Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:12:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which is better? Monero or Dash?
Monero - 128 (63.7%)
Dash - 73 (36.3%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Honestly, which is better? Monero or Dash?  (Read 35893 times)
cryptodromeda (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:14:01 AM

Dash has master nodes, if all the master nodes are taken out, will it survive?

Or that the masternodes are simply handed over to another power.

It's funny - I remember back around 2005 when Yahoo! sold all of its archived email servers to the DoD. I remember thinking "Damn! How can they do that!? Surely there must be laws against this kind of thing??"

It seems sadly not, and the email archives were indeed sold. Turns out Yahoo! is a private company and can do what it wants. Money talks and governments buy.

On a separate note, I think Evan Duffield should take a polygraph. If the instamine is true, that means he is now a millionaire (1.6m USD approx) as a result of a deception.

Fuck that shit.

The instamine isn't  in dispute- Evan and everyone else admits it happened. If it was intentional or not  and what happened to all the coins IS in dispute.

Good point. That's kind of what I meant but I vocalised it wrong.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 03:20:45 AM

Dash has master nodes, if all the master nodes are taken out, will it survive?

Or that the masternodes are simply handed over to another power.

It's funny - I remember back around 2005 when Yahoo! sold all of its archived email servers to the DoD. I remember thinking "Damn! How can they do that!? Surely there must be laws against this kind of thing??"

It seems sadly not, and the email archives were indeed sold. Turns out Yahoo! is a private company and can do what it wants. Money talks and governments buy.

On a separate note, I think Evan Duffield should take a polygraph. If the instamine is true, that means he is now a millionaire (1.6m USD approx) as a result of a deception.

Fuck that shit.

The instamine isn't  in dispute- Evan and everyone else admits it happened. If it was intentional or not  and what happened to all the coins IS in dispute.

Good point. That's kind of what I meant but I vocalised it wrong.

"The instamined coins were redistributed, the blockchain shows they have moved!"
"Dash ensures the privacy of transactions by preventing addresses from being associated with specific individuals."

/DashHole Duffsplanation   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
12dailycoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:52:02 AM

monero is the best
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:17:13 AM

What would it have looked like with option 3: Who cares ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 09:26:32 AM

I mean I like the work on Monero but it is impossible to gain a larger audience in its current state.  And DASH, eh.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:28:10 AM

I mean I like the work on Monero but it is impossible to gain a larger audience in its current state.  And DASH, eh.

I am sure many said the same thing about bitcoin many years ago.

So technically it isn't impossible.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

RaginglikeaBoss

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 09:32:53 AM

I am sure many said the same thing about bitcoin many years ago.

So technically it isn't impossible.

Precise language is your forte.  I should've said it's unlikely.  I love the tech, but no one else I've exposed it to has thought the trouble of learning how to use it was worth their time.

rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:03:32 AM

There is no difference, they are the same, questionable devs and tech. 
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:29:54 AM

I mean I like the work on Monero but it is impossible to gain a larger audience in its current state.  And DASH, eh.

They need to drop the anon bullshit and stop with the deceptive marketing crap.

Creating a fake user bases is not cool.
and their shill antics is exhausting after 2 fucking years of it.

I told them if they deleted that 600+ page topic i would never say another word.
and not make another one just like it to bump 24/7.

They are not "Speculating" about anything..
It's used as MSN messenger / chat for Monero Shill's
a bump fest so the keyword Monero is at the top of the forum 24/7.

People can bash Dash all they want but at least they know how to moderate their Shill'ing.
If they want to advertise in moderation ..i have no complaints at all !

Sick of hearing about Monero 24/7 from 4 guys.. using 44 accounts.
Stay on Polo chat iratating Investard's !

and Monero ?
For fuck sake's that name is gay  Roll Eyes

PS:
@RaginglikeaBoss
Nice to see you in the Altcorn section.. have fun LOL
edit:
You made a good point what you said too !

LiberOptions

Activity: 412

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:42:41 PM

I think XMR is much better to mine ATM. thus it can be more profitable. But it seems that Dash already has an bigger adoption curve.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:04:06 PM

Based on marketcap and as an investment Darkcoin is better.
Other stuff, I am not so sure.
RaginglikeaBoss

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 08:59:08 PM

Without the funny business that Dash had when it started i would vote for that because of the development that coin has and community behind it. But there was funny business and i don't like that. My vote is for Monero.

Not intended to be a criticism on any specific coin, but I think this "community" attribute (as measured here on this forum) is entirely useless unless you are just referring to the value as pump & dump speculation on this forum.

These communities of speculators here on this forum are not going to make any difference as to whether a coin gets widely adopted by currency users. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Why? Because speculators don't do anything nor have any impacts which have anything to do with user adoption of a currency.

Now developers could help. But I don't think developers are what most people mean by "community".

I tend to agree with you, but on this point I do not.  Speculators are what initially take what the developers created and see it as valuable.  Bitcoin being a prime example would've been meaningless if it had never broken that $10 mark.

dadj

Activity: 178

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 09:12:34 PM

Mixing in Monero is instantaneous.

Sure, there's a learning curve that goes with using the command line/terminal - but it's time well spent it if it saves you from having to wait hours every time you need to mix. And then you know how to use a command line/terminal!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOLOdice.comFast 1% Edge DiceAwesome ChartsFaucetPlay / InvestJOIN NOW!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Sure, there's a learning curve that goes with using the command line/terminal - but it's time well spent it if it saves you from having to wait hours every time you need to mix. And then you know how to use a command line/terminal!

Dash separated transaction mixing back in the summer of '14.

Initially it required mixing while sending, where you'd wait for others to mix and send.

Post-summer '14, it works with premixing the coins (when you don't want to transact) so that when you want to transact later => it's instant / you are sending pre-mixed funds. It's a nice workaround.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:17:41 AM

Initially it required mixing while sending, where you'd wait for others to mix and send.

Post-summer '14, it works with premixing the coins (when you don't want to transact) so that when you want to transact later => it's instant / you are sending pre-mixed funds. It's a nice workaround.

LOL the problem with your argument is that you assume everyone is going to premix what they want to send ahead of time.

We live in the year 2016 and time is money.

72 hours to mix 1000 dash through DARKSEND isn't very impressive when there are alternatives that take a second or a few seconds.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Wobberdk

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:42:44 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 01:06:00 PM by Wobberdk

LOL the problem with your argument is that you assume everyone is going to premix what they want to send ahead of time.

72 hours to mix 1000 dash through DARKSEND isn't very impressive when there are alternatives that take a second or a few seconds.

So if Dash only has this hype for anonymity, and Monero is best for that, we have a winner, don't we?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:30:11 AM

That's a neat trick, shifting the mixing time from the sender to the recipient. When you receive coins, you now have to mix them which means you haven't really received them for X amount of time.

The other thing that is going on that makes Darksend even remotely usable is "liquidity providers" which is paying people to Sybil attack the system. That's even worse than trusting masternodes.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:47:58 AM

You can't mix while sending, so yes, you have to premix. The first time you have money on your wallet, you premix them and you can transact with mixed money later.

If someone is so busy that they can't do it, ok.

It could take minutes or hours, depending the availability of others to (pre)mix, how many laundering cycles are used, etc. It's not a given timeframe. More use will get the times much quicker due to more people mixing. The anonymous coin market share and use is still pretty low at this time.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:01:03 AM

Mixing Dash is actually very simple and it does not take 72 hours.

Mixing Dash is actually very simple.

1) Sell Dash for XMR on Poloniex
2) Send XMR to own XMR address
3) Send XMR to a second XMR address with a mixin of say 5
4) Sell XMR for Dash on Shapeshift.io

Voila! Mixed Dash. No need to wait for weeks or worry about masternode blinding.

Edit: When sending the XMR to Shapeshift.io also use a mixin of say 5

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:34:29 AM

idiots you think the public wants to support Silk Road anon coins ?

How bout them FBI's ?

How about XMR morons who know fuck all about security making Monero merch claiming "untraceable"

I am tired of trying to explain security to cocky little shits like smooth/ie etc
these douche bags came here and downloaded Github.zip then fucked around with it and now think they are leet pro's
I have explained at great length endlessly WHY they can NOT claim to be untraceable.
I won all arguments i ever had in crypto about it.
These guys are Morons or fraudulent + liars and spammers.

I have decades of Computer security under my belt and a large resume that spans the globe
a reputation that is world famous and resume a mile long.
I have told these fucking rejects i live and breath "reversing"
It is my hobby and my passion and i am good at it !
I have prob had over a million people on earth with my "cracked" code running on their boxes.
And 1 thing never changes..

Crackers trying to explain cracking to little snotty idiots is ALWAYS a pain in the ass.
They SIMPLY don't have a clue what they are a talking about.
Where as guys like me do.. because we invested 1,000's of hours researching and doing it hands on.

Retardo is dead and it's backed by scammy deceitful idiots.

2016 is going to be a looooong year for these fucking brain dead douche's ROFL

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: