Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:48:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62727 times)
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:50:32 AM

I think that to hold gold is certainly more difficult than hold bitcoin. Imagine if you invest a lot of money in gold. surely you'll buy a lot of gold bars. gold weighing mind how to save it?
and of course in the form of physical goods will be easy to steal I prefer to hold bitcoin

If you buy gold in huge amount, then you need to provide income proof, tax returns, source of income etc, and bitcoin doesn't care of all those things,So I will prefer bitcoin.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:02:17 AM

Storing gold would be a problem because it requires a lot more space and security measures to keep it safe than simply buying a Bitcoin hardware wallet that can contain all your Bitcoin holdings and fit in your back pocket. You can't do that with gold nor can you transport it to a new location without drawing a lot of attention to what you are doing. Gold's advantage is the stable price though but Bitcoin has a lot more potential in the long-run because Bitcoin's price can increase substantially more and bring in much higher ROI.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:10:58 AM

Invest in both if you can afford to, as investing in both is the smart thing to do as you can expect higher returns from either of two.

As said its better to invest into both. The reason why I suggest is if something goes wrong everything earned hard will be lost, but if you make equal investment in both you may not face a big loss.

I think the problem for most, would be the capital lol.

The capital to do both is just harder to obtain then most people think.. esp if you want to see the difference in your investments.

Gold requires higher capital in compare to bitcoin as you can always buy bitcoin even in small parts, its nota rule to buy full bitcoin, so investing in bitcoin is easy in compare to gold.
yeah if we use both to invest of course the issue is in total capital. if we split for both investment capital. then the profits will be divided into two. it depends on the amount of capital that you split. how the division right? maybe if you have a $ 100k would be better to use both but what about the small capital?
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:50:19 AM

One thing some of you don't seem to get is that an investment is usally on the long term: very few will get rich very soon with short term investments, which are by definition mere speculation.

Hold onto your gold and BTC.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:03:56 AM

i didn't ever store gold for investment although gold already exist long time before bitcoin but currently i think holding bitcoins will more profitable than gold because i don't understand for predict gold prices movement so it's too risky for my to investing gold

Investing in gold can give you benefits in long run, and I don't think that its risky to invest in it, but investing in bitcoin at present is the smart decision.

Gold is a perfect match with bitcoin. Both should be in any investors' portfolio. Gold for a  more secure investment while bitcoin is the ideal
risk investment.

Well yes i have both in my portfolio and are happy with both of their performance. It was a long term investment but right now i have already made a decent profit.
In time this will grow.

Gold always promises to give good profits to its users, only thing is that you need to wait for a long period to enjoy it, and I think its worth to wait for.

It depends on what kind of trader you are. If you like to have a moderate type of investment with relatively lower risks, then Gold can be a decent investment for you. But don't expect very high returns on Gold, even not if you hold it for a year or two.
Agree with you gold is good investment with low risks but gold price is slow when want goes up but when price want goes broke just need a day or less than week, i think bitcoin is good investment to trade because bitcoin price fluctuate.
Agree with you, for me the investment in gold is just to save my money while the investment in bicoin is a real investment for me to earn some good money, as with gold we will have to wait for years to earn only a profit which will be able to spend only at my one day expenditure.
NewInCryptoCurrency

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:50:16 PM

Holding Bitcoin is now better because that will be sin if you are spending your Bitcoins now because the value is not even that high now and that is the problem.
So it would be better if you are waiting a longer time and that you are going to sell your Bitcoin later in the future so you can have also more profit.
OrangeII

Activity: 2100
Merit: 503

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:21:16 PM

Holding Bitcoin is now better because that will be sin if you are spending your Bitcoins now because the value is not even that high now and that is the problem.
So it would be better if you are waiting a longer time and that you are going to sell your Bitcoin later in the future so you can have also more profit.
yaps, bitcoin is currently very well to hold. I think even better than gold. bitcoin can be profitable if on hold, perhaps in a few months we can already see the benefits generated by the bitcoin

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:42:27 PM

I think it's sambe but with gold you have low chanse to lose your money after all, bitcoin in this case a bit risky , need to understand that gold is stable one but with bitcoin you can get profit faster.
but with gold you cannot get great profit like in bitcoin. I think bitcoin and gold have their advantages and disadvantages of each
you can choose according to your criteria ? I myself love with something that instant profit of course I would choose bitcoin Cheesy
Boosterious

Activity: 308

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 12:46:20 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
i dont have idea to comparing how many people holding bitcoin and holding gold,its almost impossible to get stats of them.
maybe we need more than 5 years to have same user between bitcoin holders and gold holders.

Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 02:08:37 AM

Holding btc is the best because you can hide it. You can secure it in website .. But the gols need more space and need security system to secure you gold.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Karartma1
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:41:42 PM

As soon as mainstream media started to advertise btc as one of the most overperforming investments of the year we saw a huge dump. Coincidence?
Don't know but hold onto your coins ; and your gold if you have some.
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:54:49 PM

i didn't ever store gold for investment although gold already exist long time before bitcoin but currently i think holding bitcoins will more profitable than gold because i don't understand for predict gold prices movement so it's too risky for my to investing gold

Investing in gold can give you benefits in long run, and I don't think that its risky to invest in it, but investing in bitcoin at present is the smart decision.

Gold is a perfect match with bitcoin. Both should be in any investors' portfolio. Gold for a  more secure investment while bitcoin is the ideal
risk investment.
perfect if the two can co-exist and mutually beneficial yeah they let prices rise simultaneously and if slaah the price drops
perhaps others will be close to the price increase of one other investment
perhaps it would be better also if you have a lot of investment

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:59:22 PM

As soon as mainstream media started to advertise btc as one of the most overperforming investments of the year we saw a huge dump. Coincidence?

You mean a huge dump in gold? I do think its pure coincidence as people that invest in gold do it because it's somewhat of a safe haven for them while everything else goes down in value. Getting gold investors to pump money in Bitcoin is very difficult. They are too traditional for that.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:35:36 AM

You should hold both BTC and gold. 1/4 of your money goes to gold and 3/4 goes to BTC. In months, the bitcoin's price will shoot up. So you have a good plan already when to sell your BTC. If gold's price goes up, too in the future, then you can sell it as well. Even if gold's price goes down, you wouldn't lose a lot of money 'coz you already earned a lot from trading BTC. Smiley

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Sandroxa

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:57:32 PM

You mean a huge dump in gold? I do think its pure coincidence as people that invest in gold do it because it's somewhat of a safe haven for them while everything else goes down in value. Getting gold investors to pump money in Bitcoin is very difficult. They are too traditional for that.
It would be better if you are going to hold Bitcoin because as you can see now you see already that the price is rising slowly so that is quite nice and it is also rising.
So that would be perfect for the people who already has made an investment in the currency they have to wait now.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:48:24 PM

I think that to hold gold is certainly more difficult than hold bitcoin. Imagine if you invest a lot of money in gold. surely you'll buy a lot of gold bars. gold weighing mind how to save it?
and of course in the form of physical goods will be easy to steal I prefer to hold bitcoin
You are also right holding gld is much harder and difficult, it will require some space to store them in your home , and people will aware with it that how much you have gold and so there is a chance of stealing of it.
Karartma1
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:11:39 PM

yes, you are right about when you say that gold investors are too "old" in away to get to know the btc potential. In any case I was referring to the last btc drop after so many different articles regardin the price increase in the media.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:24:20 PM

Holding gold is definitely a way to hold onto a large amount of value, although you have to realize it will take up a large space and can be "stolen" if someone was to ever gain access to it physically. Assuming you have a safe, that is much harder.

Holding Bitcoin is more like holding an appreciating asset that is quite volatile, it will never really be good for storing a large amount of money in, but chances are it will make you some money in the long run.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:53:58 PM

Holding gold is definitely a way to hold onto a large amount of value, although you have to realize it will take up a large space and can be "stolen" if someone was to ever gain access to it physically. Assuming you have a safe, that is much harder.

Holding Bitcoin is more like holding an appreciating asset that is quite volatile, it will never really be good for storing a large amount of money in, but chances are it will make you some money in the long run.
You are talking about the bitcoin profitable with a long run, are you kidding me, the bitcoin is very profitable on short run because its not stable, with gold this is just the opposite and you have gold mostly for a long run.
Overall I think the bitcoin is pretty okay to have and gold too but if you do not have patience, just pick the bitcoin.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:04:32 PM

I honestly think holding bitcoin is better because you can make more profit with it if you do it on a right way.
I do not like to wait as a example for profit so that is also why bitcoin is better for me than gold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: