Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:55:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis and list of top big blocks shills (XT #REKT ignorers)  (Read 46559 times)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:01:20 AM

Dear huge block shills, stop talking and FORK OFF!

As posted upthread, I did. Yet still on what you perceive as 'your' blockchain.

Fuck you very much.

Ain't a damned thing you can do about it.

*tee hee* (he muttered, sarcastically) <- picture that in a 'poodle bites' sidebar voice

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 08:10:03 AM

It does seem like Bitcoin Classic has some decent support ATM (ACK on Github). Although should we be discussing it here?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:14:11 AM

Well, let's then test whether that is true. You obviously have a lot of spare time (or is it work time?), given your posts on this forum, so certainly you have time to increase your "true knowledge" regarding "political philosophy" by researching the information from other researchers who also have "a thirst for true knowledge". So let's start with these two:

Mark Passio Interviews Larken Rose - The Religion of Statism  (a very short video)

All right -- I gotta stop you right there.

I have had direct, face-2-face convos with Larken dating back to the last millennium. Yes, he (intermittently) uses Bitcoin. But what exactly are you trying to convey here, that has anything whatsoever about the discussion at hand?

Tell me how this particular interview with Larken has anything to do with the 'death of bitcoin due to starvation' vs. 'death to bitcoin due to centralization' debate.

Or are you just trying to steal some unearned 'my lib is better than your lib' cred?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Bergmann_Christoph

Activity: 409
Merit: 286

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 08:20:37 AM

@Lauda

I appreciate we establish a civlized, intelligent conversation about arguments, not insult, in a thread that was made to insult.

While we do it, someone let the hooligans out which yell from the sideline Smiley

I don't care about such kind of childish hatefull chorus, but I have a hard time to understand why you and your co-moderators tolerate that these people rampage your forum and damage the reputation of knowledged small blockers like you and the core developers.

I was really really shocked that this quote from brg444 was not deleted:
Quote from: brg444
The leaders of this governance coup are now nowhere to be seen, Mike Hearn having revealed themselves as the villain he always was is now gone working full time for the bankers he had probably always been in cahoots with. Gavin Andresen has taken residency over at a forum populated by notorious scammer cypherdoc and dangerous, sociopath, charlatan Peter R. After previously advocating for what was deemed a "safe" immediate increase to 20MB, he is now figuratively begging on his knees for 2MB "compromise" only for the sake of forcing a contentious hard fork on Bitcoin in order to undermine the trust of investors in what projects to be the most important year for Bitcoin yet.
I moderate myself a small bitcoin forum in germany, and I was told so often that I'm too soft against trolls. But I'd never ever allow some nobody with too much time to hooligan social media and to insult and polemize people which, if you like them or not, have done a lot for bitcoin and have brought out interesting research.
Ooooohhh, so shocking that no censorship is applied to free speech but discernment of dishonest shills is.

Please learn to know the difference between "free speach" and "defamation". In most countries the rule of thumb is that free speach is allowed but defamation of persons is not.

This PC mentality you espouse is what every single authoritarian control system requires to get anywhere at all. It's very interesting how you are substituting "hooligan" for "Nazi", but that's what your German unconscious mind is thinking, isn't it?

Maybe. I already described the mentality of some proponents of team small block (which should not speak for small blockers in general):
Funnily I never found them really discussing reasons about the problems with an increase of the blocklimits (I know that those problems exist, but I'd like to discuss them). Sometimes they answer questions, but if you discuss it, they leave. Usually their habbit is not to discuss, but to start personal attacks, insults, doxxings, character assasination. Their mindset seems to be best characterized by a slavish submissive to authority and hate for everyone whose worldview expands their very narrow perspective on bitcoin and everything else.

if you like, you can describe such a person as a nazi. We use the term "Nazi" for persons with that mindset in private, but in public I think "Nazi" is too political and most people think Nazis are ugly fanatics with a nefarious plan that suck people into it. This is not the case here. It appears as the small block militia is mainly driven by lust for hate, incapability to discuss rational, unwillingness to accept everything beside their own narrow worldview, endless believe in authority and hate to everyone who doesn't respect their authority.

Just for the fun of it and to keep it short, I'll say this one time: Almost everything you have been told about WWII is a lie.

Ups. I didn't know. Thank you bro'

I think you, as with many Germans today, have been indoctrinated into always trying to be so over-the-top "nice" ("tolerant") to people that you are easily taken for a ride by anyone pretending to be nice.

You are really grabbing everything that helps you to circumvent arguments.

It may be that germans are to worried about what the world thinks about them. But if I watch the opposite of some current german "Gutmenschentum", I see more or less only dumbness, prejudices, ill-lead conspiracy theories, obscurism, hate, toxicity and narrow minds.

I ask myself if you are also part of the french Nazi Gang that was exposed here yesterday? Maybe you can explain why french Nazis are attracted to small blocks while being unable to talk with arguments? Or better - why are french nazis attracted by cryptocurrencies at all?

--
Mein Buch: Bitcoin-Buch.org
Bester Bitcoin-Marktplatz in der Eurozone: Bitcoin.de
Bestes Bitcoin-Blog im deutschsprachigen Raum: bitcoinblog.de

Tips dafür, dass ich den Blocksize-Thread mit Niveau und Unterhaltung fülle und Fehlinformationen bekämpfe:
Bitcoin: 1BesenPtt5g9YQYLqYZrGcsT3YxvDfH239
Ethereum: XE14EB5SRHKPBQD7L3JLRXJSZEII55P1E8C
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:23:42 AM

The only way to truly determine whether big blocks or reduced utility will kill bitcoin is to run the damned experiment.

But because bitcoin is the only meaningful cryptocurrency with enough serious traffic, you can only run the test on bitcoin live traffic...

yes...

which means you have to reach consensus first.

..aaaaand NO. Consensus is an emergent property of the system.

blah blah blah (paraphrased) [sorry - we're just talking past each other - ed]

Nope. As previously stated. Imma run 2 MiB. Try to stop me, mofo*. *ppttthhhbbbllttt!*

*no animosity expressed or implied XD

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:27:01 AM

The 1MB camp has already won do what you want.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Bergmann_Christoph

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 08:31:19 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 08:43:03 AM by Bergmann_Christoph

I hope that they get 75% miner support right away so that I can watch their miners saying, "Oh shit, we just mined a ton of worthless altcoins!".

Why are you so sure it will be an altcoin? If 70% of the miners mine the new chain, they have the power to defrag the old chain without risk, like it happened so often with altcoins, and they also have an economic incentive to do so. No sane investor would buy the old coins, no miner would mine it, no merchant would accept it, no exchange would hold it, cause they are the most vulnerable altcoin on earth, just living on bless of the miner's of the new bitcoin.

If the fork happens like described by classic / xt, it will play out very soon. People that try to double spent between the chains will loose their coins, people who kept their coins unspent on the old chain can simple take them to the new chain.

--

Tips dafür, dass ich den Blocksize-Thread mit Niveau und Unterhaltung fülle und Fehlinformationen bekämpfe:
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:34:08 AM

Which is the more authoritarian attitude in your mind?

a) Unilaterally changing network parameters is a threat to the network and should be derided / ridiculed / dismissed / etc.

or

b) Any user can unilaterally change any network parameters as they wish because it's an open and permissionless system.

I'm of the opinion that hdbuck's view, "a)", is authoritarian.  My view, "b)", is the complete opposite of authoritarian.  Thus concludes another edition of "why do I always have to spell it out for people like they're not all there upstairs?"    Roll Eyes

Not yet having caught the tip of this discussion, I just want to say...

+1!

Oh - and ... well done!

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:57:48 AM

Which is the more authoritarian attitude in your mind?

a) Unilaterally changing network parameters is a threat to the network and should be derided / ridiculed / dismissed / etc.

or

b) Any user can unilaterally change any network parameters as they wish because it's an open and permissionless system.

I'm of the opinion that hdbuck's view, "a)", is authoritarian.  My view, "b)", is the complete opposite of authoritarian.  Thus concludes another edition of "why do I always have to spell it out for people like they're not all there upstairs?"    Roll Eyes

Not yet having caught the tip of this discussion, I just want to say...

+1!

Oh - and ... well done!

Are you noobs done 69ing each other? Smiley

God why you and your reddit whatnot dont already fork off to Bitcoin XT?

Freaking spammers and social media wannabes.

It does seem like Bitcoin Classic has some decent support ATM (ACK on Github). Although should we be discussing it here?

discuss here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1325375.0
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:01:38 AM

I am however disappointed that smartfbrankings changed my original sidebar text.

Bitcoin Classic...is poised to be the greatest cryptocurrency since Bitcoin XT

rofl

Hearn better put some ice on that.  Because the burn ward won't accept Gavincoins.   Cheesy

Our Front National Trio will be the last men standing behind the Greatest Censor of all time.
Bergmann_Christoph

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 09:09:10 AM

I hope that they get 75% miner support right away so that I can watch their miners saying, "Oh shit, we just mined a ton of worthless altcoins!".

Why are you so sure it will be an altcoin? If 70% of the miners mine the new chain, they have the power to defrag the old chain without risk, like it happened so often with altcoins, and they also have an economic incentive to do so. No sane investor would buy the old coins, no miner would mine it, no merchant would accept it, no exchange would hold it, cause they are the most vulnerable altcoin on earth, just living on bless of the miner's of the new bitcoin.

If the fork happens like described by classic / xt, it will play out very soon. People that try to double spent between the chains will loose their coins, people who kept their coins unspent on the old chain can simple take them to the new chain.

If I think about it ... the miner's of the new bitcoin can just 51 the old coin and force it into their fork. After this there will be some old nodes left, that can still spent, but not receive nor relay ... it's really easy. A fork with the supermajority of miners will be the only one.

--

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:13:06 AM

If I think about it ... the miner's of the new bitcoin can just 51 the old coin and force it into their fork. After this there will be some old nodes left, that can still spent, but not receive nor relay ... it's really easy. A fork with the supermajority of miners will be the only one.

Miners wont be mining some shitcoin. Forcing anything (eg. attack) wont even matter as their revenue would instantly fall.
It is about all nodes or none. It is about ROI and not social-media-democracy.
Bergmann_Christoph

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 09:22:30 AM

Miners wont be mining some shitcoin. Forcing anything (eg. attack) wont even matter as their revenue would instantly fall.

if miners don't mine it, there will be no fork.

I think you should have the mental capacities to understand that if we talk about what happens "if" something happens we should start with the notion that something happens. Saying "If (x=1) than (x!=1)" obviously hurts logic.

And if the condition: miners mine new coin is true, than it's also true that miners of the new coin can 51 the old coin.

And if the condition old coin = vulnerable to 51 is true, than under the condition of ROI-seeking participants it's true that old coin = less worth than new coin.

Do you understand or does your brain only read "Shitcoin shitcoin shitcoin"?

--

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:28:46 AM

Are you noobs...

QFT. That is all.

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:31:38 AM

if miners don't mine it, there will be no fork.

I think you should have the mental capacities to understand that if we talk about what happens "if" something happens we should start with the notion that something happens. Saying "If (x=1) than (x!=1)" obviously hurts logic.

And if the condition: miners mine new coin is true, than it's also true that miners of the new coin can 51 the old coin.

And if the condition old coin = vulnerable to 51 is true, than under the condition of ROI-seeking participants it's true that old coin = less worth than new coin.

Do you understand or does your brain only read "Shitcoin shitcoin shitcoin"?

wtf are these out of your ass "ifs" and "conditions"?

shitcoiners gotta shitpost.
Bergmann_Christoph

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 09:50:38 AM

wtf are these out of your ass "ifs" and "conditions"?

shitcoiners gotta shitpost.

Sorry. I overestimated your capacity of processing complexity. Will never happen again.

--

sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 10:16:17 AM

I have to question your understanding if you can make a statement like this.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:17:42 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 11:49:55 AM by Zarathustra

Peak comedy @smalblockers imminent?

https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/40ppt9/censored_front_page_thread_about_bitcoin_classic/cyw40xf
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 10:35:24 AM

Grin

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:31:47 PM

I can't wait either. As iCEBREAKER pointed out a few posts back this is mearly a wedge attempt, but at least this time with "Bitcoin Classic" they don't mince words and admit they want to fork Bitcoin.

Let 'em I say. I'll just grab some popcorn and watch it play out like all reddit-fueled drama does: "Yay, we did it!" euphoria followed by "Oh shit!" when holders of the Bitcoin Classic altcoin realize they were socially engineered.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: