Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:50:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if BTC was Banned?  (Read 65808 times)
alucard23

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:02:03 AM

What do you guys think it would happen if all the governments in the world declared bitcoin to be illegal?
How do you think the community would react? What could be the possible solutions?
I think this would not stop people from using Bitcoin. The only thing people need for this is the internet, and governments would not be stupid to try to deprive people of it. In fact, perhaps the best thing the government could do would be not to talk about Bitcoin to people, otherwise people would realize that governments recognize Bitcoin as a currency.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:19:28 AM

What do you guys think it would happen if all the governments in the world declared bitcoin to be illegal?
How do you think the community would react? What could be the possible solutions?
I think this would not stop people from using Bitcoin. The only thing people need for this is the internet, and governments would not be stupid to try to deprive people of it. In fact, perhaps the best thing the government could do would be not to talk about Bitcoin to people, otherwise people would realize that governments recognize Bitcoin as a currency.
That still depends on how serious the government's action on banning bitcoins, if that will be a crime them I'm pretty sure we will not gonna use bitcoin ever. If time comes I just hope they will not be as harsh as that because bitcoin is only a payment system and it won't be use for illegal activities if the the users will not do it. Banning bitcoin is a bad decision for the government, they can regulate laws to prevent illegal transactions because in overall they are benefited with bitcoin if they can make people comply wih paying the right taxes from their earnings.

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 05:09:54 AM

If bitcoin completely gets banned in future then I think it will create an havoc in the minds of the people and will loose all their money and it will be very hard for those who have invested huge amount of money and it may even make them bankrupt and will become difficult for them to survive.
Nobody will instantly loose money if bitcoin is banned in a few countries, their bitcoins would still be in the address where they have them stored.
The more countries that ban bitcoin is when it would start taking a financial downturn.

It would not kill bitcoin though just send it deeper underground and still used by many to bypass sanitations.

wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

That will be the ultimate FUD, so many will just sell their coins and never return to any form of cryptocurrency, this will crash the price significantly, others will try to take advantage of the situation and will buy as much bitcoin as possible at bargain prices and hope that at some point the price of bitcoin is going to recover.
TechnoMusic

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:45:08 PM

How you mean bitcoin becomed illegall?? That is impossible because there are about 100 countries in the world so bitcoin cant become fully banned so it will always stay with us and it is too important coin to be just banned in second.
wowanstrong

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:23:59 PM

How you mean bitcoin becomed illegall?? That is impossible because there are about 100 countries in the world so bitcoin cant become fully banned so it will always stay with us and it is too important coin to be just banned in second.

One of the reasons why bitcoin can not be banned is the feature of the blockchain system. It simply can not be taken and banned. The government does not have such an opportunity.
So I'm not worried about it.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Thal

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:31:41 PM

Although, they could make it illegal, it would be nearly impossible to track people who continue to use Bitcoin and governments probably wouldn't be bothered to track who is using Bitcoin. They would have more things to care about. I would continue to use it anyway.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:05:39 AM

Although, they could make it illegal, it would be nearly impossible to track people who continue to use Bitcoin and governments probably wouldn't be bothered to track who is using Bitcoin. They would have more things to care about. I would continue to use it anyway.

Trust me, they will track some bitcoin users just to set an example to the mass. That's just how things work anyway. Weed gets illegal, people will still not stop smoking weed. Flash news, someone using weed goes to jail, everybody becomes low-key and cautious about smoking weed. Everybody gets frightened. Ever wonder why there's always crime in the news? That's so they can keep on reminding us not to do that crime, otherwise, we will go to jail.

Some bitcoin users don't know what they are doing. They cannot cover their tracks. Thus, if someone would want to track them, it'll be easy. So even though you feel safe and mighty behind all those VPN, you will still be frightened if you see a fellow bitcoin user in the news for getting arrested for using bitcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

ipungadhi

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:26:09 AM

If bitcoin completely gets banned in future then I think it will create an havoc in the minds of the people and will loose all their money and it will be very hard for those who have invested huge amount of money and it may even make them bankrupt and will become difficult for them to survive.
ban will not make bitcoin die but the prohibition of government. will surely make users difficult to believe in bitcoin especially those who will adopt bitcoin will definitely be a little hesitant because of this ban?

majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:01:34 AM

ban will not make bitcoin die but the prohibition of government. will surely make users difficult to believe in bitcoin especially those who will adopt bitcoin will definitely be a little hesitant because of this ban?
If bitcoin is banned by the government, the prices will be much higher than ever because it is an illegal thing. As you can see, drugs, cannabis are very expensive although they can easily found everywhere. Maybe the prohibition will affect Bitcoin in a good wat
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:03:21 AM

You bet, of course all the bitcoin users around the world won't let such thing happen, we will shout out our opinions about this and we won't stop until bitcoin is going to be unbanned, which is I'm very sure that is going to happen if this thing will really happen in the near future. Because all the hard works, efforts, time that we spent in earning bitcoin would just be a waste if the Government will banned it for their own reason.

So, if we can do anything about it, for the success of bitcoin, then this thing won't be a problem in the near future, we will support bitcoin no matter what.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:28:15 AM

You bet, of course all the bitcoin users around the world won't let such thing happen, we will shout out our opinions about this and we won't stop until bitcoin is going to be unbanned, which is I'm very sure that is going to happen if this thing will really happen in the near future. Because all the hard works, efforts, time that we spent in earning bitcoin would just be a waste if the Government will banned it for their own reason.

So, if we can do anything about it, for the success of bitcoin, then this thing won't be a problem in the near future, we will support bitcoin no matter what.
We will support Bitcoin, But once the governament take the decision, we can't oppose their decision. It will become a national issue. And the governament wll give a valid reason why they banned Bitcoin. In that time we can't do anything. Because the Bitcoin users are very less in all countries. In this situation, the govt will not care for our appeal.
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:35:02 AM

We will support Bitcoin, But once the governament take the decision, we can't oppose their decision. It will become a national issue. And the governament wll give a valid reason why they banned Bitcoin. In that time we can't do anything. Because the Bitcoin users are very less in all countries. In this situation, the govt will not care for our appeal.

That could happen. Seeing the amount it have it might be possible that they are already doing some steps into how they could control it.
This current events that happened we dont even know if they are the mastermind for the reason of putting it down.
Since the issue of bitcoin levelling the price of gold, attacks came, seems like they are now monitoring it.
But that is just my speculation.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:36:25 AM

That will be disastrous and bitcoin could not longer be useful to any citizens if the government banned bitcoin in almost all country in the world. But bitcoin will continue to exist and it will be only continue to be used in the black market as a medium of exchange between illegal traders and syndicates. But this thing could not happen since we all witness how Singapore, Japan, Indonesia and the Philippines are moving towards the adoption of bitcoin as a form of financial payment in their political jurisdiction.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:45:35 AM

That's the reality. Even if we gather and request them about all our earnings are good busted too, none is gonna give importance  because everything is decentralized and governments easily indicate the same and informs to leave and start using only the trading currency system.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:07:41 AM

I think that will not happen, because there are too many people interested in BTC
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:33:22 AM

I think that will not happen, because there are too many people interested in BTC
Banning bitcoin is possible because it is all up to the government of a certain country,
if they want to ban bitcoin because they see something wrong with it then it will very easy for them to ban bitcoin from their country just what like other countries do.
OrangeII

Activity: 2114
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:47:52 AM

if BTC has happened banned by the government, I think, is still very much a way to use it. perhaps by replacing ip, you can re-use bitcoin, as long as it does not become illegal. but, maybe it would have a negative effect for most users bitcoin.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

yuiyuga

Activity: 262

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:05:20 AM

if BTC has happened banned by the government, I think, is still very much a way to use it. perhaps by replacing ip, you can re-use bitcoin, as long as it does not become illegal. but, maybe it would have a negative effect for most users bitcoin.

Yes, I agree with you - it will have a negative impact on bitcoin. There will be users, but there will be very few of them. People love when to use easily
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:03:51 PM

It would form a niche community and probably be worth less, but it would still have a grat function and role to play.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: