Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:07:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which is better? Monero or Dash?
Monero - 128 (63.7%)
Dash - 73 (36.3%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Honestly, which is better? Monero or Dash?  (Read 35893 times)
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:44:06 PM

I think Monero is better than Dash.  Simple and good crypto coin.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:46:15 PM

The bigger problem was cutting the supply from 84 million to 2x million or so in Darkcoin after a few weeks in existence. That shouldn't ever be done ....

Well it was done and the market is free to price that fact in the same as with everything else that's going on in Dash

The "market has spoken" etc mantra is not entirely incorrect, I will give you that. However crypto markets are largely speculation markets. Retaining value is only part of success. If more and more new people start becoming aware of the fraudulent past (instamine and money supply cut), then you will not be able to factor that even while Dashcoin retains its value at whatever levels.

Am I spamming? Report me!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:46:21 PM

and it will be priced in forever ;-)

All assets have their characteristics which investors value as they see fit. Dash has its marketcap because of the balance of investors who see its developments as impacting favourably on its future over those who see it impacting adversely. There are plenty of cryptos which had ideal launches, which have gone to zero in value. Then there are ones which had less than ideal launches that didn't. Do the math.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:52:41 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 03:04:12 PM by toknormal

If more and more new people start becoming aware of the fraudulent past (instamine and money supply cut)

I doubt it.

New investors are not interested in what happened two years ago at launch. They have their own priorities which may be anything from purchasing a web service to earning a return on a holding. Nor do I agree with you that it was "fraudulent". You would not have made that claim if X-Coin or whatever it was at the time collapsed and disappeared into oblivion and the fact that it didn't has nothing to do with the instamine.

On bitcointalk, everyone makes up their definitions as they go along to suit their own particular agenda and "fraud" is a word that is banded about with great liberty. If you really think it's fraudulent - in the sense that assets were stolen - then I think people should either make a court case out of it or stfu because there are plenty of "real" frauds going on that truly warrant the term.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:56:44 PM

the instamine becomes less relevant ?
LOL

Yeah, well, it won't be the first time. Look at LTC. They mined over half a million coins at launch. At the start they were close to worthless. At peak value (50$) they were around 25.000.000 USD. As the market moved around, as new coins entered the market, as these coins were traded back and forth etc, etc, it all became "less relevant" and the 500.000 coins instamine are now "ok, who cares".

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#litecoin

Litecoin
type of algorithm: scrypt
PoW only
Despite being Bitcoin's supposed silver to it's gold, Litecoin does not escape from this analysis kindly. In the first 96 hours, we see a well defined curve that demonstrates instamining occurred, showing 450,000 LTC being created in less than 6 hours.

There are roughly 27,700,000 Litecoins in existence, which equates to about 1.5% of the total coins that have been created since October 2011. Some people make that case that Litecoin has gone through numerous rises and crashes in the price that could have brought out these initial investors. This is true. The fact that almost 3 years has past since it's creation and the amount of quickly mined coins is approaching less than 1% of the total coins in existence is also worth mentioning. One can still question the intentions of the creator of this coin, but the reality is the threat of the currency crashing because of instaminers selling is less and less likely. We consider this to be a questionable coin/okay coin (one foot in each category) based on this start but probably less risky now that it barely registers as a percentage point of fastmining.

...So did LTC have a big instamine? Yes.

Did it "relaunch" to fix the instamine? No.

Did the ltc dev make any offer to fix the instamined distribution (like drk dev)? Not that I am aware of but then again I wasn't around.

What's the status of the LTC instamine today? => "Who cares", it was 'just' half a million coins, a lot of coins have been issued since then, most have been sold/moved for peanuts in pre-pump periods", etc.
drawingthemoon

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:06:14 PM

If you really think it's fraudulent - in the sense that assets were stolen -

Full Definition of fraud source
a :  deceit, trickery; specifically :  intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right
b :  an act of deceiving or misrepresenting :  trick

then make a court case out of it or stfu

I didn't get tricked by the deceit as I choose not to participate in this deceiving misrepresentation of the asset. Court case really?  Huh Huh Roll Eyes

because there are plenty of "real" frauds going on that truly warrant the term.

Agreed. But it doesn't absolve Darkcoin.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:29:04 PM

While both of them offers anonymity, Dash seem to have better value. Isn't this coin going to have a better future than Litecoin?
If does have a busy support forum so its an alternative, maybe if Chinese will also be interested to them, they'd also grow well.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:32:53 PM

But it doesn't absolve Darkcoin.

Of what ?

Darkcoin / Dash doesn't need absolution of anything. It has done more for its investors than most other currencies. The people you hear complaining and using hammy melodramatic terms like "deceipt" and "fraud" are not the investors - it's the non investors.

That tells you all you need to know.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 03:39:50 PM

If more and more new people start becoming aware of the fraudulent past (instamine and money supply cut)

New investors are not interested in what happened two years ago at launch.

Sure, just like new Bitcoin investors are not interested in what happened 7 years ago at launch.  They don't care about Satoshi's coins, right?   Roll Eyes

All investors are interested in the competence of the project leader, especially if that person is also the lead dev.

Evan is so incompetent he didn't test his fork of Bitcoin (or was it Litecoin, or Peercoin?).

Or he is so incompetent his testing failed to pick up on the instamine problem.

And Even didn't bother to relaunch after the instamine disaster, being too incompetent to realize the instamine would forever stand out as a red flag, warning everyone about his incompetence.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:45:07 PM

While both of them offers anonymity, Dash seem to have better value. Isn't this coin going to have a better future than Litecoin?
If does have a busy support forum so its an alternative, maybe if Chinese will also be interested to them, they'd also grow well.

Except the value, Dash also got more investors and a bigger community. Those factors alone should be considered.
I am a monero holder but that envies me.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:49:47 PM

Evan is so incompetent he didn't test his fork of Bitcoin

As an investor, I'm quite happy with his competence.

As a connoisseur of chronic ranting so are you because he delivers you a permanent audience.
drawingthemoon

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:50:50 PM

But it doesn't absolve Darkcoin.

Of what ?

Darkcoin / Dash doesn't need absolution of anything. It has done more for its investors than most other currencies. The people you hear complaining and using hammy melodramatic terms like "deceipt" and "fraud" are not the investors - it's the non investors.

That tells you all you need to know.

Of course it is the non investors. There is no melodrama. Fraud is an apt description of the situation.

The non investors stay away for a reason and thats the area that has also spoken and will be speaking down the road. It is our duty to make them aware of the entire history so that they can make better informed decisions.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:06:42 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 05:30:32 PM by toknormal

It is our duty to make them aware of the entire history

So I've heard.

Do you get to wear uniforms ?
drawingthemoon

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:09:06 PM

Are you going to get uniforms ?

Maybe. No makeup though  Tongue

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:11:08 PM

Maybe. No makeup though  Tongue

Nice - I'm sure that will be appreciated  Grin
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 04:18:04 PM

It is our duty to make them aware of the entire history

So I've heard.

If you were considering investing in dash, wouldn't you want know about the instamine, the flaws inherent in X11 and instantx, the hours you have to wait to perform darksend and how the instamine makes the idea of democratic governance laughable. When I found out about the instamine I stayed away from Dash, the other flaws validate my decision--clumsy cryptography, shabbily implemented.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:20:26 PM

When I found out about the instamine I stayed away from Dash, the other flaws validate my decision--clumsy cryptography, shabbily implemented.

...and you've waged a loosing campaign on that basis ever since  Wink

(With about as much success as you had here).
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 04:36:28 PM

When I found out about the instamine I stayed away from Dash, the other flaws validate my decision--clumsy cryptography, shabbily implemented.

...and you've waged a loosing campaign on that basis ever since  Wink

(With about as much success as you had here).

A loosing campaign? Loosing the truth from the grasps of dashtards, maybe. This revolution hasn't started or won't start anytime soon (or won't start ever). It's really premature to count a few million in market cap as significant when real success will be counted in multiples of billions above the current Bitcoin market cap. And last time I checked dash's market cap had stagnated, so I'm not sure where you see the success or the winning campaign. It even seems that Dash has declined with the Evolution and the parallel marketing push. I think a reality check is in order.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:29:55 PM

It's really premature to count a few million in market cap as significant

LoL. No it isn't.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 06:32:56 PM

It's really premature to count a few million in market cap as significant

LoL. No it isn't.

This early it's like making free throws in warm-ups. But nice evasion of the technical points. The ground's shifting and you're shouting, "Look where we stand!"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: