Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:17:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis and list of top big blocks shills (XT #REKT ignorers)  (Read 46559 times)
CuntChocula

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:26:36 PM

This toxic community doesn't *want* it. Take your wooden pony & go home.
Then saying that the community is dumb would be a huge understatement. Bitcoin will never be able to scale to a global level without technologies such as LN.

The trick is not to give people what they do not want, just because you think it's for their own good.
Begging gubermint analogy.

>They have only 1 developer on the payroll working on it IIRC.
Other core devs on their payroll, like Wuille and Maxwell. One's enough tho. Hard to ignore the potential for conflict of interests.
1 developer working on LN. Mentioning Wuille and Maxwell is a straw man argument. Since you've mentioned 'conflict of interest': The Toomin brothers are working hard to make consider.it the main platform (decision wise) for Bitcoin. There's no conflict of interest there obviously.  Roll Eyes

Blockstream is funding SegWit. Blockstream employs top core apparatchiks, who are championing SegWit. Blockstream employs a SegWit dev. What more do you want?

And don't misunderstand me, not pushing the Toomin bros, just saying that a fox guarding your chickens is a bad idea, not that you should hire a weasel to do the job.
A fundamental problem: you gotta trust somebody. One that Bitcoin hasn't quite solved Sad
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:30:23 PM

A fundamental problem: you gotta trust somebody. One that Bitcoin hasn't quite solved Sad

You WE trust the fucking code you dummy.
CuntChocula

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:35:53 PM

That ain't enough, clearly. Otherwise we wouldn't be chatting & BTC price wouldn't be where it is Sad
P.S. I'm sorry your trusting nature got you into this predicament, SFYL.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:39:07 PM

>They have only 1 developer on the payroll working on it IIRC.
Other core devs on their payroll, like Wuille and Maxwell. One's enough tho. Hard to ignore the potential for conflict of interests.
1 developer working on LN. Mentioning Wuille and Maxwell is a straw man argument. Since you've mentioned 'conflict of interest': The Toomin brothers are working hard to make consider.it the main platform (decision wise) for Bitcoin. There's no conflict of interest there obviously.  Roll Eyes

Please explain how that particular setup becomes a pressing conflict of interest issue. Who gets money from whom? What is implemented into the Bitcoin code due to this voting solution rather than any other voting solution?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 09:54:43 PM

Please explain how that particular setup becomes a pressing conflict of interest issue. Who gets money from whom? What is implemented into the Bitcoin code due to this voting solution rather than any other voting solution?
The more popular Consider.it becomes the more valuable it becomes? Centralized voting systems are useless anyhow and vulnerable (as recently demonstrated by a Sybil attack).

Just ignore the 'Blockstream is evil' shill. I gave up already.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:59:57 PM

Blockstream is evil

I don't think that's fair. Just because someone sells their soul doesn't necessarily make them evil.

(Does it Fatty?)

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 10:01:01 PM

This toxic community doesn't *want* it. Take your wooden pony & go home.
Then saying that the community is dumb would be a huge understatement. Bitcoin will never be able to scale to a global level without technologies such as LN.

Bitcoin will eventually need some form of L2 meta chain. Your mistake is to believe that LN, as it currently stands, will be that solution. Unless Rusty can address some of the fundamental flaws inherent in its design, it should self-immolate in the near future to allow a fresh approach to be taken.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 10:13:07 PM

The [bitcoin core] roadmap is based on assumptions about economics, group psychology, ethics, and many other things which we have no reason to believe Core developers have any special skill in

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
CuntChocula

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:14:46 PM

Just ignore the 'Blockstream is evil' shill. I gave up already.

Who am I shilling for? (Unless you're simply trying to be rude, in which case disregard)
Have explicitly stated that
... not pushing the Toomin bros, just saying that a fox guarding your chickens is a bad idea, not that you should hire a weasel to do the job.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 10:30:02 PM

Bitcoin will eventually need some form of L2 meta chain. Your mistake is to believe that LN, as it currently stands, will be that solution. Unless Rusty can address some of the fundamental flaws inherent in its design, it should self-immolate in the near future to allow a fresh approach to be taken.
You can't go around talking about 'fundamental flaws' without listing any of them if you want someone to take you seriously. I've encountered nothing about any flaws yet. May you list them? It's highly likely that they're a result of misinformation but let's see.

The [bitcoin core] roadmap is based on assumptions about economics, group psychology, ethics, and many other things which we have no reason to believe Core developers have any special skill in
Where did this quote come from? I see nothing but nonsense.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 10:37:21 PM

You can't go around talking about 'fundamental flaws' without listing any of them if you want someone to take you seriously. I've encountered nothing about any flaws yet. May you list them? It's highly likely that they're a result of misinformation but let's see.

try this

From here

hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:41:27 PM

The [classitards] roadmap is based on assumptions about economics, group psychology, ethics, and many other things which we have no reason to believe classic developers (if any?? Sad)have any special skill in

FTFY
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:49:46 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 11:26:19 PM by Fatman3001

The more popular Consider.it becomes the more valuable it becomes?

So nobody gets money from anyone and no code is added exclusively due to this solution. But it becomes more valuable because it gets more exposure.

Wouldn't anything the Toomim bros do get more exposure if they become lead devs?

Centralized voting systems are useless anyhow and vulnerable (as recently demonstrated by a Sybil attack).

I would have preferred a decentralized solution where people were uniquely identifiable. But that doesn't have much to do with conflict of interest.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:55:21 PM

Shill activity intensifies, these are the major topics:

Classic vaporware - There is no alternative qualified team other than Core.

Hardfork to crash economy - The proposed block size increase hard fork is dangerous for many reasons. Large blocks will be spammed and full from the start.

Hardfork freeze coins - No matter the fork, the weak chain will be destroyed. This means the weak chain coins will become frozen, speculation will be impossible.

Hardfork cause loss of funds - If user pays during a hard fork, the payment can be reorganized and lead to the loss of funds.

Classic cannot VISA Scale - There is no proposal to reach 1000 transactions per second. Currently Bitcoin process 4 tps, Classic offers 8 tps.

Spam and 1MB cap are temporary - Because the "stress test" never ends, so will the blocks be forever full. Spam cannot be detected because wallets are anonymous.

0-confirmations are unsafe - 1% of blocks become orphaned, in this situation even 1-confirmed transaction can be reversed.

All miners mine 1MB now - There is no miner who has the balls to disrespect the Satoshi Nakamoto 1MB rule and mine a large block.

1MB +fee fast confirmation - With proper fees, transactions get confirmed without any delay
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:22:36 PM

If by "qualified" you mean "on Blockstream's tip" Smiley
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:33:13 PM

If by "qualified" you mean "on Blockstream's tip" Smiley

You seem to be suggesting this represents some sort of conflict of interest for Blockstream. Care to elaborate?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:39:30 PM

^^

Perfect! Cheesy
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 11:51:30 PM

if you don't like it... fork.

I never thought I'd see the day that fork became the battle cry for liberty.

Undecided

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 12:28:21 AM

I absolutely second that. What fundamental flaws?

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 12:37:52 AM

Blockstream is evil

I don't think that's fair. Just because someone sells their soul doesn't necessarily make them evil.

Blockstream isn't selling its soul to PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Rather, it is PwC that is selling its soul to the blockchain.  It's their Come To Jesus moment, wherein they seek forgiveness and redemption.

PwC knows which way the wind is blowing; it's blowing in the direction of davout's famous maxim.

The true value that Bitcoin brings to the table is not "everyone gets to write into the holy ledger", it is instead "everyone gets to benefit from sane and non-inflationary financial instutions whose sanity and honesty are ensured by the holy blockchain".  -davout

And here you are, trying to spin the new era of sane/transparent/honest Big Four accounting as some sort of deal with the devil.

Are you mad Bitcoin is being used (as Satoshi intended) for heavy lifting, instead of yet another trivial retail payment rail disruption?   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: