Poll
Question: When to hit $10,000?
Jan 2016 - 3 (1.3%)
Feb 2016 - 1 (0.4%)
Mar 2016 - 3 (1.3%)
April 2016 - 11 (4.8%)
Longer than this - 210 (92.1%)
Total Voters: 228

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When to hit $10,000?  (Read 28156 times)
Jackling

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:45:05 PM

lol at the 'it will never happen' crowd. One word: gold

Gold is different and is around for a few K years, so in that aspect I can't really see it as good comparison. That's why I can agree with some people that say that $10,000 is looking beyond insane at this point. We only don't know how things look after 10-20 years. Chances are low, but definitely not impossible.
If it is hitting that high value than there will be a lot of people that is getting rich and that is because they have made an investment and their dreams come true, but you never know what will happen.
The chance is now low that it is possible because it keeps stable for a long time and that is quite bad for the most people who already have Bitcoin.

Stability in the price isn't bad at all for Bitcoin holders as Bitcoin functions also as store of wealth. It allows people to store money outside the banking system. And it gives people a great feeling if the value remains the same instead of jumping around from one price level to the other.

One reason I like bitcoin is that I do not rely on a bank to store the money and transfer the money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:47:01 PM

Gold is different and is around for a few K years, so in that aspect I can't really see it as good comparison. That's why I can agree with some people that say that $10,000 is looking beyond insane at this point. We only don't know how things look after 10-20 years. Chances are low, but definitely not impossible.
If it is hitting that high value than there will be a lot of people that is getting rich and that is because they have made an investment and their dreams come true, but you never know what will happen.
The chance is now low that it is possible because it keeps stable for a long time and that is quite bad for the most people who already have Bitcoin.

Stability in the price isn't bad at all for Bitcoin holders as Bitcoin functions also as store of wealth. It allows people to store money outside the banking system. And it gives people a great feeling if the value remains the same instead of jumping around from one price level to the other.

One reason I like bitcoin is that I do not rely on a bank to store the money and transfer the money.

That will the reason for all, I would say it is better if it is stable at the current price and doesn't moves a lot.The price in OP is just not realistic and cannot be achieved with this popularity rates.,more than 80% of the people voted longer
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:52:17 PM

That will the reason for all, I would say it is better if it is stable at the current price and doesn't moves a lot.The price in OP is just not realistic and cannot be achieved with this popularity rates.,more than 80% of the people voted longer
There is no way that $10k can be remotely touched within a few years, it will take either massive manipulation or a lot of people flocking to Bitcoin with news in Bitcoin's favor, such as a complete economic collapse, which is already unlikely.
Mulsters

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:42:18 AM

There is no way that $10k can be remotely touched within a few years, it will take either massive manipulation or a lot of people flocking to Bitcoin with news in Bitcoin's favor, such as a complete economic collapse, which is already unlikely.

The bitcoin price depends on the adoption of it in general usage. If the user of bitcoin increase 10 times, the price will be 100 times higher.
rektDude

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:16:24 AM

i think it may take a bit longer to reach the 10k in 2016.
that's to much in a year will it never happen.
Altcoinsupporter

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:40:58 AM

The bitcoin price depends on the adoption of it in general usage. If the user of bitcoin increase 10 times, the price will be 100 times higher.
That will only reach the value if it keeping rising and that is not happening now so that must change also there will be a lot of people that is stopping using Bitcoin.
And that is because they want to make profit with it fast and that is not possible now but the halving is also coming.

But it can takes a long time until it will reach the $10,000
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:08:06 AM

That will only reach the value if it keeping rising and that is not happening now so that must change also there will be a lot of people that is stopping using Bitcoin.
And that is because they want to make profit with it fast and that is not possible now but the halving is also coming.

$10k is difficult to achieve but not impossible, I feel may be it can achieve it in next 10 years as its taking  too long to reach $1k so I think we need to wait longer.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 01:45:50 PM

Your vote thanks  Grin
More than 10 Years atleast it will require for reaching that level.
It is going to take quiet some time before the Bitcoin price has reached $10,000. We are not even close to the thousands yet so I afraid to say when it is actually happening because I do not know.

Altcoinsupporter

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:11:44 PM

Nobody will now what is going to happen with the Bitcoin and that is because there are also a lot of people that is getting greedy so they get mad if they cant make money.
And that is bad because before you started to use Bitcoin you must have to know that it can takes a really long time until it will reach that high value.

Patience is the most important role in Bitcoin and that must everyone know.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:39:13 PM

Can we get the exact formula, please?

this space is intentionally left blank
AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:08:05 PM

We will never hit 10k.
Bitcoin is not made to hit 10k or even 100k.

It's made for transactions and yes having a rise in the value is good, but not mandatory for bitcoin to succeed.

In coming few years I don't think that we'll reach 1000$, which means to reach 1000$ itself it may take some more years. So counting in such manner it may take some 30-40years to reach 10000$.....

Are both of you having a party? How many bottles of rum did you guy's consumed?

Yeah, that must be dirty rum. I am amazed as well about how they do not understand anything about the possibilities of Bitcoin and bitcoin at all.
This is a great post OP btw! I can finally ignore all noise accounts with ease! I just need to check for 2 keywords together in a reply: '10.000' +'never' =auto ignore :-D

Anyone who thinks 10.000$/BTC is unattainable, or it needs decades - hello, ever heard of exponentially growing network effect?? -, just have no clue about the economics of the world or suck at mathematics (real bad!!), or both. 10.000$/BTC equals at the max. of 21 million coins as 210 billion dollars of market capitalization. Gold is a 7,5+ trillion dollar market today and it is basically useless in everyday economic activity, unlike bitcoin. Heck, a middle sized trust fund is bigger than 210 billion $.

All "skeptics" should check this out: http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/
It is an awesome and shocking graph about how small bitcoin is (like a small town's yearly budget).

Also:

Now tell us how bitcoin can't get above 1000$.
Adrorecia

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:57:02 PM

I don't think he wil reach that big amount any time. Because it's to much for just one coin.But
if he reach the 1000 i think there are allot of people who are very happy.
zalucia

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 07:51:27 PM

The bitcoin price could hit $10,000 in 5 to 10 years. If the user number increase 5 times, the price will increase 25 times.

Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 04:37:15 AM

It will never hit 10,000. Atleast not any time sooner.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:11:55 AM

The bitcoin price could hit $10,000 in 5 to 10 years. If the user number increase 5 times, the price will increase 25 times.

Not at all. The price and bitcoin use profile have dependence but it won't make big changes as you have quoted. The price increase will be little more with a much stabilized nature than what it is now.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:28:29 AM

Your vote thanks  Grin
It is going to take quiet some time before the Bitcoin price has reached $10,000. We are not even close to the thousands yet so I afraid to say when it is actually happening because I do not know.
Yeah lets first hit something like $1000 before we are going to start talking about big amounts of money like $10,000. It is impossible to predict when that is going to happen.
The difference is just way to big and so much can happen in the mean time.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:35:43 AM

Your vote thanks  Grin
Yeah lets first hit something like $1000 before we are going to start talking about big amounts of money like $10,000. It is impossible to predict when that is going to happen.

I highly doubt we will hit above the 800 dollar this coming years. But getting to 10k is close to impossible. That's for sure. Although seeing bitcoin closer to 500 dollar then a year a ago is quite a achievement.

Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:34:13 PM

Your vote thanks  Grin

I highly doubt we will hit above the 800 dollar this coming years. But getting to 10k is close to impossible. That's for sure. Although seeing bitcoin closer to 500 dollar then a year a ago is quite a achievement.

Yeah its taking too long to achieve $500 mark so its impossible that it will achieve the landmark of $10k in coming years, if bitcoin survives for a long time then I think it will reach there after 15 years.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 02:06:07 PM

Your vote thanks  Grin

Well if you think about that $500 hit it has quite great possibility to hit around $1000 in very quickly. 10k is nearly impossible im sure but hitting $1500s is not to me, in a year or two.
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:06:15 PM

It will takes a really long time until the value will reach that high value and that is because it is rising slowly so that is also not the best thing that can happen.
We have to stay realistic and that is the best thing otherwise it will be sin if we are going to dream.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: