Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:57:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShop - cryptocurrency shopping cart script [PHP/MYSQL] (v1.1.2)  (Read 74729 times)
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:21:11 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 06:16:54 PM by MoreBloodWine

So I just sold something, went to decrypt and am getting *** INVALID CYPHERTEXT ***

I am 100% certain my keys are accurate so now what, I lost the BTC and tell the buyer, tough cookies but the store software is on vacation ?

Edit: I did notice when viewing the actual order in admin, it shows the private key hash but no address in the address box if that matters.

Does this mean he never completed the transaction properly and needs to go back and look for that message at the top in a yellow background ?

To be decided...
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:14:44 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 08:25:51 PM by bitfreak!

Edit: I did notice when viewing the actual order in admin, it shows the private key hash but no address in the address box if that matters.
That probably means you didn't save your public RSA key into the sci/config.php file. The instructions were clearly written on the RSA key generation page for how to set it up. If you haven't included the public RSA key into your SCI config file then I don't think you'll be able to recover the private keys.

EDIT: oh sorry I read that wrong, you're saying it shows the encrypted private key but not the bitcoin address? I haven't seen that problem before, you might be able to recover your private keys if they were encrypted properly.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:28:20 PM

That probably means you didn't save your public RSA key into the sci/config.php file. The instructions were clearly written on the RSA key generation page for how to set it up. If you haven't included the public RSA key into your SCI config file then I don't think you'll be able to recover the private keys.

EDIT: oh sorry I read that wrong, you're saying it shows the encrypted private key but not the bitcoin address? I haven't seen that problem before, you might be able to recover your private keys if they were encrypted properly.
That's just the thing, pub and priv were saved just fine. When I go to use the decrypt key I get that cipher thing. I got a item sold email from the shop with the address and I can verify the amount on it via blockchain. It's just what I suspect is the private key for that address wont decrypt.

I've since replaced the keys and did a test sale, worked out fine. So future sales should be ok. but my first ale ever seems to be locked and it's not for a small amount either lol

Edit: It's a long shot but at this point a hale mary is all I have, can I PM you all the info ?

To be decided...
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:33:45 PM

Well if it's working after you changed to new RSA keys then that probably means there was something wrong with your old keys. You might not have copied the public RSA key into the SCI config file properly. More than likely though you didn't copy the full private RSA key properly when you generated it (many people seem to do that for some reason). If that's the case then the bitcoins are lost.

EDIT: yes PM me all the info, including your old RSA key set (both public and private) and the private bitcoin key you're having trouble decrypting. I promise if I manage to decrypt it I wont steal it. Lol.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:59:23 PM

Well if it's working after you changed to new RSA keys then that probably means there was something wrong with your old keys. You might not have copied the public RSA key into the SCI config file properly. More than likely though you didn't copy the full private RSA key properly when you generated it (many people seem to do that for some reason). If that's the case then the bitcoins are lost.

EDIT: yes PM me all the info, including your old RSA key set (both public and private) and the private bitcoin key you're having trouble decrypting. I promise if I manage to decrypt it I wont steal it. Lol.
At this point I'd toss you a big fuckin thankyou if you helped me out even though the buyer may want a refund so lets see what happens.

Kinda worried how this will play out if the coins are lost because refunding something I don't have is out of the question and even if it wasn't would be a big loss for me, even though the same could be said for the buyer.

Is there any other way to manage encrypt and decrypt without keys that could wrap the empire state building and become potential problems ?

Maybe something like passpharses or w/e ?

Also, I know (really freakin hope) I didn't copy it wrong because I always "cut" when doing things like that (select all, cut / ctrl x) and the box was empty after cutting.

Edit: FWIW, when a pr key is successfully decrypted, if there any way to have a QR code shown for the pr key for things like the blockchain app to scan ?

To be decided...
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:29:20 PM

Well by the looks of it you increased the number of bits in the RSA keys when you generated them and that led to the problem. Since that seemed to be the problem I thought I might be able to decrypt the private bitcoin key but then I realized that the encrypted string had been trimmed by the database automatically when it was inserted because it was so large. So it looks like your bitcoins are probably lost after all. You really should have tested it before you went live, but it's partially my fault for including the ability the change the number of bits in the RSA keys, I'll have to remove that in future versions of BitShop to make sure it's not increased beyond what the script can deal with.

Kinda worried how this will play out if the coins are lost because refunding something I don't have is out of the question and even if it wasn't would be a big loss for me, even though the same could be said for the buyer.
Well my advice would be to give the customer what they bought or some how refund them because it wont be good for business if your first sale is botched. Just use future sales to recover your loss.

Is there any other way to manage encrypt and decrypt without keys that could wrap the empire state building and become potential problems ?
It's only a problem if it's not set up correctly, and RSA encryption is the best type of encryption to use for this purpose because you don't need to store your decryption key on the server, so even your web host cannot access your private bitcoin keys. Plus your keys were only so long because that number of bits had been increased.

FWIW, when a pr key is successfully decrypted, if there any way to have a QR code shown for the pr key for things like the blockchain app to scan ?
I'll probably add something like that in future versions of BitShop, it's a good idea.

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:40:10 PM

Well by the looks of it you increased the number of bits in the RSA keys when you generated them and that led to the problem. Since that seemed to be the problem I thought I might be able to decrypt the private bitcoin key but then I realized that the encrypted string had been trimmed by the database automatically when it was inserted because it was so large. So it looks like your bitcoins are probably lost after all. You really should have tested it before you went live, but it's partially my fault for including the ability the change the bits in the RSA keys, I'll have to remove that in future versions of BitShop to make sure it's not increased beyond what the script can deal with.

I probably did without realizing it, as for the bold bit, not to be a dick lol... so free lifetime license on BitShop for me then ;-p

Or at the very least a nice uprade from my 1yr ?

Well my advice would be to give the customer what they bought or some how refund them because it wont be good for business if your first sale is botched. Just use future sales to recover your loss.

True, I'd rather hold the item since it's limited stock and work on a refund though, either way he's gonna have to sit pissy for a while ;-/

But if you can somehow manage to get that pr key unlocked, feel free to take half as a ty and incentive to try everything under the sun.

It's only a problem if it's not set up correctly, and RSA encryption is the best type of encryption to use for this purpose because you don't need to store your decryption key on the server, so even your web host cannot access your private bitcoin keys. Plus your keys were only so long because that number of bits had been increased.

Still worth asking but maybe like you said remove the RSA edit thing and if posible, add a quick and easy way to test keys.

FWIW, when a pr key is successfully decrypted, if there any way to have a QR code shown for the pr key for things like the blockchain app to scan ?
I'll probably add something like that in future versions of BitShop, it's a good idea.

Probably lol, if ya like the idea then Git r' Done as Larry would say.

To be decided...
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:46:29 PM

There may be one last shred of hope for you, if you have logging enabled on your database then there might be a file which contains some of the recent queries, and if you're lucky it might contain the original query with the full encrypted private key before it was truncated. If you do manage to locate your database log send it to me and I'll see what I can do. But I've got to get some sleep right now because I've been up all night, so I'll help you out when I return.

And I'll send you a 3 year license key when I return.

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:52:10 PM

There may be one last shred of hope for you, if you have logging enabled on your database then there might be a file which contains some of the recent queries, and if you're lucky it might contain the original query with the full encrypted private key before it was truncated. If you do manage to locate your database log send it to me and I'll see what I can do. But I've got to get some sleep right now because I've been up all night, so I'll help you out when I return.

And I'll send you a 3 year license key when I return.
That I don't know, you may have to give me some commands to run in PuTTy and check but this key woulda been encrypted a lon time ago. Ok, not so long but I think late Jan / early Feb.

I also host several websites so it the logs not database specific then chances are it wont have anything in it i I even have the extended logging enabled or w/e it is your talking about, but ya, you might have to walk me through it via PM later.

To be decided...
thonglor

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:01:37 AM

More than likely though you didn't copy the full private RSA key properly when you generated it (many people seem to do that for some reason).

Well, Ctrl-a and/or double-ckicking in the field where the private key is displayed doesn't work, it does not copy all characters at least on Midori browser via VNC, I have no idea why. Copying of the entire private key only worked for me by slowly marking the entire key per mouse and then copying it.
key4co.in

Activity: 812
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:09:23 AM

More than likely though you didn't copy the full private RSA key properly when you generated it (many people seem to do that for some reason).

Well, Ctrl-a and/or double-ckicking in the field where the private key is displayed doesn't work, it does not copy all characters at least on Midori browser via VNC, I have no idea why. Copying of the entire private key only worked for me by slowly marking the entire key per mouse and then copying it.
I'm using Firefox on Win8 and double clicking worked well for me Smiley
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:35:27 AM

Ok, so couple of suggestions I'd like to see in the next release.

1) When viewing categories via admin, if you used an over size image. It resizes fine and looks good on the home page, but you get the big in your face version in admin. What I would like to see in the admin area if the large image resized just like it is on the home page.

2) When viewing the categories tab, everything looks like this: Software Keys (2)

I'd like the see the (?) added to the category "block" on the left side as well.

To be decided...
Martok88

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

SteamBitShop.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:59:07 PM

The "get balance" link on order pages in the admin area doesn't seem to be working. It always gives the error message "There was a problem getting the balance."
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 12:54:52 AM

The "get balance" link on order pages in the admin area doesn't seem to be working. It always gives the error message "There was a problem getting the balance."
That's strange, never seen that happen before. Open the inc/admin/orders.inc.php file and replace line 60 to 62 with the following lines of code:

error: function(jqXHR, textStatus, errorThrown) {
  console.log(textStatus, errorThrown);
}

Then if you try getting the balance it should log details of the error to the console.

Martok88

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

SteamBitShop.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 01:23:31 AM

That's strange, never seen that happen before. Open the inc/admin/orders.inc.php file and replace line 60 to 62 with the following lines of code:

error: function(jqXHR, textStatus, errorThrown) {
  console.log(textStatus, errorThrown);
}

Then if you try getting the balance it should log details of the error to the console.
Thanks, I was able to fix it. My domain uses a redirect so I was getting a "No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present" error.
st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:35:41 AM

is bitshop script still available and how much for please
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 01:45:29 AM

www.bitfreak.info/bitshop/

st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:49:02 AM

www.bitfreak.info/bitshop/
thanks but how much is the script and how can i order
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 01:56:47 AM

You can order it from the link I just gave you, the price is also clearly listed there.

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:41:00 AM

Ok, so couple of suggestions I'd like to see in the next release.

1) When viewing categories via admin, if you used an over size image. It resizes fine and looks good on the home page, but you get the big in your face version in admin. What I would like to see in the admin area if the large image resized just like it is on the home page.

2) When viewing the categories tab, everything looks like this: Software Keys (2)

I'd like the see the (?) added to the category "block" on the left side as well.
In addition to these, I'd also like to suggest a testimonial tab where when one is submitted it must first be approved before it is shown. The By line could be what a lot sites use.

By: J. Doe, City State 3/11/14

To be decided...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: