Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:19:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShop - cryptocurrency shopping cart script [PHP/MYSQL] (v1.1.2)  (Read 74727 times)
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 08:19:05 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 09:17:40 AM by bitfreak!

What is BitShop

BitShop is a powerful PHP/MYSQL shop script which allows merchants to easily sell digital items such as software or codes, in return for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. BitShop is the #1 shop script for selling digital goods. It also powers the official BitShop website (screenshot above).

Fast and Simple

The checkout process is designed to be as simple and fast as possible. The buyer will go through an easy checkout process and they will receive the item instantly after the payment is confirmed. Multiple payment gateways, including Coinbase and GoCoin, can be enabled simultaneously.

Flexible and Modular

BitShop is designed with developers in mind. Unlike many other scripts, BitShop is extremely modular and offers developer flexibility. For example new payment gateways can easily be installed as self-contained modules and new themes can also be installed without overwriting other themes.

Dynamic and Responsive

BitShop makes use of the latest in web technology to provide a dynamic and responsive user experience. Built upon Bootstrap 2 and HTML5 Boilerplate, the BitShop script is fast and looks good on any platform. Witness the power of HTML5 and PHP (and a bit of JS and CSS of course).

Bootstrap Template

The default template used by BitShop is built around the Bootstrap 2 framework. If you visit WrapBootstrap or Bootswatch you can get custom made Bootstrap themes. This provides a great way to change the default theme but it's also easy to remove Bootstrap and build a theme from scratch.

Powerful Admin Area

BitShop includes an administration area where it's possible to manage your orders, products, vouchers, accounts, etc. BitShop supports a wide range of different methods for selling digital items such as files, keys, and gift codes. It now also includes basic support for selling physical items.

Regain Independence

The built-in payment gateway is fully customizable and uses multiple public block explorer API's to handle payments. Addresses can be automatically generated on the fly or taken from a custom list. You can also run a bitcoin/altcoin daemon to directly process payments without a 3rd party.

Official Website

Official BitShop Website
Official BitShop Forum

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 08:53:32 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 12:04:56 PM by bitfreak!

Useful links:

Common Problems and FAQ
BitShop Change Log

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 10:50:44 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2015, 04:56:17 PM by bitfreak!

Here are some pics of some of the more important sections of admin area. At some point I will create a live demo which lets anyone log into the admin panel use most of the features.

Admin Home
Transaction Info
Transaction List
Create New Product
Product List
Product Info
Category Menu
Reviews Menu
RSA Key Gen
Page Editing
Product Images

NOTE: most of these images are a bit outdated now.

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 02:48:27 AM

Ahhh, the first purchase of BitShop has been made! Thanks to who ever bought it.  Smiley

If you need any help with anything please don't hesitate to post your questions here.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 09:27:16 AM

Looks cool.

Given that $10 is kind of arbitrary and you don't have any marginal costs to speak of it seems like a good time to denominate in BTC directly. The payer won't need to wonder or ask which exchange's rate to look at and you won't have to examine the timestamp and look up exchange data to see if they are short or over.

You could adjust the price if it moves too far from where you want in terms of value, but I'd say that when there is more total value held in coins (high price) the shop code is worth more and less when less. So you might even just pick one BTC price for all time.

Anyway, hope it sells a bunch for you.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 09:50:10 AM

Finally! Thanks a lot! Nice to see someone do this!

Bitpay aren't going to be happy with you lol Cheesy
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 12:03:30 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 04:57:16 AM by bitfreak!

So you might even just pick one BTC price for all time.
Eh I don't really care. Having the price fluctuate with the exchange rate helps illustrate how the script works. BTW the exchange rate values are pulled from Mt. Gox using my GoxGrab script (a free script).

Bitpay aren't going to be happy with you lol
Haha, I don't think they'll really care about this script. But what they might care about is the Bitcoin SCI script (which is used by BitShop), since it's free and simply relies on public blockchain.info and/or blockexplorer.com data to confirm transactions. (I no longer maintain the free SCI script and it's probably not safe to use anymore).

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:00:11 PM

I wanted to ask, is there a pay what you want option for this SCI?
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 06:09:22 AM

I wanted to ask, is there a pay what you want option for this SCI?
I'm not sure what you mean by a "pay what you want option". Can you elaborate.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 04:16:08 PM

Here for example : https://www.coindl.com/page/category/wallpapers

They have a pay what you want button where rather than pay a specific price people can just pay money that they enter in, it would be pretty awesome too if you could have a minimum amount put in as well perhaps but it's something that seems to be popping up around websites lately because people seem to like not just paying a fixed price all the time.

Here's a bit of a read for a little study into the payment method as well Tongue : http://www.copyblogger.com/pay-what-you-want-pricing/
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 01:43:25 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 02:38:14 AM by bitfreak!

Here for example : https://www.coindl.com/page/category/wallpapers

They have a pay what you want button where rather than pay a specific price people can just pay money that they enter in, it would be pretty awesome too if you could have a minimum amount put in as well perhaps but it's something that seems to be popping up around websites lately because people seem to like not just paying a fixed price all the time.

Here's a bit of a read for a little study into the payment method as well Tongue : http://www.copyblogger.com/pay-what-you-want-pricing/
No the script doesn't include that option but it would be fairly easy to add. I'll think about integrating it into the script because it could prove to be a popular idea.

The most difficult part is finding a good way to release patches and updates to previous customers. Since I'm just selling the source and not license keys it's hard to do.

I suppose what I really should do is add member accounts so that users have a client control panel where they can manage their downloads and check for updates.

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 02:18:50 PM

New and far superior version of BitShop has now been released. If you saw this script before you will know just how far it has come now. See the second post in this thread for a list of changes. I have only just uploaded this new version to my server so if you experience any problems please let me know. Thanks guys.

luke.watson

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 09:41:08 PM

Purchased this today from Jacob, I have to say it is a really great script it takes a few minutes to set up and then you're good to go, adding products and pages is very simple - it has a lot of nice simple features, the recently sold products is a very nice touch as is the rating system, fully html support in product descriptions allows you to fully customize the product page and you can even check your order's progress which I think is great!

It also comes with pricing updates straight from Mt.Gox so you get the best pricing possible

I genuinely cannot fault this at all, I've used similar plugins with wordpress and they cannot compare. This tool has a very nice CMS and features which I would say unheard of with similar scripts I've used. Not a lot more I can say, it's the best pricing you will find, anywhere it works exactly as stated and it is genuinely a great tool which I would recommend to anyone selling digital goods, it could also be altered for a physical goods store and would work equally as well

Great job with this Jacob, Cheers!
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 02:21:05 PM

Thanks for the very nice feedback Luke. It certainly is hard to find shopping cart software tailored for selling digital items and I think the merging with bitcoin really helps make it unique. Thanks for your help with the debugging too, it was very helpful.

EDIT: btw folks check out Luke's website, now powered with BitShop:
http://cdkey-hut.com/

Houseonfire

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 09:44:40 PM

If I buy this, is it possible for people to sign up and post their own items to sell?
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 05:03:41 AM

If I buy this, is it possible for people to sign up and post their own items to sell?
No it doesn't offer any type of auction or ebay-type functionality unfortunately.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 03:19:23 PM

Bitfreak, I understand pretty much everything on the install.txt file you gave in the release but I have no idea how to use the mysql_db.txt you described, could you give clearer instructions on that? Normally I'm used to PHP stuff being needed on the Cpanel which I've already set up but I'm not sure what to do here.
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 02:42:20 AM

Bitfreak, I understand pretty much everything on the install.txt file you gave in the release but I have no idea how to use the mysql_db.txt you described, could you give clearer instructions on that? Normally I'm used to PHP stuff being needed on the Cpanel which I've already set up but I'm not sure what to do here.
In your case you need to create a new database within cpanel and then log into phpmyadmin and select the database you created. Then click on the SQL tab and paste the text from the mysql_db.txt file into the text area and hit the Go button. Now your BitShop database has been created and you should be good to go once you save the database connection settings into the main config file.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 03:27:53 AM

Ah thanks, I'll give it a shot and see if that works.

Edit: Excellent! Everythings working great now! Thanks! Smiley It's nice and quick too, I've always found that Open Cart stuff way too clunky.
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 03:52:52 AM

Ah thanks, I'll give it a shot and see if that works.

Edit: Excellent! Everythings working great now! Thanks! Smiley It's nice and quick too, I've always found that Open Cart stuff way too clunky.
No problem, the .htaccess file from HTML5 Boilerplate really seems to speed up any website a lot. It's probably also because the script doesn't use any complex PHP framework, it's basically just pure PHP coded as simple as it can be.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: