Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:28:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34254 times)
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 01:12:11 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

home internet and mobile internet goes down
Will we even survive after a nuclear war? satellite internet might work for those who survive lol
Perfect Legendary, 
If we will survive than internet will be backed up again and Bitcoin and it's network will be back online but the prime question will be if nuclear war happened and all the world destroyed than who will be there to backup everything and who will remain there to worry about Bitcoin or Fiat or any precious metal.

billionaireSHS

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:56:34 PM

Ofcourse when the internet goes down, bitcoin will also goes down because bitcoin is a digital currency and without an internet we can't use bitcoin. We can say that bitcoin is interrelated with internet. Smiley

Nhobita

Activity: 65
Merit: 27

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:00:35 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
Well, with that scenario you have stated, I think Bitcoin services and access on it will be abducted and be blocked since Bitcoin was generated and operated online. Maybe the process of transaction will be slow down or the worst thing to happen is that there will be no transactions to be processed since there is no enough access on internet to access your Bitcoin holding in online preference. The services will be temporarily unavailable unless the internet connection will be back into action.

Joylee

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:03:38 PM

If the internet would go down it would be a disaster for everyone and not only for Bitcoin. I would not even care about Bitcoin if the internet is going down but more about other stuff on the internet. If something catastrophic would happen that resulted in the entire internet going down, I'm sure my bitcoin will be the last of my worries.
Michellekking

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:09:51 PM

If the Internet is gone, then bitcoin loses its living space, but I don't think the Internet will go away except for a nuclear war in the world.
Gramna

Activity: 197
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:13:42 PM

Ofcourse when the internet goes down, bitcoin will also goes down because bitcoin is a digital currency and without an internet we can't use bitcoin. We can say that bitcoin is interrelated with internet. Smiley
Bitcoin is dependent on the internet; without internet, we cannot use Bitcoin or we cannot do any transactions in Bitcoin. So if ever that internet will go down, bitcoin will follow. Bitcoin is just relying, it is not independent at all in terms of that.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:13:48 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

Well I think, as the internet breaks down, all the cryptos will also break down for there is no way for any of us to access bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. We all know that without the internet, bitcoin transactions won't work because internet is a necessity, it is actually the life of bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:21:34 PM

If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. But I doubt that the internet will ever go down, as in like fully shutdown across the whole world.
If internet goes down, it would be a great trouble for everyone who use it. Well bitcoin is a digital currency, meaning it will function with the use of internet. It will not work, and break down. But one thing I know is it won't happen that the internet goes down because we are now living in a modern technology.
Ian Dave

Activity: 183

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:22:44 PM

If the internet goes down, you can't access Bitcoin because it is an online currency or we cannot apply a campaign and register on this site.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:25:11 PM

If the internet goes down, Bitcoin is rendered useless, you pretty much can't do anything. But I doubt that the internet will ever go down, as in like fully shutdown across the whole world.
If internet goes down, it would be a great trouble for everyone who use it. Well bitcoin is a digital currency, meaning it will function with the use of internet. It will not work, and break down. But one thing I know is it won't happen that the internet goes down because we are now living in a modern technology.
Everyone will get affected by this since all of us are now relying on the internet, so I don't think that there is a government and a private company that can operate, people who are always watching news and updates in any social media will get pissed of and even banks, so I think it cannot happen.
Generalbablita

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:25:22 PM

It's never gonna happen. And if it really will happen. Bitcoin is gonna be the least of our problems.
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:28:54 PM

I think if the internet goes down it will really a big problem to all bitcoin users, traders and investors. It will also have a negative effect in bitcoin industry and community. I hope internet will never go down because it will also affect the price of bitcoin and there is a chance that the price of bitcoin will dropped to $0.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:30:04 PM

If something like that happens, then you will need to use your fiat currency or gold or any other precious metals. I don't even think about this scenario. It's too far away, if ever.
Absolutely agree. This scenario, i think it wouldn't happen. Nowadays all people can't live without internet. Even for Bitcoin, can't survive if internet goes down either. I can't imagine it.

There are a lot of companies who are running internet and because of that there is no reason for internet to come down so cryptocurrencies will still live a long life and those who invest on bitcoins will be wealthy in the future.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:31:26 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
That would be a problem. Bitcoin function through the use of internet, and without it, it can't be used. So surely bitcoin will break down, we can't do the trading, signature campaigns, mine and such. Also, it would be a disadvantage to all the investors and to everyone who gets their income only here.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:34:21 PM

Internet is now becoming the basic needs of human life. If internet goes off, not only bitcoin but whole world gets halted. Because almost all economies, industries, educational institutions are using internet in their day to day activity. Whole world will collapse for a while. Bitcoin is a digital currency. It get stored, verified and secured with the help of miners which are spread worldwide, internet is the main connecting link between them. Bitcoin investors will suffer a huge loss; they will not be in a position to perform any transaction. But situation like this will arise only when World war will broke out or a huge Tsunami will hit and destroy the whole civilization.
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:39:20 PM

If nuclear war happens, do you think we'll still survive? Hope it will not going happen because it will be a chaos and devastating. Power will be down and also internet. Definitely there will be no crypto transaction, no miners, no exchange, and no traders.
We need to wait until it will be back to normal. Hope no one will take advantage on your bitcoin.
abhishek_bittu

Activity: 111

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:46:52 PM

The possibility of the internet completely shutting off is highly unlikely. Depending on what jurisdiction you are in, your government may have the right to temporarily pull a kill switch on the Internet. The main purpose of internet kill switches is to either prevent some sort of cyber attack, or when the government feels there is a national threat looming.
soll-moll

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:51:21 PM

If one day, the Internet crashes, then you want to trade BTC can only take your computer wallet or mobile wallet, face to face transactions, which will seriously hamper the development of BTC.
greggypiggy

Activity: 141
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

I thinks its not possible to happen. Bitcoin is a sign that are era is going to be at its peak. Theres no such modern era without internet so dont worry about it
sirenmoon

Activity: 121
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:16:10 PM

if internet just goes down it's not a problem but the problem if internet disappeared for forever it will trouble to not get access to your online wallet, all miner problem,etc..

if the internet indeed vanishes for ever, then the entire infrastructure that depends on internet will be unusable. it's quite a doom scenario that will never happen. it may only go down for a short while. not for ever.

Everything can happen in the future and we can only assume what the future will bring for us. If the situation with the Bitcoin vanishing would realize itself it would only last for while like you stated but this short term of internet shortage could mean a big fail in the value of the Bitcoin and when Bitcoin would recover there would be some huge consequences for the holders of the Bitcoin. Bitcoin would lose its value a lot and nothing would ever bee the same because the investors would lose the faith and their fears would be connected with the possible bad outcomes of the future Bitcoin progress.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: