Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:42:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN - LEOcoin - Official announcement regarding LEOcoin from LEOcoin Foundation  (Read 88298 times)
Cryptotraider16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

http://www.leocoinapp.com/

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2016, 04:16:02 PM

And anyway some day 1 LEOcoin will worth more then 100£ and we wil say thats LEO members. Lets go leo

http://www.leocoin.info - LEOcoin info App!
LEOcoin - traded on 8 exchanges! more coming - Solo POS coin!
BarrioFInito

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 05:30:33 PM

And anyway some day 1 LEOcoin will worth more then 100£ and we wil say thats LEO members. Lets go leo

hahahahaha im sorry to say /ask this , but are you fine? i mean, your health? mental health? Go read your posts and comment them (to youeself...) 1 min is "LEO is the BEST, next BITCOIN" then 2 min is "LEO IT team, sukks, this and that sukks, your hurting LEOCoin"....
Boy make up your damn mind... Cheesy Cheesy
Peter78

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 06:27:40 PM

It seems you do need to know few basics about MLMs and business...

I just found this old review of LEO:

http://behindmlm.com/companies/leo-review-personal-development-dvds-recruitment/

Not sure if it is (still ?) accurate.
BarrioFInito

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 07:30:19 PM

It seems you do need to know few basics about MLMs and business...

I just found this old review of LEO:

http://behindmlm.com/companies/leo-review-personal-development-dvds-recruitment/

Not sure if it is (still ?) accurate.

More or less, but what they dont say here, is that they are giving away coins with those "packages" + "shares", witch are then / or can be converted to coins. Recruit more people, more $$, more free coins, get merchants to sing up to do nothing, they / you  get free coins. Coin is in a worse state then when it started. They had big plans, not 1 was done like they promised, and most of the thing done to lift the coin, was done sloppy, at its best. And by the looks of it, their main goal is / will be MLM. Coin is just a bait....
Peter78

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:09:48 PM

... not 1 was done like they promised, and most of the thing done to lift the coin, was done sloppy

One of the links shows a blog where someone writes about a meeting with Dan Anderson for its former company 6 years ago.
And he too complained about unfished software:

In fact, the website hasn’t even been finished, yet they have already “launched” it. Apparently, basic social networking features such as photo sharing and friend  searching will appear in “phases”. Funny that.

https://sitetalkunaico.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/concerns-about-unaico-sitetalk/

BarrioFInito

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:24:15 PM

... not 1 was done like they promised, and most of the thing done to lift the coin, was done sloppy

One of the links shows a blog where someone writes about a meeting with Dan Anderson for its former company 6 years ago.
And he too complained about unfished software:

In fact, the website hasn’t even been finished, yet they have already “launched” it. Apparently, basic social networking features such as photo sharing and friend  searching will appear in “phases”. Funny that.

https://sitetalkunaico.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/concerns-about-unaico-sitetalk/

Wouldnt know about sitetalk, but i heard things, cant confirm em, so i wont comment on them. But by the looks of it, LEO is a lil better "sitetalk",so what i can comment on is LEO and its attitude towards LEOMembers and LEOcoin. It sucks  Cheesy Get into our pockets, take out money, give 0 shits what we think or what we could do to help LEO grow. Their main objective is MLM....Selling "training videos" on how to sell....nothing  Grin And thats why we came here, to warn people not to invest in LEO. But anyone can do what he / she wants, we are just talking from experience.
Peter78

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 11:36:14 AM

OK, coming back to the discussion on LeoCoin:

Is worth to invest here ?
And how ?
Mining ? Buying ?
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 12:05:18 PM

Well i never invest in leo only mine it when it was profitable now the price is very very low.
Cryptotraider16

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 01:02:52 PM

And how ?
Mining ? Buying ?

Buy on exchange and stake after POS start in 1 month as they promised!

BarrioFInito

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:55:34 PM

And how ?
Mining ? Buying ?

Hahahahah you gotta LOVE this part.....AS THEY.....hahahhaahah  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Roll Eyes
Cryptotraider16

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 02:31:39 PM

And how ?
Mining ? Buying ?

Hahahahah you gotta LOVE this part.....AS THEY.....hahahhaahah  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Roll Eyes

Own 100k so 20k extra a year is good!

LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 02:33:05 PM

Re. POS

As far as I understand, there is a new wallet scheduled for the end of next month. With this wallet, it will be easy to stake once POS is started. I have not seen official announcements from the development team about when the POW mechanism will be switched off.

I will soon post some reasons why the LEOcoin development team made their proposal, but the easiest answer is that LEOcoin already was a CC with a POS mechanism from the start. As such it is not really new. The same goes for the pro and cons that both POW as POS have, there are simply no perfect mining mechanisms.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Community Manager
Cryptotraider16

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 05:24:11 PM

Re. POS

As far as I understand, there is a new wallet scheduled for the end of next month. With this wallet, it will be easy to stake once POS is started. I have not seen official announcements from the development team about when the POW mechanism will be switched off.

I will soon post some reasons why the LEOcoin development team made their proposal, but the easiest answer is that LEOcoin already was a CC with a POS mechanism from the start. As such it is not really new. The same goes for the pro and cons that both POW as POS have, there are simply no perfect mining mechanisms.

Hope POW stop asap!

kiffner

Activity: 505

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:27:45 PM

Re. POS

Hope POW stop asap!

asapnem ti ga nekam..
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 03:16:50 PM

The next step in LEOcoin’s evolution

LEOcoin intends to move from a Proof of Work (POW)/Proof of Stake (POS) to a solely POS mechanism. In this regard, I will today post the first of a three updates to shed some more light on the reasons, motivations and timing. The source is the last lecture of Mr. Sohail Ramzan on Bali. I have summarized this and will state it as it is for your information only and not further discuss the contents of his presentation.

____

Part one:

Regarding the next step from POW/POS to a 100% POS mechanism; there are quite some points that speak in favour of this:

1.   Lower electricity costs
  • POW: Mining LEOcoins with mining RIGs consumes a lot of energy, both for the computations of the CPU/GPU as for cooling the devices with extra fans and air-conditioning. Most of this energy is wasted as all RIGs perform the same cryptographic calculations, but only one RIG per block is rewarded with 20 LEOcoins (or the pool is where each RIG is awarded conform their shares in the pool’s round).
    POS: The POS mechanism requires no additional electricity; you only have to open your LEOcoin wallet and stake in an easy and safe way.
2.   Longer Hardware Life Cycle
  • POW: Mining is hard on your hardware and it reduces your hardware’s life cycle. A decent GPU will cost you about 300$ and a RIG will take several of these! Also additional memory might have to be installed when the n-factor goes up. Used hardware loses its market value extremely fast because of new and faster performing update-models. Next to energy, hardware and maintenance are the main cost factors.
    POS: There is no significant impact on your computer’s lifespan because only very little computation is done when staking. Nor do you need a very fast pc to stake LEOcoin.
3.   Probability of Reward
  • POW: Pay-out become less rewarding due to increase in difficulty (n-factor increase)
    POS: Reward is based on the LEOcoins held in your wallet(s).
4.   No Industrial Computer Farms - More egalitarian distribution
  • POW: Prone to compute-power centralization.
    POS: Every LEOcoin that you own, has a chance to earn more LEOcoin.
5.   Malware Attacks – botnet viruses
  • POW: Prone to malware taking advantage.
    POS: Botnets can’t leverage computers to mine a Proof of Stake LEOcoin.

next update tomorrow ...

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Community Manager
Cryptotraider16

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 06:46:14 AM

Thanks for info.

Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 12:12:12 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 01:53:32 PM by Beave162

The next step in LEOcoin’s evolution
1.   Lower electricity costs
POW: Mining LEOcoins with mining RIGs consumes a lot of energy, both for the computations of the CPU/GPU as for cooling the devices with extra fans and air-conditioning. Most of this energy is wasted as all RIGs perform the same cryptographic calculations, but only one RIG per block is rewarded with 20 LEOcoins (or the pool is where each RIG is awarded conform their shares in the pool’s round).
POS: The POS mechanism requires no additional electricity; you only have to open your LEOcoin wallet and stake in an easy and safe way.

The fact that PoS doesn't require any capital or risk or work (energy, hardware, software) is a negative, not a positive. Energy is not 'wasted'... it is a mechanism for various functions.

2.   Longer Hardware Life Cycle
POW: Mining is hard on your hardware and it reduces your hardware’s life cycle. A decent GPU will cost you about 300$ and a RIG will take several of these! Also additional memory might have to be installed when the n-factor goes up. Used hardware loses its market value extremely fast because of new and faster performing update-models. Next to energy, hardware and maintenance are the main cost factors.
POS: There is no significant impact on your computer’s lifespan because only very little computation is done when staking. Nor do you need a very fast pc to stake LEOcoin.

One great thing about scrypt-chacha (at n-factor 14 and above) is that you can mine with low-cost GPUs (750ti or the R7 240 4GB, priced at less than $130). The $300 for a GPU statement is false. The additional memory statement is also false: under a linux setup, 4GB is plenty. Used GPUs/CPUs do not lose their market-value nearly as much compared to Bitcoin's ASICs. In fact, the market value for the aformentioned GPUs really have not declined much at all.

I'm not sure of the point here... it will be 'easier' to obtain LEOcoins? There is a cliche to keep in mind: "Nothing worth having comes easy." If that was the case, the premined (and PoS only) coins would be dominating in marketcap and volume.

3.   Probability of Reward
POW: Pay-out become less rewarding due to increase in difficulty (n-factor increase)
POS: Reward is based on the LEOcoins held in your wallet(s).

The difficulty increases with n-factor increases? How? You mean the opposite?

4.   No Industrial Computer Farms - More egalitarian distribution

POW: Prone to compute-power centralization.
POS: Every LEOcoin that you own, has a chance to earn more LEOcoin.

It is hard to make the case for LEOCoin as the poster child for decentralization. It seems to me that PoS-only would give more of the newly created LEOCoins to the "foundation" just by simply having LEOCoins that were obtained through the premine.

Again, you can build a rig and participate in the creation of LEOCoins at a relatively low cost point and without dealing with corrupt ASIC companies.

5.   Malware Attacks – botnet viruses
POW: Prone to malware taking advantage.
POS: Botnets can’t leverage computers to mine a Proof of Stake LEOcoin.

This argument is years old. We can pull up the same old comments about Bitcoin, and how it would become a failure because of botnets.

It would make more sense to move the NFactor back and possibly adjust NFactor changes. Hardware from large, legitimate, consumer-friendly companies in the future (CPUs with higher cache, lower TDP; GPUs with higher VRAM) will be a deterrent against botnets.

It isn't just that going from PoW (or PoW/PoS) to PoS has been done before. It has been done MANY times before. It hasn't worked. Most importantly, it isn't an innovative or an interesting idea at all. It has been the result of centralized manipulators not participating in, and not understanding, the value of Proof of Work.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1254

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 01:18:24 PM

It is the result of centralized manipulators not participating in, and not understanding, the value of Proof of Work.

Or perhaps they do understand the value, in that they know the price of their coin cannot afford to drop below a certain level because miners will point their rigs elsewhere and the network dies. Not only do they need to run nodes, they need to run miners in order to create the blocks for the network to function.

In this instance their switching to PoS is more likely a cynical ploy to make it seem like they are taking action for the community as a whole when, the truth is, they are probably doing so in order to be able to sell more coins off without fear of dropping the price too low, as there won't be a 'too low'.

Previously they had to sell coins alongside the miners who have electricity bills to pay, under Proof-of-Stake they don't have a competing group for selling to the market other than the suckers they've already sold coins too who can be easily encouraged to retain their holdings for a 'moon' value while they are busy selling to a new group of MLM/Ponzi victims.

By removing the competing sellers the price is less likely to tank. Not until the exit manoeuvre when they dump everything they have left and run, anyway.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 01:50:24 PM

It is the result of centralized manipulators not participating in, and not understanding, the value of Proof of Work.

Or perhaps they do understand the value, in that they know the price of their coin cannot afford to drop below a certain level because miners will point their rigs elsewhere and the network dies. Not only do they need to run nodes, they need to run miners in order to create the blocks for the network to function.

The network doesn't "die" when the price drops and miners leave--difficulty adjusts. However, it can become more vulnerable to attacks. It is a PoW/PoS hybrid at the moment, right? That means there are incentives to run nodes and create blocks through PoS.

LEOCoin is a heavily premined coin. It will always be fighting a perception of fraud. I hope to focus on the merits of this move to go full PoS under the assumption of desiring long-term viability. There are plenty of fundamental flaws in this idea without going into scam accusations. Again, full PoS is not new, interesting, innovative, and it has never worked. Perhaps it isn't too late...

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1254

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:53:27 PM

The network doesn't "die" when the price drops and miners leave--difficulty adjusts.

Tell that to all the dead altcoins littering the archives of this forum.

Leocoin emerged from the scheming minds of people who operate an MLM structure, what likelihood do you think there is that any business entity from outside of that shady world would want to associate itself with it?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: