Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:16:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can not replace fiat  (Read 163768 times)
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:32:22 PM

I agree too, bitcoin can never replace fiat. Isn't bitcoin based on the actual
value of real money, virtual currency is purely a representation on what's it worth in real
tangible currency. Governments will never allow it, although bitcoin's potential and capabilities
are enormous and promising, it's innovating and it's undeniably changing people and markets everywhere.
But currently it is an unpractical notion to accept the whole idea of using it to replace the ongoing fiat we are
currently all accustomed to. Bitcoin is still unstable and relentlessly fluctuating, it's not a very good attribute to consider.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:10:49 PM

Yes, got you intrigued, didn't it?

Bitcoin is a very good thing to have as an asset. Just like gold. Even better if I may say. It's secure, and unlike fiat money it actually exists and work is put into it to produce it. This makes it great to store value.
However, it cannot and will not replace current fiat money that the entire world it using. It just cannot.
Take paying a cup of coffee for example. To pay your coffee with bitcoins, one must get bitcoins first, either by mining or buying bitcoins with other kinds of money (*cough*fiat*cough). It ends up being a quite complicated process, don't you think?
Until we reach the point where paying for a cup of coffee is as easy with Bitcoin as it is with cash, we will never get mass adoption. And as far as I see it, there is no way of simplifying the acquiring of bitcoins.
I totally agreed to you. It is impossible for bitcoin to replace fiat. Bitcoin cannot be a national currency because not all the people in the world has an idea about bitcoin or how to use it especially the poor people. There are many things to consider before becoming a national currency and bitcoin does not have some of that.
The government will solve this problem if they accept Bitcoin is legal and want to use it as the primary currency. But first of al, use Bitcoin as the primary currency is useless for the government. They don't have any benefit and must to share their power to others. Bitcoin is a decentralized network, so, they don't have all permission to manage Bitcoin.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:22:30 PM

At present, it's impossible due to practical reason. In the future, may be.
But what a lot of people don't understand, is that bitcoin - as philosophy - is AGAINST governments and banks, so I?m pretty sure that will be a bloody war in the next months. We'll see.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
jayes

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:56:21 PM

Bitcoin is a very good thing to have as an asset. Just like gold. Even better if I may say. It's secure, and unlike fiat money it actually exists and work is put into it to produce it. This makes it great to store value.
However, it cannot and will not replace current fiat money that the entire world it using. It just cannot.
Take paying a cup of coffee for example. To pay your coffee with bitcoins, one must get bitcoins first, either by mining or buying bitcoins with other kinds of money (*cough*fiat*cough). It ends up being a quite complicated process, don't you think?
Until we reach the point where paying for a cup of coffee is as easy with Bitcoin as it is with cash, we will never get mass adoption. And as far as I see it, there is no way of simplifying the acquiring of bitcoins.

Bitcoin cannot replace fiat. fiat money always need the people for small transaction, like paying in a fare in jeep transportation and small sarisari store. And some people can use bitcoin because they cant afford to buy a cellphone or even cellphone load. Also fiat has a symbol of every nation.
werpak321

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:51:16 AM

Yes bitcoin does not ever replace flat it's a different kind of electronic currency that why
rowel21

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:19:07 AM

We just need to spread that bitcoin is a kind of currency  no  need to change the fiat money with bitcoin I don't see the future without the fiat money
How can beggar's beg for money
The Carolers  and those poor seller of fish and veg in the market how they don't even knew this thing we called crypto currency 

>        https://MFCHAIN.com        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM

Code:
>        https://MFCHAIN.com        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
randyboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:49:57 AM

Yes bitcoin cannot replace fiat in first place fiat is using for any country and it will have value when you change it in any country it is small amount or not and people longer use fiat and bitcoin cannot replace it easily we know that bitcoin is a new digital currency in market and fiat is a longterm money that cannot use internet and use for offline payments we know that bitcoin is now can take easily payments but fiat is use for everything that use for all payments so there is no possibility that fiat replace by bitcoin.
bechay20

Activity: 114

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:53:38 AM

I think bitcoin  cannot replace fiat or its hard to happen because bitcoin is a digital currency and we cannot use it as instant like fiat money,how can bitcoin replace fiat money if there people cannot afford to buy gadgets to use?.In that case how they can provide their needs in everyday.Bitcoin is good because it is big help to us but cannot replace fiat money.
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:02:41 AM

You are right, Bitcoin wont replace fiat currency. Considering the transaction fees of Bitcoin, it is hard to replace fiat currency. Also, what if the store or establishment doenst use bitcoin or internet, how can we pay in bitcoin. Fiat money is easy to use and to handle. It doesnt need anything to do transaction. It is as easy as putting it inside your pocket. Even the existence of cyrptocurrency, fiat money will still exist.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:13:46 AM

There is no way that bitcoin could replace fiat currency. Fiat currency has been existing for thousand of years and it is basically the mode of payment in all transactions in the world. Bitcoin is a good cryptocurrency but it has several limitations specifically the transaction fees and need high speed internet to fastly transact your payments. Fiat money can not be replaced even the existence of cryptocurrency.

MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:18:43 AM

We know that there are a few people especially those who believed and accuse btc as evil and they are the people who will still use the fiat. But btc will dominate fiat in the future even if they coexist.
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:32:46 AM

I do agree with you, for now it would be so hard to really impose bitcoin as a legal tender to replace fiat currency. Products sold at any grocery would be so expensive given that the owner had to pay for the internet cost needed to do the transaction. So for now its just a dream yet to given life but who knows in the future.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:59:39 AM

Yes they cannot replace fiat because they are not stable that is the first thing why and the second thing is it cannot be controlled by the government and tgat is also a huge factor that is why we cannot use them in replacement of fiat. They cannot add taxes in that thing and without taxes there will be no salaries that will be given to those government employees and that is gonna be the end of the government. And no one will guide us will lead us. All of us will gonna be independent doing what we just wanted.
Konyox

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:30:39 AM

Yes of course bitcoin can never ever replace fiat currency.Because tho bitcoin is well developed it is still depending on american dollar fiat currency.It cannot stand alone.And besides bitcoin is just manage by rich peoples not by government.
Toukexx99

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:45:25 AM

Maybe can on the future because Fiat money is a legal currency whose value is derived from government regulation or law but is not supported by physical commodities. Cryptocurrency is a digital currency technology whose value is determined by the power of buy and sell from users of this technology. It is clear that Cryptocurrency has a similarity to the workings of fiat money. Some countries are also beginning to introduce Cryptocurrency as a new currency in digital form that is supported by the government.
Viscore

Activity: 3052
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:10:55 AM

Yes of course bitcoin can never ever replace fiat currency.Because tho bitcoin is well developed it is still depending on american dollar fiat currency.It cannot stand alone.And besides bitcoin is just manage by rich peoples not by government.
Bitcoin is not regulated and it was not created based on the law, legal currency from the word legal is different and it's well back by the government.
They created fiat and therefore they will value it more than bitcoin but if this two will be useful, they should continue to exist and bitcoin will be a revolutionary technology.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:50:45 AM

Bitcoin will not be able to replace fiat money since not everyone has btc. With fiat money transactions in small traders will be easy but if using btc maybe my parents can not do it. Because btc involves technology and the internet not everyone can use it.
cepedacharles29

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:54:37 AM

Bitcoin cannot replace fiat but government will come up a different inorder to replace the fiat currency. Now a days we are seeing many people are using their payments through digital transactions mostly. So they will come up with a different currency
usam_coiner

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:45:56 AM

Bitcoin cannot replace fiat but government will come up a different inorder to replace the fiat currency. Now a days we are seeing many people are using their payments through digital transactions mostly. So they will come up with a different currency
you are saying this because you are not completely known to the popularity of bitcoin, people are rushing toward this currency because they know that this will take over the money in their pockets and its true in all senses,
Konco126

Activity: 295
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:51:40 AM

I think it's true that bitcoin will not replace fiat. Because bitcoin is just digital money and many countries ignore it and even ban it. This is bitcoin, we can not buy anything directly using bitcoin at the moment. We need to sell it first to the local currency of the country to be used as a transaction tool.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: