Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:55:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis and list of top big blocks shills (XT #REKT ignorers)  (Read 46559 times)
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:44:41 PM

Theymos has censored this again, moved off to the alt coin wilderness.

I personally think this is good news.  Theymos has obviously seen the light.  He's taken a thread titled and talking about Bitcoin Core, and moved it to the Altcoins board.  Pretty soon he'll have to move all the soon-to-be-defunct Bitcoin Core discussion to Altcoin status.  Although more likely is Deadend Chain Coin status.  RIP.

Classic isn't even released yet and almost 75% is already lined up in support.  It is possible that this thing is over almost as fast as it begins.   And my bet is that almost everyone jumps to the Classic Chain within hours of the 75% trigger.

However, my guess is also that the bitter weasels of Blockstream/Core are frantically coding timebombs to try and wage a scorched earth war.  You can already see how petty they are acting trying to disrupt Classic discussion.  

This is why everyone needs to be ready to Download Classic Nodes as soon as available.  Classic needs to Roll Out like a Crushing Tidalwave to remove ALL Public Doubt that the Bitcoin Community is totally in support of Classic.

No Complacency.  DO not doubt for a second that the Fork will be met with a furious FUD, DDOS, Doublespend Attempt series of attacks.   The second the Classic Download Button goes active - it is All Hands On Deck!   There will be a very short but intense war.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:07:03 PM

I personally think this is good news.  Theymos has obviously seen the light.  He's taken a thread titled and talking about Bitcoin Core, and moved it to the Altcoins board.  Pretty soon he'll have to move all the soon-to-be-defunct Bitcoin Core discussion to Altcoin status.  Although more likely is Deadend Chain Coin status.  RIP.

Classic isn't even released yet and almost 75% is already lined up in support.  It is possible that this thing is over almost as fast as it begins.   And my bet is that almost everyone jumps to the Classic Chain within hours of the 75% trigger.

However, my guess is also that the bitter weasels of Blockstream/Core are frantically coding timebombs to try and wage a scorched earth war.  You can already see how petty they are acting trying to disrupt Classic discussion.  

This is why everyone needs to be ready to Download Classic Nodes as soon as available.  Classic needs to Roll Out like a Crushing Tidalwave to remove ALL Public Doubt that the Bitcoin Community is totally in support of Classic.

No Complacency.  DO not doubt for a second that the Fork will be met with a furious FUD, DDOS, Doublespend Attempt series of attacks.   The second the Classic Download Button goes active - it is All Hands On Deck!   There will be a very short but intense war.

June at the earliest

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:13:54 PM

Good spot, I never looked at it that way!!  Cheesy

Way to go Theymos, you are certainly on the ball.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:17:12 PM

Quote from: Bergmann_Christoph
The truth may be more simple: the economy lost faith in core to solve the scalability problem.
And yes, this is a takeover. Core forgot that bitcoin is not just development, but also economy and politic. They ignored the needs of the economy, and the politics of consensus. It's not fair to only blame big blockers when we slide into a contentious hardfork.Maybe their way can be considered technical better - but politically it was not the safest and secure, but the most dangerous way: the way that increased the risk of a contentious hardfork.
Is the economy supposed to decide on the technicalities of the system? Are we going to let people who major in economics and politics make the most important decisions that people with an IT degree need to be making? If so, then I might as well tear apart my 'degree'.
When did companies become laboratory-mices for developers to publicly proove a thesis?
At least it was bad style from Todd, especially so short after coinbase said they support lightning and bitcoin.org relistet them. And if I remember correctly, on top of this Todd released a python-script how to do
Everyone overreacted. It was 10$ (I think, not sure) and he offered to give it back. This is not a big deal at all.
Define spam.negl
Who decides what spam is and what usecases to restrict? If you decide now that some kind of transaction are considered as spam and thus prohibited, you act like a regulator. Every node and miner can decide to prohibit spam - and should be allowed to chose his own definition of spam - but we don't need a central regime where a bunch of people decide which transactions are not worth to get in the chain.
IIRC a signature campaign that was paying out daily, that can be considered very spammy and the amount were negligible (that would be an example; who am I to define spam for everyone?).

Core's policy not to publicly "panic" each time this happens.
Really? That's something I never heard.
If everyone heard about it then the policy would not make much sense now would it?

I remember posts not deleted but moved in altcoin-section. Hiding something in a niche is also some kind of censorship.
So what is moderation then? An abstract action that does not exist anymore?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
VeritasSapere

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:41:20 AM

The truth may be more simple: the economy lost faith in core to solve the scalability problem.
And yes, this is a takeover. Core forgot that bitcoin is not just development, but also economy and politic. They ignored the needs of the economy, and the politics of consensus. It's not fair to only blame big blockers when we slide into a contentious hardfork.Maybe their way can be considered technical better - but politically it was not the safest and secure, but the most dangerous way: the way that increased the risk of a contentious hardfork.
Is the economy supposed to decide on the technicalities of the system? Are we going to let people who major in economics and politics make the most important decisions that people with an IT degree need to be making? If so, then I might as well tear apart my 'degree'.
We need both IT experts, economists and political thinkers in order to fully understand and decide the paths we choose to take. Bitcoin requires a multidisciplinary approach in order to gain a better and wider understanding of its mechanisms and effects. Not everything in Bitcoin can be understood from an engineering perspective, economic arguments and issues have been highly prevalent in the blocksize debate for instance. This is why the Bitcoin Unlimited Articles of federation states this explicitly.

Quote from: Articles of Federation
The voices of scientists, scholars, developers, entrepreneurs, investors and users should all be heard and respected.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:44:02 AM

We need both IT experts, economists and political thinkers in order to fully understand and decide the paths we choose to take. Bitcoin requires a multidisciplinary approach in order to gain a better and wider understanding of its mechanisms and effects. This is why in the Bitcoin Unlimited Articles of Federation it does state this explicitly.

The voices of scientists, scholars, developers, entrepreneurs, investors and users should all be heard and respected.

Articles of Federation hard fork coming up to add jstolfi and TPTB_need_war

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
VeritasSapere

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:49:45 AM

We need both IT experts, economists and political thinkers in order to fully understand and decide the paths we choose to take. Bitcoin requires a multidisciplinary approach in order to gain a better and wider understanding of its mechanisms and effects. This is why in the Bitcoin Unlimited Articles of Federation it does state this explicitly.

Bitcoin Unlimited is fully compatible with any changes that are introduced through Bitcoin Classic. I fully support Bitcoin Classic and I am very pleased we are finally reaching a super majority on this issue, the original vision of Satoshi triumphs. Smiley
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:05:16 AM

Bitcoin Unlimited is fully compatible with any changes that are introduced through Bitcoin Classic. I fully support Bitcoin Classic and I am very pleased we are finally reaching a super majority on this issue, the original vision of Satoshi triumphs. Smiley

Finally!   That's why it took six years, Satoshi neglected to write Articles of Federation.

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:57:10 AM

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
danielW

Activity: 277
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:02:49 AM

Coinbase and blockchain alliance (including its member Gavin) will take over the mantle (or at least try to).

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:04:43 AM

Coinbase and blockchain alliance (including its member Gavin) will take over the mantle (or at least try to).

Bitpay has the marketshare on blacklisting.

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
danielW

Activity: 277
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:08:02 AM

Bitpay has the marketshare on blacklisting.

Yeah they are another card carrying member of blockchain alliance. They are not as determined in the takeover attempt as coinbase is tho.

What will the blockchain alliance try to force onto the network once they have control? Shudder at the thought. These companies business model is based on being in the favour of regulators and government.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:36:38 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 07:51:38 AM by hdbuck

June at the earliest

Tidalwavetm.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

PS: n00bs. Grin
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:44:00 AM

We need both IT experts, economists and political thinkers in order to fully understand and decide the paths we choose to take. Bitcoin requires a multidisciplinary approach in order to gain a better and wider understanding of its mechanisms and effects. Not everything in Bitcoin can be understood from an engineering perspective, economic arguments and issues have been highly prevalent in the blocksize debate for instance. This is why the Bitcoin Unlimited Articles of federation states this explicitly.
[/quote]
Should they all be working together? Yes. Should people who major in economics and politics decide what the infrastructure can and can not take or what the better approach between 2 is? No. That's a job for the engineers and this is what they've been studying for their entire life.

That's worse than the situation that we've had before and this has nothing to do with Satoshis vision.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bergmann_Christoph

Activity: 409
Merit: 286

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:54:02 AM

Wait vor core 0.12. They'll integrate the option to ban other nodes

--
Mein Buch: Bitcoin-Buch.org
Bester Bitcoin-Marktplatz in der Eurozone: Bitcoin.de
Bestes Bitcoin-Blog im deutschsprachigen Raum: bitcoinblog.de

Tips dafür, dass ich den Blocksize-Thread mit Niveau und Unterhaltung fülle und Fehlinformationen bekämpfe:
Bitcoin: 1BesenPtt5g9YQYLqYZrGcsT3YxvDfH239
Ethereum: XE14EB5SRHKPBQD7L3JLRXJSZEII55P1E8C
VeritasSapere

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:10:32 PM

Should they all be working together? Yes. Should people who major in economics and politics decide what the infrastructure can and can not take or what the better approach between 2 is? No. That's a job for the engineers and this is what they've been studying for their entire life.
We need the engineers to tell ideologues like myself what is possible. Great engineers like Gavin Andresen and Jeff Garzick are saying that an increase to two megabytes is possible, I have no reason to think that is not the case.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 02:14:00 PM

We need the engineers to tell ideologues like myself what is possible. Great engineers like Gavin Andresen and Jeff Garzick are saying that an increase to two megabytes is possible, I have no reason to think that is not the case.
Great engineers like Gavin and Jeff? Is this some joke or an insult to the actual great engineers of the modern world?
2 MB is possible obviously, but it is redundant in comparison to SegWit. As things stand now, the deployment time for either option is going to be similar (even if Classic takes off). 2 MB blocks do not bring anything with them, SegWit brings a lot of benefits (and the increase in capacity is just a bonus).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Great engineers like Gavin and Jeff? Is this some joke or an insult to the actual great engineers of the modern world?
2 MB is possible obviously, but it is redundant in comparison to SegWit. As things stand now, the deployment time for either option is going to be similar (even if Classic takes off). 2 MB blocks do not bring anything with them, SegWit brings a lot of benefits (and the increase in capacity is just a bonus).

This bolded bit is an odd thing to say. Some really bright folks think we can have both.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:09:00 PM

This bolded bit is an odd thing to say. Some really bright folks think we can have both.

Bitcoin Classic Is just BIP102 without Segwit , and would be a more interesting choice if it really did include both. As of right now Core + Segwit appears to be the better option. Perhaps another implementation is needed to differentiate itself enough.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:11:12 PM

Bitcoin Classic Is just BIP102 without Segwit , and would be a more interesting choice if it really did include both. As of right now Core + Segwit appears to be the better option. Perhaps another implementation is needed to differentiate itself enough.

One day this war has to end.  Undecided

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: