  This link should be instructed to be visited 10-30 mins later at which point it triggers the blockchain confirmation count, order status, etc,
- Or link to return to make additional payment and reconfirm payment.

But i cant see this not causing issues with instant delivery.  I know people who would use something like this but would never expect their customers to sit on a screen for 20 mins.
- wouldnt it make more sense to check payment amount at time of payment/click oayment confirmed button.
- then instruct customer to visit order status page in 10-20 mins to check blockchain confirmation count.  If count matches defined admins settings count, then instant download is available.  If not, message states to revisit in 10-30 mins to recheck.

If you then had a little more admin workflow actions that helped verify payment amounts vs blockchain amounts, etc., youd have a nice shop script on ur hands thatd be worth way more than ur charging. 

I wish i knew somebody who could customize this thing just a little firther - if anybody has recommendation or skills, i will gladly pay.  Im convinced sfter trying lots of other ecommerce solutions that this is the one that suits my needs best.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: