Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which is better? Monero or Dash?
Monero - 128 (63.7%)
Dash - 73 (36.3%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Honestly, which is better? Monero or Dash?  (Read 35893 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:12:16 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 07:34:34 PM by TPTB_need_war

I got you on logic...

As long as you do your encryption inside of a lead and RF shielded case and your private key has not been compromised

1. There is always an analog hole. If you are interacting with a device outside your brain, then whatever you are doing exists in an unencrypted state and can be observed, even if your private key is inside a safe "compartment". Yes, you can interact inside a properly shielded and otherwise uncompromised room, but few people outside of professionals are ever going to do that. More realistic is that you will interact on a smart phone in public (or within sight of a window) and much of what you do will be observed by cameras or other surveillance devices. From there is is a small matter of archiving and search technology to find the recordings of your activity.

You constructed a strawman whose only purpose logically is to avoid addressing my point. My point is that one case is provable (I constructed my txn in a safe room and Zerocash is provably anonymous) and the other case is never provable (I don't know if my IP mixnet or my RingCT/Cryptonote was Sybil attacked).

My point is distinguishing between two different classes, not about arguments about how both classes are equivalent for the masses. Your argument about the pigeon was at least an expert could attain anonymity (meaning your goal was at least someone could get anonymity if they expend enough resources and effort), but the fact is the only way an expert can mathematically prove his transaction is anonymous is with the Zerocash model, not the RingCT model (even regardless of IP address correlation because RingCT's can be Sybil attacked and intersection analyzed too!). So corporations could prove their privacy with Zerocash which has been one of your big target market arguments for Cryptonote.

Also the masses can be helped with dedicated hardware devices. The potential of the NSA monitoring every person on earth with RF detectives in a van outside their house is laughable. The main thing is to prevent the run of the mill viruses which can be accomplished easily with a dedicated hardware device. And then even the masses can have very strong assurances their transactions are private.

2. There are ways of getting your transactions out that don't require direct IP communications at all. The bar to find some way to do that is really very, very low. (As opposed to, say, interactively browsing a web site, which is a much tougher problem to solve.)

Focusing on IP addresses doesn't help you, per above that even RingCT/CN mixing is vulnerable to Sybil attack and combinatorial analysis. IP addresses are just yet another weakness of mixnets that are ephemeral and grouped, versus a single universal, persistent mixnet such as Zerocash. The difference is the class difference on the entropy. There is no comparison between them in terms of provable security.

Also I find that idea of using others implausible as a reliable security measure, but that is besides the point regardless.

3. Monero can be made very resilient to network-level surveillance, because of its end to end properties, similar to Zerocash. It won't be as good in terms of theoretical zero-knowledge properties,

Never will you have an equation which tells me what the probability of my privacy is in Cryptonote or RingCT, because it simply can't be computed. There are unknowns that can't be known. The entropy of the question is unbounded (non-deterministic).

So not only won't be as good theoretically, we can't even measure how much worse. We will never know. Because we won't know which Sybils and big correlation meta databases haven't yet come forth.

but it has a much better cryptographic and engineering margin of safety in practice.

I would not capitulate so easily that is provably true. Because for example Monero cryptographer (with pseudonym) Shen-Noether messed up the most basic thing about combinatorial analysis. Do I need to go dig up the link to the Reddit thread? You remember the thread because you jumped on my back assuming he was superior in intellect than me, and then I had to explain it out for both of you. I don't imply that he is dumb nor do I imply that he is not more skilled than me in cryptography and math. I am saying that he can't see all holistic issues, because he is not Daniel Berstein. That is not to lift myself up to their level in their field of expertise because I am not. But rather to recognize that even Monero doesn't have the resources of the SCIPR Lab.

I would tend to agree that given enough open minded people analyzing it, RingCT could end up being more solidly vetted sooner than Zerocash. But the devil is also in the details of implementation and meta attacks (even timing attacks!). I mean you don't have Daniel Bernstein working for you. You don't even have Ralph Merkle. Zerocash has some serious PhDs working on it because zk-SNARKs are fundamentally very important for so many applications.

Also the problem for Cryptonote and Blockstream is they are so damn snobbish (just look the way they treated me in the aforementioned Reddit thread), that they are closing off peer review. They expect it to only come one way and yet they don't even have the resources to hire or interest the real greats in the crypto field.

So although I will tend to lean towards you may have somewhat of a point there, it isn't a slam dunk point. It is dubious.

And besides, I want the best class of crypto for the future. The sooner we can get busy moving that direction, my opinion the better. But if others wish to have other opinions, that is their (and your) prerogative. I am trying to convince you.

Yes there are potential weaknesses but they can be mitigated (for example by being careful how you respend your own change). It is already probably possible to do this with the existing tools as a careful and sophisticated user. We can make it easier for normal users (as in my analogy of how good end-to-end encryption exists today even though most users don't understand how it works or how to do it).

So many bandaids on top of bandaids, or finger in a leak then another finger in another leak and then...no more fingers. As I thought more about as a software engineer, I realized that K.I.S.S. beats a maze of spaghetti. I think ya know what I mean.

I am not sure what is best to do now. There is a lot of effort invested in CN. Do you expend more effort to add RingCT? Well RingCT does simplify a lot because no longer need to maintain equal denomination balances for mixing (which was a simultaneity issue also).

Seems to me you finish off by implementing RingCT, then you start looking at Zerocash for the next move forward?

But I hate slow moving evolution. My tendency would be to move straight to what is going to be the best future. I gather from your statements that you are not convinced Zerocash is a better future. You are apparently worried that the cryptography might be broken. I doubt it, but I need to study it more. I think what ever is broken on it can be fixed, because it appears to be built on solid theoretical findings over decades. When I have more time, I will continue my thread for trying to understand Zerocash from first principles.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:56:59 PM

I prefer dash due to the instant TX for in use with shops

Come on, Dash is realistically used in hardly any shops.

If you are talking about some distant future (where, maybe, some of these coins will be widely used in stores), the can very well be instant (or more instant) transaction methods employed on top of Monero too.

In fact the most "instant transactions" I've seen in crypto is shopping on Bitpay merchants with Bitcoin which are usually accepted instantly (but with risk of reversal, handled in a context-decedent manner).

I agree that hardware wallet support is important a valuable plus for Dash. Monero does have cold storage which is sufficient for speculators to protect their stash long term against malware and exploits. I'm not really sure Trezor is entirely "noob friendly" either.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:59:58 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 09:31:52 PM by TPTB_need_war

Dash appears to have more attack holes than Swiss cheese. For example, InstantX makes a Finney double-spend attack trivially easy else unlimited forking[1]. We are enumerating some of the flaws over in my thread for anyone who is interested in the gory details. I will be making more posts analyzing this with monsterer.

Any one who thought someone of Evan's meager intellect (the guy isn't dumb but he does not appear to be a cryptographer nor have the necessary background and he is reaching over his head in terms of the experience and skills needed to pull off a change to Satoshi's design) without any peer review and help from experts could create a system that isn't flawed, must be smoking some really good weed or is just not very informed about the technologies involved.

I am not taking sides on Monero vs. Dash issue. But I am evaluating the technologies. I have been frank about issues with anonymity in Cryptonote and I am also being frank about block chain consensus design as it applies to Dash and Evolution. Please don't accuse me of being biased. Anyone is free to correct me on the facts in my thread. But please do know what you are talking about and don't just start a war of silly words.

Anyone who goes on claiming any advantage of InstantX without admitting it can be trivially double spent or lead to unlimited forking seems to be intellectually dishonest. Arguments along the lines of "if that is true, why didn't happen yet" are refuted with:

1. Perhaps only I am the one who realized how to attack it. And I just described it today.
2. There isn't much incentive to do that attack, because (from what I've heard about most of the trading volume on altcoins being fake) there isn't any way to extract any significant value from Dash via shorting.

I will not discuss the premine issue. I don't care. That is up to you all to decide about. I understand the arguments. I understand perhaps it matters. In my mind none of that matters. None of these coins any where close to serving the masses. Any coin that is serving the masses won't have to answer to anyone's allegations because anyone who invents a coin with millions of users has already won.

[1]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg13270588#msg13270588
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg13278948#msg13278948
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg13280681#msg13280681

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:00:49 PM

TPTB, I replied to you but I accidentally deleted it.

I don't feel like retyping it all, so I'll just comment that the discussion is off topic for Monero or Dash except to note that we aren't even talking about Dash at all. Which is significant.

Anyway, long term if zk-snarks pan out then as you say they are important for many applications. We don't need to rush anything here, nor dismiss using more mature methods in the interim, but no one is dismissing the method certainly, nor claiming that something that applies zero knowledge across all transactions does not provide superior privacy. Just at what costs remains to be seen.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:55:16 PM

No I don't mean currently but future for sure as I have only seen a couple stores that accept bitcoin in person not a single one that accepts an alt.

Okay we agree on that part of it.

The trezor support + instant TX currently make it the best coin for future store use and I would say litecoin in second, litecoin just has 2 minute blocks and I don't expect my retailers to understand how it works and they'll probably want me to wait til it confirms. (Seriously remember how stupid some people are)

2 minutes is much too slow for most retail, especially since you can't be sure you will get a block in two minutes (slow blocks happen so it might be 5 or longer), nor that the first block won't be reorged.

If monero gets a main gui wallet, a good mobile wallet and trezor support (that allows Mobile use) and extremely short blocks or an instant TX I can see it being the coin to use at stores in person. Anonymity isn't going to be the killer feature of either of these coins and the only way it would be is if a large darkweb player only accepted one of them.

Trezor support for Monero has been worked on but it is challenging because the hardware is so underpowered (sized more or less to just barely be able to handle Bitcoin and its forks). Maybe that problem will solve itself over time as other hardware wallets become available (it also isn't impossible Monero will be made to work on it).

I agree anonymity isn't a killer feature for most people (they use Facebook after all), but it is very hard to maintain fungibility without good privacy on the chain. That's not something you can really sell as a feature, but is still a necessary foundation for a strong monetary system.

There is also an argument that a minority with a strong desire for an attribute such as privacy when the majority doesn't much care can push the market toward single solution that addresses the needs of both if the cost of the attribute is not too high.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:02:59 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 10:34:06 PM by TPTB_need_war

There is also an argument that a minority with a strong desire for an attribute such as privacy when the majority doesn't much care can push the market toward single solution that addresses the needs of both if the cost of the attribute is not too high.

I see no logical reason for the masses to reject anonymity en masse protest (masses are complacent any way) if they aren't forced to use it when it is too slow and resource oppressive to their needs and main priorities.

This is another strong reason to favor Zerocash, because then the universal anonymity set doesn't require most users to be in it, and still be effective. This is a criticism of both Dash and Cryptonote.

Eventually even diehards will realize they want to be on the winning side, so I wonder how much longer you can resist.  Wink I do play chess but I use a board called life instead of one with a well studied set of actors.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:15:58 PM

-BOTH-

FUD first & ask questions later™
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:18:19 PM

Well I was given a review unit of keepkey and it works similar to Trezor but it is higher quality and not a clone, it may be able to handle monero if developed for it. I would definitely suggest those working on trezor support look into keepkey hardware and see if it is possible.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw a demo of one of those on a video. Thank you for the useful feedback.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:19:50 PM

I see no logical reason for the masses to reject anonymity en masse protest (masses are complacent any way) if they aren't forced to use it when it is too slow and resource oppressive to their needs and main priorities.

This is another strong reason to favor Zerocash, because then the universal anonymity set doesn't require most users to be in it, and still be effective. This is a criticism of both Dash and Cryptonote.

Zerocash is more likely to be resource oppressive. But then it depends on the time scale in question. Technology improvements will likely continue to mitigate that over time.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 12:10:31 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 01:54:08 AM by TPTB_need_war

Zerocash is more likely to be resource oppressive. But then it depends on the time scale in question. Technology improvements will likely continue to mitigate that over time.

You seem to have missed my point which is that with Zerocash, the users who have an issue with resources required for strong anonymity can choose to not use anonymity because they don't need it. You don't have to force those resources on everyone. Whereas, with Cryptonote and Dash, everyone needs to participate in the mixes, because small anonymity sets are another vector of attack on the anonymity. In other words CN and Dash mixes are temporal and Zerocash mixes everything from the past and future in the same universal mix.

Those who need anonymity won't care about the very small resource requirements of Zerocash (they are now looking to be insignificantly different than RingCT ... I once saw 300ms where they failed to update an old estimate and now I see an update to 6ms in the FAQ and the zk-SNARKs paper).

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 12:25:41 AM

That attacks as to the centralization of masternodes are reminiscent of people harping on about possible attacks on PoS. Two (ish) years later no successful attacks have been documented. The attack methods, although they technically may be possible, are highly unlikely to ever occur.

You guys also ignore the centralization all PoW coins (which come into play here because the coins you are championing are PoW based) inherently succumb to when it comes to mining and pools.

It's nice you guys want to play crypto currency police, but I feel like it is up to each investor to do the research themselves. This is the internet, people will get scammed daily... it happens. If someone is stupid enough to invest in something without doing extensive research then that is their fault, and perhaps they will learn a good lesson from it that will save them more money in the future.

Cramming this information down people's throat looks like spam considering you guys are pushing a competing alternative cryptocurrency. There are plenty of other scam-like coins in existence, yet you guys focus most of your "policing" on a competing cryptocurrency. It looks more like propaganda considering the circumstances.
Thanks CoinHoarder.
This forum still have intelligent people.  Wink

FTFY

Oh rly?

CH was just shown to have not done his research before speaking.

Semantics.. not going to debate them.

Ignorance (i.e. not doing your homework) is semantics?

Uh no.. it stems from speaking before searching.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 12:27:07 AM

That attacks as to the centralization of masternodes are reminiscent of people harping on about possible attacks on PoS. Two (ish) years later no successful attacks have been documented. The attack methods, although they technically may be possible, are highly unlikely to ever occur.

You guys also ignore the centralization all PoW coins (which come into play here because the coins you are championing are PoW based) inherently succumb to when it comes to mining and pools.

It's nice you guys want to play crypto currency police, but I feel like it is up to each investor to do the research themselves. This is the internet, people will get scammed daily... it happens. If someone is stupid enough to invest in something without doing extensive research then that is their fault, and perhaps they will learn a good lesson from it that will save them more money in the future.

Cramming this information down people's throat looks like spam considering you guys are pushing a competing alternative cryptocurrency. There are plenty of other scam-like coins in existence, yet you guys focus most of your "policing" on a competing cryptocurrency. It looks more like propaganda considering the circumstances.
Thanks CoinHoarder.
This forum still have intelligent people.  Wink

FTFY

Oh rly?

CH was just shown to have not done his research before speaking.
Thank smoothie,
You show have shown to us that this forum also have has stupid people.

FTFY

Welcome.

I'm starting to guess that english isn't your first language?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:04:16 AM

Without the funny business that Dash had when it started i would vote for that because of the development that coin has and community behind it. But there was funny business and i don't like that. My vote is for Monero.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:26:51 AM

Thank smoothie,
You show have shown to us that this forum also have has stupid people.

I'm starting to guess that english isn't your first language?

You guess well, it's not even my second , it is the third or forth.
Thanks to correct me.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1172

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:56:39 AM

My vote goes to Dash, cause I have some dash in possession. I`m completly new in this alt coins (generaly I`m new with blockchain), and some weeks ago I started to experiment with trading (mostly on yobit and for some " funny" amount), well for dash there is some faucets, but for monero i couldnt find any. Maybe question is not for here, but how u guys earn this alt coins? 

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:57:13 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 02:08:10 AM by TPTB_need_war

Without the funny business that Dash had when it started i would vote for that because of the development that coin has and community behind it. But there was funny business and i don't like that. My vote is for Monero.

Not intended to be a criticism on any specific coin, but I think this "community" attribute (as measured here on this forum) is entirely useless unless you are just referring to the value as pump & dump speculation on this forum.

These communities of speculators here on this forum are not going to make any difference as to whether a coin gets widely adopted by currency users. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Why? Because speculators don't do anything nor have any impacts which have anything to do with user adoption of a currency.

Now developers could help. But I don't think developers are what most people mean by "community".

rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 02:07:08 AM

I vote none of the above.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:31:59 AM

So I like reading up both on Monero and Dash, and personally just like Monero better than Dash... but seriously, can we just stop it with these reoccurring threads that are the same exact topic over and over again? In all reality it's terrible for both sides of the spectrum, because it seems to piss of people that regularly check the altcoin section of the forum which are people who are the most likely to invest in either coin.

I say this is what should be done. Let the well known members of both coins give concise reasonings and explanations for their opinion on which is better. It would be beneficial to add links or images pinpointing what they are talking about, and other people can look into it later when they get the chance.  Then after a couple of days when everyone has had their piece about which one is better, the OP should then post up a "pro vs. con" chart for each coin and then let people decide for themselves, rather than bickering and name calling like 9 year old school girls.

This other opinion of mine could be up for debate... but I feel that once the above has been achieved, it should be stickied, with the notion that no other threads like this will come about ever, and the only threads that should be allowed to be in this section of the forum are the main speculation threads for both coins.  If any other threads are to be created, it should be deleted by the Mods... no exceptions.

So what do you guys think about this? I feel this would ease tensions between both parties, and allow for a more reasonable discussion on substance rather than name calling.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:53:06 AM

soon as i hear "community" i am out..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Days

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:14:59 AM

In terms of technology and innovation behind both coins you have to give it to Dashcoin, took me few days to read about the instamine with Dashcoin + the crippled thing with Monero both had issues but one worked harder and the other did a gambling website with bug fixing.

I don't like to choose between both, why can't we choose both as an investment?  Grin It is childish to create forum threads about a coin you are not interested in just to boost up the coin's you're holding in my opinion.

Dashcoin with instant transaction is like a dream coming from Bitcoin! and it actually works!  Shocked and I hope they compete in a sense we don't have a child fight in both coin's ANN threads and instead to better these coins to become something so amazing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: